Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Digital Fiend
Azlein

Do I really look that big? BE HONEST! Please. I won't hate anyone or anything. I am just curious...

You look so cute.

You got me to be all blushie. redface 4laugh heart

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
*Is sad*
I'm 90% effaced, but still only 3cm... *sigh*
My doctor said that I'm not allowed to have the baby this weekend because she will not be on call XD
It's kind of a big issue though, if I do go into labor... because then not only will I have to deal with the on-call MALE doctor, I will also probably end up going to the other hospital that is a good 30 minutes away, more expensive, and unfamiliar... I went there once five years ago to get stitches in my face (work incident, and my job was five minutes away from that one), but I only saw a very small portion of the ER... Because that's HIS preferred hospital...... I'm more scared of having to switch hospitals than I am of having a strange man between my legs, and THAT'S saying something...
MY hospital of choice is literally 2 minutes away, I've been there three times for things, it's RIGHT across the street from my OB's office, it's cheaper, and I already toured it's maternity area... I swear I'm gonna hold the damn baby in if she tries to come this weekend. Here's hoping for either tonight or next week....

AND I didn't get to go swimming today... SIL had to take her sister to the doctor because of an infected belly button piercing... (though the reason the belly button is infected is weird, considering she hasn't had her peircing in for a while)

Now I gots to go to work to train my replacement... (though it's more likely that she's officially replacing the girl who lost 160 dollars because she was having some dramatic feud with one of the other CSRs)
They say it's supposed to be easy work lol but it's not, because I'll have to be doing all of the things I normally do whilst explaining it all...
Hopefully it will be as dead as it was last night...

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kitakiy
*Is sad*
I'm 90% effaced, but still only 3cm... *sigh*
My doctor said that I'm not allowed to have the baby this weekend because she will not be on call XD
It's kind of a big issue though, if I do go into labor... because then not only will I have to deal with the on-call MALE doctor, I will also probably end up going to the other hospital that is a good 30 minutes away, more expensive, and unfamiliar... I went there once five years ago to get stitches in my face (work incident, and my job was five minutes away from that one), but I only saw a very small portion of the ER... Because that's HIS preferred hospital...... I'm more scared of having to switch hospitals than I am of having a strange man between my legs, and THAT'S saying something...
MY hospital of choice is literally 2 minutes away, I've been there three times for things, it's RIGHT across the street from my OB's office, it's cheaper, and I already toured it's maternity area... I swear I'm gonna hold the damn baby in if she tries to come this weekend. Here's hoping for either tonight or next week....

AND I didn't get to go swimming today... SIL had to take her sister to the doctor because of an infected belly button piercing... (though the reason the belly button is infected is weird, considering she hasn't had her peircing in for a while)

Now I gots to go to work to train my replacement... (though it's more likely that she's officially replacing the girl who lost 160 dollars because she was having some dramatic feud with one of the other CSRs)
They say it's supposed to be easy work lol but it's not, because I'll have to be doing all of the things I normally do whilst explaining it all...
Hopefully it will be as dead as it was last night...

Why do you have to switch hospitals? Doesn't that hospital have more than one doctor that can deliver? I would go to my hospital of choice and dare them to move me.

Clean Raider

Digital Fiend
Kitakiy

Why do you have to switch hospitals? Doesn't that hospital have more than one doctor that can deliver? I would go to my hospital of choice and dare them to move me.

I second this. Walk into your hospital and demand a female OB. You're the one having a baby.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Digital Fiend
Kitakiy

I second this. Walk into your hospital and demand a female OB. You're the one having a baby.

It's not the hospital that I'm going to for care though - I'm going to an OBGYN at a doctor's office, and when I deliver, I will be meeting HER at the hospital. It actually does say in my paperwork that I might have to go to the other hospital in rare emergencies, just like I might have to go to the other doctor, who is her partner, in rare emergencies, when she is unavailable....
But... I don't wanna...

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Both of my sons were delivered by males. wink

Infact, with Ashton.. NONE of the female nurses were helpful at all. None of them listened to me.

I actually prefer males. Females get all "wishy washy" to me.. and when I'm in labor, I just want my baby OUT xD! I don't want to be talked to and stuff... ugh.

Has anyone got any tips on dealing with anxiety?
for example; I work in a supermarket behind the checkout, and I'm so frightened that someone's going to come in and call me a dirty slut or something for being pregnant. I also do not want to be seen in some places. Which is awful, I'm so excited and happy to be pregnant, it's something I was told could never happen, I also find telling people really hard & my mother has to do it for me, or my boyfriend gonk

Adorable Fatcat

K-Nesss

for example; I work in a supermarket behind the checkout, and I'm so frightened that someone's going to come in and call me a dirty slut or something for being pregnant. I also do not want to be seen in some places. Which is awful, I'm so excited and happy to be pregnant, it's something I was told could never happen, I also find telling people really hard & my mother has to do it for me, or my boyfriend gonk

buy yourself a decent looking cheap ring that looks like an engagement ring. Wear it at work or to places where you feel anxious about being unmarried and pregnant.

In all reality, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You are in a relationship and it isn't required that you be married to have a child. People are, of course, allowed to judge you. You are, in turn, allowed to not give a rat's a**. So....don't. It's your life, missy. razz

Adorable Fatcat

SlightlyBurntCupcake
Both of my sons were delivered by males. wink

Infact, with Ashton.. NONE of the female nurses were helpful at all. None of them listened to me.

I actually prefer males. Females get all "wishy washy" to me.. and when I'm in labor, I just want my baby OUT xD! I don't want to be talked to and stuff... ugh.

Both my kiddos were delivered by male doctors. I much prefer male OBGYN to female. The only experience I had previous to my daughter being born was a colcoscopy and the female doctor was very rude and rough. I still don't like her and won't see her. xd

Dr Adams, the one that delivered Michael, was friggin' funny. He psyched me out while I was on the table, imitating a crying baby. Then he asked if it was bad that my uterus was looking like it would taste good with BBQ sauce. rofl

anyway, I tend to get along better with men anyway.

I also got tired of all the female nurses apologizing to me all the time for things that they had to do in the course of their duties. That just downright annoys me.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mightelove

Both my kiddos were delivered by male doctors. I much prefer male OBGYN to female. The only experience I had previous to my daughter being born was a colcoscopy and the female doctor was very rude and rough. I still don't like her and won't see her. xd

Dr Adams, the one that delivered Michael, was friggin' funny. He psyched me out while I was on the table, imitating a crying baby. Then he asked if it was bad that my uterus was looking like it would taste good with BBQ sauce. rofl

anyway, I tend to get along better with men anyway.

I also got tired of all the female nurses apologizing to me all the time for things that they had to do in the course of their duties. That just downright annoys me.

My delivery with Ashton was simply a catastrophe until the male OBGYN came in and listened to me.
He needed to be turned, and he wasn't moving properly. I SHOULD have been given a c-section. I was pushing for 8 freaking hours.
But once my male doctor came in, he turned Ashton and quickly suggested the vacuum and Ash was out quickly.

Travis was an easy delivery, since I KNEW that I had to push. I had a male deliver him, and a female nurse. I did like her though. It seems more like the guy doctors don't mess around in my experience, and just get the babies out. whee

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
K-Nesss

Aww.. you have nothing to be ashamed of! I was a young-ish mom, Ash was born when I was 21. Whenever I would go to my home town ( during pregnancy, or with the baby ) people gave me weird looks. Average people have kids in their 30's there.. and I LOOK young.
Same thing in my Grandparent's town. Everyone looked at me like I should be on MTV or something. rolleyes

Just ignore anybody if they say anything or give you weird looks. Enjoy your pregnancy and baby! Other people don't matter. heart

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Well, my female doctor seems like she'd be very helpful and competent in the delivery room... so I'm not worried about that at all. I have nothing against men or male doctors or anything either - a doctor is a doctor, whether they are male or female... however, I get panicky when ANY random guy comes near me or talks to me or anything. I get nervous if any of my guy friends come too close, or honestly, if ANY of my friends come too close.
I get really weirded out and nervous about ANYONE being 'down there' but I deal with it with my female doctor because I know it's necessary and I know her and trust her and I know she wouldn't ever do anything bad.
With a guy I would freak out, because while logically I know he wouldn't do anything bad either (because HELLOOO? lawsuit?)(plus he's a doctor that just always does that - it'd be just like delivering another pizza for me xd ) in my mind I would be panicky just because there was some strange man that I'd never met inbetween my legs DOING things to and LOOKING at my v****a. It's pretty ridiculous... sweatdrop but it's a really stupid and unfortunate side effect of some of the crap I've dealt with in my past stare

As I said though - I'm more worried about the hospital change than anything... If I have to go to the other hospital... IDK I might just... ignore them and go to mine anway? lol
Or try to hold her in xd

Shameless Consumer

Kitakiy
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Digital Fiend
Kitakiy

It's not the hospital that I'm going to for care though - I'm going to an OBGYN at a doctor's office, and when I deliver, I will be meeting HER at the hospital. It actually does say in my paperwork that I might have to go to the other hospital in rare emergencies, just like I might have to go to the other doctor, who is her partner, in rare emergencies, when she is unavailable....
But... I don't wanna...

That's really strange, I can't believe that your hospital doesn't have more than one OBGYN there. I really doubt that's true, if you're uncomfortable with the other hospital, just go to the close one! If you end up having to move, then it's not a big deal and they'll either tell you to just drive there or give you a free ride in an ambulance.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
K-Nesss

Aws don't worry about it... it CAN be really stressful and annoying for people to keep staring at you or giving you weird looks, but honestly, it's really none of their business whether or not you're married or single or whatever, just as it's none of their business that you're pregnant in the first place. I'm 22, but I've always looked super young for my age. I look like I'm 16, if not younger. I get ALL kinds of looks, including a lot of dirty ones... but at this point I've learned to ignore them because people are going to judge no matter what you do.
No one, though, is going to call you a dirty slut. Thankfully, people keep their mean thoughts on these things to themselves, and the fact is you ARE proud to be pregnant.
It can be hard, but one of the things I've learned to do is if someone is giving you a weird or dirty look, just give them the biggest grin you can. If you look happy about it, then they can either be baffled or annoyed that you're happy about it, or they can realize they're being an a*****e.
Another thing you can do is to try and pretend that they're not looking at you, or, maybe just imagine that they're jealous it's not them who are pregnant.

Amorous Nerd

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Citizen 200
K-Nesss

I agree with the ring idea, people judge a lot it's something that un avoidable, you can however choose to ignore it and be happy. [:

I was 17 for my first pregnancy and for my second I was 21 and working for a Christian organization with Young people (14-25) my partner have been together for I think almost 10 years now, and we're still not married. People still find my situation strange but I'm happy, and I'm comfortable.

(We do plan on getting married at some point, but we want quite a nice wedding and money.. yea I don't earn a whole lot and saving with the two kids is near on impossible. xD)

If someone does say anything make sure you have support from co-workers/supervisor to back you up, because it's unlikely, but if it does happen a nice safety net will make the situation 100% easier to deal with.

Also do you know anyone else around your age, or even at all who is pregnant or has kids? I find being with others helps rid all my anxiety. Whether it's meeting them once a week, or actually going places/shopping with them, making sure your just generally not alone might help too. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff