Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Greedy Receiver

Digital Fiend
My mil snapped at me {she's never mean, just very...crisp?} because I reached behind my head for a pillow. None of the doctors I've seen have said that if I do that the cord will wrap around his neck.

And quite honestly, he's more rambunctious than ever. {Still only at night though. Makes sleeping difficult if I'm not exhausted}.

I mean, I'm not going to lie. If I can get away with someone else doing something, I ask. But at the same time, when someone asks me to do something 9/10 I'll do it.

My doctor pretty much flat-out told me that old tales like that are just that, old wives tales. It seems most women of our past generation weren’t required to do much of anything and when medical practice was rusty and uncertain they didn’t want women to do much to ensure no issues would arise to have to have medical assistance. Scare tactics were best to prevent that, you know?

Oh, and don’t get me wrong, haha. I do the same sometimes. Maybe my ankles or hands are just too swollen at the time, maybe the contractions (Braxton Hicks) are too annoying or maybe I just feel too exhausted to get up and do something. I feel ya, I feel ya. wink

Shirtless Informer

This is annoying. I want to buy an amber teething necklace from Inspired By Finn. Been trying over and over for the past several days with no success. The payment won't go through. I guess something is messed up with their payment thing (It redirects us to paypal and paypal is like lolno) and it won't accept Hubbys' card. Messaging them hasn't helped whatsoever so far. So, tonight I say 'F them' and go check out my backup amber place and the one I want is sold out. I just can't F-ing win. scream

The necklaces:
http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/mt/713/85563/115-to-125-inch-Raw-AmberLemonade
http://www.amberartisans.com/amtebr1.html

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
So, last Saturday, Eevs treated me and her to a bed and breakfast for our anniversary. It's called the Hammel House Inn, located in Waynesville, OH. It's supposed to be the most haunted inn in the most haunted town.

The inn itself is very accomidating. Since we were spending the night, we had free access to the fountain drinks and coffee maker. Plus they had free pie slices in the little mini fridge for us. Only one staff member spends the night with the guests. You're given a key for the front door and of course for your room.

And if you like antiques {and by antiques, they had stuff from the 90s in most of the shops}, there are around 10 antique shops on Main Street. Some specializes in gardens, the home, or knick knacks.

There is this one shop, called the girlfriend's shoppe. Locally owned by all females. Each specializes in different things: candies, aprons, coffees, and soaps. They had cupcake soaps. They looked good enough to eat, sprinkles included. If I was having a girl and had the money, I would totally have bought them for baby shower favors.

We took the 10 dollar ghost tour, it's run by a quaker museum. They do three different types of tours, but only one of them is done in October. The tour guides are local volunteers that just do it to raise money for the museum. Our guide was a kid during WWII, and knew most of the people that had been haunted personally. It was really wonderful, but I like small town settings {We live in mostly country}. Eevs and I were the two youngest on the tour {our guide thought she was 13, but she's older than I am by 6 months}, the other people looked like they were in their 50s-60s. They were really fun though.

But really, if you're ever able to stay at the Hammel Inn, I recommend it, just because of how nice and friendly everyone is. Although it's an anti-coke product town.
Kitakiy
Glad someone cleared up the breastfeeding and pregnant thing. Seems like every doctor has completely different opinions on everything, but to me it wouldn't make sense for breastmilk to 'go bad' during pregnancy.

I hate my Babygo. I was so excited when my auntie got it for me, but Ive tried it a few times and it's super uncomfortable and I'm pretty sure Luna hates it. It squishes my tummy crying

Not sure what the problem is but Luna has been crying quite a lot lately....

And I'm finally going to the lactation consultant tomorrow.... I really hope they can figure things out for me.,.. and if need be, I'll use the n****e shield again.... but feedings have gotten even worse... she's cranky after her feedings even though I know she's getting food... She seems to get frustrated at the end of the feedings, and acts like she's hungry but won't latch or latches and doesn't eat. I did give her a bottle of formula today cry but it didn't make anything better.... she still got upset after eating, my nipples were just as sore during the next feeding, except she spit up a teensy bit more (a bunch of little spit-ups all over the place - not enough to be worried though, she kept most of it down). I've been burping her and snuggling her and playing with her and rubbing her back and rubbing her belly and keeping WAY up with her diaper changes and she's still just.... not happy.... I'm hoping the lactation consultants can shed some light, otherwise if she keeps this up I'm going to take her to the doctor, because her fussiness has gotten worse it seems...
I'm not really upset with her fussiness anymore... I just want my baby to be happy... I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because she just seems so.... sad..... crying
Daddy's girl

ok lets go over a give it a try list. have you tried giving her grip water?sometimes even with good burping baby can still get gassy and mad. when she gets fussy like that does she start act like she's trying to stretch? that's another good sign that she's just getting gassy.
hope that they're able to help when you go see them let us know how she's doing k. *big hugs*
lil kitty
Eisefin
Digital Fiend
My mil snapped at me {she's never mean, just very...crisp?} because I reached behind my head for a pillow. None of the doctors I've seen have said that if I do that the cord will wrap around his neck.

And quite honestly, he's more rambunctious than ever. {Still only at night though. Makes sleeping difficult if I'm not exhausted}.

I mean, I'm not going to lie. If I can get away with someone else doing something, I ask. But at the same time, when someone asks me to do something 9/10 I'll do it.

My doctor pretty much flat-out told me that old tales like that are just that, old wives tales. It seems most women of our past generation weren’t required to do much of anything and when medical practice was rusty and uncertain they didn’t want women to do much to ensure no issues would arise to have to have medical assistance. Scare tactics were best to prevent that, you know?

Oh, and don’t get me wrong, haha. I do the same sometimes. Maybe my ankles or hands are just too swollen at the time, maybe the contractions (Braxton Hicks) are too annoying or maybe I just feel too exhausted to get up and do something. I feel ya, I feel ya. wink
all those old teals are why i'm so glad most of my older family is still alive. when i had my first baby my great grandmother told me to never be still and not to change my work routine no matter what a doc told me lol. all her kids where born at home using mid wives while her grand kids were born during the time docs were using the twilight sleep meds and more mothers and babies were dieing then ever before in the us so she was worried when the next gen started coming around

Adorable Fatcat

Eisefin
Digital Fiend
I just find it funny because most of the people that have freaked out on me have been pregnant at least three times.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm accidently giving up the secret that pregnant women {unless otherwise stated} can still do plenty of things. My nephew is only 48lbs. I know enough that his older sibling and their cousin are out of the question when it comes to picking up. They hate that, they're used to me being a jungle gym.

A little something I learned from most pregnant women I have ever associated with during my lifetime is that they didn’t want people to know that they could still do things. I mean, holy crap, during my first pregnancy I worked all the way up until my due date, lifting what was still within my limit, and did everything all around pretty independently that I knew I still could while my sister-in-law (a month and a half behind me in pregnancy at the time) refused to do anything. She wouldn’t even get off the couch to get herself something to eat or drink. She made her husband do everything and complained about everything. I’m glad it seems like a majority of women these days don’t behave much like she did.

I cannot imagine why people wouldn’t want us to do things independently or have fun. I like to drum on my belly a bit while shopping or have my little man hang off my shoulders with his hips cushioned on my tummy and people flip a tit! I’ve heard things like “You’re going to crush the baby”, “The cord is going to wrap around his/her neck”, “That will make your baby retarded”, et cetera. It’s just… People! Rah! emotion_facepalm

xd

I got tired of saying, "I'm pregnant, not broken."

Though I did have a lot more problems with the second pregnancy. My hips hurt so bad, I generally had a hell of a time walking by the end of the day. But I worked until March 31 and my due date was April 4. My manager didn't think I would make it. About six weeks out I noticed she started showing up at 5 a.m. on days I worked instead of 8 a.m. like she usually did. I told her she didn't have to, but I guess she didn't believe I would make it. HA! I say, HA! Take that, you!

There are some things it just becomes logistically impossible to do. Lifting big boxes is not great because you have to hold them so far forward. Climbing ladders/stepstools because your balance is off and you can't see your feet.....that kind of stuff.
HI all.
I am 23 and pregnant with my second.
I have a beautiful little girl called Willow Paige.
I am due 06 September 2012.

Can't wait!!
I used to be so addicted to gaia a few years ago. But I do miss this place a little.

Shameless Consumer

Kitakiy
Glad someone cleared up the breastfeeding and pregnant thing. Seems like every doctor has completely different opinions on everything, but to me it wouldn't make sense for breastmilk to 'go bad' during pregnancy.

I hate my Babygo. I was so excited when my auntie got it for me, but Ive tried it a few times and it's super uncomfortable and I'm pretty sure Luna hates it. It squishes my tummy crying

And I'm finally going to the lactation consultant tomorrow.... I really hope they can figure things out for me.,.. and if need be, I'll use the n****e shield again.... but feedings have gotten even worse... she's cranky after her feedings even though I know she's getting food... She seems to get frustrated at the end of the feedings, and acts like she's hungry but won't latch or latches and doesn't eat. I did give her a bottle of formula today cry but it didn't make anything better.... she still got upset after eating, my nipples were just as sore during the next feeding, except she spit up a teensy bit more (a bunch of little spit-ups all over the place - not enough to be worried though, she kept most of it down). I've been burping her and snuggling her and playing with her and rubbing her back and rubbing her belly and keeping WAY up with her diaper changes and she's still just.... not happy.... I'm hoping the lactation consultants can shed some light, otherwise if she keeps this up I'm going to take her to the doctor, because her fussiness has gotten worse it seems...
I'm not really upset with her fussiness anymore... I just want my baby to be happy... I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because she just seems so.... sad..... crying

Sounds like it could be reflux, if she's spitting up often. Does she squirm and arch her back when she's crying? Have you tried propping her up to sleep or just keeping her upright after feedings?
Lilah-Clover
HI all.
I am 23 and pregnant with my second.
I have a beautiful little girl called Willow Paige.
I am due 06 September 2012.

Can't wait!!
I used to be so addicted to gaia a few years ago. But I do miss this place a little.

Hello! congratulations! I'm 18 and pregnant with my first aha ^_^
(i know, but i have a full time job and a house and have an apprenticeship lined up so I'm not a bum!)
I had a dream that I was breastfeeding. I miss that most, I think, from having a baby around. I think it was baby Aden in the dream but I can't really remember. I can already tell its going to be a wicked baby fever day...which obviously is not easy at my job. sad

Clean Raider

Pregnancy dreams are such a weird thing. Most times I don't remember things, but this last one I had was insane. Retail work, old guy comes up and is trying to cover all the bar codes for things and I ring everything up and it's all the same item description, looking at his stuff it should be like 80 dollars, and he tried payign 5 dollars for it. I had pushed his cart back a little and he pushed the cart and then pushed me down so I went of in his face about how next time he should think aout pushing a pregnant lady down for the wonderful reason of misscarriages and starting early labor. There was a lady behind him that hit him and he ran away.
Then I'm working at a different desk and Keith is buying $300 worth of purple colored paints for our apartment along with some other stuff that totalled up to $600 because our vacuum exploded all over the living room. (My walls are this pink beige color that really needs to be repainted anyways but I don't wanna put the time or money into it.).. I rolled my eyes at him in the dream because he didn't even buy a new vacuum or say he was going to clean it up.

whee
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Pregnancy dreams are such a weird thing. Most times I don't remember things, but this last one I had was insane. Retail work, old guy comes up and is trying to cover all the bar codes for things and I ring everything up and it's all the same item description, looking at his stuff it should be like 80 dollars, and he tried payign 5 dollars for it. I had pushed his cart back a little and he pushed the cart and then pushed me down so I went of in his face about how next time he should think aout pushing a pregnant lady down for the wonderful reason of misscarriages and starting early labor. There was a lady behind him that hit him and he ran away.
Then I'm working at a different desk and Keith is buying $300 worth of purple colored paints for our apartment along with some other stuff that totalled up to $600 because our vacuum exploded all over the living room. (My walls are this pink beige color that really needs to be repainted anyways but I don't wanna put the time or money into it.).. I rolled my eyes at him in the dream because he didn't even buy a new vacuum or say he was going to clean it up.

whee

I don't remember any weird pregnancy dreams...but really, I have weird enough dreams as it is. Take last night's dream. Breastfeeding was the normal part... I was at some weird place that looked like work but it was home, and Tyler had a Motorhead tattoo on his a**. Haha

Adorable Fatcat

Kitakiy

I know how you feel. You are, very much more than likely, not doing anything wrong. It sounds to me like she is colicky. Unfortunately, if it's colic, there's not a damn thing you can do. Zoe was like this. She cried 10-18 hours a day for four months straight. It was just about more than I could take. I was actually lucky that I lived with my parents at the time. Between the four of us, we were all able to stay semi-sane. I am so sorry that you are basically dealing with this on your own. It's really hard and stressful.

Just remember that you're doing everything right. You're doing everything you can. You're a great mom, you really are. Really, really, really. You're not doing anything wrong.

This is just something some of us have to deal with. It sucks a**, but I think we come out better on the other side, lady. Nothing will teach you more patience and stress endurance than dealing with a baby that just won't be happy. >.<

If your baby is dry, warm, and fed and you're giving her plenty of attention, then you're doing everything right and everything that you can. Stick with it, girl. It sucks, but it does get better. I promise.
It's so hard to stay hydrated in this heat. I spent all yesterday chugging water, and still ended up waking up with a huge dehydration headache, dizziness, etc. :/ My SO still needs to install our other AC, so the house just gets so hot. I don't remember the midwest being this hot last year. gonk

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Had a semi rough night with Travis.. I drank a coke at dinner, and it kept him up ALL NIGHT.
He didn't go to bed until 11.. and slept for about 4 hours. Then was up almost every hour to an hour and a half after that... ;_;

But Ashton was a DOLL this morning! I'm so proud of him. I knew Travis was going to pass out for a good nap after his night, so I cuddled up on the couch and took advantage. Ashton just sat in the living room and played quietly on the iPad and his toys, while watching TV,.

If he needed to show me something he woke me up nicely.. but all together, he nearly played and behaved for a good 2 hours.

I'm taking him out for ice cream later for being such a good boy 3nodding

And no, he wasn't neglected or abandoned, it was a big cat nap for me, I peeked at him every 20 minutes or so.. and since I'm such a light sleeper I would have woken up at the slightest sign

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff