Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] How do You Breath Under There? (Wild Wind & Caelyndei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:48 pm
User Image

It was actually a fairly warm afternoon for a day in the middle of winter. The clouds had cleared revealing clear blue skies and the sun reflected off the glistening white snow making the air warmer in itself while golden rays smoothed over the length of the young paint's back. The dark color of her coat greedily absorbing the heat which radiated around her. It was strange to see Caelyndei so far from home and without another friend nearby. The eager youth was in her element only when she was in the company of others, but everyone needed time to themselves every now and then.

As for Caely, when her friends weren't around there was always something she could find to keep her preoccupied. At the moment the fascinated jade hues were round with wonder sliding and skittering across the thick ice which sheathed the frigid water below. She chased the large shadows of the fish which swam below in the depths of the lake which the ice couldn't reach. Tiny hooves slid and skied on the slippery surface often causing the foal to collapse repeatedly in her own enthusiasm to follow the scaled water breathers beneath her. Leave it to her childish mind to wonder just how it was they were able to live beneath such thick ice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:50 pm
User Image

The great wind was making his rounds once more of the lands. He felt that to help his new herd he should at least find prospective Winds, like himself, that were tired of being the slaves of grounded. His white hooves were tucked against his body as he flew lower to the forest canopy. He knew that there would be a clearing soon for the lake not far off. It was the last place he had run into his dear rival. For curiosity's sake, he was hoping to run into him again.

T
he trees suddenly stopped and the slick surface of the water greeted his bicolored gaze. But there was something moving about on top of the ice. It looked very much like the mare he had run across ages ago, but she hadn't been so small. He tucked his wings together to make his flight downward faster. He struck out his hooves and managed to flap his wings several times to keep himself from slamming into the ground. Perfect.

H
is head tilted to one side as he looked out at the foal. It was indeed a young Soquili. A young Grounded. He gritted his teeth and thought perhaps it would be best if he made a quick exit before she spotted him. He had no time for these wastes.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:44 am
Skidding back and forth on the smooth, icy surface as the little muddy colored filly followed the flashes of quicksilver beneath the surface Caelyndei--as per usual--was completely oblivious to the world around her. The soft shudder of Wild Wind's landing on the sturdy lake surface vibrating up the little foal's legs causing her hooves to slip right out from beneath her. Landing hard on her underside a sharp breath left her muzzle as the wind was knocked from her lungs. Oooww..

Whimpering against the shock Caely was quick to seek out new footing, having never been much of a crybaby there wasn't much else to do but get up and try again. It definitely wasn't the first time she'd fallen, sucking in a quick breath as soon as the restrictive grasp on her chest was released. What was that?

Murmuring to herself, confused by the miniature earthquake her spring green hues scanned the terrain, the fur along her spine bristling and her tail lifting in surprise to find another Soquili nearby. A large stallion whose coloring reminded her greatly of Eve, save the fact that he possessed far more white and the splashes of black on his coat seemed to be far more... purposeful then the random, scattered patches that marked her sibling's coat.

Smiling eagerly at the stranger Caely bounded towards him though her 'bounds' were compromised by the ice causing her to skitter towards him more than anything, sitting her rear down as she tried--to no avail--not to crash into the painted stallion. Thumping into one of Wild Wind's forelegs her gaze immediately fell with wide, wonderment filled eyes to the feathered wings tucked at his dies and his endlessly long mane and tail which flowed like rivers. It was only the second encounter she'd ever had with a wind Soquili, the first being too long ago for the tiny foal to even remember.

Young and naive she hurriedly gathered herself back onto all four hooves her greeting bubbly and breathless, barely able to contain her excitement at meeting such a majestic looking Soquili. He-Hello! My name is Caelyndei! What.. what's your name?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:02 pm
He snorted when he felt the foal run into his leg and lifted it out of the way with a look that was clearly annoyed. The sparkle of admiration in the filly's eyes, however, brought a rueful smile to his maw. And he allowed himself a once over, noting the splashes of black and white. She would grow up to be very striking in appearance, but he didn't waste his time with Grounded.

He took careful steps around her while she gained her footing again. His black ears swiveled when he heard her speak her name.
"Caelyndei," he rolled off his tongue with a slight rough accent. He made it sound appealing, edible.

He returned his gaze from the sky back to his uninvited companion. His eyes seemed cold and distant.
"M'name's Wild Wind. Ye should show better respect to those who are above yer station," he said gruffly.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:18 pm
The little filly would have eagerly admitted she liked the way her name sounded on this foreign stallion's tongue. His dialect noticeably different from her own even if only vaguely. Tiny tail wagged enthusiastically, her rear raised as her forelimbs gathered beneath her chest, gathering herself to stand on unsteady stilts. Proudly managing to stand all on her own, sleek brown ears swiveled thoughtfully before siddling around to nuzzle against Wild Wind's side.

The feathers of his wings were warm and soft against her fur, the first she'd ever felt as she lipped raven edged wings innocently, inquisitive and completely bewildered by such unfamiliar appendages. Caely was known for being a particularly cuddly foal and though she meant no harm there were Soquili who could find her affectionate--attentiveness--overbearing and, lets face it, irritating. However, Cynara and Blais' offspring meant well blinking wide, jade eyes as the stallion introduced himself.

Show better... respect? Caely's ears pinned against her head abashedly. She hadn't realized that he thought her disrespectful and, ever the one to please, the thought of anyone angry with her made her pelt quiver uneasily. I.. I'm sorry! I didn't--didn't mean...

Caelyndei had begun quickly before she skittered away from the paint's side. How did she rectify the situation? Naive, color splashed filly would have allowed a skinwalker to nibble on her if it would appeased them, dropping to her knees so quick that the hard ice caused pain to spike through her forelimbs. Tucking her black striped face against the lake surface, she bit back a wince and hurried to correct her faux pas with the Wind stallion. Maybe their customs were different then those she knew? How was Caely to know for certain?

It.. It's a pleasure to meet you. Wild Wind is a wonderful name! I'm s-sorry for greeting y-you so impolitely. I've ne-never met a Soquili with wings before...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 pm
His entire body tensed when the disgusting filly nuzzled into him. Upper lip curled into a snarl as he shifted his wing from her touch. He didn't trust the innocent not to clip him of important feathers. Only the strong were sky bound was the herd motto.

B
ut his snarl turned into a smile at her kneeling form. It was tight and smug, but showed his pleasure that she would be able to learn her station. His chest puffed out a fraction to make him seem bigger, even though he was compared to grounded stallions.

"Yer youthful ignorance shall be over looked. For now." He couldn't help but gloat that he could correct the outlook of this youth. "Ye will learn in time that my breed are a step above yers."

He flared his black tipped wings wide as he continued to speak. "These. These wings are what set us apart. Do ye have a trace of feathers among yer family?" He was curious if there would be a weak link in her lineage like his rival.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:34 pm
Hesitant to rise again, groveling filly lifted her head cautiously. From her station beneath him the wind stallion was enormous, like a statue of power and grace. One that looked particularly pleased by how well Caelyndei catered to his ego.

Reassured by the pleased burr of Wild Wind's voice over top her head, chilled foal rose stiffly and stood tenatively. Sleek ears cocked at the puzzling statement, as if he were telling her something she didn't already know. Of course Wind Soquili were above Ground creatures like herself, they flew! Bubbling youth didn't even realize that her elder meant the statement in a condescending, even intentionally hurtful way. Her innocence protecting her from what might have otherwise been a wounding comment.

Watching robust wings flare painted child flicked her tail excited, restraining herself from bounding forward to nuzzle into the downy feathers. Silently respecting the stranger's space, the question caught Caely off guard. Feathers? I... I don't know. My papa knows a white wind like you. Maybe you know him? He.. uhm.. he wears blue armor?

Shuffling awkwardly, tiny hooves pawed at the ice, obviously uncertain of her answer.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:18 am
Thank the heavens there wasn't a drop of Wind. That would have been such a waste of a good line. He turned his bi-colored gaze down to the filly once more, taking in the words she had said. "Yer father knows one? I can't say that I've had the pleasure."

He slowly started walking off the ice of the frozen lake, careful not to let his hooves slip. He'd have to make a mental note to seek out this "knighted" stallion. He didn't even glance back to see if she would follow with how absorbed his mind was on this blue-armored Wind.

[-Sorry. My brain fizzled on me.-]

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:41 am
Lifting her head high enough to see the stallion's face, Caely suddenly wondered why she hadn't noticed that his eyes were two different shades. Her sister Eve also possessed bi-tonal eyes and the little, chocolate foal had always been a little jealous of the rare and unique trait. It seemed all the more a precious commodity now, knowing that the strong spirited stallion had also been bestowed such a gift.

Yea! He came with Papa to see us when my sisters and me were just out of our baskets! Bobbing her head with great enthusiasm as the Wind Soquili seemed to show great interest in the conversation rather suddenly, flaxen tail wagged with excitement. The intent expression that fell over his features caused the filly to blink bemusedly as she was suddenly so easily forgotten. W-Wait.. wh... where are you going?

Sliding and stumbling upon the frictionless surface as she made a honorable effort to keep up with the far more agile adult.

[ lol. No need for apologies. ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:55 am
He paused in mid stride, one of his hooves slide a bit under the awkward stance. He slowly set his foot down and turned his head to look at the filly with a very critical eye. "Why would he come and see you horses?"

He silently cursed his luck that he might have found another one of those ground loving Winds that felt it was their duty to be "guardians" to the poor beasts. He hated how simple minded those fools could be and stubborn to boot about their own foolish beliefs. Their breed was line compared to the multitudes of horses roaming these lands. No longer were there days when the skies would darken from the herds of Winds. It was sickening.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 pm
Well.. Caely had stumbled back a pace as the stallion's own stride fell abruptly short, fearing she might have bumped into the hack of his leg otherwise. His question surprised her. Made her wonder what was so important about the white Wind stallion, Crousader.

The way he gazed at her with sharp, bi-tonal stare caused her own face to fall. Was it normal to feel so small under the gaze of Wind Stallions? She wouldn't have known. She could barely remember the only one she'd met. He had seemed pleasant enough, that she could recall. Mannerly, maybe a little too formal, but generally friendly. Not like the tight, harsh mannered paint that stood ahead of her. I.. I guess because he knows my papa really well. From training him...

Caelyndei offered meagerly, feeling rather as though her answer wouldn't be satisfactory to her new acquaintance. All the family came and.. papa considers him family. So.. so he came too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:10 am
His lipped twitched in shear disgust. A wind considered family? And training? What was this fool training a horse for? How to fly? He shook his head, the mane moving with the action and causing the beads of his braids to click together. No jumping to conclusion, no matter how horrible the truth might actually be when he meets the stallion face-to-face.

"Family? Family?" He still wasn't getting over that little blurb. "He's not even blood, not even part of your lineage. What makes you think he feels the same way towards your family?" He might as well plant the seeds of doubt in another one. "Maybe he feels that your family belongs to him for training your father?"

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces