Welcome to Gaia! ::

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Lil Enslaved Kitten
so rough day so far. it started out good but i got the bright idea to sit and listen to the radio while i played a game and waited on laundry to dry. ever sense i have been crying on and off thinking bout my lil brother. i haven't told Daddy yet cause he's at work and i don't want to bother him but ugh i hate when i get like this

Aw, I'm sorry you were having a bad day. Everything gets a little better eventually.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Today I'm putting in applications. Pizza Hut is amazing, and I really like working there but a lot of people, including myself, have got their hours cut. I'm confident I'll get another job though. My next session is this Thursday so count on me posting the next assignment. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep going to therapy until I finish all the assignments. I have a habbit of starting a lot of projects and not finishing them, so maybe this will help me kick the habbit.
Less Than Beth
Today I'm putting in applications. Pizza Hut is amazing, and I really like working there but a lot of people, including myself, have got their hours cut. I'm confident I'll get another job though. My next session is this Thursday so count on me posting the next assignment. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep going to therapy until I finish all the assignments. I have a habbit of starting a lot of projects and not finishing them, so maybe this will help me kick the habbit.
thanks beth and man odd time of year for them to start cutting hours. at sonic we always lost them in winter it made it really rough on some of us. glad you're planing on sticking with it. if nothing else i know you'll be proud of yourself when you finish the last one. 3nodding

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
so rough day so far. it started out good but i got the bright idea to sit and listen to the radio while i played a game and waited on laundry to dry. ever sense i have been crying on and off thinking bout my lil brother. i haven't told Daddy yet cause he's at work and i don't want to bother him but ugh i hate when i get like this

What was it about the radio that triggered you? I'm sorry that you've had a rough day. The positive thing is you know you have somewhere you can turn to and share this.

One of my officer friends, also retired but for a physical injury, had the genius idea to pop a balloon behind me yesterday. When I went into a crouch and hyperventilated he started crying and gathered me up and hugged me. People forget I'm messed up because I look normal. For everyone: Do you encounter people forgetting that you have PTSD? Do you ever wish you had a physical injury that marked you as injured so that people would treat you differently and be more careful around you?
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

What was it about the radio that triggered you? I'm sorry that you've had a rough day. The positive thing is you know you have somewhere you can turn to and share this.

One of my officer friends, also retired but for a physical injury, had the genius idea to pop a balloon behind me yesterday. When I went into a crouch and hyperventilated he started crying and gathered me up and hugged me. People forget I'm messed up because I look normal. For everyone: Do you encounter people forgetting that you have PTSD? Do you ever wish you had a physical injury that marked you as injured so that people would treat you differently and be more careful around you?
well it started off as happy crying then i started lisening to when i get where i'm going by brad pasiley and that done me in. i started thinking bout my lil brother. i do that a lot when i listen to country. and then i get the bright idea to listen to rank stranger by ricky skags and it got worse.

i have my scars as a reminder of the tornado but when it comes to triggers from my lil brother getting killed people forget that things will set me off. like Daddy has me watching one tree hill and he didn't think to warn me that there was about to be a really bad car wreck in it with a young man getting hurt and when i saw it i broke down. it dawn on Daddy what was wrong and he set there telling me he was so sorry that he didn't even think about the wreck in the show and how it would bother me.

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
well it started off as happy crying then i started lisening to when i get where i'm going by brad pasiley and that done me in. i started thinking bout my lil brother. i do that a lot when i listen to country. and then i get the bright idea to listen to rank stranger by ricky skags and it got worse.

i have my scars as a reminder of the tornado but when it comes to triggers from my lil brother getting killed people forget that things will set me off. like Daddy has me watching one tree hill and he didn't think to warn me that there was about to be a really bad car wreck in it with a young man getting hurt and when i saw it i broke down. it dawn on Daddy what was wrong and he set there telling me he was so sorry that he didn't even think about the wreck in the show and how it would bother me.

My wife feels so guilty when she forgets. How does your daddy fare? What do you do when it is someone that close to you that forgets? I know I try to pretend whatever it was that set me off wasn't nearly as bad as it was but that just upsets my wife more.
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

My wife feels so guilty when she forgets. How does your daddy fare? What do you do when it is someone that close to you that forgets? I know I try to pretend whatever it was that set me off wasn't nearly as bad as it was but that just upsets my wife more.
i'm always telling Daddy when things like that do happen that i'm ok not to get worried or stressed about but he still ends up babying me for hours where he feels bad.
I do not have PTSD, however my boyfriend does. I hope it's alright that I'm posting here.

He is a former marine who, for lack of better words, ended up in some pretty ******** up situations. He works, exercises, and hangs out with friends when he gets the chance.So, it's not to the point where he can't function day-to-day.

However, he struggles with insomnia and often has nightmares. He also sometimes gets caught up in reliving the same scenario, over and over and over again in his head. I've had to snap him out of it. He's told me the basic gist of what happened as well as anything that he thinks I should know and be prepared for, but he really does not like to talk about it. I try not to bring it up out of respect for that, unless I think its really important.

He's also told me that sometimes he doesn't feel "human" and thinks he doesn't feel emotions like other people do. He's told me that it seems like he's slowly remembering how to "feel" again, though it gets better day by day.
He's a very selfless and giving person, but he's got this huge guard.

He's got several buddies that he was stationed with that aren't coping with things. One of them lives in a psychiatric ward, unable to take care of himself. I know it scares my partner to see that.

I try my best to be there and comfort him, but sometimes I just don't know what to do. What if I say or do the wrong thing and make things worse? I guess that's why I'm posting here.

Also, he's told me that sometimes he has "episodes" where he gets incredibly paranoid and does things like stack beer bottles in front of the door. I've never seen this, but we've discussed it before. However, sometimes I worry that it will happen when I'm there and I'll panic.

Friendly Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
I had a panic attack episode last week. It turns out that one of the guys that was there when I was raped, got his girlfriend pregnant before this happened and some coworkers were talking about how much they deserved this baby because they lost theirs last year and it sent me over the edge. Today I almost had another episode when I saw the ultrasound pictures hanging at her desk because I had a scare and got a false positive on a pregnancy test. Last week things were really ugly in my head and I had been doing better until today, but I think I dealt with the pictures pretty well today.
Ms Spork
I do not have PST, however my boyfriend does. I hope it's alright that I'm posting here.

He is a former marine who, for lack of better words, ended up in some pretty ******** up situations. He works, exercises, and hangs out with friends when he gets the chance.So, it's not to the point where he can't function day-to-day.

However, he struggles with insomnia and often has nightmares. He also sometimes gets caught up in reliving the same scenario, over and over and over again in his head. I've had to snap him out of it. He's told me the basic gist of what happened as well as anything that he thinks I should know and be prepared for, but he really does not like to talk about it. I try not to bring it up out of respect for that, unless I think its really important.

He's also told me that sometimes he doesn't feel "human" and thinks he doesn't feel emotions like other people do. He's told me that it seems like he's slowly remembering how to "feel" again, though it gets better day by day.
He's a very selfless and giving person, but he's got this huge guard.

He's got several buddies that he was stationed with that aren't coping with things. One of them lives in a psychiatric ward, unable to take care of himself. I know it scares my partner to see that.

I try my best to be there and comfort him, but sometimes I just don't know what to do. What if I say or do the wrong thing and make things worse? I guess that's why I'm posting here.

Also, he's told me that sometimes he has "episodes" where he gets incredibly paranoid and does things like stack beer bottles in front of the door. I've never seen this, but we've discussed it before. However, sometimes I worry that it will happen when I'm there and I'll panic.
hi there nice to meet you and glad to see someone who is standing by one of our troops. the lack of emotions is common its kind of the brains way of trying to cope with things. it can be hard being with someone who has PTSD i know cause i see Daddy struggle with it a lot when it comes to dealing with me sometimes. don't let it get you stressed though ok. i know a big thing with me is your bf may be different you'll just have to ask but i can tell when people are trying to be really careful around me trying not to trigger something. i would rather them be themselves and have a slip up we can talk about and get it worked out what it was that did happen to upset me then to have them tip toe around me all the time.
Lady Sabraeli
I had a panic attack episode last week. It turns out that one of the guys that was there when I was raped, got his girlfriend pregnant before this happened and some coworkers were talking about how much they deserved this baby because they lost theirs last year and it sent me over the edge. Today I almost had another episode when I saw the ultrasound pictures hanging at her desk because I had a scare and got a false positive on a pregnancy test. Last week things were really ugly in my head and I had been doing better until today, but I think I dealt with the pictures pretty well today.
aww "big hugs" i'm glad you were able to deal with the pictures ok but i'm so sorry you had to go throw all of that in the first place.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Hey guys. Again, I hope everyone is doing well.
Sorry, if anyone was hoping for the next assignment but I've decided not to continue therapy. I'm doing okay maybe even a bit better than before the sessions, I have a lot more understanding to the way I react to things instead of just feeling upset and hopeless. The only thing I have trouble with is falling asleep, and nightmares if it gets to the point where I feel off, then I'll see about some sleep aids.

Anywho, I wanna know how everyone's been.
Anything you wanna talk about?
Less Than Beth
Sorry, if anyone was hoping for the next assignment but I've decided not to continue therapy. I'm doing okay maybe even a bit better than before the sessions, I have a lot more understanding to the way I react to things instead of just feeling upset and hopeless. The only thing I have trouble with is falling asleep, and nightmares if it gets to the point where I feel off, then I'll see about some sleep aids.

as long as its the right choice for you then go for it hun.

things have been great here we found out last week that it is a lil boy his name is Mason Alexander User Image and he's already helping mommy stay a lil calmer 3nodding

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
Less Than Beth

things have been great here we found out last week that it is a lil boy his name is Mason Alexander User Image and he's already helping mommy stay a lil calmer 3nodding

Congrazzles Beth, glad to hear you're feeling better. And that's a great name Kitten. I've been doing all right. I have been dealing with Social Security and lawyers and retirement and health insurance. I can finally breathe a bit because my union fought to get me retiree health coverage even though they didn't want to give it to me. They keep trying to screw me. My wife moved to another job and she's a lot happier with it and home more often, which is nice since I don't get out much. I was also asked to go teach at a law enforcement chaplain's academy, talking about PTSD and shootings. I'm nervous but happy. If I can help one of them more successfully assist an officer, I will be glad. There was also a shooting nearby, officer down, suspect currently barricaded, and I can't change the channel. It's like those nine hours I waited while the department tried to get into that apartment, treating my suspect like he was barricaded. There's also a current tornado warning in my area and I thought of you Kitten. I'm good though. So far the weather hasn't hit our city.
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten
Less Than Beth

Congrazzles Beth, glad to hear you're feeling better. And that's a great name Kitten. I've been doing all right. I have been dealing with Social Security and lawyers and retirement and health insurance. I can finally breathe a bit because my union fought to get me retiree health coverage even though they didn't want to give it to me. They keep trying to screw me. My wife moved to another job and she's a lot happier with it and home more often, which is nice since I don't get out much. I was also asked to go teach at a law enforcement chaplain's academy, talking about PTSD and shootings. I'm nervous but happy. If I can help one of them more successfully assist an officer, I will be glad. There was also a shooting nearby, officer down, suspect currently barricaded, and I can't change the channel. It's like those nine hours I waited while the department tried to get into that apartment, treating my suspect like he was barricaded. There's also a current tornado warning in my area and I thought of you Kitten. I'm good though. So far the weather hasn't hit our city.
thank you smile the name means a lot to me cause Daddy picked the first name and the middle name was my lil brothers middle name both of my older kids are named after him as well.
i know the feeling of watching news you probably shouldn't i'm bad to do that with the weather. which btw stay safe tonight ok.
so glad your wife is in a job where she is happier and home more now. and don't be to nervous i'm sure you'll do great and be a really big help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff