Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Reborn Fox

Cool beans. What's the premise?

Powerful wizard trapped on a prison planet in a pocket dimension in a world where even the greatest are bound by the laws of thermodynamics.
Not had internet for the past....four days? five days? Damn my crappy internet.

Progress: Got a bit more work done on Chapter 17 of AToTBF, maybe a page or two tops. And then I got this fantastic idea: what if someone jumping off this bridge landed on this car with this lady and her kids in it? What would they do? And then I got the idea that there was like a bunch of related suicides, and all of them seemed to be connected, even though none of them ever met. It's a one-shot, at eight pages now, and should be done soon. Don't know how much of its left, I'm pretty much writing it scene by scene. Not planning it out either. Incidentally, that bridge is the same one from The Bridge, but apart from that and the whole suicide thing, the stories don't really have anything to do with each other. Also, unlike The Bridge, it ain't fanfic. It's an original story.

One thing I wanna do is write something that will offend everyone. Sort of cracky though. Not sure why, since I don't think I've ever written crack, and I don't know why I want to write something to offend everyone either. Wonder how I'd go about it. It'd be fun though, and then I'll post it online, and I get to read the flames! Strangely, flames just make me laugh. I save all of them and look at them and laugh. And laugh. The ones with awful grammar and spelling make me laugh even harder.

I need to figure out a time when I can write. Like, one that's consistent every day. Only problem is my sister. I share a room with her and she just can't STFU and leave me alone to write in peace. AGGGGHHHHH!

Familiar Fatcat

Been a few months since I wrote anything worthwhile. But, apparently after being apart from it for so long, I'm starting to get back to first person writing. 8 )

That and I acheived a few pages (like, four, roughly) of a story. So, I'm happy with this. emotion_c8

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Finally got over my procrastination issues and started a new story. Got about 1600 words out and then fell into the 'editing before I'm finished' trap. Bumped up the count 1800 and wrote a ultimately useless 1700 word alternate character pov for said story, but at least I was writing something. All in all, not bad for not writing anything but development notes in over six months.

Nuclear Werewolf

@Aha - Nice! As long as you're writing, and several thou ain't a bad way to get back into it. 3nodding

Which I haven't been. neutral Sitting on a measly sixty-five words for the evening, but I'm not especially motivated, and I know I need to go to sleep soon. It's on an older story-seed, though, which is nice 'cause I'd just been working on Strange Fish for the past... *checks spreadsheet* month and a half or so. Gotta wrap that one up at some point, but that one-shot got a little out of control...

Started classes today, though. I forsee lots of homework and cramped hours, especially with PT every day of the week, occasionally doing watch/class closeout, and staying up all night no longer being an option. Been almost a week since I've written, which is terrible, but I think I may be able to pound out a few hundred a night if I tried.

Do need to sleep, though. crying
Just got a new microwave. Happy bout that.

Couple more scenes (but one of them was only half a page lol) on the oneshot. Also good.

But, now I've discovered some of my school stuff interfers with my soccer. I'm really pissed off. And then the rentals launch int their spiel about how I ain't gonna be a proffessional soccer player, and what's gonna take priority and s**t. I ain't gonna be a professional English person either. English classes don't teach me s**t anyway.

Questionable Prophet

Aha

OuO That's a whole lot.
No such things as useless words. Everything is a learning experience,
Sweetsauce on breaking through the procrastination.

@Dream:
400 is a boat-load. I wish with the read/view thing you could click and see who had stopped by. It'd be such a helpful feature.
Those are great suggestions, all of them, actually. Her being like his wife is my favorite one. It could drive home the idea.What that idea is, exactly I'm not sure. Something I should get to know, it's just not safe to drive home something you don't know.
Thank you.
How has your story been coming along?

@Loper:
Fudgenut. Least it's 1,000 words.
I suppose you can not like peanut-butter and be okay.
The fried mars bars, seem simple enough to make. They do not look yummy to me through.

@Reborn Fox:
The thermodynamics sounds like an interesting limit. There's so many places to go with that. Mind boggling.

@Shadowfox:

Yay microwave! The most essential kitchen appliance
Sweetness on that page, and that bridge looks foreboding, almost. Perfect setting for that kind of plot. Can't wait to hear about the ending.
It's good that you can take flames so well, have fun with them.
Offending everybody sounds like a really difficult task, the same as pleasing everybody. People can nod wisely at many things, for instance that starved-dog "art" a few years ago.

Sorry about the spiel. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Though it can be difficult, balancing school and a sport isn't impossible.

@Heist:
Whoop! That's awesome. Congrats on getting back to it, sometimes a good break is all that's needed. Four pages is a great start.
What's the story about?

@Alberic:
Hope you got some sleep. It's a new week, plenty of time to hop back on with the writing.
You'll adjust to you new schedule and finish Strange Fish in no time.

My Progress:
Did research, wrote about 500-ish words.
I need to start editing again.
Progress (in the last couple of days)

*1,300+ words on a novel plan (romance of all things) that has been stalking me for quite some time.
*Research on poisons for WIP.
*700 word blog post on fear and inspiration.
*Many letters written for A Month of Letters.
*Lots of homemade food eaten - and no chocolate in 3 days! That wasn't intentional, but I decided if I couldn't get hold of dairy free dark chocolate that I'd just deal with homemade biscuits. biggrin I actually feel really great - have I dropped 3 stone in 3 days? I doubt it. lol.

[more to come after I've chipped away at my targets]

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Progress: Last night, I barely got a little above my daily word goal on my favorite writing website. 755 words on A King's Ransom, and I'm not even writing in order anymore. It was a struggle. I've been progressing fine before yesterday (I've just been forgetting about this thread) but this cold I've got is really affecting my mind. I couldn't think with all the sniffles, coughing, and sneezing.

That and I feel tired all the time now. I hope I get over this soon. My ideas are starting to feel stale too, but that might be the influence of my cold/the medicine.

That and I now have another plot bunny nagging at me from a completely different fandom.

I want to write about Zuko and Iroh. I love them both too much not to. But if I work on new ideas, my WIP's will fall by the wayside like they did last year. -facepalm-

New ideas are my number one distractions.

Intellectual Mage

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Ceru:
3nodding Rewrites can be all twisty turning. And working things in can be a lot harder than taking things out. And then when they're easy you wonder if that's good enough.
Actually, I find the opposite to be true. It's easier for me to work things in than to take it out... because I find that it upsets the original flow, which means I have to rewrite it to make it flow again. I guess it may seem counter-productive but in my case, since the middle parts are still a bit vague for me, this is the most flexible writing process to me. Again, it's basically, "What information is important for the reader to know? Good, write it all in. Can this be mentioned later? Probably. Good, see if you can work it in and then take some parts of it out later to lessen the info dump." But I understand what you mean.

My progress from last night: edited the flow of chapter 2... then I remember I wrote a better version of it somewhere and searched for it. Today, I'll probably just copy and paste that back in... and wing it from there sweatdrop .

Questionable Streaker

Progress: 200 words on Storytime. I think I've got over a rut so it should be plain sailing from now
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Fudgenut. Least it's 1,000 words.
I suppose you can not like peanut-butter and be okay.
The fried mars bars, seem simple enough to make. They do not look yummy to me through.
You say that like a small child who's just been scolded for not sharing a toy xD
They should be easy to make, but I overheard a couple of boys in my chem class talk about the fact that one of them broke a small deep-fat fryer when attempting to make them *facepalm*. Apparently, they're quite nice, but I wouldn't try one. It's just... wrong.

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Aha

OuO That's a whole lot.
No such things as useless words. Everything is a learning experience,
Sweetsauce on breaking through the procrastination.

I binge write. xd
The perspective piece did help a little with my own understanding of the character and an important event, so I guess it wasn't completely useless. But I still could have just made notes on it and then focused on writing the story proper.

Questionable Prophet

@Elemental:
Whoot romance! Is the poison related to it?
That's a great and touching blog post. You had some stunning imagery in there.
The letter a month sounds interesting. I remember writing a letter to my best friend when I was little. I think I spent more time on the envelope than the actual letter. Did you hear about the thank-you note guy? He wrote a thank-you note everyday for a year.
No chocolate? emotion_0A0
Vegan chocolate is nastiness. Sweetness about the homemade biscuits. smile

@Misuki:
Good job staying steady with it through. Rest up and you'll be through your cold in no time. I think it'd be a good idea to take a break.
Don't get distracted. gonk

@Ceru:
Really? Cutting is my least unliked part of editing. I hate having to slide information in after it's written. Sweetness on finding the better version of chapter two. That's awesome. Are you moving on to Chapter three now?

@Loper:
Yay! Way to go on getting over the rut. 200 words is a nice amount.
*sulks* xp
How do you break a deep fryer? Aren't they just cauldrons of heated oil?
I couldn't even imagine what that'd taste like. I tired to make fried ice-cream once.

@Aha:
lol, sweet. ^^
Well you can always work on the story today.

My Progress:
Feliz día del amor y la amistad, Happy Day of Love and Friendship. heart
Sending you guys psychic chocolate.
Spanish test tomorrow, so no writing tonight.

Zealot

Progress:
-My writing has taken a darker turn of late due to family events...well...not exactly dark, but more of how to combat the grieving process...
As of last time I posted I have:
-gotten stuck as to how to better write the ending of my short story 'stelleri'
-wrote a 4 page freeverse
-diary like thought vignette-whatevers
c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items