Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Friendly Dabbler

9,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Millionaire 200
Ringo Sleuth
Hello everyone!

So, I am sort of new, but also really, really old to this thread.

I started under my Medoricho account, which I lost due to inactivity after awhile, but for quite a long time I was a lurker/occasional poster in the old preggers support thread.

Well, here we are a few years later, and I've recently discovered I'm finally baking a bun of my own.
My husband and I have been really excited, as we had been trying for about a year and a half before we finally had our miracle happen.

So far baby seems perfectly healthy, although I was hospitalized at one point for throwing up at dangerous levels.

Though, healthy baby is what's most important. Right now I'm about ten and a half weeks along, and my due date is March 25th.

Any tips on helping with nausea? (Aside from medication, I've already got some of that, and it helps but doesn't really get rid of it, so I've still gotta find things to stay down.)

I've already tried lemon/lime water, lemon/lime tea, gingerale, ginger tea, vanilla tea, chamomile tea, plain water, crackers, white rice, dry toast, and raspberries.
So far only the raspberries have been foolproof, for me at least.

Hello fellow March Mom! I'm new to this thread as well. I just had my first ultrasound yesterday and baby measured at 11 weeks 5 days - my due date is March 18th.

I don't have really bad nausea - I have yet to throw up, though it's come close a couple times - but I bought the preggie pop drops to help with it. It does settle my stomach when I'm sucking on them, but as soon as I finish, I go right back to being nauseated. Like Aglo I, the only way to keep from getting nauseated is to constantly eat, which means no large meals, only small meals and snacks inbetween! I also like to drink something fizzy to help settle my stomach every once in awhile. 7up has been my go-to drink of choice.

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Anyone here from Georgia that could be of some help with hospital/pregnancy support? Been trying to find someone who lives in the same state as me that could assist. smile

Shameless Exhibitionist

` B e l o v e d
Anyone here from Georgia that could be of some help with hospital/pregnancy support? Been trying to find someone who lives in the same state as me that could assist. smile
I just moved out of Georgia three weeks ago. I may be able to help you find a great place! What area are you in?

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Shieanna
` B e l o v e d
I just moved out of Georgia three weeks ago. I may be able to help you find a great place! What area are you in?

I'm actually in the Sandy Springs/North Atlanta area. And hi! Thank you.

I was just curious as to where a better hospital is to have a baby, that may be on a sliding scale as I do not have health insurance and I'm not rolling in money. Do you have any input on that, by chance? I already called North Fulton hospital but unfortunately, their financial department "isn't there" on Mondays lol.
I'm officially sick of being pregnant. 36 weeks and really hoping he decides to come out sooner rather than later. eek

Bunny

Knitsy
I'm officially sick of being pregnant. 36 weeks and really hoping he decides to come out sooner rather than later. eek

Hope it goes smoothly and your wish comes true smile

I'm only 17 weeks in, and I'm already sick of it. Haha
I mean, I'm enjoying it, but at the same time I'm fed up. I've been suffering absolutely agonising joint pains, that I can only best describe as arthritis in Russian winter. I'm limping, and at the end of a woking day I want to cry from all the pain. And all my midwife has told me, was that "it's normal, and you should get a belly band for support rolleyes
@ Aglo: GET A BELLY BAND. Haha no but seriously, they help a lot! I got a Babies R Us brand one for like $40 and I'm SO GLAD I DID. I don't need it every day, but the days where I would get a really sore back (usually at work) it helped a lot.

Aged Strawberry

Anyone who has lost?
I'm not really sure what I'm seeking (advice, getting stuff off my chest, or just small talk with someone who can relate... I just stumbled upon the thread..), but we lost our boy 22 weeks in. Some cysts in his lungs have gotten worse really fast, and we were forced to abort. He was born less than 3 months ago, and he should have been born late october.

I'm doing pretty good in my grief process, but sometimes it just comes up, and it hurts like hell. I just miss him so much...

Anyway, although we hadn't heard from the hospital yet regarding the autopsy (they estimated that this was most likely not genetic) we have already started trying again. Starting all over again is one thing, but the fear of being constantly worried eats me up.

Feral Kitten

15 weeks and a gestational diabetic again.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Knitsy

30 weeks today and I'm feeling about the same (though I do hope kiddo cooks a little longer for her health's sake).

I'm so done with heartburn, maternity clothes, and being tired all the damn time. Also my hormones are massively out of whack. I was doing relatively well emotions-wise (other than, if I got upset, I can go from zero to sob in under a second) until I started the third trimester. Now, everything freaking pisses me off. Everything. I have no tolerance. I had to stop myself from going off on a customer service rep about my mattress order/delivery due to an address error that was fixed, now oh its not actually fixed, oh nevermind it IS fixed just only on the delivery side of things and not on your order listing (WTF?) but it'll go to the right house, no worries. Seriously had to stop myself from biting her head off over how dumb that all is, and I'm usually VERY courteous to CS Reps because I've had that job before. Blah.

Hilarious Noob

3,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
A thread about pregnancy and babies?

-smooths down the backside of her skirt so it sits flat on the large, comfy beanie chair and wiggles to get comfortable-

Like this wonderful chair, where has this thread been all my life? -smirks-

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
Just wanted to float in here and show my support for everyone in this thread!

Also, I HAVE to thank the threadmaker, there's so much useful information on the front page! Not planning on having children any time soon, but I have been a very proud uncle for many a year. And it will come in handy someday, most likely. Not to mention it's good to brush up on my knowledge of things, considering Parenthood class in high school was more than ten years ago... sweatdrop

Feral Cadet

8,950 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Bjirf
Anyone who has lost?
I'm not really sure what I'm seeking (advice, getting stuff off my chest, or just small talk with someone who can relate... I just stumbled upon the thread..), but we lost our boy 22 weeks in. Some cysts in his lungs have gotten worse really fast, and we were forced to abort. He was born less than 3 months ago, and he should have been born late october.

I'm doing pretty good in my grief process, but sometimes it just comes up, and it hurts like hell. I just miss him so much...

Anyway, although we hadn't heard from the hospital yet regarding the autopsy (they estimated that this was most likely not genetic) we have already started trying again. Starting all over again is one thing, but the fear of being constantly worried eats me up.

I understand. I'm terribly sorry that you have to deal with that kind of loss.
I had to abort my little girl after 15 weeks due to pancreatic and liver failure on my part a few years ago.
Goddamn it, I'm crying already. It still hurts. I miss her.
If you want to talk, you can post here or you can always PM me. I understand how it puts claws in your soul and you'll always be left a little scarred.

Aged Strawberry

Harley_Quinn
Bjirf
Anyone who has lost?

I understand. I'm terribly sorry that you have to deal with that kind of loss.
I had to abort my little girl after 15 weeks due to pancreatic and liver failure on my part a few years ago.
Goddamn it, I'm crying already. It still hurts. I miss her.
If you want to talk, you can post here or you can always PM me. I understand how it puts claws in your soul and you'll always be left a little scarred.

Thanks smile I can feel that its something I gradually think less and less about, but whenever I do, it still hurts just as much. I even came to a point where I feel incredible envious on people close to me, who happens to be pregnant. It shows a side of me I don't recognize.
How long have it been since you lost your little girl?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff