Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Streaker

Progress: A paragraph or so *yay*
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Sentences are good. ^^
That's a good amount of time, it should be here.
A year? I would have thrown a fit, that's horrible. A nice surprise through.
You live in the middle of no where.e.e
That's cool that your close-ish to both of those places.
Yeah, the bag came today smile
I would have too.
Eh, I'm an hour south of London. Near to artificial slopes, so it's all good emotion_awesome

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi: I thought about trying that, but I have the feeling she'd tug it off. She's an obsessive groomer. I've rigged up a paper-plate collar for her. (She looks like a frilled lizard. XD ) She hates it, but it keeps her from reaching her stomach.

I can't boil the theme down to a sentence yet, but it looks like the book will be about a group of quirky high schoolers, dealing with life, love and a suicide. I know it sounds dull. That's lit fic for you. XD The end result will be one of those "see the beauty in life!" cheesy messages, but I find stories like that can be interesting when the characters are weird enough. The working title is "Dead Hearts". Doesn't that sound cheery? rofl

It's weird how many of my ideas lately have involved school settings. Even when I was in high school, I tended to write about characters who weren't. I feel like somehow YA has infected me, even though I don't read the stuff... It's an airborne contagion. @___@;

What's wrong with your current book looking like the first one? Did the first crash and burn?

Questionable Prophet

@Shadowfox:
lol, congrats to him.
Juxtaposition is a fun word. It's the type of word, where you just enter the world and announce, "Juuuuuuxaposition!" It just has a nice announcer-y sound to it.
That's a good amount of time. Any reason for tacking the fifteen mintues on?
Whenever I write when I'm really tired nothing really comes out. I'll read over it and have no idea what it's talking about, "what's oppanale and why is he ating it, and why does it matter?" >.>
Context is the only thing that really matters.
Yay for the two and a half pages. That's amazing. Taking on the emotions has to be hard, especially with that disorder. I hope as time goes on it'll get easier for you..

@Misuki:
Hey, 600 words isn't bad, plus 750 words on journal? That's a great amount of progress.
Some people just were never taught how to treat the drama llama. It'll pass. Hopefully you'll find some time to write, but don't beat yourself up if you have more pressing matters.

@Pheonix:
Whoot! Congrats on the rewrite.
Organization is my favorite part of procrastination. (I know some don't use this as a form of procrastination, but I do.)

@Persona:
Quite so.
That's so exciting. blaugh

@Loper:
Sweetness! That was really quick.
Splendid job on the paragraph as well. Way to keep at it.

Hour isn't so bad. smile

@Flea:
xD That's adorable. I can't imagine the looks of pure hate I would get for putting a cone-like collar on one of the kitties.
"Dead Hearts"? Sounds like there's going to be some rainbow ponies in there that have no need for prozac. Plots and such can sound boring, but that just means so much more for the story. I love reading good books about high school.
I've never written YA, but I like reading it.

It's not like the first book is horrible, but I don't want the series to fall into a predictable pattern.
I've decided just to switch up a few things such as introduce the victim before he dies, and wait to chapter three to have a body drop.

My Progress:
I've rewritten the part of book two so that the above happens. I'm on about 900-ish words.
Started to edit two more chapters for book one. These ones need so much work that I have to practically rewrite them. Funny thing is that I thought these were some of my best chapters. xD

Shadowy Rogue

biggrin ok back to writing again! the burn out, for the moment , has gone the way of the dodo! went bubye , gone, Extinct! Wooo Hoo! * dances* I read over my work edited some of it and then went over to writing on other aspects of the story. Instead of focusing on the characters i had going. I made a few more made backgrounds for them and put short senarios to work for them!

Dapper Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
3200 or so more words finished, still trying to iron out the kinks in this scene though D:.

Anyone have tips for actiony scenes like an escape? So it seems less rapid progression and more in the moment movement?

Questionable Prophet

Caelyx-Starshine

Yay!
That's awesome. Congrats on getting back to it! heart
The short scenarios sound fun. Good luck with them. ^^

@Persona:
OuO That's awe-inspiring!
Great job, that's a lot of words.
I'm not sure how to write action scenes. I know you can use stronger verbs. So instead of "she ran" it'd be "she raced" or something like that. Then add in some shorter sentences and have a good build up.
That's what I do when I write my character's panic attacks. I don't know if it actually works.

My Progress.
Was close to finishing some beta work and then word decided to just die. emotion_donotwant
And of course I didn't save anything. I hate school computers.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead[/quote]

Three pages today. The fifteen minutes was only added because I started at quarter to and wanted to end at the hour.

Um, nothing else to add. Took my sister to her ballet class. I don't honestly know why my parents pay for that, since they ain't doing jack s**t. And honestly, I could teach her. For free. And she'd probably learn more. Just s
bn88451i:0="Desi the fuzzy fluffhead[/quote]

Three pages today. The fifteen minutes was only added because I started at quarter to and wanted to end at the hour.

Um, nothing else to add. Took my sister to her ballet class. I don't honestly know why my parents pay for that, since they ain't doing jack s**t. And honestly, I could teach her. For free. And she'd probably learn more. Just sayin'

Questionable Streaker

Progress: A book review and the beginning of a blog post.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Sweetness! That was really quick.
Splendid job on the paragraph as well. Way to keep at it.
Hour isn't so bad. smile
Yeah, they always are with me. Once I got next-day delivery, which was rather amusing as the day after that I got a "Your order has been shipped" email.

Oh, and I really, really like your avi. It's so pretty!

Sparkly Gekko

Mock Persona
Anyone have tips for actiony scenes like an escape? So it seems less rapid progression and more in the moment movement?
Whenever I write escape or chase scenes, I try to focus more on what the character is feeling than describing what they're doing.

"John jumped over a log and kept on running."

Writing something like that sounds flat compared to something like this:

"John felt the heat in his chest as he jumped, pure adrenaline. He felt a pop in his ankle as he landed on the other side of the log but kept running despite that; he had to get out of there. His heart pounded in his ears."

......... yeah. Example could have been better, but you get the idea.

Good luck with your scene! smile

@Desi: Thanks! I plan to keep working at this novel until it's done, no matter how long it takes. *determined face*
Wow, it's been a while!!! rofl I can't really recall the last time I updated here.
1). Two books complete, but I haven't been able to find an editor to look over them. I'm REALLY looking for a good one to help me out.

2). Revising From Ink to Heart. I've commissioned a lot of really good artists to do drawings for the books so when that's done it'll be back on sell. Honestly, I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm soooooo excited!

3) Working on two different books at once (because my short attention span won't allow me to do otherwise I guess). One is already at 60k.

4). My website is finished!! 4laugh I'm not making ANYMORE changes to the coloring or layout. It will be updated accordingly though.

I guess that's it as far as writing is concerned. I'll be back to update soon...I hope. sweatdrop

Dapper Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Thanks for the tips you guys emotion_c8
I'm still working on it and will likely have to revise it again later but you guy's helped a lot.

Questionable Prophet

@Shadowfox:
Yay for another 3 pages! That's awesome. That makes sense.
How old is your sister?
Maybe they just want her out of the house?

@Loper:
What's your blog going to be about?
Lucky. It usually hit and miss for me. One time I ordered a textbook late and it took as much time as possible getting here.
And thank you. ^^

@Kitsune:
OuO That's some good advice.
That is a sexy determined face. emotion_dowant

Miyoa

Hey!
Whootness! Great job with everything. Where are you looking for an editor?
I hope the drawings come out well. Exciting!
And congrats on getting to 60K on a project. I could never work on two at time.
Sweetness about the website as well. You've been up to so much. ^^

My Progress:
Re-did the beta work.
I'm going to take a shower early and then huddle down and start on math. Cally is MIA.
No planned progress, got a test and a half tomorrow. >.<
Miyoa

Hey!
Whootness! Great job with everything. Where are you looking for an editor?
I hope the drawings come out well. Exciting!
And congrats on getting to 60K on a project. I could never work on two at time.
Sweetness about the website as well. You've been up to so much. ^^

I've been looking EVERYWHERE!! I had found a girl/young woman who was really good last year but she suddenly vanished and I haven't heard from her at all. confused Since then I haven't found anyone.
Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod guess WHAT!!!

AToTBF is finished!!! ******** finished itself in like 2 pages earlier. I was writing another scene onto the end of chapter 18, realized that the new scene should be in another chapter, and then wrote the end scene I had visualized from the first. And then I realized that it was done...I mean I still need to type up and edit the chapters to post on FFnet, but apart from that it's well and truly done. Wow. Started in June last year and finished today...that's like 8-9 months. That's the first time I've finished such a lengthy story...hell, that's the first time I got past chapter 5!

Now I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself, writing-wise. I had some projects I put on hold for AToTBF, but that was eight months ago, and I on't know if I'm still interested in them. And I don't have any new ideas for long-term projects.

The Bridge/Never Rains but it Pours(because in my head it's still The Bridge) had part 1 published on Wednesday. I'm going to publish once a week on Wednesdays, provided that I don't forget.

And @Desi, perhaps...she's ten. Still, I could teach her better. That teacher ain't teaching them jack s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff