Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Adorable Fatcat

kitsunenochi017
Kitakiy
Days of Raine

I agree mostly with what you've said here. But you won't know how the father is going to react until baby is born so I wouldn't jump the gun, ya know?

No, true, but if he's talking like he refuses to help her, who is going to help her when the baby is born and if he STILL refuses? What will she do? I think maybe she needs a backup plan just in case and then if he still acts like that when the baby is born, then kick him. But the whole 'him wanting her to get a c-section so she doesn't tear' thing makes me mad, too, so that's two strikes IMO. Big ones.

He never wanted kids. I actually dealt with him being a d**k for the first week after he found out before i finally snapped and told him I didn't need to hear all the demeaning things he was saying and he could leave if he wanted. But he said no he will own up to it. He still says some rude things like "it's my fault" though I was the one buying the condoms and warned him I was getting off Depo cause it was making me sick. He's not excited at all for it. I'd rather just sorta hole up somewhere till after I have my kid so I don't have to deal with anything.

I had a really stressful night the other day when i heard that rumors were being spread like that I tricked him into getting me Pregnant and that I was going to court and having paperwork done so he had to sign over the rights of the kid to me. Neither were true and it made me so mad. My sisters warned me too getting stressed out in the first Tri can cause you to miscarry and I really don't want that. D;

Get out of this situation as soon as you can. He is providing you nothing of value and it does not seem as if he will be contributing anything of value. I am not saying you need to cut him out of the kiddo's life, but you should think seriously about getting out of this relationship as much as possible. You are going to need people to support you and help you, not people that are going to criticize, neglect and harass you. You deserve better.

Clean Raider

Mightelove
kitsunenochi017

Get out of this situation as soon as you can. He is providing you nothing of value and it does noy seem as if he will be contributing anything of value. I am not sahing you need to cut him out of the kiddo's life, but you should think seriously about getting out of this relationship as much as possible. You are going to need people to support you and help you, not people that are going to criticize, neglect and harass you. You deserve better.
I second this motion for the exact same reasons.

Adorable Fatcat

kitsunenochi017
Mightelove

>.> I've had a c-section and I can assure you that they aren't pleasant. Although it wasn't really painful for me. I have an extremely high threshold for pain, though. It did generally feel as if my guts were going to fall out at any given moment. I was restricted to lifting 10-15 pounds and couldn't drive for 3 weeks. I couldn't have sex for four weeks. I couldn't s**t for a week and a half and, when I finally did it took a Herculean effort(to the point of being parallel to the toilet, that's how hard I was pushing). I was tough enough to walk every where I wanted to within a short distance and I was stubborn enough to deal with stairs because I had to. Zoe's nursery was downstairs so that's where I went. The incision was difficult to keep clean and I always felt like I stank. I was worn out and tired and emotional and felt like I couldn't do anything right because I felt so weak.

All this isn't being said to scare you off. If you NEED a c-section, do it and don't think twice. I am getting another one in a few days. VBAC gets more risky the larger the baby and they say I'm having Gigantor, the oversized baby of doom. If this little s**t comes out at six pounds, I'm crawling off the operating table and chewing on the doctors leg. evil

That all being said, do NOT ever ever ever EVER let anyone tell you or coerce you into doing something to your body, especially something as traumatic as major surgery. The fact that he would even suggest it says a whole hell of a lot about his personality and general character. Suggesting someone have a six to eight inch incision made in their abdomen and their innards fiddled around with for no other reason than "da sex might be affected...." is more than a little ludicrous.

It's your body, little lady, and it's the only one you'll ever get. You do what is best for you.

Sorry but that image of a lady crawling off the Operating table and chewing on the Doctor made me laugh. I'd only do the C-section if I or the kid was in trouble and that was the best option. I'd rather deliver vaginally and as long as everything goes smooth that should be what happens. smile

It was supposed to. wink

Good for you. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this guy at this point in your life. Right now you should be focusing on you. Really, soon, that's all you'll have the energy for.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Ashton slept FOREVER last night... @_@

He just ate so much breakfast it isn't even funny.. he's now sitting on the couch super stuffed playing iPad..
I might take advantage of this and sit in the shower or something.

My sister called me last night.. at 3 in the morning. Totally drunk, to April Fools me by saying she took a positive pregnancy test ( she's in college to be a doctor and is totally a party girl.. lucky for her, she's wicked smart) she thought she was so funny.
It was 3 in the morning.. you can't April Fools me if I'm half asleep. Totally unfair. emotion_8c
Azlein
I'm back everyone!!! 3nodding

Did you miss me ?

22 weeks and 1 day along and from what I can tell in the last page of posts we have new people and no one has popped yet! Yay! 3nodding

I was just curious if me sleeping through the whole night would cause a uti. I pee for a really long time when I get up, but I just don't wake up in the middle of the night to pee. X.x
I wake up once at night. Early morning about an hour or so before the alarm goes off so I can pee... sometimes I wake earlier like around midnight because Hubby isn't in bed with me yet. He sometimes falls asleep on the couch while after he cleans dishes or folds laundry. I have to wake him to get him to lay down properly... poor guy.

Don't worry. As long as you are not peeing your bed or having a burning sensation when you pee.. you should be fine.
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Mightelove
kitsunenochi017

Get out of this situation as soon as you can. He is providing you nothing of value and it does noy seem as if he will be contributing anything of value. I am not sahing you need to cut him out of the kiddo's life, but you should think seriously about getting out of this relationship as much as possible. You are going to need people to support you and help you, not people that are going to criticize, neglect and harass you. You deserve better.
I second this motion for the exact same reasons.
From what you've been telling us. I agree as well. Not a healthy guy to have around, especially if he is causing so much stress.
I have never once gotten up my entire pregnancy to pee. I have a bladder of steel, and always have. No, it won't cause you to have a UTI. I'm about to burst by the time I DO get up, but never any UTI issues.

I am so sore, all the time. Dexter is big enough to have his feet in my ribs 24/7 now. When he kicks it feels like he's going to pop my rib out. Always the same rib. I guess he's starting to get into "exit position" because he's been in the exact same spot for over 2 weeks now. I'm also in a terrible mood all of the time. I am SO READY for him to just be here. I feel like I can't do anything fun anymore because I feel like my abdominal region is going to snap in half if I so much as stand too long. Moving around is so cumbersome I just want to lay in a pillow nest ll the time. I am a grumpy pregnant lady.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Feeling a little better this morning but I'm worried that my depression has come back... I'm hoping it's just the hormones...
I'm going to make Cody snuggle me in a few minutes. He's still asleep though... How can I ever spent time with him if he's always asleep, at work, or at his parents playing video games?
Of course lately we HAVE been spending lots of time together - so I guess I'm just being crazy because I want MORE.

OMG I totally forgot about April Fool's day. I'm not going to work tonight. I don't have to cuz I have the day off, and I offered to go in solely to make some extra cash, but... April Fool's day, working as a pizza delivery driver? People are going to think they are SO CLEVER, calling in and ordering pizza to the wrong houses, when really all it will do is lose us money and create some major headaches... does anyone know if this is a common thing for people to do? I know prank pizza deliveries happen because I have been on one, and I'm worried that there will be many more today...

I had a dream about Luna being born last night. Can't remember it too well, though, and it wasn't a very vivid dream.

I got all of my baby things washed - all of the ones I WANT to use anyway - the things that I don't particularly like I left in boxes and will be putting them in storage. If an 'emergency' comes up and I HAVE to use them, I will, which is why I'm even keeping them, but I agree with you guys on the 'things with words'. I don't like them. I almost put away a towel that said 'baby' on it, just because it irritated me that it had writing. But I kept it because it was the softest towel there was... but most of the hand-me-down bibs I kept have no words whatsoever, and the ones that you can flip over and have really pretty designs with no words ^_^ and most of the clothes and whatnot that I kept have no words either.
Cody seems to like SOME words though, and he bought the baby onesies that say 'little sister' and 'I heart Daddy'. I'm not even going to bother talking to him about it because I know he won't listen XD at least my mom seems to have the same taste. Cody seems to have an affinity for super cheesiness though - I suppose it was one of the things that I thought was cute about him, so I have to put up with the more irritating parts of it too.... heart

Now, I'm going to go pounce on him and make him cuddle me
Also, does anyone else leak all over their SO every time they cuddle? Seriously, every single time Shawn and I do skin to skin cuddles I leak on him. I think it's got to be the skin to skin contact. I never leak any other time. I can hand express a few drops, but when we cuddle I leak like mad.

Eloquent Informer

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200
Mightelove
kitsunenochi017
Eisefin
kitsunenochi017
I'm just wondering what your guy's opinion on Vaginal delivery VS C-section. I'd much rather deliver vaginally but my Baby's daddy doesn't want me to do that. His other friends that have all had kids have been torn down there. One girl was torn from her v****a clear to her a**s. So he wants me to have a C-section. I don't want to be in pain the first few weeks of my babies life but he is still trying to convince me and it's actually irritating me now.

So just wondering if you guys can give me both pros and cons to this. No I have not been to talk to a Doctor yet, that isn't till the 9th, just want some ideas on what I can tell him.

Honestly, tearing is likely to happen and it's actually quite natural. I tore from my v****a to my a**s and all they did was stitch me up and by the time my six-week checkup came I was perfectly fine. With c-sections, your chances for infections increase and you are likely not able to breastfeed because they prescribe you pain medication and medicine to prevent infections. Also, recovery from c-sections take a lot longer than natural birth.

When I tore vaginally, they stitched me up and prescribed me just your basic Tylenol every so many hours, showed me how to clean myself gently while urinating and showering, and the pain was not bad at all when caring for my son. You kinda limp, but it's more a numb pain than an agonizing pain.

Well this is my first and my older sister was telling me about how she only tore a little bit. But when i hear about the people having C-sections they are in pain, aren't suppose to drive and it sounds like your in pain more so than getting to enjoy being with your child. My baby's daddy said he don't plan on changing diapers, etc so if i did do a C-section I'm invalid for a little while i would need his help and he can't seem to understand that. I'll take pain during the labor and a few days discomfort over keeping my v****a intact for him and a few weeks recovery. O.< I'm wondering if I can get my Doc to convince him otherwise.

>.> I've had a c-section and I can assure you that they aren't pleasant. Although it wasn't really painful for me. I have an extremely high threshold for pain, though. It did generally feel as if my guts were going to fall out at any given moment. I was restricted to lifting 10-15 pounds and couldn't drive for 3 weeks. I couldn't have sex for four weeks. I couldn't s**t for a week and a half and, when I finally did it took a Herculean effort(to the point of being parallel to the toilet, that's how hard I was pushing). I was tough enough to walk every where I wanted to within a short distance and I was stubborn enough to deal with stairs because I had to. Zoe's nursery was downstairs so that's where I went. The incision was difficult to keep clean and I always felt like I stank. I was worn out and tired and emotional and felt like I couldn't do anything right because I felt so weak.

All this isn't being said to scare you off. If you NEED a c-section, do it and don't think twice. I am getting another one in a few days. VBAC gets more risky the larger the baby and they say I'm having Gigantor, the oversized baby of doom. If this little s**t comes out at six pounds, I'm crawling off the operating table and chewing on the doctors leg. evil

That all being said, do NOT ever ever ever EVER let anyone tell you or coerce you into doing something to your body, especially something as traumatic as major surgery. The fact that he would even suggest it says a whole hell of a lot about his personality and general character. Suggesting someone have a six to eight inch incision made in their abdomen and their innards fiddled around with for no other reason than "da sex might be affected...." is more than a little ludicrous.

It's your body, little lady, and it's the only one you'll ever get. You do what is best for you.
User Image

I think she put it best. 3nodding

Another annoying thing my csection caused me- I could feel I had to pee in the days after, but doing it was so difficult. It's like I couldn't get my body to let the pee out for some reason. I hope that doesn't happen this time.
I seriously hate April Fools day. I'm a super trusting person... and I build my friendships and relationships on trust. This day is just cruel. I can't believe anything anyone says and it makes me so depressed.

Last year, I locked myself in the bathroom at work to cry because of all the stupid jokes people come up with. "I broke up with my bf" "I lost your -insert object here-" "So my dog died..." Blah blah blah.

If people are gonna play jokes then they need to play an actual joke... that is funny. Like a can of worms, or small booby traps. Timing people, not cruel lies.

I am so glad I'm on bed rest today. That way I don't have to deal with people and their lies.

Btw, it was false labor all night after I finished posting. My mother in law helped me figure it out.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Satil
Also, does anyone else leak all over their SO every time they cuddle? Seriously, every single time Shawn and I do skin to skin cuddles I leak on him. I think it's got to be the skin to skin contact. I never leak any other time. I can hand express a few drops, but when we cuddle I leak like mad.

Yea it must be skin to skin contact - I heard that have the baby pressed up against your skin while breastfeeding is a good idea, and is better for bonding, and your body might be practicing for that? ^_^
BTW my boob leaked just the teensiest bit the other night when Cody leaned on me XD so while I'm not having major leaks, at least I know they're working somewhat... Although I'm not as worried about it as I was, since you guys said it wasn't a big thing if I didn't leak before I give birth.
Although maybe you should ask your doctor (just to ask, not like it's probably anything big) because you're losing so much and so early? I don't think it would mess with your production, but it might possibly mess with when the baby is feeding by maybe getting too much in his mouth? Of course, this is all speculation - no medical fact or research behind this whatsoever sweatdrop

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
ZellyKat
I seriously hate April Fools day. I'm a super trusting person... and I build my friendships and relationships on trust. This day is just cruel. I can't believe anything anyone says and it makes me so depressed.

Last year, I locked myself in the bathroom at work to cry because of all the stupid jokes people come up with. "I broke up with my bf" "I lost your -insert object here-" "So my dog died..." Blah blah blah.

If people are gonna play jokes then they need to play an actual joke... that is funny. Like a can of worms, or small booby traps. Timing people, not cruel lies.

I am so glad I'm on bed rest today. That way I don't have to deal with people and their lies.

Btw, it was false labor all night after I finished posting. My mother in law helped me figure it out.

Yea, i'm tired of the April Fool's day thing... I'm SO freaking gullible... and I just know the people at work are going to try and join in, too, as if the prank calls aren't going to be bad enough... if anyone orders anything with anchovies on it, I'm hanging up on them.

I hope you feel better and that labor doesn't hit again until your body means it!
Kitakiy
Satil

Yea it must be skin to skin contact - I heard that have the baby pressed up against your skin while breastfeeding is a good idea, and is better for bonding, and your body might be practicing for that? ^_^
BTW my boob leaked just the teensiest bit the other night when Cody leaned on me XD so while I'm not having major leaks, at least I know they're working somewhat... Although I'm not as worried about it as I was, since you guys said it wasn't a big thing if I didn't leak before I give birth.
Although maybe you should ask your doctor (just to ask, not like it's probably anything big) because you're losing so much and so early? I don't think it would mess with your production, but it might possibly mess with when the baby is feeding by maybe getting too much in his mouth? Of course, this is all speculation - no medical fact or research behind this whatsoever sweatdrop

Well it's not like a flood or anything! Just some drips. Pressed up against him it makes a big mess, but that's because it's super sticky and spreads out like honey (though not that thick obviously). We went over leaking in one of my prenatal classes and they said it was perfectly fine to leak a ton or not at all and it's no indication of how your boobs will respond to your baby, though it is a good sign that they are capable of producing and have milk ducts that work. When I hand express I just get a few drops at a time, so I don't think it's quite time to worry about forceful letdown yet. smile
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Watermellon: I'm really hoping that everything is actually okay. sad .. the blood ( if it does happen ) will be .. very noticeably NOT spotting blood.. mine was small spotting.. and when there was actual RED blood, I went in. It ( for me at least ) was almost darker than menstrual blood.
I hope everything will turn out alright though... when do you have a next appointment?

Alright, nothing so far and I was talking to my friend who's mom has had like 12 kids and she said if I miscarried I'd be passing it already so I think I'm good. for now. I'm going to the same place I went last thursday and they can't get me till early wednesday morning or thursday I have to check...I wish it was sooner but I'm not bleeding right now so not too worried.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff