Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
@Desi: Not so nice when the caffeine high ends though. Urgh I feel awful. And I've just realised how much I've entered into on the Writing Contests forum... next weekend will be busy indeed.

Eh, try telling my dad that... he made my sister revise from 6am to 11pm flat back when she was doing her A-levels, I'm pretty lucky. Heh, my sister when I saw her on Thursday: "I hear that A2 textbooks make good kindling, so if you were thinking of having a bonfire, between now and the summer would be a good time".

Yay! Counting down the days...

Naww... we all have days like that sad Just gotta fight through it.

@dinosaur: Thanks again for the help smile

Questionable Streaker

The Mysterious Gunslinger
LoperDoper
That sounds quite interesting. The nineteenth century is such an interesting one.

Currently I'm working on something that's, at it's core, a love story. But it's not very obvious. It's quite complex xD. Thanks for asking!

I adore romance. Would you mind telling me about it?
It's an Urban Fantasy story, which begins with four characters, three of whom have no idea where they are. They realise that, despite not having met before, each one resembles a character they read about in a book. One of them doesn't take this well, and gets the others killed. A fifth character (Sadie) turns up, who speaks a lot with Death, and the final of the four and Sadie make a deal to swap her with one of the characters who he got killed.
Then it gets a bit more complex.

Sadie is friends with Death, who is actually one of the original four (Murray). The story so far was actually a collaberative effort between the two. Sadie should have died a few years back, but Murray made a deal with some angels to give her a few more years. Sadie's actually a serial killer of angels, and so she's been paired up with a fallen angel on the condition that if one is hurt, then so is the other. Nearing the end of the story, Murray makes lots of deals and takes quite a few risks. He does all of this because he loves her, so it's more a devotion story than anything else, but could never actually tell her because she obviously doesn't feel the same way.

I'll be surprised if you understand it, I've spent hours explaining it to a friend of mine and she still doesn't get it xD

Magnetic Seeker

6,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@Lahrette;;;; No problem! Any time~ *starts randomly singing the Kim Possible song*

Progress;;; *stops singing* My progress.... Hm... I have started typing the story up on the computer rather than writing it. It's somewhat easier. But because I just started typing it, I'm only at 300 words. sweatdrop I gots a lot of typing to do.

Zealot

Marble Eyed
Aribis
2000 words on my fable rough draft and I am done with it! (Good riddance!) However, I am fairly pleased with it ^ ^

Nice. Finished a oneshot recently (1k-1.5k wordcount), holding off on the rewrite. I always take a few days away from a piece, try to come back with a fresh perspective.

Haven't written one word of fiction today though... Guess it's time to write.

Nice! ^ ^ I'm holding out till after monday before I even think about editing 'Stelleri and the Ghost Trees' P: In the meantime...homework...

Original Giver

8,050 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
i wrote a song.... based on my feelings.... love, unhappiness, paranoia, anger, playfulness... all tht xd

Dapper Gaian

8,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I finally got my ninth chapter in. It nearly took me two weeks to finish because of college and work. Hopefully I can spin out my tenth chapter much more quicker. sweatdrop

Magnetic Seeker

6,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Progress Update;;; (Again. Heh. sweatdrop ) I have created a thread for people to critique what I've already written in the thread. I'm still typing and posting things, but if anyone wants to take a look at the thread here's the link: My Writing Thread.
LoperDoper
The Mysterious Gunslinger
LoperDoper
That sounds quite interesting. The nineteenth century is such an interesting one.

Currently I'm working on something that's, at it's core, a love story. But it's not very obvious. It's quite complex xD. Thanks for asking!

I adore romance. Would you mind telling me about it?
It's an Urban Fantasy story, which begins with four characters, three of whom have no idea where they are. They realise that, despite not having met before, each one resembles a character they read about in a book. One of them doesn't take this well, and gets the others killed. A fifth character (Sadie) turns up, who speaks a lot with Death, and the final of the four and Sadie make a deal to swap her with one of the characters who he got killed.
Then it gets a bit more complex.

Sadie is friends with Death, who is actually one of the original four (Murray). The story so far was actually a collaberative effort between the two. Sadie should have died a few years back, but Murray made a deal with some angels to give her a few more years. Sadie's actually a serial killer of angels, and so she's been paired up with a fallen angel on the condition that if one is hurt, then so is the other. Nearing the end of the story, Murray makes lots of deals and takes quite a few risks. He does all of this because he loves her, so it's more a devotion story than anything else, but could never actually tell her because she obviously doesn't feel the same way.

I'll be surprised if you understand it, I've spent hours explaining it to a friend of mine and she still doesn't get it xD

Unrequited love is what I got out of that. I hope I'm right.

In any sort, that's pretty interesting. I don't know what that reminds me of, I'm trying to find a word on how to describe it, but I can't... hm.

Dapper Gaian

I'm bored alot, so I write to keep me from being bored. I have writeen 5 pages and that's about it so far. It's a story about a girl who opens her closet and enters another world. She finds a Unicorn who is willing to help her get home. SOme people say it sounds like C.S Lewis, but i'm not familiar with his works. And I've never read any of his books. So anyways, that's all I have to say. I think if people want to Write, they should just Write, and not be afraid of what they are writing.

Nuclear Werewolf

Written nothing of note this weekend, but that's okay because I was sleeping, then on duty, then spent quality time with my significant other, then had breakfast with two of my good friends who are as of yesterday engaged to each other, and then came back to base and did shopping and laundry.

Didn't hit the gym, but there's nothing stopping me from busting out some sit-ups and push-ups and then going running tonight... Weather's been nice.

In fact, I'll do a set or two now...

Spent a ridiculous amount of time re-reading part of Gunnerkrigg Court. I really need to get volume one and two, when the latter comes out finally. Could have been writing, but. I'll do that now, or at least think about it. Pick an AU fic or one of the chronicles or something to work on. Gotta keep busy.
Aribis
Nice! ^ ^ I'm holding out till after monday before I even think about editing 'Stelleri and the Ghost Trees' P: In the meantime...homework...

Ghost Trees? You, madam (sir?), have piqued my interest.

Prince Trase
I finally got my ninth chapter in. It nearly took me two weeks to finish because of college and work. Hopefully I can spin out my tenth chapter much more quicker. sweatdrop

School (particularly homework) does an excellent job of killing otherwise perfectly valuable time. I think it's a crime.

BlueBubbegum
I'm bored alot, so I write to keep me from being bored. I have writeen 5 pages and that's about it so far. It's a story about a girl who opens her closet and enters another world. She finds a Unicorn who is willing to help her get home. SOme people say it sounds like C.S Lewis, but i'm not familiar with his works. And I've never read any of his books. So anyways, that's all I have to say. I think if people want to Write, they should just Write, and not be afraid of what they are writing.

In his book The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe C.S. Lewis introduces a group of siblings, the youngest of whom (a little girl named Lucy) opens a wardrobe and finds an entrance to another world, where she immediately meets a fawn. Sounds somewhat similar, but there seem to be differences (for example, the children is Lewis' story have been evacuated IIRC and they're staying with someone in the countryside; your heroine sounds like she finds the portal in her own home). Either way, doesn't matter. Just thought I'd explain why some people might see the similarity.

Carry on.

Zealot

Marble Eyed
Aribis

Ghost Trees? You, madam (sir?), have piqued my interest.

Madam will do xD

And if you're interesting, I was going to post the rough draft up in the writing forum to hopefully get a few reviews, if you cared to read it

edit: 'Stelleri and the Ghost Trees' just in case xD

Questionable Prophet

@Josephina:
Sounds like you had a terrible day yesterday. Hope it's getting better for you.

@Dinosaur:
If it's needed for the plot just put it in. No need to hold it off. Good luck with the typing.

@Yourmyall:
That's difficult. I would have no idea how to do it in a monologue. The fact that s/he is running away shows something bad happened. Maybe toss in a few sentences about that.
I have no idea. sweatdrop
Good luck with it.

@Misuki:
800 words! Amazing.
Getting chocolate-wasted sounds so worth it.

@Aribis:
Whootness! Congratulations on finishing the story.

@Marble:
Welcome, hope you got to that writing.

NiteShadowFox

emotion_awesome Congrats on surviving The Exams!
And though you've been blocked it sounds like you've gotten a ton done. What's your guys idea for the collab? Sounds like it could be fun. 3nodding
Getting the perfect title is painful as well as staying distance from a piece when editing. Reading out loud and getting a hard copy out are good techniques.

@Alara:
Go, go, go!
I'll try to take a peek at it tomorrow. smile

@Lahrette:
No, it's not so nice when it all ends. I think your dad is nuts. End of the Year Bonfires are the cool beans.I still get the warm fuzzies thinking about my senior project being dumped in the fire.

@Trease:
>.< Busy.
Congrats on getting the 9th chapter done despite that. Good luck with the chapter ten.

BlueBubbegum

I think it's great that you write for fun. That's how it should be. 3nodding
Congrats on getting in five pages, that's amazing.
It does sound a bit like The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe , a pretty good read, but there's also a movie of it.

@Albric:
It sounds like you had a spectacular weekend. That's awesome.
Good luck with the working out and the writing.

My Progress:
Edited three chapters on hard copy, need to upload changes. Finished beta work.
I think my last wisdom tooth is forcing its way up. gonk
Finished a fairly short (4-ish pages single spaced) story that I'm actually pretty happy with.

Intellectual Mage

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
@Desi: We're thinking Tang Dynasty. They use musical instruments as weapons and the Tang Dynasty is considered to be the golden age for art and literature (Buddhism also flourished during that time). We figured that would make the sense the most. The clothing design from that time period is very beautiful and one of the most recognizable. The only thing that won't be realistically close to historical records is that the women just won't be as plumped as they're supposed to be >.>. At least, the main characters anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff