Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your biggest concern regarding Gaia Online?

Cash Shop Centralization 0.26732673267327 26.7% [ 162 ]
Lack of Site Updates and Bugs/Glitches 0.13696369636964 13.7% [ 83 ]
Desensitization to Items 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Quality Control 0.031353135313531 3.1% [ 19 ]
Reused / Recycled Events 0.014851485148515 1.5% [ 9 ]
Lack of Staff Communication 0.02970297029703 3.0% [ 18 ]
Gold Generators and Inflation. 0.43729372937294 43.7% [ 265 ]
Other (Please post) 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 606 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 55 56 57 > >>

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Zandykins

And what the heck is this new rain generator?:

Quote:

But if you're lucky you might earn yourself a hurricane of up to one billion gold!

Whoever writes these has a special talent...

A hurricane? Well a destructive storm does seem like an appropriate metaphor....

Unholy Knight

10,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Gaia shall be new orleans after this hurricane hits.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
a pretentious username
TRILLON. Gaia, you've outdone yourself. I didn't think trillion would actually happen until mid-April.

BRAVO.

Can we get a round of sarcastic applause?

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Wow, I don't even know how many zeros a trillion has! gonk gonk gonk

This is scary...

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
********, I did not know we were at a trillion. Gaia is nothing but one giant cash shop now, and it is ******** pathetic. I just....ughh... scream

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
No announcement yet (there is a banner, however) as of this post, but they just introduced a new gold generator called Dragon's Hoard into the CS on top of selling Make It Rain. emotion_facepalm So right now, we have TWO pure gold generators in the CS (I know Make It Rain is supposed to be pulled from the CS at 11:59PM EST today, but it's nowhere close to that time yet).

(I'm pretty sure Dragon's Hoard is a pure gold generator because the description for it says "Engelbert the Dragon loves to sit on his piles of gold. Perhaps if you're quiet and sneaky enough you can steal some for yourself without waking him up." )

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Teabo Milk Tea
No announcement yet (there is a banner, however) as of this post, but they just introduced a new gold generator called Dragon's Hoard into the CS on top of selling Make It Rain. emotion_facepalm So right now, we have TWO pure gold generators in the CS (I know Make It Rain is supposed to be pulled from the CS at 11:59PM EST today, but it's nowhere close to that time yet).

(I'm pretty sure Dragon's Hoard is a pure gold generator because the description for it says "Engelbert the Dragon loves to sit on his piles of gold. Perhaps if you're quiet and sneaky enough you can steal some for yourself without waking him up." )

emotion_facepalm

I'm losing my desire to get anything new on this site. Anything new. Because it's getting more and more hopeless trying to get the new items in the Marketplace, no matter how inexpensive Cash-wise, because of inflation. Even the cheap items can go for several tens of millions. Items in the Cash Shop for less than $1 are being sold at crazy prices. I can't keep up with the rate of inflation.

Soon enough, I'll feel like it's not even worth the effort to even try to get new items.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Bleeding Apocalypse
Teabo Milk Tea

emotion_facepalm

I'm losing my desire to get anything new on this site. Anything new. Because it's getting more and more hopeless trying to get the new items in the Marketplace, no matter how inexpensive Cash-wise, because of inflation. Even the cheap items can go for several tens of millions. Items in the Cash Shop for less than $1 are being sold at crazy prices. I can't keep up with the rate of inflation.

Soon enough, I'll feel like it's not even worth the effort to even try to get new items.

Precisely.

I know they hinted at some kind of goldsink with that company update announcement with the whole tax day and "taxes being owed" part, but at this rate, I don't think ANY temporary goldsink they put out is going to fix this, not as long as gold generators continue to be generated. Even if they were to do a second S.O.S, that would only count as a temporary fix.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Teabo Milk Tea

Precisely.

I know they hinted at some kind of goldsink with that company update announcement with the whole tax day and "taxes being owed" part, but at this rate, I don't think ANY temporary goldsink they put out is going to fix this, not as long as gold generators continue to be generated. Even if they were to do a second S.O.S, that would only count as a temporary fix.

At this point, I think anything short of knocking out five digits from each and every account is just going to end up in failure since we're seeing gold generator upon gold generator being released with little to no breathing room in between.

Divine Bibliophile

10,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
It's really sad when people's gold is in the six or seven digits and still can't afford an avi, or sometimes even a single item, that they want. A bit more than half a year ago, it was considered ridiculous for something that wasn't alchemized to cost more than 10m, but now you're basically lucky if you can find something decent for that price. As long as people continue paying Gaia for those though, Gaia will keep selling them 'til their hearts are content.

Dapper Gaian

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
To put things into perspective, we are sinking 20 BILLION GOLD A DAY from the 2% marketplace tax.

Even a year's worth of DAILY NEW ITEMS IN D*C won't do anything to the economy.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
a pretentious username
To put things into perspective, we are sinking 20 BILLION GOLD A DAY from the 2% marketplace tax.

Even a year's worth of DAILY NEW ITEMS IN D*C won't do anything to the economy.

That's a good point, and just a testament to how much gold there is total in the system :/.

Wheezing Member

Nova0437
a pretentious username
TRILLON. Gaia, you've outdone yourself. I didn't think trillion would actually happen until mid-April.

BRAVO.

Can we get a round of sarcastic applause?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rotchu's Fangirl

Mythical Canine

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond

A+ thread ~ !
Good job recording all that data.

ironically enough this was the "enter following" as I type this:
User Image

Magnetic Cat

I bought a Gift Of The Goddess for like 32k on the MP in 2012, but now it's for 1m...
User Image
I don't really know how to feel anymore...

What's the point on putting Gold Sinks when they're still selling Gold Generators?...
They could've stopped it at the start, but now this is out of control. Even if they tried (and i doubt they'll try) to stop inflation, it's impossible to go back to the point before the first Flynn's Booty was sold...
If they were crazy for money, they could've put some effort on it, and getting it fairly, but not ruining non paying users' (i don't really know how to explain it) stay on the site.
That, plus staff actually not answering to our questions (i don't blame them, maybe people at higher places on Gaia tell them to not do it) and lies, a lot of lies. I remember reading somewhere that Flynn's Booty was an one-time deal (or something like that, but it was supossed to be on the shop for only one time), and we got around 7 of them, plus a lot of other Gold Generators...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff