Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Kitakiy

I think by 2 weeks they need their weight gained BACK. But I'm not sure.. Ashton gained weight really fast. He was, and still is, a weed ! That kid grows so fast..

Satil: I'm always worried about it.. for different reasons. Ashton bruises like a banana, and his legs are usually covered in bruises and his face is normally scratched...
I'm always worried somebody may notice and call CPS on me.. sweatdrop
Also, the after birth blood is quite similar to the miscarriage, except for maybe a little more clotting..

Bleeding: The few hours after birth they have to press down on your uterus.. or rub it, whichever, and that makes you bleed BAD. Then, when you finally STAND for the first time.
Waterfall.
The first day after birth is .. insane.

Adorable Fatcat

When they are pressing down and rubbing your abdomen, they are checking to see if your uterus is shrinking back down to size like it should.

I don't know about anyone else, but it hurt like hell every time they did that to me....for about the first 36 hours or so.

And it seemed like I was losing gallons of blood, lol. It is like a period on steroids. >.<
SlightlyBurntCupcake: Oh my gosh, when they pushed down on my belly and I felt that first whoosh of blood, I was so grossed out. LOL. When I get nervous or scared I start cracking jokes and I was so full of jokes the moment the water broke till after I was sent to the recovery room.

Even now I have to joke if only to find the humor in walking around without a shirt and a receiving blanket on hand to help soak up the leaks. I just can't handle a bra at all time, especially at night.

Kitakiy: I had been having those pains for a couple weeks before hand, remember? I don't know what they would indicate. I thought they were labor and in others, it just might be. I don't remember loosing my plug at all, just the little gushes of water.

Lilith Delost: Hehehe, I used to shower with my parents when I was a kid. I really liked that. Sucks when they stopped because they were getting concerned that I was too old. Nudity really should be embraced.

Satil: I've already gone through two boxes of pads. I'm about to send my husband out to buy more soon.
----
I just saw another commercial for the "What to Expect" movie and I am dying. It looks so fricken funny. I hope I can take Kairi with us to see it. We should probably sit by a door... then again, most people who want to see that flick are probably parents or soon to be parents. They might not mind so much.
Mightelove
When they are pressing down and rubbing your abdomen, they are checking to see if your uterus is shrinking back down to size like it should.

I don't know about anyone else, but it hurt like hell every time they did that to me....for about the first 36 hours or so.

And it seemed like I was losing gallons of blood, lol. It is like a period on steroids. >.<
it didn't hurt bad. I was only a little sore.. but by that time they had given me vicodin once my epidural was removed. It sure does feel like a period on steroids. lol.

It still amazes me that we have this ability to forget the anxiety and fear and even the extent of the pain we put ourselves through. Not to mention how fast it happens. No wonder women keep going back for more.

Adorable Fatcat

Well, it may very well be because I had a c-section. I would guess that the uterus is more than a little traumatized after being sliced, diced, chopped, BBQ'd and put back together....>.>

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I liked that they pressed down for me.. with Ashton they told me to try to do it myself..
And obviously it hurt so I didn't really do it.. ever rofl

But UGH it was nasty... plus you also pee while they are doing it as well, gonk .
I hated it.

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Satil

Has anyone else had totally irrational fears of being deemed an unfit mother and having their child taken from them at the end of their pregnancies? I haven't felt like that at all until just recently. It's illogical and it's stupid but it's driving me insane and it's making me a basketcase.

I do and it's still that way for me.

Shameless Consumer

Babies should be back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks, or pretty close, is what my pediatrician told me.

@Mightelove: I had a c-section, and it hurt SO BAD for me too! I probably would've puked if I had to stand it more than a few seconds.

@Kitakiy: Are you sure he hasn't just dropped down into birth position? Those all sound like signs that he's just dropped waaaay low.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Shima Shinji

Love your new siggy.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Shima Shinji
Babies should be back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks, or pretty close, is what my pediatrician told me.

@Mightelove: I had a c-section, and it hurt SO BAD for me too! I probably would've puked if I had to stand it more than a few seconds.

@Kitakiy: Are you sure he hasn't just dropped down into birth position? Those all sound like signs that he's just dropped waaaay low.

I'm not looking forward to the belly pushing, because my belly has been so sore throughout this entire thing - but I imagine it's way worse for c-section mommies. Poor c-section mommies!!!!

She definately has dropped - or at least, two weeks ago i was 50% effaced which means she was down there, right?
I have an appointment tomorrow so we'll see how things go.
I keep hearing about ladies who go into their doctor's appointments and get sent right to the hospital to have their kid - so I'm really hoping I'm that lucky, but I sincerely doubt I will be XD
Also, definately don't want to be going into work tomorrow though.... I feel so lame and lazy, but three hours of work tonight and I was sore as ******** >.>

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
So. I don't know how I feel about it right now, but everyone keep asking or saying that I look like I am going to pop.

Here is a picture of 27 weeks(which was Saturday)

User Image

Do I really look that big? BE HONEST! Please. I won't hate anyone or anything. I am just curious...

Clean Raider

Azlein
So. I don't know how I feel about it right now, but everyone keep asking or saying that I look like I am going to pop.

Do I really look that big? BE HONEST! Please. I won't hate anyone or anything. I am just curious...
I don't think so at all. But everyone carries differently. I know people keep saying the same to me too but it's still early!!!

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Azlein

No, it doesn't look like you're about to pop! WTH? Lately people have been telling me that, but I really do lol... but no... you definately do not, and it sounds like people are just being obnoxious and trying to find something to say and can't think of anything, so they're making up insensitive comments. People love to share their opinions on preggy ladies - whether they're actually 'helping' or not.
Ignore them lol. You look pregnant, but not popping pregnant. For gods sake, you still have an innie XD (though i guess some people just always have an innie)

Kawaii Demigod

20,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Kitakiy
Azlein

No, it doesn't look like you're about to pop! WTH? Lately people have been telling me that, but I really do lol... but no... you definately do not, and it sounds like people are just being obnoxious and trying to find something to say and can't think of anything, so they're making up insensitive comments. People love to share their opinions on preggy ladies - whether they're actually 'helping' or not.
Ignore them lol. You look pregnant, but not popping pregnant. For gods sake, you still have an innie XD (though i guess some people just always have an innie)

Mine is still firmly attached. I can feel it from the inside. O.o

I noticed that my boob belly ratio has stayed the same the whole time. So when I look down, I don't really notice ANY difference at all... O.o it's so weird for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff