Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Clean Raider

I love cats, we had to get rid of my kitten a few years ago because she just stopped going poop in her litter box and would go everywhere else. Keith's dad took her to a Horse barn to help out with the rodents.
I had a few dreams about her this week. We were unable to get her fixed too.
One of our friends at work, they're dogs just had puppies. female basset hound with a golden retriever. The puppies are so adorable! I wish I could have one, but really, I know logically there's not way we would be able to care for a puppy and child right now.
I'm in the midst of a job change and for the time off for Ian I know that I'll be out a few pay checks. sweatdrop We know that we;ll be okay but we still wouldn't want to take that chance.

As far as water goes, I have to agree that it has to be really cold... Or I munch on ice chips. I love ice chips!

Clean Raider

PetitChat
On the subject of smoking pot, or having any other unhealthy addictions during pregnancy (I say unhealthy because I've never done anything of the sort): I think it's irresponsible to do anything to an extent where it can harm the being inside you. That should be your focus...not your own desires anymore. I won't judge someone outright on their choices, but I think that not cen trying to cut back is not a good choice. At the same time, quitting cold turkey is also a bad idea because withdrawals will happen to a baby too.
That's just my opinion though.
Off hand, pot is supposed to help out with nausea like medical mj that's prescribed for cancer patients.
One of the wives of a guy that Keith and I work with did it through her pregnancy. If she hadn't she wouldn't have been able to eat with any of her pregnancies.
I LOVE BASSET HOUNDS. That's my dream dog, hands down.

Tyler says no cat. I even said I would stop talking about babies if we got a kitten. I think I could keep that promise too... I think I just want something to take care of! He still said no. sad

Clean Raider

Anja_Of_Keller_Happiness
I feel kind of awkward for randomly jumping in but my friend told me about this forum and after a few days of debating I thought of dropping in and saying hello.

So, with that being said; Hello, I'm Anja_Of_Keller_Happiness (though, feel free to call me Anja) and I recently found out that I'm pregnant. . .with twins (and I already have a five year old son).

EDIT: whoops, sorry I meant twins. >///////<
Welcome, don't feel awkward! Everyone is pregnant at different times! Feel free to jump in.

Congrates on the new babies to come!
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
PetitChat
On the subject of smoking pot, or having any other unhealthy addictions during pregnancy (I say unhealthy because I've never done anything of the sort): I think it's irresponsible to do anything to an extent where it can harm the being inside you. That should be your focus...not your own desires anymore. I won't judge someone outright on their choices, but I think that not cen trying to cut back is not a good choice. At the same time, quitting cold turkey is also a bad idea because withdrawals will happen to a baby too.
Off hand, pot is supposed to help out with nausea like medical mj that's prescribed for cancer patients.
One of the wives of a guy that Keith and I work with did it through her pregnancy. If she hadn't she wouldn't have been able to eat with any of her pregnancies.

I don't really consider pot to be as bad as cigarettes or anything...but an addiction is still an addiction. I have never smoked it and usually can't stand the smell, so I'll leave it at that. razz

Clean Raider

Kitakiy
Yea... I don't agree with people smoking pot while preggers either... at this point, though, I'm not a fan of pot whatsoever. It's annoying how worked up over it people can get, and the smell gives me headaches and makes me nauseous.
I was able to quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant only because my morning sickness made me - I don't know how long I would have gone if the taste hadn't started making me sick. And it's taking all of my willpower to not start again... but I keep reminding myself that I'm still breastfeeding so I might as well still be pregnant (not really, but that's kinda how it feels - I AM still eating for both of us) but GOD do I want one...
If I can afford it, chances are good I'll start up again when she's done breastfeeding... XD Part of me doesn't want to do that, but the rest of me is like "OH GOD PLEASE!"
*sigh*
Good god I can't stand the smell either.
So I flipped out the other day when I decided that " Hey I have some sage that I've been growing - maybe I can do a thing of smudging and burn some to 'cleanse' my home." Waved some burning sage around two three times before I took a breathe in and oh my goodness smelled exactly like weed! I opened all the windows, febreezed the home and hopped into the shower while the fans were going. Never doing that again...

Clean Raider

S C A B A R E T
User Image
I feel kinda weird jumping into all these convos, but I'm 3 months
pregnant and thought it would be nice to have other moms to
chat with on here haha. Hope that's ok with everyone sweatdrop
User Image
Congradulations and welcome! smile
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Kitakiy
Yea... I don't agree with people smoking pot while preggers either... at this point, though, I'm not a fan of pot whatsoever. It's annoying how worked up over it people can get, and the smell gives me headaches and makes me nauseous.
I was able to quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant only because my morning sickness made me - I don't know how long I would have gone if the taste hadn't started making me sick. And it's taking all of my willpower to not start again... but I keep reminding myself that I'm still breastfeeding so I might as well still be pregnant (not really, but that's kinda how it feels - I AM still eating for both of us) but GOD do I want one...
If I can afford it, chances are good I'll start up again when she's done breastfeeding... XD Part of me doesn't want to do that, but the rest of me is like "OH GOD PLEASE!"
*sigh*
Good god I can't stand the smell either.
So I flipped out the other day when I decided that " Hey I have some sage that I've been growing - maybe I can do a thing of smudging and burn some to 'cleanse' my home." Waved some burning sage around two three times before I took a breathe in and oh my goodness smelled exactly like weed! I opened all the windows, febreezed the home and hopped into the shower while the fans were going. Never doing that again...

The idiots who live across the hall - they've got to be about 19 - are HUGE potheads. Up until about a month ago, they would have friends over and pretty much hot box their whole place. It made OURS reek. They've had several warnings though and have finally cut it out.

Clean Raider

PetitChat

Tyler says no cat. I even said I would stop talking about babies if we got a kitten. I think I could keep that promise too... I think I just want something to take care of! He still said no. sad
do you fb? I don't have direct access to share pictures that they have up of the pictures but I want to share them. lol. They're trying to find homes for them.. I think out of the 8 they have 5 left.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/394901803880155/

Or see if the link works?

Clean Raider

PetitChat

The idiots who live across the hall - they've got to be about 19 - are HUGE potheads. Up until about a month ago, they would have friends over and pretty much hot box their whole place. It made OURS reek. They've had several warnings though and have finally cut it out.
That's good that they've stopped. I have family memebers and friends who used to do it and I just couldn't stand the smell of it... It's.. Really I have no idea how I would describe it besides choking.
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
PetitChat

do you fb? I don't have direct access to share pictures that they have up of the pictures but I want to share them. lol. They're trying to find homes for them.. I think out of the 8 they have 5 left.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/394901803880155/

Or see if the link works?

Doesn't work...but I bet they're adorable. sad Wahhh
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
PetitChat

That's good that they've stopped. I have family memebers and friends who used to do it and I just couldn't stand the smell of it... It's.. Really I have no idea how I would describe it besides choking.

If I catch a whiff of it while I'm outside it's not a big deal. But in a small space, when it's all you can smell... gross. I tweeted once about our old elevator smelling like someone had hot boxed it, and my sister, who is aaaaall about pot, got all offended and was like "I don't know why you're so against people who smoke pot." Uh... it's not that I'm against people who choose to do that... just have some god damn respect. It would be the same if someone filled a small space with the smell of BO, or even really overpowering flowers or anything like that. Ugh.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
FarmFreshEggs
Digital Fiend

*Huggles* It can be hard. In my case, I don't want to shine a bad light on my loved ones, but they can be so annoying, just like I know I can be.

I've got one friend I can complain about with, because I always let her vent about her husband and I don't think badly of him.

Yeah, in our case, stress gets the better of us. I know he's dealing with a lot with the whole "first-time-dad" thing, and it's an adjustment. I'm more family-oriented- My family takes priority over everything (Often even myself) and so we don't always see eye-to-eye on situations and it causes some issues.

I have some good friends I can talk to, it's just tricky when we both have kids and having to juggle that with getting time out together. razz But it's something I need to make a point to do pretty soon, I think.

On another note, the energy I had for the last 2 weeks (making me feel normal for the first time all pregnancy) has vanished, and I'm back to feeling exhausted all the time.

My son's dad did the same thing- got my son some cats, didn't bother getting them fixed and left that to me. Luckily, they're both boys, so we didn't run into issues before getting it done. But it was initially kind of a pain in the butt considering I hadn't asked for the cats (or their expenses, which at the time things were more stretched.)

James is very family oriented. He made me so happy yesterday I teared up. Hehe, if you ever need someone to vent to, my pm box is always open. And I won't comment unless you wish me too.

The only time I got a female cat, I made it my priority to get her fixed. I'm glad we did too. She's know my mil's cat. Originally James found her in a ditch. She's a cute calico.

I got my cat pre-neutered and he's declawed in the front. He thinks he's a dog. He likes to fetch his toys so he can rope you into playing with him.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
PetitChat

That's why my mil smoked it with her youngest. She's a tiny woman and she was losing weight really fast.
I don't even know what pot smells like >.> I am, however, tired of smelling the cigarette smoke around here. If I wanted to smoke, I would. There's two babies (okay, so Amelia isn't a baby anymore) in the house. Ditch the cigs already.

Cats: I want kitties! Of course, Paul wants dogs. Right now, we're stuck with Nemo, Amelia's betta fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff