Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Bjirf
Anyone who has lost?
I'm not really sure what I'm seeking (advice, getting stuff off my chest, or just small talk with someone who can relate... I just stumbled upon the thread..), but we lost our boy 22 weeks in. Some cysts in his lungs have gotten worse really fast, and we were forced to abort. He was born less than 3 months ago, and he should have been born late october.

I'm doing pretty good in my grief process, but sometimes it just comes up, and it hurts like hell. I just miss him so much...

Anyway, although we hadn't heard from the hospital yet regarding the autopsy (they estimated that this was most likely not genetic) we have already started trying again. Starting all over again is one thing, but the fear of being constantly worried eats me up.

Oh dear god, I am so sorry. I've never lost a child, nor have I had a miscarriage or anything of that sort but I can only image how excruciating that would be.

The one thing I will say, if anything (just trying to help), is please do not give up hope! I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. It will just hurt you and the potential (new) tiny baby! It wasn't this first baby's time and you know what? He's in a better place now, and if you do get pregnant again, I have no doubt he'll be on the other side helping you and your family along the way. You definitely need to allow the grief to come and go when it needs to, so it may be that you want to give yourself and your partner some time. Obviously, you'll do what feels right regardless, so I wish you luck!

Aged Strawberry

` B e l o v e d
Bjirf
Anyone who has lost?
I'm not really sure what I'm seeking (advice, getting stuff off my chest, or just small talk with someone who can relate... I just stumbled upon the thread..), but we lost our boy 22 weeks in. Some cysts in his lungs have gotten worse really fast, and we were forced to abort. He was born less than 3 months ago, and he should have been born late october.

I'm doing pretty good in my grief process, but sometimes it just comes up, and it hurts like hell. I just miss him so much...

Anyway, although we hadn't heard from the hospital yet regarding the autopsy (they estimated that this was most likely not genetic) we have already started trying again. Starting all over again is one thing, but the fear of being constantly worried eats me up.

Oh dear god, I am so sorry. I've never lost a child, nor have I had a miscarriage or anything of that sort but I can only image how excruciating that would be.

The one thing I will say, if anything (just trying to help), is please do not give up hope! I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much. It will just hurt you and the potential (new) tiny baby! It wasn't this first baby's time and you know what? He's in a better place now, and if you do get pregnant again, I have no doubt he'll be on the other side helping you and your family along the way. You definitely need to allow the grief to come and go when it needs to, so it may be that you want to give yourself and your partner some time. Obviously, you'll do what feels right regardless, so I wish you luck!

Thank you!
I don't know how things are going to be, once I get pregnant again (we have already started trying again). I think I will be a lot more paranoid about what I eat and expose myself to (not that I wasn't careful before, but I predict a lot of paranoia..), and the first trimester is probably going to be nerve wrecking, but beyond that, I'm not sure if I can be as happy as I was the first time. I know I need to relax, for baby's sake, but I think its going to be really hard.
But the hospital said that because of what happened, they will offer us more scans ("comfort scans", as the doctor called it) than you'd normally get, so I hope that will help any unnecessary worry.
But even so, there can still be complications at birth, and then there is SIDS, so I don't even know when to stop worrying... I guess I'm just going to be one of those hen mothers, that just always worry :/

Feral Cadet

8,950 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Bjirf
Harley_Quinn
Bjirf
Anyone who has lost?

I understand. I'm terribly sorry that you have to deal with that kind of loss.
I had to abort my little girl after 15 weeks due to pancreatic and liver failure on my part a few years ago.
Goddamn it, I'm crying already. It still hurts. I miss her.
If you want to talk, you can post here or you can always PM me. I understand how it puts claws in your soul and you'll always be left a little scarred.

Thanks smile I can feel that its something I gradually think less and less about, but whenever I do, it still hurts just as much. I even came to a point where I feel incredible envious on people close to me, who happens to be pregnant. It shows a side of me I don't recognize.
How long have it been since you lost your little girl?

Yeah, it'll fade to a shadow eventually until it gets prodded. However, talking to someone about it can help vent the wound so it doesn't fester. Yeah, the jealousy is also normal, so don't feel too bad about it. It's just part of the grieving process as well.
I lost her in 2008.

Fashionable Gaian

9,265 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Allo, I'm a mom of 2 boys and my boyfriend has a daughter from a previous relationship.

One of my buys has Autism and it has caused him to have delayed learning ability in the area of speech.

It is difficult to hear my 1 year old say so many things when my 4 year old can barely say Mama and Dada.

I'm here to give support to this thread and support to any other person with an Autistic child.

I'm keeping my hopes high! I want to hear him say "I love mommy" one day!
38 weeks pregnant, you guys. I'M SO DONE.

Golden Cat

We are seriously starting to TTC now. I think things will be easier when we have our own place since we will be closer to our jobs and it will be just the two of us, and our little dog of course. His mom and my mom are dropping not so subtle hints that they want to know when they can expect their grandbabies.
Pretty sure this baby has DROPPED. I had horrible pelvic pain yesterday that ended up just being super painful lower back pain... and it hasn't gone away since, like he's just putting more pressure down there now. He doesn't really LOOK lower... maybe a little bit, but Aden never really looked lower either. I REALLY hope this means it's almost over.

Lucky Star

Is there a baby yet knitsy??

Sparkly Smoker

Bjirf
Thank you!
I don't know how things are going to be, once I get pregnant again (we have already started trying again). I think I will be a lot more paranoid about what I eat and expose myself to (not that I wasn't careful before, but I predict a lot of paranoia..), and the first trimester is probably going to be nerve wrecking, but beyond that, I'm not sure if I can be as happy as I was the first time. I know I need to relax, for baby's sake, but I think its going to be really hard.
But the hospital said that because of what happened, they will offer us more scans ("comfort scans", as the doctor called it) than you'd normally get, so I hope that will help any unnecessary worry.
But even so, there can still be complications at birth, and then there is SIDS, so I don't even know when to stop worrying... I guess I'm just going to be one of those hen mothers, that just always worry :/

I'm just going to butt in right here and let you know you're not alone. I miscarried and became pregnant immediately after. I worried constantly and couldn't wait to have her because I thought that the worrying would get better once she was here. Wrong. I literally couldn't sleep at night for fear of SIDS, even though it can happen any time. My doctor had been vigilant for PPD since I'd been diagnosed with depression and general anxiety disorder. I didn't even know PPA was a thing. Seriously, its okay to worry but please don't be afraid to ask for help. My daughter is 20 months and it's gotten a bit better. It helps to have a good support network. My husband didn't really understand why I worried so much or what PPA even was but he respected it and listened to me.

Aged Hoarder

After years of being away from Gaia, I just find myself logging on back and hopefully just get some strength from this thread. I'm not pregnant yet, but my husband and I have been trying for the past year but PCOS and is making it difficult. And it's hard when everybody around be is getting pregnant and surrounded by babies that I can't help but just feel sad that I can't get pregnant yet. I know a lot of women out there have probably endured longer and have stayed positive still, but I find it difficult sometimes to remain optimistic.

But hopefully hanging out in this thread with much positivity and support can help me be less stressful with trying to conceive.
Wow I never thought there would be so much about just getting/being pregnant eek

Dangerous Ladykiller

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces