Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your biggest concern regarding Gaia Online?

Cash Shop Centralization 0.26732673267327 26.7% [ 162 ]
Lack of Site Updates and Bugs/Glitches 0.13696369636964 13.7% [ 83 ]
Desensitization to Items 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Quality Control 0.031353135313531 3.1% [ 19 ]
Reused / Recycled Events 0.014851485148515 1.5% [ 9 ]
Lack of Staff Communication 0.02970297029703 3.0% [ 18 ]
Gold Generators and Inflation. 0.43729372937294 43.7% [ 265 ]
Other (Please post) 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 606 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 >

OG Member

it feels like Gaia is doing ******** all to try to fix the situation and that's what frustrates me the most. all i see is Gaia pushing users to buy more and more CG and people falling for it because you can't do s**t without it here thanks to the damn inflation, and raking in the money as fast as possible before closing its doors so that the owners can move on to kill some other site. and i think the saddest part is that i'd be mad if i wasn't so tired of it all.
terracotta aphroditus
it feels like Gaia is doing ******** all to try to fix the situation and that's what frustrates me the most. all i see is Gaia pushing users to buy more and more CG and people falling for it because you can't do s**t without it here thanks to the damn inflation, and raking in the money as fast as possible before closing its doors so that the owners can move on to kill some other site. and i think the saddest part is that i'd be mad if i wasn't so tired of it all.

Remember when Gaia gave out free stuff on holidays or randomly to keep users coming back every day or to explore the forums?

Pepperidge Farm barely remembers

Magic Genius

It would help if they would just tell the community what they plan on doing with all the cash they're, essentially, demanding out of us.
I just love how they fired their best artist and now they're trying to get artists for cheaper. I mean, honestly. Some integrity would be nice.

Spooky Researcher

20,775 Points
  • Bunstroyer 100
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • There are two sides... 50
Its hard to let go, but when you see your announcements are all cash and discounts are going crazy, thats what happens before an mmorpg closes.

First the complainers will go, then the newbies who started a few months, then the regulars once they feel no new blood comes in. People gradually trickle out for many reasons such as age and work too. The only people in the end will be die hard fans, who unfortunately cannot sate the beast which is profit.

So many things happened while I read these threads from like 2014, Gaia isn't dead yet still, the company(Or the users) still try to fight for it to live. One can't gain the people back who already quit though, its a matter of if things change or the community gives up on it and trickle out the door.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
KuraiSakura
Its hard to let go, but when you see your announcements are all cash and discounts are going crazy, thats what happens before an mmorpg closes.

First the complainers will go, then the newbies who started a few months, then the regulars once they feel no new blood comes in. People gradually trickle out for many reasons such as age and work too. The only people in the end will be die hard fans, who unfortunately cannot sate the beast which is profit.

So many things happened while I read these threads from like 2014, Gaia isn't dead yet still, the company(Or the users) still try to fight for it to live. One can't gain the people back who already quit though, its a matter of if things change or the community gives up on it and trickle out the door.

I agree whole-heartedly! For new users - Gaia is becoming less and less unique and uncompetitive with online entertainment because there are so many other websites that bombard their sales and incentives while neglecting core user interest. That's why there's such a huge surge in fad-gaming such as investing into developing iPhone/Android games (or in the previous years, Facebook games) that aren't really that interesting but try to get users addicted and spend continuously on small purchases that add up to large sums of money before before the next new fad-game is released. Take Farmville for example. I remember when people loved it and others mocked it. It didn't have much development go into it apart from purchasables and has a horrible reputation and I barely know anyone who plays it now but Zynga didn't care and is wracking more money on some low-development and high profit games.

What we need is a form of entertainment that is wholly authentic like Gaia once was. A site that focused around the plot and innovative content. A site that focused around creating a unique user experience and who made their sales from happy users who felt their purchases were worthwhile. These days, Gaia is all about selling as much as they can. Gaia wants users to be bored with what they bought a few days ago so that they convince themselves to purchase more today. It's all of what was emphasized in Gaia's infamous "dopamine-labrat" presentation. Gaia needs money but Gaia is being lazy and trying to earn their money from pressure and cheap marketing as opposed to trust and worthwhile consumerism. Every time Gaia cuts a corner they're also cutting the lifespan of Gaia and I'm afraid that Gaia's upper management doesn't care enough and the spending users don't foresee the problems that could very well arise by awarding Gaia with their money despite Gaia heading in a direction like all other fad-games eventually end up... dead.

Anyways, I apologize for the longwinded post xD.

Shadowy Bookworm

Zandy
Every time Gaia cuts a corner they're also cutting the lifespan of Gaia and I'm afraid that Gaia's upper management doesn't care enough and the spending users don't foresee the problems that could very well arise by awarding Gaia with their money despite Gaia heading in a direction like all other fad-games eventually end up... dead.

Funny thing that, since Japanese companies seem to be leaning towards fad-games as well. (Although, in their case, with the high-stress lifestyle that Japanese businessmen/women and scholars have, it makes sense. That said, I could be completely wrong. I live in the West.) Last I heard, the company responsible for the Metal Gear and Silent Hill franchises, Konami, basically fired their last hope of offering anything substantial towards the usual gaming crowd. It might have had something to do with their new direction, but I dunno the details.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what Gaia is doing at any given moment. I mentioned it in your other thread, but I just click Gaia via the Chrome favorites bar out of habit. (And for lack of changing said bar.) Then it just sits there in my tabs, taking up space. It is kind of funny glancing through this forum and seeing a million different items that I never knew existed.

I just hope they make a change and bounce back somehow. I'm not really into buying digital goods outside of Steam. (Readers outside of the U.S. and UK may be losing their digital books from B&N's Nook, if I recall.) So, if all there is to do is buy, I suppose I'll just remain a lurker. emotion_zzz

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
A Thief Appears
Zandy
Every time Gaia cuts a corner they're also cutting the lifespan of Gaia and I'm afraid that Gaia's upper management doesn't care enough and the spending users don't foresee the problems that could very well arise by awarding Gaia with their money despite Gaia heading in a direction like all other fad-games eventually end up... dead.

Funny thing that, since Japanese companies seem to be leaning towards fad-games as well. (Although, in their case, with the high-stress lifestyle that Japanese businessmen/women and scholars have, it makes sense. That said, I could be completely wrong. I live in the West.) Last I heard, the company responsible for the Metal Gear and Silent Hill franchises, Konami, basically fired their last hope of offering anything substantial towards the usual gaming crowd. It might have had something to do with their new direction, but I dunno the details.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what Gaia is doing at any given moment. I mentioned it in your other thread, but I just click Gaia via the Chrome favorites bar out of habit. (And for lack of changing said bar.) Then it just sits there in my tabs, taking up space. It is kind of funny glancing through this forum and seeing a million different items that I never knew existed.

I just hope they make a change and bounce back somehow. I'm not really into buying digital goods outside of Steam. (Readers outside of the U.S. and UK may be losing their digital books from B&N's Nook, if I recall.) So, if all there is to do is buy, I suppose I'll just remain a lurker. emotion_zzz

You have perfectly valid sentiments with Gaia ^^. Like I said before - I feel the same way at times... feeling almost null to the site when I know that Gaia could have the same potential for being exciting to the masses as they did years ago. My fear is that more and more users will start feeling null to Gaia like we do sad .

(Thank you again for posting by the way ^^)

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
Last I heard, the company responsible for the Metal Gear and Silent Hill franchises, Konami, basically fired their last hope of offering anything substantial towards the usual gaming crowd. It might have had something to do with their new direction, but I dunno the details.
That would be Konami stabbing Kojima in the back and attempting to Unperson the ******** out of any game or site he's mentioned in. And that's because a) their CEO is 200% batshit and b) he thinks fadgames are Konami's future, in this case "fadgame" meaning "legal gambling machines". (see point A.) 😰

That said, I've lost faith in this site years ago when all this s**t started. Our COO wants to drive this site to Davy Jones with gamification tactics and run off with all the loot and, currently, there is NO real way to stop him or his actions. Just let his catcus-dickery finish its course and pray for a better, more responsible COO. 👏

Enduring Elder

8,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Have you guys seen this yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5IyKHmSSY
The COO talking about Gaia Online and their "marketing strategy"

Original Gaian

There should be an "all of the above" option. /:

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Gilbert Nightray
Have you guys seen this yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5IyKHmSSY
The COO talking about Gaia Online and their "marketing strategy"

I've seen bits and portions of it but I don't want to sit through 30 minutes of the COO talking about how they're trashing what was a quality service - Gaia Online - for their own monetary gains xD. I wish more spending users would see this though because cash pampering Gaia with their "monetization" and "gamification" techniques will only drive Gaia closer to the grave.

celinadepp
There should be an "all of the above" option. /:

I wish I had thought of that when I originally created the poll, but adding that option would reset all of the votes that have already been cast sad .
wow.A lot of info put in here x.x I never noticed

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Legal Bump ^^.

High-functioning Raider

13,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
yeah, I was thinking that gaia should let ppl use gaia gold 2 buy more slots 4 their store on marketplace 2 help and decrease the inflation some by helping the poorer users get gold a bit easier.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff