Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your biggest concern regarding Gaia Online?

Cash Shop Centralization 0.26732673267327 26.7% [ 162 ]
Lack of Site Updates and Bugs/Glitches 0.13696369636964 13.7% [ 83 ]
Desensitization to Items 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Quality Control 0.031353135313531 3.1% [ 19 ]
Reused / Recycled Events 0.014851485148515 1.5% [ 9 ]
Lack of Staff Communication 0.02970297029703 3.0% [ 18 ]
Gold Generators and Inflation. 0.43729372937294 43.7% [ 265 ]
Other (Please post) 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 606 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 55 56 57 > >>

Sugary Fairy

13,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Survivor 150
I really miss when Gaia was about community, not capital

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Zandykins
True Manticore
Zandykins

User Image

I only just found this thread.
May I just say, I am in love with you? <3

Thank you for the very kind response 3nodding . Now if only some sort of staff member at Gaia HQ would acknowledge this thread... Very unlikely since all of my remarks have been internally flagged to be ignored xp .

User Image

I imagine they read this forum from time to time to assess how unhappy the userbase really is, but only because an unhappier userbase is less likely to spend money and their accounting department probably needs to make projections on what to expect in terms of revenue.

But I don't think they'll ever own or take responsibility for what they did to the site or actually discuss anything about it with the users. They ended ATA after all. I think they've proved time and time again that they have no shame and they probably know the site is going to sink soon anyway so why bother talking to us wallets users... User Image

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
True Manticore
Zandykins
True Manticore
Zandykins

User Image

I only just found this thread.
May I just say, I am in love with you? <3

Thank you for the very kind response 3nodding . Now if only some sort of staff member at Gaia HQ would acknowledge this thread... Very unlikely since all of my remarks have been internally flagged to be ignored xp .

User Image

I imagine they read this forum from time to time to assess how unhappy the userbase really is, but only because an unhappier userbase is less likely to spend money and their accounting department probably needs to make projections on what to expect in terms of revenue.

But I don't think they'll ever own or take responsibility for what they did to the site or actually discuss anything about it with the users. They ended ATA after all. I think they've proved time and time again that they have no shame and they probably know the site is going to sink soon anyway so why bother talking to us wallets users... User Image

My fear is that the people managing Gaia Online will make the experience of the site a fad before moving on. You see it all the time with online game sites. They're popular for a little bit, earn a ton of money, and when people lose enough interest, the company cuts the plug and moves on to a new 'fad'. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Quite a few years ago, I quit a site I had been active on for 3 years just from the fact that their site expiration was very near. I joined Gaia soon after because I felt some stability and security in joining. Gaia has potential, and those who are running it are being greedy and trying to profit off all this potential way too quickly leaving the site incredibly fragile.

So if/when the site does sink, Gaia will have sucked up as much money as they could while spending as little as possible. They cut off the ATA, major site updates not involving cash, public relations, etc... so Gaia these days is being thrifty, profiting, and damaging all at the same time.

Eternal Pyromaniac

21,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Next week? Ha! More like, one day. :/

User Image

Zandykins

Next week we'll probably be up to 3T, if not sooner :/.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Flavee

User Image

Zandykins

Dammit! I always put too much faith into Gaia :/.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
three... trillion... *curls up on the ground and sucks thumb* domokun stargate

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

3,000,000,000,000 Gold in one day? At the rate inflation is going Gaia will be forced to up the gold grants again just to keep up with their own inflated Marketplace. At this rate it's only a matter of months before 3 trillion is the new 100k.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Ugh. I hope Easter has a Treehouse update. At least they can't ruin non-Cash shops. (And do not take that as a challenge, Gaia.)

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Nova0437
Ugh. I hope Easter has a Treehouse update. At least they can't ruin non-Cash shops. (And do not take that as a challenge, Gaia.)

Well Skin Tyte did get bombarded with a ton of GC-only purchasable animal skins... oh and a grand selection of the 3 most mediocre basic colours Gaia could offer for free (gray, yellow, brown) *cough* xd . That stuff really should have been put elsewhere.

Lover

I'd hate to see this site run into the ground. I grew up with Gaia and there's no other site like this - trust me, I've looked. Other sites have graphics that are just childish or poorly done. And none of these other websites have the amount of players that Gaia does, but oh wait, that's decreasing...

I wish there was something they could do to revert... but I think at this point that is impossible. I'm sure they know what they are doing and are just trying to see how much profit they can make before this baby goes to hell.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Just went from 2 trillion to 3 trillion... overnight.

Invisible Regular

Flavee

User Image

Zandykins

I think we're all desperate for a positive note here so, "That's 60B taken out of circulation!"

Seriously, in what kind of economy can that much just disappear without any sort of effect?

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I have lost my ability to feel angry at Gaia's marketing decisions anymore. I have reached the point of indifference.

See, when I actually cared about this site, I enjoyed it. I spent money here. I chose to use the money I got from working at my job in order to purchase items that would enhance my enjoyment of this site. However, lately, that enjoyment has bled away to the point of damn near zero. I'm coming here more out of habit than actual enjoyment of the site.

And that's ******** up. Because up until not even a year ago, I loved this place. Now I just... have a very hard time caring. Because I don't see Gaia caring. They won't even acknowledge that the hyperinflation is this bad. They've made no acknowledgement of the toxic mood of the site due to this hyperinflation. Why should I put my time, and my money into a site that I no longer find enjoyable?

I don't. And that's why, sadly, I have stopped spending here. I just don't give a ******** anymore. And that's the sad part about it. I went from loving the hell out of this site for ten years to not giving a s**t within the span of less than a year.

I still have hope that the gold generators will stop. Hope. But no optimism. I hope it'll get better. But I don't have any confidence that it will.

Dapper Noob

Owlie
Just went from 2 trillion to 3 trillion... overnight.

Good job Gaia. I can honestly say I've never, ever seen a site economy THIS ******** up. Please sack your CEO and marketing team and hire someone that's not going to run this site like an IPhone app store or Pay to Win MMO.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff