Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Hi there I'm new here 3nodding
I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with a false negative on a home pregnancy test. I missed my period and took a test and it came back negative, but I'm still convinced I may be pregnant.
This happen to anyone?
Xx_Vow_of_Silence_xX
I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with a false negative on a home pregnancy test. I missed my period and took a test and it came back negative, but I'm still convinced I may be pregnant.
This happen to anyone?

Not to me, personally, but to lots and lots of people (I had a friend that went until MONTH 5 of pregnancy before she got a +tive!). The later after your period you wait, the higher chance that it'll come back +tive, since your hcg rises a ton in the first few weeks..

When in doubt, get to the doctor's for a blood test! It's the only officially conclusive way to tell if you're getting -tive's on HPTs.
Kaneira the Great
So I'm new to this thread but I am due to have my first child July 22nd by c-section due to this being such a complicated pregnancy. I am excited as hell to finally get to hold my baby but I'm still concerned about a number of things.

1 - I'm known to get so nervous over just normal surgery that a begin puking the day before or the morning of. I'm afraid because they tell me I will be awake for the c-section. My mother had four so I know there will be a tarp and I won't feel the pain but I will feel the pressure of them moving my organs around. I'm afraid I'll have a panic attack or something considering they have your hands restrained. My doctors said if it's really that bad they can gas me but I feel like that would be bad for my baby.

2 - I won't get to have the skin to skin contact immediately after birth which I've been told is crucial for the baby's development.

1. The cool thing about Cesareans is that you have a whole team of people in the room. Not just the doctor and the nurses assisting him, but also a nurse near your head, and the anesthesiologist, who's entire job is to make sure you're good and comfy. That means that if you start to barf mid-Cesarean (very very common, and not dangerous or anything), he (or she!) will pump you full of anti-nauseants. Panicking? He's got meds for that too! Maybe you could ask your doctor for some anti-anxiety meds during the Cesarean just to take the edge off? Planned Cesareans have a whole different feel to 'surprise' or 'emergency' ones! A ton calmer, that's for sure.

My Cesarean was my very first surgery ever. And I was freaking out bad. Hubby and I asked the nurse to please not narrate what was happening (I guess they will if you want them to!), and Hubby and I sat and chatted about super random things (I think talking about where we'd take a vacation to, and why) and before we knew it, we heard a baby crying! I didn't even know they'd started the surgery! My Cesarean was 22 minutes from first cut to completely done. Super fast.

2. It's not essential. It's not even crucial. It's nice, and helps with bonding. But at the very end of the day, it's not going to make or break your relationship with baby, and isn't going to cause baby any serious harm to not have it immediately. If you're seriously worried and if baby's dad is still around - you can ask the hospital if Dad can do skin to skin care to begin with! It doesn't need to be mom's skin, just someone's, to get the benefits. But really, it's not going to cause any serious harm to not get it. Promise.
Lady Miyo
Xx_Vow_of_Silence_xX
This happen to anyone?

Not to me, personally, but to lots and lots of people (I had a friend that went until MONTH 5 of pregnancy before she got a +tive!). The later after your period you wait, the higher chance that it'll come back +tive, since your hcg rises a ton in the first few weeks..

When in doubt, get to the doctor's for a blood test! It's the only officially conclusive way to tell if you're getting -tive's on HPTs.

Thank you! I'm planning on testing again this week. If it comes back - again and I still don't get my period in a couple weeks I'll head to the doctor for a blood test.
And wow, you're friend took 5 months to get a positive?? That's crazy, I've never heard of that happening. Makes me kind of nervous haha
Xx_Vow_of_Silence_xX
Lady Miyo

Thank you! I'm planning on testing again this week. If it comes back - again and I still don't get my period in a couple weeks I'll head to the doctor for a blood test.
And wow, you're friend took 5 months to get a positive?? That's crazy, I've never heard of that happening. Makes me kind of nervous haha

Well, she knew she was pregnant before that, thanks to u/s and blood tests haha. But she kept taking them HPTs once a week just for fun to see how long it would take to show up.

Everyone has different levels of hpt for pregnancy, and if you're on the very very very (we're talking almost non-existent) low end of it, it won't show up on an HPT.

Odds are, you're probably just late, or your periods are being irregular and ******** because they do that sometimes. Do you track your periods? There's tons of apps for them, and I find it really helpful to be able to go to my doctor and just show them a screenshot with a graph on it than to try and figure out dates and stuff, haha.

Either way if you don't get a +tive in a couple weeks, it would be a good idea to get to a doctor to figure out why your period didn't come!
8 days left of work... hopefully I won't stab anyone in the eye before I"m done... evil
Knitsy
8 days left of work... hopefully I won't stab anyone in the eye before I"m done... evil

Heyyyyy, I know youuuuuuuu. heart

At least, I'm pretty sure you're on my FB.
@ Miyo: Heyyyyyyyyy

Worst. Headache. Ever. My head is all stuffed up, feels like I have to pop my ears but they won't pop. I can't hear properly. All I can really hear is my own pulse in my head, anything I say, and the bindery machine in the back at work. Everything else is fuzzy. And it's been this way for FOUR DAYS. sad

Dangerous Genius

Hello! I'm new to this thread. I'm 17 weeks pregnant, my due date is Janurary 30th. This is my first pregnancy. I was told I couldn't have children then one day boom, I was pregnant with my little miracle. So far I've bad every symptom. I had really bad nausea and vomiting but now that I'm further along I'm just always tired and get a headache like everyday. crying How is everyone else doing?
@ Cacophobic: Welcome and congrats (and extra congrats since you thought you couldn't!)

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hello all! Long time, no see! I have a cold... cry One of my showers is on Sunday, so hopefully it clears up by then. We're having two because the fiancés family insisted that they throw my shower even though there was already one in the works before they even knew I was pregnant. Oh well, more cake. We've also come up with names for the twins, they will be Lilith Blair and Lydia Nyx. Any mommies that have had babies before have any suggestions on things to make sure I have on my registries?
How come there's no poll option for 0 q.q
Nevermind...I guess i don't belong here gonk

Bunny

Hey everyone.
I'm mainly looking to give away a few vouchers for free mummy stuff.
I received them in my Bounty pack here in the UK, and while all the offers looked appealing (I mean, free stuff?!), it turned out I would be paying a fortune for P&P to the UK as the vouchers are for USA based companies.

First come first go (or they may be multi-use, as they don't have an expiry date).

£30 gift card for a car seat canopy of your choice (a £30 value)
Promo code: UK15CC

CarseatCanopy.com

£25 gift certificate good for two belly button bands or one belly button body band (value £25)
Promo code: UK15BB

BellyButtonBand.com

£20 gift certificate valid for one FREE nursing cover (value £20)
Promo code: UK15UC

UdderCovers.com

£30 gift certificate good for one baby carrier (value £30)
Promo code: UK15SS

SevenSlings.com

£30 gift certificate valid for 5 FREE pairs of baby leggings (value £30)
Promo code: UK15BL

BabyLeggings.com

£25 gift card valid for one FREE nursing pillow (value £25) in any print
Promo code: UK15NP

NursingPillow.com

£20 gift certificate valid for 10 FREE pairs of breast pads (value £20)
Promo vode: UK15BP

BreastPads.com
Hello everyone!

So, I am sort of new, but also really, really old to this thread.

I started under my Medoricho account, which I lost due to inactivity after awhile, but for quite a long time I was a lurker/occasional poster in the old preggers support thread.

Well, here we are a few years later, and I've recently discovered I'm finally baking a bun of my own.
My husband and I have been really excited, as we had been trying for about a year and a half before we finally had our miracle happen.

So far baby seems perfectly healthy, although I was hospitalized at one point for throwing up at dangerous levels.

Though, healthy baby is what's most important. Right now I'm about ten and a half weeks along, and my due date is March 25th.

Any tips on helping with nausea? (Aside from medication, I've already got some of that, and it helps but doesn't really get rid of it, so I've still gotta find things to stay down.)

I've already tried lemon/lime water, lemon/lime tea, gingerale, ginger tea, vanilla tea, chamomile tea, plain water, crackers, white rice, dry toast, and raspberries.
So far only the raspberries have been foolproof, for me at least.

Bunny

Ringo Sleuth
Hello everyone!

So, I am sort of new, but also really, really old to this thread.

I started under my Medoricho account, which I lost due to inactivity after awhile, but for quite a long time I was a lurker/occasional poster in the old preggers support thread.

Well, here we are a few years later, and I've recently discovered I'm finally baking a bun of my own.
My husband and I have been really excited, as we had been trying for about a year and a half before we finally had our miracle happen.

So far baby seems perfectly healthy, although I was hospitalized at one point for throwing up at dangerous levels.

Though, healthy baby is what's most important. Right now I'm about ten and a half weeks along, and my due date is March 25th.

Any tips on helping with nausea? (Aside from medication, I've already got some of that, and it helps but doesn't really get rid of it, so I've still gotta find things to stay down.)

I've already tried lemon/lime water, lemon/lime tea, gingerale, ginger tea, vanilla tea, chamomile tea, plain water, crackers, white rice, dry toast, and raspberries.
So far only the raspberries have been foolproof, for me at least.

Congratulations! Especially if you were trying for such a long time smile

Have you tried getting one of those nausea bracelets? You can get them from Amazon. I haven't tried one myself, as my nausea hasn't been severe, but from what I know it's simple acupuncture, and they're recommended for people with travel sickness, to pregnant ladies.

For me, my nausea hits me first thing when I wake up and start going about. My solution to that is generally stuff myself with food, and a peppermint tea haha.
On an average day I will have 2-3 breakfasts (like a hobbit). First is a simple slice of thick toast, with vegetables, and sometimes cream cheese, and a drink. Or a simple bowl of cereal and almond milk. Sometimes I will have to eat this in the garden, as the extra kitchen or house smells don't help.

Second breakfast is usually the breakfast. So I would have something normal by then, unless I'm still feeling sick, in which case it's back to carbs (leftover pasta salads, or noodles seem to do it too). If that's the case, thats' when I have a third breakfast closer to lunchtime.

And some days, all of that is just for naught. Then I just stay in bed with a sick bowl and feel sorry for myself while watching Netflix.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff