Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
My Mom signed up for a magazine and sent me the subscription instead so I used to give Raevyn those to tear up hoping she'd stop destroying everything else. At the end of the day I'd have a partially shredded magazine with bits all over the place but it kind of encouraged the behavior so I stopped... She's old enough to understand the difference between the things she can and can't tear up but she just tears it all up equally. sweatdrop

I pretty much stick to buying her things she can't tear up like the MLP plushies but Lovie and I will see a light up bracelet or a wand or whatever and have to get it for her. (She's spoiled. I can't help it. I have always wanted children and she's just so damn adorable sometimes ninja )

The only advice my mom and sister can give me is "Talk to her doctor". She doesn't have a doctor here and I'm not taking her to a doctor because she breaks things. o_O They're partially convinced she's got a behavioral problem. Some doctor will want to put her on ADHD medication or something just because she's hanging on to a habit she should have outgrown by now. Taking her to a therapist would be equally pointless as she's still too little to talk to somebody about stuff like that. gonk

Although I did have some success. Lovie had double copies of two of his Game Informers and I gave them to Raevyn because she kept going in my room to look at them. I told her "Be careful with these. They're Daddy's so you CAN NOT tear them up. He likes them." That was sometime last week. They're still intact thus far. o.o I dunno why that hasn't worked with anything else though. I tell her something is mine and very important and she tears it up anyway. Like my Cheshire Cat plushie backpack. And my Rainbow Dash backpack. crying
Mississippi Black Velvet
Fuzzypeachlover
I am asking for a friend since she doesn't have an account. Her daughter whom is 16 months is cutting some teeth and none of the tricks/pain meds are working too well and her daughter has gotten to the point now she is starting to refusing to nurse or eat and she can't get her daughter in to the doctor until Monday and the ER would be a 8+ hour wait.

Anyone got any tips?

What all has she tried?

Frozen wash clothes, teething rings (frozen of course), tylonel, baby oral gel, chilled apple sauce, pretty much the normal stuff that parents try.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Very little is more frustrating than when I am talking about going over to my moms house and I am interrupted in the middle to be told that 'we have a lot to do around the house today', especially when he already slept in an hour after me and then went right back to sleep for half an hour, and when he did finally get up he went straight to the couch to play on his phone and watch a movie.

If there's soft waking much to do that you feel like you have to interrupt me to tell me so, then why aren't you doing a damn thing? Is it really that hard to just listen to me complete my thought before you make a decision and then do nothing about it?

He is driving me up a wall.

Also, I had a minor success today with the dog- she finally pooped outside- and I praised her a lot.... Then thirty minutes later I find a giant ******** pee puddle!!!!! I give up.
Digital Fiend
KnitsyBitsy

Problem is, because it's been so long, I'm uncomfortable with being seductive. sad

Does he or you like back rubs or massages of any kind? It wouldn't necessarily be sexual, but it would give you guys some you time where you focus on each other's bodies.

Do you guys still cuddle fairly often at least?

Sorry if I'm not being helpful, I'm trying to think of things that are intimate like or can be intimate but without the sexual pressure that you two seem to be feeling.

I rub his back a lot (he loves back rubs) and we snuggle a bit - Not for long cause he gets too warm! We're loving and... borderline intimate in other ways... just not so far as feeling sexual at all!
Kegokec
Knitsy - Start off like you two just started dating. razz Hold hands. Cuddle. Kiss. Work your way up naturally and see how he responds. :O

Hahaha when we started dating we had lots of sex! rofl
That's a nice idea though... go out on a date night and let the night progress as it would've three years ago.
Keg: I agree with Digi, try giving her things she IS allowed to tear up. Maddy LOOOOVES cutting paper... so I make sure she knows she's allowed to cut HER paper. She's got a stack of scrap paper and old magazines and construction paper.

If that doesn't work, then just don't buy her any paper stuff and retry every 6 months.

She's 3 years old, she's old enough to talk and understand. You under estimate her. I could easily talk to Maddy when she was 3 (wasn't that long ago haha).

Hardcore Muse

Fuzzypeachlover

Frozen wash clothes, teething rings (frozen of course), tylonel, baby oral gel, chilled apple sauce, pretty much the normal stuff that parents try.

If she's not wanting to nurse, eat, or drink I'd go ahead and take her to the doctor even if it means having to wait in the emergency room for so many hours because it could be an ear infection or something else causing the problems on top of teething.
Even when Sophia's mouth is still really bothering her she'll still nurse, eat a little, and even drink.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Stephanie - I tried with magazines. I'd rather just throw her stuff away than spend every day cleaning up shredded magazine bits AND the other things she breaks.

And I'm not really underestimating her. My child is brilliant (Or so I think XP) but she doesn't talk very well when it comes to emotions/reasons why she did stuff. She can tell me stories and colors and animals and what's going on but if you ask her WHY she did something, she just starts babbling like she can't talk and looking around and pointing at things and gets really uncomfortable. Whenever I ask her why she pooped in her panties instead of going in the potty, she regresses a whole year speech wise and absolutely will NOT talk about things. Same thing happens if I ask her why she breaks things. She's just not capable of understanding why she did things she KNOWS she shouldn't or communicating about them. She's gotten sent to her room and punished multiple times for babbling like an idiot instead of speaking and it doesn't help, which leads me to believe she simply can't. She breaks down in tears so I'm fairly certain she's not just being stubborn about it. I don't trust counselors anyway as I went through 5 myself.
Mississippi Black Velvet
Fuzzypeachlover

If she's not wanting to nurse, eat, or drink I'd go ahead and take her to the doctor even if it means having to wait in the emergency room for so many hours because it could be an ear infection or something else causing the problems on top of teething.
Even when Sophia's mouth is still really bothering her she'll still nurse, eat a little, and even drink.

I'll let her know that you agree with me about taking her to the ER. If it was Sapphire, Grayson or Crystal I would have been "Screw it, we are going to the ER." I can understand not wanting to go because the wait times are stupidly long due to the construction going on but it is better then letting her daughter get really sick and having to be hospitalized due to something like dehydration or worse.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Keg: You could always give her a time to shred up paper and then work with her on cleaning it up herself or at least help you.

If she's having trouble expressing her emotions, you could try giving her choices. "Did you do this because you felt blank or because you felt blank?" You could also try drawing or getting pictures of different emotions and maybe letting her point them out if you don't want to take her to counselors.

I'm not going to lie, it might be really frustrating until she gets used to it. Maybe try explaining your feelings to her to encourage that behavior. "Mommy didn't mean to yell, she got upset, but I'm not upset at you." or "I'm having so much fun, mommy is happy because she's spending time with her Raevyn."

*Edit* I mean like a picture board of emotions that you can keep up in the apartment somewhere.

Hardcore Muse

Fuzzypeachlover
Mississippi Black Velvet
Fuzzypeachlover

I'll let her know that you agree with me about taking her to the ER. If it was Sapphire, Grayson or Crystal I would have been "Screw it, we are going to the ER." I can understand not wanting to go because the wait times are stupidly long due to the construction going on but it is better then letting her daughter get really sick and having to be hospitalized due to something like dehydration or worse.

Oh definitely agree with you there and it does sound like a possible ear infection if she's not even wanting to nurse. Poor thing. sad

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Digi - That's a good idea with the 'paper time'. :O I didn't think of that. Maybe I could try that with her crayons too. A certain amount of time at a certain time each day.

She understands emotions. To the point where if I'm sad she will ask me "Are you happy?Are you? Are you? Are you sad Mommy? Are you mad?" until I have to raise my voice at her to tell her to stop cuz I've answered her a dozen times. xD She has a game on her leappad that teaches different emotions. But she can't vocalize why she's done something. The only thing she'll say when I ask her why she pooped on herself that is actual words (And it's almost every time) is "Daddy's gone all day" or "Daddy's at work/class". So unless she's pooping herself BECAUSE he's gone, IDK. Cuz she'll poop herself even when he's home and Lovie asks her why she did it and she babbles at him too. I've tried 'leading' her answers in the hopes that she'd tell me something even if she was just parroting. "Did you not know you needed to go?" "Do you not like the potty?" "Isn't that uncomfortable?" But she just locks down..

I love Raevyn more than anything but for some stuff I just have zero patience because I feel like she's too smart to be doing things. I forget she's only 3 1/2...But there are still habits she should have outgrown.
Mississippi Black Velvet
Fuzzypeachlover
Mississippi Black Velvet
Fuzzypeachlover

Oh definitely agree with you there and it does sound like a possible ear infection if she's not even wanting to nurse. Poor thing. sad

It really does sound like a possible ear infection. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
; - ;
I got Aaliyah to kick a ball yesterday, and we kicked back and forth a bit too, it was so darn cute.
Also, I got her to try brushing her teeth last night with me, she copied me for at least the front teeth before she got the smiles and stopped so she could try and brush my teeth instead.
Her words so far:
Up, hello, the Arabic words for Grandma and Grandpa, Thank you, mum and dad<3

Bl
I am so damn proud of all the things she can do now, and all the things she's trying to do.

Feral Kitten

Mia knows Mama, Dada, Daddy, Baba (bottle), mine, cat, nana, papa, hi and bye.

Her favorite thing to say right now is "Bye mine dada" or "Bye mine daddy".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff