Sponsor - yes 0.44262295081967 44.3% [ 27 ]
Sponsor - no 0.032786885245902 3.3% [ 2 ]
Lurker - yes 0.44262295081967 44.3% [ 27 ]
Lurker - just passing through 0.081967213114754 8.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 569 570 571 > >> >>> »|

User Image

A long time ago...

...In a galaxy far, far, away, there was a farmboy and an evil empire. And the farmboy defeated the empire, found his sister, and redeemed his father and it was pretty groovy for a while. Numerous threats rose up to threaten the peace in the galaxy and each time the farmboy, his family, and his order of Jedi Knights quelled the danger. The Galaxy enjoyed a long period of prosperity (and the occasional odd extra-galactic invasion, but don't worry about that.) The Jedi ensured peace and enlightenment throughout for many years, and nine out of ten Wookiees agreed that it was a good time to live in the GFFA.

But since things stayed so good for so long, the Jedi eventually faded out of style and gradually lost their rank and prestige. They spent many decades as street performers until two young masters decided it was time for a change. Perhaps they were simply bored. Perhaps they sensed a coming storm. Perhaps they just wanted an excuse to waste taxpayer money. Whatever the reason, they established two temples to train a new order of Jedi and Sith as protectors of the Galaxy.

To be continued...

Welcome:

Welcome to Far Far Away or FFA, a Star Wars breedables/changing pet shop. For more information about role playing, history, future planing and more, please continue reading the following posts.

Rules:

• Abide by Gaia's rules at all times
  • No stealing of the art or of the ideas.
  • Before RPing please read the RP rules below.

User Image
User Image

• Dec. 26 2008: Okay, things have been pretty quiet, but the xmas event was quietly awesome. Please welcome Jacen and Jaina to the temple! Jacen's sponsor is Wotcher, and Jaina's sponsor is Carmel-filled TeaCup! Congratulations to both of them!
  • Aug. 23 2008: We have teenagers now! Jiri and Korvo grew on page 472 - maybe there's something in the water? And we apparently have knights, too! Design-a-Knight has concluded - please welcome Faewynd, Chibi Sheepcat, Fallen_Kitsune_Thief, and Kalietha to the FFA community!
  • May. 22 2008: The Balance to the Force event was a roaring success! We got over twenty amazing entries, but managed to narrow it down to six winners. Please welcome new sponsors Color Me Dark, o0 Nel Zelpher 0o, Hikari_of_Genesis, Nova, Bress Baltar, and Miliardo Kason!
  • May. 8 2008: Lena is pretty friggin sweet and built us an entire front page layout from scratch. Hooray for the new look and check out those snazzy banners! (Silv likes the death star one.)
  • Apr. 21 2008: Old news was oooooold. Silv and Kailey got off their asses and updated stuff on the front page, moved things around, and made a general mess. We're working on getting a new layout, and the affiliates have been cleared because they were a disaster area. Yay activity!
  • Nov. 27 2007: FFA welcomes Silverah and Kailey Koreco to the staff!
  • Sep. 22 2007: A hiring thread has been set up! FFA is looking to hire multiple Managers and possibly some graphics.
  • Aug. 7 2007: Aving is lazy and can't keep up w/ updates D: But actually, this is to welcome the host of new students to the Temple! Customs and the Flatsale has probably doubled the current number of students!
  • Apr. 20 2007: The Shop NPC now has a spiffed up outfit thanks to the suggestions by Kailey_Koreco!
  • Feb. 17 2007: After discovering all the certs were over the byte limit / size, they have now been fixed! All sponsors are encouraged to change your url from .png to .jpg!
  • Feb. 4 2007: The Temple welcomes Maki, Demarr, Camlan, and Kienys. (( Congratulations to the corresponding Contest and Raffle winners! Your journals are now set up and ready for posting! ))
  • As our "coming out of hiatus" event, FFA is hosting two simultaneous events - a writing competition and a raffle.
  • FFA's guild is now officially running! This is where the DataPads(journals) and loads of other information are held. You can find it here. Everyone is welcome to look around, but only sponsors are invited to post.
  • FFA's first flatsale will be occurring on Wednesday, July 26. The Flatsale will begin at 1:00 o'clock central time and run for a total of five days. For more information, please read the posts below. (Now over - thank you to all who participated!)
  • July 14, 2006: The actual thread has been created! The first FS is in the near future, and things are looking good.
  • Life has returned! Still under construction, but moving faster now.
  • Mid April: My Internet has been revoked, and the thread will be going on a temporary hiatus. Annaving has graciously been helping me out with the planning and will be doing a great deal of the art. *bows*
  • April 2, 2006: The interest thread is created, but still under heavy construction. Thank you for your patience.

User Image
User Image

Our Star Wars breedables shop is set hundreds of years in the future from the movies and books and generally ignores the canon after NJO. (But that's totally okay because most of the canon after NJO sucks anyway.) Instead, hundreds of years after the death of Luke Skywalker and consequently, the death of both the Sith and the Jedi, a new order is born. It is born out of the ultimate balance, where neither good nor evil exist on a large enough scale to actually matter, and created a system of force users that is compliant with the balance they are accustomed to: two temples, the Sith and the Jedi, working as a cooperative. Both exist as a different, unique entities with exclusive belief systems, but none is stronger than the other, none more important, none more correct.
In essence; balance.
Or... there is balance so far.
The two temples, newly built on the planet Tyrinonge* are, for the first time, opening their doors to force users. With the children pre-selected, it is now only a question of their sponsors and the temples they will go to...

The Jedi:

Like their ancient predecessors, the Jedi are interested in peaceful measures first: negotiations, persuasion, and, should all else fail, illusion. But don't be fooled, the Jedi fight just as brutally as the Sith when the s**t hits the fan and nothing else will work. To those who cross them, the Jedi are, "a kind smile, followed by two punches and a roundhouse kick to the face." To those who don't, they are a simple smile. The Jedi are often frustrated by the forceful ways of the Sith, but work hard to keep the peace.

The Sith:

"Power is needed to protect," is one of their more poinient philosophies. It goes with out saying, then, that a main goal in the Sith temple is to gain strength and power, usually to better ones' ability to help those around them. There is still a negative connotation with the word "Sith", that the current users of the title are working hard to overcome. They don't always agree with the soft negotiations of the Jedi, and there is often a bit of tension during cooperative missions. They do, however, understand the need for balance, and put their differences aside when the need arises.

The founders:

User ImageUser ImageAfter hundreds of years of simple force using, charlatans in bars, tricks on the street corners, S. Char-Langui and J. Svarsika-la-toa (Sva-la), a formers weapons technician and strategist respectfully, decided a change was in order. They studied endless holograms on the temples and wars and calculated each and every mistake made In the end, after years of research and thought, they came upon the two temple system.

User Image

*Don't try finding it on any map, because we made it up. It's somewhere near Zeltros and is mostly jungle with a couple small cities and settlements.
User Image

Please note that all RP will be taking place at the guild. If you are the Owner/Sponsor, you will be invited into the guild, which can be found here.

User ImageUser Image

Youngling:
The age of acceptance into either of the two temples. The children are usually around the age of ten human years, or the equivalent maturity in their own race. In an attempt to keep history from repeating itself, the founders abolished the recruitment of infants and now require full sponsor support and continual letters home. The younglings now begin their basic force training. Shown: Anastasia Zerthos and Jhordaan Tri'kule

User ImageUser Image

Apprentice:
After a series of trials, the younglings are accepted into the apprentice program. In another attempt to solve previous problems, the temples now have several padawans (apprentices) assigned to a single master. It is at this time that the serious force training begins. Shown: Jiri Yim and Korvo Vos

User ImageUser Image

Knight:
After passing the knighthood rials the force users are allowed out on solo missions of particular importance that padawan master teams would be unable to complete. Much responsibility is placed on the young adults to keep the peace in the galaxy, and to protect those in it. Jedi Knights of significant experience will be encouraged to adopt younger pupils as padawans. Shown: Cara Ydell and Teasel

User Image

Master:
A Master is one of the highest level one can possibly attain. Achieving the position denotes an extensive knowledge of the force and decades of experience. Masters are usually characterized by their wisdom, advanced lightsaber techniques, and their mastery of the force. A true trademark of a master, however, is the ability to pass on such skill and knowledge to the next generation. Shown: Svarsika-la-toa and Char Langui
  • Council Member
    The rank of a Council Member is reserved for the individuals that have truly exceeded in mastery of the force. The role of the Council Member is to provide guidance and instruction to the other individuals of their respected temple. In return, they receive the highest respect and full authority.

Role Playing Requirements:

***((These stats are very rough. Leveling up will more closely be determined on an individual basis))***

These children will be role playing intensive, but heavy experience is not need. Everyone starts somewhere, after all, and somewhere just might be here. All that is needed is a little time, and a willingness to learn.
  • Youngling to Apprentice: All six introductory Temple Training Sessions Completed; active RP in the guild. Selection by a "master", successful construction of a lightsaber.
  • Apprentice to Knight: 7 Additional Training Sessions Completed; 3 Missions Completed; Successful Completion of "The Trials".
  • Knight to Master: 5 Training Sessions taught; 5 Missions Completed; Successful training of a Padawan (apprentice - knighthood); Council Approval
  • Council Member: Active Involvement in the RP; Invitation by current Council

[b]Student's Name:[/b]
[b]Current Appearance:[/b] -link-
[b]Any changes to personality?[/b]
[b]Physical Changes:[/b] -description/quick burb-
[b]References:[/b] -link(s)-
[b]Clothing Style:[/b] -quick blurb-
[b]References:[/b] -link(s)-
[b]Other:[/b] -random stuff if needed, if they have an item they'd wear, or whatever?-

Sponsors:
As the sponsor of your Jedi or Sith child, you will be responsible for paying their tuition plus room and board (flat sale price). In rare cases, an exceptional child, other than those selected by midichlorian testing, will be allowed to attend (auction). Should a child's sponsor be spontaneously attacked by pirates (leaving their respective temple plenty of notice) the child will remain under the care of the temple until another sponsor can be found (adoption auction).

User Image
User Image

Younglings:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Padawans:

User Image User Image

Knights:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Masters:
User Image User Image
User Image
User Image

Flatsales:
Possibly coming soon!

Auctions:
None planned!

Raffles:
None planned!

Rehomings:
Coming soon!

Other:
None planned!

User Image
User Image

Alrighty... everyone is a little egotistical, so here's a little corner where the owners of the thread, Annaving, Silverah, and Kailey, can bask in a mini spotlight.

User Image
    Annaving
  • Name:Annaving, Aving, Anna, ect
  • Position:Owner... artist..... a little bit of everything else?
  • Current Obsessions...
    ------------ Movie: Lord of the Rings or Star Wars (duh)
    ------------ TV Shows: Various J-Dramas, my favorites so far have been Hanazakari no Kimitachi e and Hana Yori Dango
    ------------ Manga: Hana Kimi
    ------------ Anime: Rurouni Kenshin
    ------------ Song: Love so Sweet - Arashi
    ------------ Pastime: Art... oh shock!
  • Peeves...
    ------------ wet socks
    ------------ homework
    ------------ computer problems
    ------------ arrogant peoples D :
  • RL Bio..
    ------------ Sex: Female
    ------------ Timezone: EST
    ------------ Religion: Christianity
  • Gaian Bio..
    ------------ I joined Gaia back in 2oo4 in search of a new place to roleplay. Apon discovering Gaia through google, I quickly fell in love with the avatars and the world more so than the simple RP Forums I was used to. I quickly set up home in the Art and B/C forums-- loving the art and enjoying the chance to develope my own art skills. And now, almost three years later I'm still here. I haven't really changed that much, but my art skills have definately improved.

Silverah
  • Name:Silverah, Silvy, Silv, Silveh, Silver...
  • Position:Rp manager... Part-time super-hero and code goddess... random bits of everything?
  • Current Obsessions...
    ------------ Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Juno
    ------------ TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy, Mythbusters
    ------------ Manga: Battle Angel Alita & Battle Angel Alita: Last Order
    ------------ Anime: Digimon, Serial Experiments Lain, Princess Tutu <3
    ------------ Song: Bling (Confessions of a King) by The Killers
    ------------ Pastime: Theater!
  • Peeves...
    ------------ N00bspeak, trolls, etc...
    ------------ People who can't take a hint.
    ------------ Slackers.
    ------------ Having people read over my shoulder/breathe down my neck
  • RL Bio..
    ------------ Sex: female
    ------------ Religion: Jewish
  • Gaian Bio..
    ------------ Gaian since early, early, early 05. I sort of bopped around the GD, ED, and AT for a bit before making my way over to Breedables in late 05/Early 06. I've worked at several different shops and can reasonably call myself a "veteran" of the B/C forum. My motto is, "If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong!" (Maybe not, but it pretty much sums up why I stick around this forum!) ALSO, in case Jiri didn't make it obvious enough, I love the Yuuzhan Vong. <3

Kailey Koreco
  • Name:Kae, Kailey
  • Position:Co-owner, semi-Rp manager... random bits of everything when needed?
  • Current Obsessions...
    ------------ Movie: Peter Pan (2003 version), Star Wars, Silent Hill <3
    ------------ TV Shows: Bones or House <3
    ------------ Manga: Tenshi Ja Nai!
    ------------ Anime: Ouran High School Host Club
    ------------ Song: "God is a Girl" by Groove Coverage
    ------------ Pastime: Art and writing, really =o
  • Peeves...
    ------------ MY DEAD LAPTOP T___T </3
    ------------ People getting mad at you without trying to work things out >> </3
    ------------ Silence in a conversation
    ------------ No caps or puntuation when people type >_<;; </3
  • RL Bio..
    ------------ Sex: Female
    ------------ Religion: NONE and happy that way! To each their own is my moto <3
  • Gaian Bio..
    ------------ I've gone through a few accounts, but all have had to do with my OC, Kailey Koreco -NOT originally a Star Wars OC, mind you. That was Kailey version 3.4 :3 <3
    I joined first around early '04, and have loved the place ever since <3
    Barton Town has always been my true home, loving to Rp ever since coming over from Neopets on an online friend's request. Recently though, I've become a total breedable/Rp/art whore, so it's easy to say B/C threads are nothing less than my second home here on Gaia ~<3

User Image
User Image

If you are a sponsor seeking a very specific child, we do have various contacts who can help. For a certain fee, this contact will comb the galaxy looking for a force sensitive child matching your specifications! Please note that this search can be rather intensive and can take a good amount of time. In addition, this service can be very expensive due to the time and energy it requires to find child that is force sensitive. If you are interested in this service, please scan through the following contacts to determine which one best suits your needs. Please note that each contact must be available before you attempt to hire them.

If a Contact is available for hire, any potential sponsor send a pm to Far-Far-Away

Contact 001: Ali Roxan: Specializes in Semi-Specific Searches
  • Fee: 1oo k
  • Information: "Semi-Specific" searches allow you to choose the Name, Gender, Species, and Planet of Origin. The child will be roughly ten standard years old and ready to enter training as a youngling.
  • Current / Past Assignments: a * denotes a completed search
    __________Silverah: Yuuzhan Vong Female *
    __________[Kako]: Zabrak Male *
    __________Wotcher: Zeltron Male *
    __________ladyumbra: Selonian *

Contact 002: Rayne Giero: Specializes in Specific Searches
  • Fee: 2oo k
  • Information: "Specific" searches allow you to choose the Name, Gender, Species, Planet of Origin, Personality and Physical traits and distinguishing marks. The sponsor will also be updated with the progress of the search continually. The child will be roughly ten standard years old and ready to enter training as a youngling.
    __________LittleDream: Twi'lek Female*
    __________Tezi: Miraluka Female*
    __________Unaru: Theelin Male *
    __________Ryugen: Kiffar Male *
    __________endejester: Trianii Male *

Contact 003: ???: Specializes in Exact Searches
  • Fee: Bribe/Pet Trade Only
  • Information: This covert contact claims to have connections to a group posessing Kaminoan cloning technology. For a discussed fee, an embryo will be altered to your exact specifications. The sponsor may choose which characteristics and abilities to emphasize. Growth hormones are optional. If desired, the sponsor may raise the infant until he/she is naturally old enough to begin straining.
    __________Kailey Koreco: Human/Firrerreo Female*

Pet Trades:

Though pet trades are not common, they are possible. If you are interested in a pet trade, please check the staff member's section and follow their procedure for contacting them.

Annaving
  • ((Currently Revamping))
    _______

Silverah
  • under construction

Kailey Koreco
  • under construction

User Image
User Image

Have a question?
  • Reread the front page.
  • Still have a question? Post it in this thread and I'll be happy to answer it.

Have a sugestion?
  • Feel free to voice any sugestions or helpful hints! I'm eager to get outside opinions and will consiter anything you say.

Major typos?
  • Have I mucked something up? Go ahead and let me know. Much better to fix it than let it fester.

User Image
User Image

Still have a question? Feel free to post in the thread so that your question may be added.
  • How does Far Far Away's activity policy work?
    After eight months of inactivity, you are eligible to receive a warning. After a year of inactivity, your student can be taken from you and placed in a rehoming event. Typically, you will receive a warning giving you two months to correct your actions. Failure to comply will result in the seizure of your child unless a suitable reason for hiatus is given. School, work, family, and other real life issues are considered suitable reasons. Addiction to World of Warcraft is not. We will rehome a student up to two times, after which point the student will simply be expelled from the academy. Students with extensive, player-specific backstories will not be rehomed. Students who have never been played or who have had only a minimum of interaction will be rehomed as if they were predrawn flatsale students.

User Image
User Image

Link Us:

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2vn4yb][IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c86/Vongchild/FarFarAway/farlink.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Affiliates:

Affiliates have been cleared because they were an ungodly mess. PM the mule to re-affiliate.

User Image
User Image

Staff
Previous Owner: Orockthro
Artist and Co-Owner: Annaving
Co-Owner: Kailey Koreco
Manager: Silverah

White List
Everyone who has stuck by this shop through the slow periods!

Grey List
None.

Blacklist
AJ Leibman/Ari Leibman/Slycooper2 Spooky/ et all.

Mailing List:
  • Your Inner Nerd
  • MysticAir
  • Marinity
  • Lakia Malak
  • Maeko-Hana
  • [Dirty.Laundry]
  • JuxxtheFluxx
  • nemisiskenobi
  • Menelwen
  • Constance Ringwood
  • Delijah
  • Pata lover
  • Kalietha
  • [-Darcy-]
  • Elza Blade
  • Eyulra

If you want to be added to the mailing list, please ask in the thread!

User Image
User Image

• Original Idea: Orockthro
  • Expanded Idea: Annaving, Kailey Koreco, Silverah
  • Based on the original creations of: George Lucas
  • Art by: Annaving
  • Thread graffics by: Lenachan358

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff