Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Adorable Fatcat

Kitakiy
Mightelove

I will tell you as I told another gal on here about latching. Get the baby to open its mouth up as wide as possible. Use your n****e to stroke her lower lip until she does. Then, what you have to do, with your hand on the back of her head......jam that wide little mouth as far onto your n****e as possible. You're not going to hurt her, but she is and will continue to hurt you. There's no nice way to get a newborn latched onto a breast. You're not going to hurt her, just get her jammed on there. You'll appreciate it, you really will. Newborns will tear your nipples all to hell if you try to be nice about latching them on. They've got the suction power of an industrial vacuum all wrapped up in a cute little package....

The biggest problem I'm having with latching is her endless wiggling and flailing. She puts her hands in front of her face and wontwontwont! move them and she chews on her fingers and if I try to move her hand to put my n****e in there she's got the other one there. I have to hold her and latch her with one hand half the time because my other hand is occupied with trapping her hands, which leads to a bad latch and lots of pain for me. That or she's rooting so hard that her head is turned away from my n****e as soon as I get her arms under control. Sometimes I can get her at a calm point, but as soon as she realizes she's supposed to latch, she seems to get way too excited, and I worry that it's something that I caused early on with my problems getting her to latch and eat...
I do finally get her latched most times but this seems to be a huge problem...

EDIT: Well, not my biggest problem - PAIN is my biggest problem, but this is my other big problem /

ATM I a holding her because she got really pissed off when I put her in her bouncer (which is where she sleeps most times because she still doesn't like her crib much) and she keeps waking up every few minutes anyway to either wiggle or yell at me (her yell IS kinda cute - she furrows her brow and stares and me and goes "AH!" wink
I have recently learned, and I'm not sure if this is bad or not but it doesn't seem to upset her, that I can get her to stop crying for a second by blowing on her face quick - if she's about to cry, I blow on her face (just a quick puff) and she gets this really suprised look and stops for a second - and it distracts her just enough for me to try and make her happy another way, like rocking her or whatever. Just now she was about to cry (because of lack of attention which I am very much so giving her...?) and I did that and she was so surprised that she forgot that she was going to cry, and then I rocked her and she fell asleep - no crying! >.> This probably won't work for long though.
She finally quieted down, so now I can eat. Hooray!

I talked to cody after I posted that and I felt a little better. Thanks everyone, also...

Totally normal. Michael was the same way. I sometimes had to enlist assistance to hold his hands so I could get a tit in his face. >.< It gets better. They learn as you learn. When you both get it, it will be fine.

As for playing, I used to sit michael on my belly and talk to him and sing and stuff. It seems like they aren't into it, but it generally captures their attention for a bit.

Shameless Consumer

Kitakiy
I guess I haven't been playing with her nearly as much as I should be or could be... crying

If she's bored, that's not the reason! You can spend every waking moment playing with her and eventually there's going to come a time where she's tired of looking at the same faces, the same furniture, and the same toys all the time. That's why I started taking Emily and Stephanie on walks, because some babies just get bored sitting at home all the time, and Stephanie is one of them. Taking them for a walk is the only way for me to get guaranteed silence for half an hour, and it will make you feel better to get out of the house for a little while.

Also, if she can flail while she's swaddled, she's probably not swaddled tightly enough. Part of the function of a swaddle is to make it so she can't move her arms, because newborns can jerk around in their sleep and scare themselves awake.

I felt like a huge failure for a long time when I finally decided to stop pumping. But it was a major cause of my PPD, it just wrecked me when I wasn't doing it right. It wasn't until I finally got on antidepressants and saw that my daughters were doing just as well on formula as they ever had on breastmilk, except that they finally had a rested, relaxed, and happy mommy.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Petit: Ashton has good features.. and youc an tell he is going to keep them. He has a strong bone structure like my brother.. and my husbands dark skin and thick hair.. Ugh. I'm in so much trouble with him!!
Especially with those dimples. E_E! He will end up being a flirt for sure, gonk

He was just sitting behind me at the computer.. playing pretzels on my shoulder? ... -_- I don't even know... he is so strange..

My GERD has been acting up.. and it's terrible. ;_;

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
How do you ladies cope with the feeling of being huge! I used to be a skinny gal but I became skinny by losing 60lbs. I went from 170lbs to 110lbs, and boy do I miss it! I don't enjoy looking in the mirror and its just awful....

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Pandella: I hated gaining weight. I've already started working out and my son isn't even 2 months old...
I wish I had encouraging words.. but I don't. I'm done with pregnancy for awhile. Only for the fact that I hate how fat it makes me =(

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Ugh... I feel like my last little bit of belly won't go away.... I know it's only been a month but it seems like the rest I lost within two weeks and this last little bump has stayed.
I wish my incision was gone, too.... I want to get out my old jeans so badly but I know they'll just irritate my owie gonk IF I can even fit into them yet... which I doubt...
I think my hips might be permanently wider, too....

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My hips are most def wider from pregnancies... it works with my figure though.. haha.
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Petit: Ashton has good features.. and youc an tell he is going to keep them. He has a strong bone structure like my brother.. and my husbands dark skin and thick hair.. Ugh. I'm in so much trouble with him!!
Especially with those dimples. E_E! He will end up being a flirt for sure, gonk

He was just sitting behind me at the computer.. playing pretzels on my shoulder? ... -_- I don't even know... he is so strange..

My GERD has been acting up.. and it's terrible. ;_;

How old is he?? Aden is the same! He's just weird sometimes! If we're in the car or something and he doesn't have toys or a phone or whatever, he'll make his hands talk to each other. Tyler figures he gets his weirdness from me...I think he's just hilarious
Kitakiy
Ugh... I feel like my last little bit of belly won't go away.... I know it's only been a month but it seems like the rest I lost within two weeks and this last little bump has stayed.
I wish my incision was gone, too.... I want to get out my old jeans so badly but I know they'll just irritate my owie gonk IF I can even fit into them yet... which I doubt...
I think my hips might be permanently wider, too....

That hurty owie will very quickly become a mostly numb owie and then nothing will really bother it much. Mine still has numb areas 4 years later, because some nerves don't grow back...and the numbness took awhile to get used to but it's better than pain. That stage will be over before you know it. Chin up! smile

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PetitChat
SlightlyBurntCupcake

How old is he?? Aden is the same! He's just weird sometimes! If we're in the car or something and he doesn't have toys or a phone or whatever, he'll make his hands talk to each other. Tyler figures he gets his weirdness from me...I think he's just hilarious

He is 2 and a half. Just started with his own imagination not too long ago.. he plays with all his Avengers, Spiderman, and Transformers and gives them voices and makes them talk/fight. It's freakin adorable. I usually have the iPad in the car for him and in my dad's car he has the DVD player, but today I forgot to bring it.. so he just sat in the back and started randomly talking. rofl
I was laughing. It's so awesome though.. watching him finally just create and play by himself now. He appreciates his toys now.. well, in his own type of way.. he actually PLAYS now I should say.
SlightlyBurntCupcake
PetitChat
SlightlyBurntCupcake

He is 2 and a half. Just started with his own imagination not too long ago.. he plays with all his Avengers, Spiderman, and Transformers and gives them voices and makes them talk/fight. It's freakin adorable. I usually have the iPad in the car for him and in my dad's car he has the DVD player, but today I forgot to bring it.. so he just sat in the back and started randomly talking. rofl
I was laughing. It's so awesome though.. watching him finally just create and play by himself now. He appreciates his toys now.. well, in his own type of way.. he actually PLAYS now I should say.

I think Aden started it around 3 years old. His newest thing when the car windows are open is to open his mouth as wide as it'll go and say he's sucking in wind power. Oh, kids.
Hi ladies! First time I've been able to stop in long enough to write my birth story! Dexter Silas arrived at 9:41 on 6/10/12 and weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 19 and a quarter inches long. He's adorable and I am hopelessly, hopelessly in love with him.

My water broke at about 3pm on Saturday. My contractions were strong, but never made it past 5 minutes apart. I went to the birthing center at 5am and I was at 2 centimeters. sad At noon I was still 2 centimeters. We were nearing 24 hours of labor with NO progress, so unfortunately I had to go to the hospital for a little pitocin to get the little man out. I got to the hospital at 1:30 and I was at 4. A little pitocin and 3 hours later- still a 4. So I got the epidural because I hadn't slept in 32 hours and I hurt and I was just absolutely drained. So I was able to take a 2 hour nap and work up at 9 centimeters! I started pushing an hour and a half later, and after pushing for an hour and a half he was out! I was in labor for 31 hours total. It was kind of a nightmare prior to the epidural. Smooth sailing after. I was disappointed things didn't go the way I wanted, but I can't complain because I had a phenomenal hospital experience and was super happy with how it turned out. It was more like going to a birthing center in the hospital.

Things are going great. He's been a nursing champion from the start. My nipples are already starting not to hurt, expect to rub against things. Still gotta wear pads for that.

And without further long winded stuff, meet Dexter. smile

http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=b853a85b-6523-4776-be71-3f79b540ff2f&utm_source=wnshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=wnshare_mom_babylink&utm_campaign=wnshare_button
Satil
Hi ladies! First time I've been able to stop in long enough to write my birth story! Dexter Silas arrived at 9:41 on 6/10/12 and weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 19 and a quarter inches long. He's adorable and I am hopelessly, hopelessly in love with him.

My water broke at about 3pm on Saturday. My contractions were strong, but never made it past 5 minutes apart. I went to the birthing center at 5am and I was at 2 centimeters. sad At noon I was still 2 centimeters. We were nearing 24 hours of labor with NO progress, so unfortunately I had to go to the hospital for a little pitocin to get the little man out. I got to the hospital at 1:30 and I was at 4. A little pitocin and 3 hours later- still a 4. So I got the epidural because I hadn't slept in 32 hours and I hurt and I was just absolutely drained. So I was able to take a 2 hour nap and work up at 9 centimeters! I started pushing an hour and a half later, and after pushing for an hour and a half he was out! I was in labor for 31 hours total. It was kind of a nightmare prior to the epidural. Smooth sailing after. I was disappointed things didn't go the way I wanted, but I can't complain because I had a phenomenal hospital experience and was super happy with how it turned out. It was more like going to a birthing center in the hospital.

Things are going great. He's been a nursing champion from the start. My nipples are already starting not to hurt, expect to rub against things. Still gotta wear pads for that.

And without further long winded stuff, meet Dexter. smile

holy]http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=b853a85b-6523-4776-be71-3f79b540ff2f&utm_source=wnshare&utm_medium=email&utm_content=wnshare_mom_babylink&utm_campaign=wnshare_button
holy crow!! ok he's a doll and rofl he's a UT BABY!!! i love it heart
congratz hun and glad things are going well.
p.s. the UT tickles me cause i live just like a hour away from Knoxville User Image
Oh really? Where? We've lived in Knoxville for about 9 years now.

And thank you! He is an adorable little thing. We have fancy newborn pictures today and his photographer said he was the cutest baby she had worked with all year. biggrin

Clean Raider

Satil
Oh really? Where? We've lived in Knoxville for about 9 years now.

And thank you! He is an adorable little thing. We have fancy newborn pictures today and his photographer said he was the cutest baby she had worked with all year. biggrin
Love it! How adorable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces