Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your biggest concern regarding Gaia Online?

Cash Shop Centralization 0.26732673267327 26.7% [ 162 ]
Lack of Site Updates and Bugs/Glitches 0.13696369636964 13.7% [ 83 ]
Desensitization to Items 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Quality Control 0.031353135313531 3.1% [ 19 ]
Reused / Recycled Events 0.014851485148515 1.5% [ 9 ]
Lack of Staff Communication 0.02970297029703 3.0% [ 18 ]
Gold Generators and Inflation. 0.43729372937294 43.7% [ 265 ]
Other (Please post) 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 606 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55 56 57 > >>

Fortuitous Phantom

Hello. You've found a loyal follower heart Thank you for articulating your position in such an informed manner. Let's make sure Gaia is listening to us. heart

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
a pretentious username
1.9T holla

Yikes stressed , I'll update that now. I'd bet to you that we'd reach over 2b by tomorrow, but the likelihood is way too great to be fair xp .

Kyasuri
Hello. You've found a loyal follower heart Thank you for articulating your position in such an informed manner. Let's make sure Gaia is listening to us. heart

Thank you very much for your very sweet comment emotion_bigheart . Apart from the friends I have made on this site, what ties me to Gaia is the hope that radical change will happen for both the succession of Gaia and the users =)!

Fortuitous Phantom

Zandykins
a pretentious username
1.9T holla

Yikes stressed , I'll update that now. I'd bet to you that we'd reach over 2b by tomorrow, but the likelihood is way too great to be fair xp .

Kyasuri

Thank you very much for your very sweet comment emotion_bigheart . Apart from the friends I have made on this site, what ties me to Gaia is the hope that radical change will happen for both the succession of Gaia and the users =)!
I agree. I REALLY hope that something will happen, but from everything I'm seeing.......

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Were in the trillions now? TO DECADENCE AND DEBAUCHERY! HERE IS TO THE NEXT TRILLION!*
*disclaimer, I mean so with the utmost sarcasm, do not flame me.

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

Has there been ANY feedback from admin or devs or anything of the like or are they on some kind of gag order? I do feel like this is the first time ever they haven't listened or responded to this obvious majority resistance against their latest decisions.

Tipsy Faun

Gaia sucks now, and they're not going to change. It's very clear they're making a tidy profit, the inflation works to their advantage. Users, frustrated by the inflation, are more likely to simply buy things.

I'm so tired of it all. Liquidating my assets, giving my gold away, and I'm out. I used to love Gaia, now it just repulses me. After Lanzer stepped down the site grew very disenchanting.

Magic Hero

These are some terrifyingly disturbing numbers. emotion_jawdrop

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Wingbutt
These are some terrifyingly disturbing numbers. emotion_jawdrop

Sadly, not the numbers they care about.
josiv
Has there been ANY feedback from admin or devs or anything of the like or are they on some kind of gag order? I do feel like this is the first time ever they haven't listened or responded to this obvious majority resistance against their latest decisions.

It's speculation, but on the site's side this is probably the end goal.

-They get funds from the sale of these generators which have little to no work associated. Unlike items, which have to be created by artists, these gold generators are good to go with some copy and pasted code with a few changed numbers. It's pure profit, even moreso than item generators that just rerelease items.

-The increase in prices create an economy that encourages spending cash. Nowadays, it's very difficult to afford anything without cash due to the high prices right from the get go. And considering the generation of gold through polling, posting, etc has remained the same (even nerfed as is the case of booty grab and zomg), the only other things available is vending or arts/talent.

-Even vending requires start up capital and knowledge which has a steep learning curve. Arts/talents is getting chomped off as well, since the prices follow the MP and while users are willing to accept an item at 1 billion, they are far less so on art. And when you have to spend 5-6 hours on art for the equivalent of a 5$ item, many artists either leave or take exclusively bribes/auctions.

-With more items coming out, it's important to maintain the prices of their existing items to have the appearance of value. Without the spam of gold generators, prices of items would deflate as long as items enter the market and take up a portion of the overall MP value. Spamming both items and gold generators ensure that new items keep getting expensive right off the bat and their older items would remain valued.

It's a money making cycle that makes Gaia's profits. Goes to show that you don't necessarily need user's positive feedback for them to keep buying, at least in the short term.

8,575 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Profitable 100
I've been a member of Gaia for 10 years, and can tell you it has only gotten worse. I took a sabbatical for the better part of a year or so, and coming back to how it is now... I cannot believe it.

All there is now is announcements about cash shop items, and random gold sinks. It's too bad Gaia is all about money.

They are recycling the same clothing(not just recolors) on new products.

Terrible, just terrible.

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
...................... trillion.... ?

emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm emotion_facepalm

Invisible Regular

We're up to a tidy two trillion...

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Zandykins

User Image

I only just found this thread.
May I just say, I am in love with you? <3

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
josiv

Any sort of communication from the staff at Gaia HQ to us is very minimal, and is pretty much non-existent in the Site Feedback. In the last year, I've seen maybe 1-2 responses by staff in the SF, and non within the last 6 months. Someone at Gaia HQ must of ordered staff to cease this sort of communication with the users, since this lack of communication cannot be coincidental or accidental. And to think, this sort of procession is what some users spend their money to support sweatdrop .

twiterpert
We're up to a tidy two trillion...

Next week we'll probably be up to 3T, if not sooner :/.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
True Manticore
Zandykins

User Image

I only just found this thread.
May I just say, I am in love with you? <3

Thank you for the very kind response 3nodding . Now if only some sort of staff member at Gaia HQ would acknowledge this thread... Very unlikely since all of my remarks have been internally flagged to be ignored xp .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff