Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Lucky Star

I gave in and made an appointment to get my tattoo done lol. I never spend money on myself..
And like I said Kyle got a $500 tattoo back in November... But it was a cover up he needed badly lol he let some guy freehand a cross on his back while he was drunk for $10 emotion_facepalm
I got Kyle's name as his birthday present after we got married...So he got mine. I don't see it as bad luck... I see it as a reminder that you don't quit a marriage over something little, stuff can be worked through....So unless he does something real ******** up that's worth the pain of getting it covered (it's on my foot ouch! ) then we can work it out lol
We also have matching tattoos,.Cyrus' handprint, but I have his name and kyle has his birthday.

The heart on my wrist was done in some guys house...after he smoked weed...It's.scarred in one spot but actually pretty perfect. I drew it on and he went over it with the tattoo machine
My zodiac sign was done at a shop, but I HATE it. It just looks stamped on, it's not pretty in any way...

Ink master.....I think sausage should have won lol.
But it would be sweet to have a tattoo done by someone on it.
@ Jason: For custody!

@ Sammii: I love love love our Bat-toos. It's just the newer Batman symbol - mine's on the back of my neck, Tyler's is on his wrist. Lots of the older un-nerd-ucated people at work just think it's a bat. razz

@ Digital: Know what's really cool that I've seen a bit of? Having a "good guy" sleeve, and villain sleeve. So ******** cool. I would LOVE to have totally geeky sleeves.

@ Rachuul: OMG I'm DYING for a soot sprites tattoo too. I saw one on Pinterest, this girl has a few on her foot, and one up by her collarbone, like he got lost. I'm also thinking about just the silhouettes of Totoro and the little Totoros. I dunno where though. Would be cute on a hip bone, but alas, I have a post-babies body. Hah

So we spoke to a lawyer, just on the phone. Tyler got a little psyched out by his rates, but if we want someone who's really going to fight for us, we're going to have to pay them real money. My shitty legal aid lawyer did ******** all, and I still have to pay her $1200. A lot less, of course, than what a real lawyer will cost us, but it'll be well worth it.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I just love Harley. So much. We've thought about Joker/Harley tattoos, except Joker is a huge douche, ya know?

I want a water color sleeve. They're just so beautiful and stunning.
Teeth: My teeth are actually in pretty good shape. I have always had dental insurance and had orthodontics done in HS. Ive only ever had one cavity and it was when I was a kid and it was in a baby tooth so they just took the tooth. I've had four teeth out so the ortho would go right. All four of my wisdom teeth showed up on the xray they did so they wanted to be sure they wouldn't screw up the work once they actually came in. They estimated I'd have all four teeth around 22 and over the last 6 or 7 months I've gotten 2 so they were pretty close. I didn't even know they were coming in and they haven't bothered me at all. I just hate the dentist so much I haven't been. I didn't go at all while I was pregnant so I finally went for a check up/cleaning a couple weeks ago for the first time in about 2 years. The sucky part about my teeth is I have a permanent retainer in behind my front teeth. You can't see it but it is a royal pain in the a** to brush.

@Torch: I would have been absolutely livid. Thats the kind of crap that would have me staying at my moms.

Tattoos: I would like a tattoo very much. Jake hates them though so it makes me a little iffy. I'd like something done in full color which I know is expensive. I'd want to go to a very good shop but don't have a clue what I would want. I found a really neat peacock tattoo but I don't really like peacocks. I don't know. Nothing really sticks out at me as something I'd love on my body forever.
Oh I forgot about watercolor tattoos. I SO want one done up by my best friend. She does AMAZING watercolor work which I LOVE.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Knitsy: yeahhhh!! I even thought about doing them on the side of my wrist. So adorable! I love tattoos like that... Probably consider them after I go through the pain of finishing my chest piece crying
Knitsy
@ Jason: For custody!

@ Sammii: I love love love our Bat-toos. It's just the newer Batman symbol - mine's on the back of my neck, Tyler's is on his wrist. Lots of the older un-nerd-ucated people at work just think it's a bat. razz

@ Digital: Know what's really cool that I've seen a bit of? Having a "good guy" sleeve, and villain sleeve. So ******** cool. I would LOVE to have totally geeky sleeves.

@ Rachuul: OMG I'm DYING for a soot sprites tattoo too. I saw one on Pinterest, this girl has a few on her foot, and one up by her collarbone, like he got lost. I'm also thinking about just the silhouettes of Totoro and the little Totoros. I dunno where though. Would be cute on a hip bone, but alas, I have a post-babies body. Hah

So we spoke to a lawyer, just on the phone. Tyler got a little psyched out by his rates, but if we want someone who's really going to fight for us, we're going to have to pay them real money. My shitty legal aid lawyer did ******** all, and I still have to pay her $1200. A lot less, of course, than what a real lawyer will cost us, but it'll be well worth it.

I was thinking about tramp stamping the classic black on yellow one, but only in solid black (I don't like coloured tattoos). But the plans I have for this tree/side tattoo may have a branch wrapping around my side too much to let be get it without the two interfering with each other.
Teeth: mine were great before being pregnant. I had one molar that needed attention but I never got a chance to. While pregnant with Emmett, it got worse and the rest of my teeth got kinda gross from throwing up. After Belanna, they're simply awful. I want to go to a dentist so badly, but until we have clearance on the credit card to pay the bill, I really can't. Meanwhile my teeth get worse and worse :/

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Marquess de Sade

I hope your luck changes soon. It is frustrating when things seem to constantly go wrong. Also I have the same stupid retainer thing behind my front teeth.

Jason0690

Tooth pain can be awful! You are constantly swallowing, talking, opening/closing your mouth so it is constantly there.

Boesen Moo

Anybody making plans for Father's Day?

Gerry and I are going to my parent's house. My husband has rehearsal for the entire day so I will get him something next weekend.

Call Me Stephanie
Teeth: I haven't been to a dentist in ages because of lack of insurance. I'm scared to go... I know my pregnancy with Maddy really messed up my gums and Lily's didn't help matters... and I think I broke a filling in my back tooth 'cause it feels more jagged than the other side's tooth.. but it doesn't hurt so I'll have to keep putting it off. Dental care is so expensive >_<

Are there any dental schools in the area? Sometimes they will do cleanings for very cheap or free because the students need to practice on people. At the very least if you can get a cleaning you will find out if there is something really bad going on or if it is safe to keep putting stuff off.

Tattoos: I have one on my ankle of two cats intertwined in a heart shape. I want to get a Celtic salmon somewhere on my body but I refuse to get another tattoo until I am 100% sure what I want. I need to get a tattoo in a place where it can be covered if necessary. My tattoo is visible a lot when I am working on a boat but if anyone were to complain I can cover it with my rubber boots.

Today is Gerry's 1st birthday party.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Swimming Babies

This was in the NYT this week. I think the photos are pretty awesome. Gerry has been in a pool since 2 months, but we do not do the self-rescue classes at this point. It is something we will consider in the future. My friend has done this with all 3 of her kids.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Happy Birthday Gerard! Remember through life, just keep swimming.

Today my cousin's son turns 1 and today is my bil 's birthday.

Liberal Receiver

Local colleges are a good idea, you'll still be paying a bit, but it's significantly less than if you went full-fledged dentist. I think my dad paid 150 for exam and cleaning of an abscessed tooth with minimal dental insurance at aspen dental. He's going to have to shell out another 150 for the extraction.
Whereas the local college says that all treatments are 15$ or less per treatment(Free, if a staff member or a student.), but they don't do extractions which is what he needs, therefor, why he didn't go to the local college.

The reason I'm not going to them is the dentist we have an appointment with has last year's records and I don't have to pay for any exam or cleaning. I don't know about fillings because I haven't had a filling in over five years, but I know that extractions were covered.

As for swimmin';
I don't remember how, or when exactly I started Kalen on swimming. I know he was young, when he was less than a year old I took him out to what for me, when sitting, was hip-deep water so he could watch the fish, and sometimes with his wrap I'd go out to what is waist-deep for me so he could feel a bit of weightlessness and practice feet kicking.
Eventually I progressed to a floaty with a seat, so he could move about on his own.
After that, it's a fog.
I remember that I pretty much lived in the water when I was a little kid though. Like, if I wasn't pruney, I hadn't been in the water long enough yet - which really annoyed my dad XD

Also related to swimming;
Kalen, like me, has a defective valve of hasner.
In layman's terms, water goes up our noses whether or not we try to block off water from entering because the valve that's supposed to block you from shooting fluid out of your tear ducts just totally gives up. At least, I was told they were related, whether they are truly or not, I haven't be able to figure out.
So, we can shoot milk out our tear ducts, though I haven't done so in a long time so I might not be able to.(tear duct infections.) This was actually how I found out that Kalen has the same thing, because he was all 'DADDY! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!" *Shoots milk out of tear duct, across kitchen table.*
eek
"Honey, please don't do that again."

We have come full circle. I have turned into my dad. rofl
@Ara: Thanks. This bad luck just has had me feeling pessimisstic which I don't like so hopefully some good things happen. The hygenist who cleaned my teeth pretty much said there's not a really good way to keep the retainer clean =(

Also, happy birthday Gerard!

Swimming: Laynie likes the pool but we haven't got her in classes. I want to take her today but I think it'll be too cold and I still haven't bought a swim suit for myself.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
James still has yet to experience it, but last time at the pool William decided that jumping in was more fun.

He would climb out of my dad's inground pool and
I would be like a goalie pacing back and forth following him. He does NOT want to be held. We are getting him a better floatie so he doesn't need us to hold him, just watch and be near.

There was a girl around William's age, and there were times where she was the only one in the pool; a lot of that time none of the grown ups even loomed in her direction. It was so annoying.

Heroic Mage

Father's Day: Damien and I made Yoshi a picture for his office, and we're going out to dinner + Yoshi gets to sleep in. Sunday's his day to sleep in anyway, though.

Tattoos: I hate needles too much to get a tattoo, but sometimes I wish I could. I'd get Damien's newborn footprint, and probably something BioShock-y.

Swimming: Yoshi and I can't swim. lol I tried to learn as a kid and failed miserably, and Yoshi has a neuromuscular disease. He can't move well in water. We'll probably wait until he's older for swim lessons, because it's not like we're ever near water/a swimming pool.

Gerard's one already?! Happy Birthday Gerard!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff