Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your biggest concern regarding Gaia Online?

Cash Shop Centralization 0.26732673267327 26.7% [ 162 ]
Lack of Site Updates and Bugs/Glitches 0.13696369636964 13.7% [ 83 ]
Desensitization to Items 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Quality Control 0.031353135313531 3.1% [ 19 ]
Reused / Recycled Events 0.014851485148515 1.5% [ 9 ]
Lack of Staff Communication 0.02970297029703 3.0% [ 18 ]
Gold Generators and Inflation. 0.43729372937294 43.7% [ 265 ]
Other (Please post) 0.041254125412541 4.1% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 606 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 >

Devout Mage

Zandy
Vagah
Every time I check in, its worse.
Think this ship will ever turn around?

I am doubtful. It's been two years since Gaia started being so cash-grubby and there's no indication that Gaia will start to actually fix this broken site sad . Gaia's just accelerating their internet death. Gaia Online will sooner be Gaia Offline.
Seems about right.
madam crazy
yeah, I was thinking that gaia should let ppl use gaia gold 2 buy more slots 4 their store on marketplace 2 help and decrease the inflation some by helping the poorer users get gold a bit easier.

It doesn't take much imagination to give out items for donating to other people or using the actual money they earn to fix parts of the site so people keep coming back. It wouldn't take much money, either.
I'm not sure how Gaia doesn't understand that constantly having GC on sale means that's not really a sale. Sale's are limited time.
._.

At any rate, I don't even read the announcements any more. I got so overwhelmed by and fed up with all of the GC/Cash shop announcements that I just stopped.
and lets not even get started on inflation my god

Very well written though OP! /applauds
As an actual 2003 user, I am disgusted by the amount of items that have be re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-relased and it's such a disappointment; back in early days, Gaia was simple site for everyone to come lurk and discuss topics. But now, it's a havoc that's based on purchasing GC for tons of items that are similar in previous forms. For example, Gaia Inc. decided to 'rework' on Angelic Halo around 2013 to 'commemorate' its founding of 10 years. Few months later, more Angelic Halo prototypes come out with that slang "come get 'em cause it's a limited time' and users flock over to GC for these items. For me to even purchase GC, it won't happen ever cause I have no desire to spend money on a site that's just going for quick-cash scheme without creativity. On the other hand, I've spent about $500 on LoL (League of Losers) cause Riot Inc. actually has a creativity management which design skins and rework on champion skills. Keep this GC and extensive re^9000 release items and Gaia will end up like AOL.

4,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
This is gonna be a taaaad late, but I thought I'd just put in my two cents.

When I first stated playing around on Gaia (2007) it took me FOREVER (I'm talking years) to finally build up 100,000 gold.

I stopped playing Gaia for awhile (just because I had other things to do) & just recently I decided to get back on to just d**k around or whatever. Well that was about a month ago.

I already managed to accumulate 8 billion gold since then. I was appalled at how easily it was for me to get this much gold considering when I used to play regularly I couldn't even get 5,000 in one day, no matter what I did. & now that I finally I have a lot of gold, I still can't afford any of the cool avatar items... WHY ?? Because they only want your real money for them all. Or people will sell them for 200x times the gold price (so around 500b or more) so I STILL CAN'T AFFORD ANYTHING.

I refuse to spend real money on this website, especially with blown up GC prices for everything. Gaia has gone to crap, & it's no wonder I got bored of it back around 2010 or so. But it's gotten substantially worse since then. Apparently everyone at Gaia HQ is just a bunch of greedy money grubbers.

ENJOY YOUR FANCY CARS & EXPENSIVE TVs, GAIA ADMINS.
Well done OP. Hopefully this will reach they're ears before its too late. By the time I start school in the winter, I'll completely forget about this site and may not remember no longer.

Wily Trickster

27,700 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Slayer 200
I can not be here when they do the releases in the cash shop, and I am getting more frustrated each passing day. I wanted to buy My Dearest Friend but of course it was sold out and mostly bought by vendors.

I am tired of Gaia enabling the greed by allowing one person to buy as many of an item as they want and then turn around and list a 799 gc item for 4000 gc in the marketplace. It is pathetic and annoying to those like me who buy items to use. I am unable to buy a 799 gc item for gold because of the greedy and selfish behavior which is promoted now.

I used to buy GC every month, but I no longer do it. I bought some this month and it had been several months since the last time. I can not imagine having any interest in bothering to buy it again with what is happening in the marketplace right now.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It just gets worse and worse, I'm not sure whether to facepalm at this failure of a marketing practice or use it as inspiration for a few books or comedy routines.
Truly this is beyond unethical business at this point, it's just sad.

Vampiric Knight

Agreed.
Voted "other" in the poll because my concerns/kvetches are all the above xP

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
I don't have ANY faith in this site anymore. Its been slowly eroded and destroyed by various things that happened on the site. I don't even really DO the events anymore. I only bought what... ten boosts then gave up and decided the last event wasn't worth it anymore. I didn't even visit the event forum once.

Dapper Man-Lover

The fact that there hasn't been an apology for the havoc the gold generators ended up wreaking on the economy and a new currency hasn't been introduced to replace gold and reboot the whole thing genuinely surprises me. When a mistake that massive is made, generally some sort of accountability is held, even if falsely, and it baffles me that that hasn't happened here, especially since fixing this whole thing really wouldn't be all that difficult to do. Slightly time-consuming, sure, but it's not like a brand new complex code or anything like that would need to be made.

Pxin's Fangirl

Beloved Vampire

31,900 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Hero 100
One thing I am a little saddened by is Club Verge.
Being one of the few Gaians that is used to websites charging lots of money for things, I can stomach paying GC for this and that.
The thing that gets me a little sad is the fact that Club Verge is supposed to be the exclusive shop for those who do spend a fair bit on Gaia. When I was a part of Club Verge before, the shop items paled in comparison to those in the regular Cash Shop.
I personally think, if Gaia wanted to make Club Verge better, they'd have more of the newer items placed in there as well, not just recolors. Maybe Club Verge members got first dibs at the items before they were released in the Cash Shop? Or something to that effect.
Right now Club Verge doesn't have much going for it and it's supposed to be a shop for those who are willing to spend more on Gaia. I'm not feeling its exclusivity or loyalty to its customers for being "elite" members at all. sad

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Purumi
Being one of the few Gaians that is used to websites charging lots of money for things, I can stomach paying GC for this and that.
The thing that gets me a little sad is the fact that Club Verge is supposed to be the exclusive shop for those who do spend a fair bit on Gaia. When I was a part of Club Verge before, the shop items paled in comparison to those in the regular Cash Shop.
I personally think, if Gaia wanted to make Club Verge better, they'd have more of the newer items placed in there as well, not just recolors. Maybe Club Verge members got first dibs at the items before they were released in the Cash Shop? Or something to that effect.
Right now Club Verge doesn't have much going for it and it's supposed to be a shop for those who are willing to spend more on Gaia. I'm not feeling its exclusivity or loyalty to its customers for being "elite" members at all. sad

It honestly seems like all the s**t that's tagged as over 100 dollary-doos in GC should be in Club Verge. It's only fitting.

Hell, Rococo and even Mecha Neko have better item selections. It's kind of sad how redundant The Verge is.

You'd think Gaia could both save some bucks and time by cutting that redundancy away, and yet...

Pxin's Fangirl

Beloved Vampire

31,900 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Hero 100
Penn Almasy
Purumi

It honestly seems like all the s**t that's tagged as over 100 dollary-doos in GC should be in Club Verge. It's only fitting.

Hell, Rococo and even Mecha Neko have better item selections. It's kind of sad how redundant The Verge is.

You'd think Gaia could both save some bucks and time by cutting that redundancy away, and yet...

This is exactly how I feel.
Club Verge was introduced as, or so it seemed, the newer and more exlcusive/pricy cash shop. That was fine, but it really doesn't appear to be that way at all. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff