Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Call Me Stephanie
Shadowed: I LOVE THAT SHIRT!

Digi: Maddy seems to like it. smile

I do stupid s**t ALL OF THE TIME... That's what unmediated bipolar disorder will do to you >_< But seriously, Brandon has slammed breaks on harder than needed and I've done quite a number of things in anger... A LOT. >_<

Sade: Ahh... I'd LOVE an office job. I don't know why. I think I romanticized it... but I really would.

Kayla: That's... insane... the longest Brandon and I have gone was 2 months and that was because he was in basic and then in tech school! And in tech school we had phone sex! There's GOT to be something going on... not cheating maybe but there's got to be something else. Has he seen a doctor? Could be an issue with that... or a counselor, there's definitely got to be something mental or physical going on. Is he freaking out about the idea of kids? Or the wedding? I dunno but he's had GOT to talk to you about it. If you can't talk about something like this how are you going to parent together or be married or etc. Communication is KEY to a relationship.

Keg: Look into a rescue or shelter for a dog.

Velvet: Yeah I'm sooo excited. Been ages since I've been swimming.

He just says he's got to get through it himself. I've suggested a doctor... but he's got the "typical" man-fear of the doctor - counselling, nope... not for him. I trust that he'll get over whatever is bothering him... but I wish he'd at least try. He's never selfish about other things, but with this, he doesn't seem to realize that it's not just about him.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Swimming: I can't wait til the pools are open
Almost just one more month!!!
Keg: Rescues have pure breds and you'd be surprised how many pure end up in shelters as well as "mutts" sad

If she destroys things, then take it all away except a few small things she can't break.

Kayla: It's been 11 months... and he hasn't gotten past it... and your wedding is coming up... obviously he needs help.

Digi: I wish they'd open now... it's warm enough for them to! Fricken 70-80 days already X_X

Sparkly Smoker

@Kego: Look into breed specific rescues. My uncle gets his all of his Cocker Spaniels from the breed rescue down here. Boxers are great though! I have a American Pit Bull Terrier / Boxer mix. She's precious!

As for the toy situations, I agree with Stephanie. Explain why you're taking the toys away and start rewarding her when she shows she can play with them like a big girl.

@Knitsy: Until he gives up what's bothering him I can only guess. Maybe he has low testosterone levels? Or is he depressed? Maybe he's just as nervous as you are? You could try seducing him to "break the ice." You know, when he comes home from work be laying on the bed nekkie or whatever. I'm the one who usually refuses so I've never had to deal with this before. Sorry if I'm not helping. gonk

Hardcore Muse

Steph:
Ugh, swim extra for me.
crying

I think this summer we're going to get Sophia a kiddie pool. I would love to be able to get a nice above ground one but that's just money we don't have.
U_U

Knit:
Is there maybe someone else he might feel comfortable confiding in like a family member or a friend? Maybe he just needs to find someone to talk to, yes intimacy and communication are important in any relationship but maybe he has some things on his mind he wants to say but doesn't know how you'd take them.

Keg:
Like Steph and Iggy said I'd take the toys away from her and put them out of sight but explain why you're doing it.
I have Sophia with me 24/7 always in eye sight so I haven't really encountered that problem.
lol

Feral Kitten

Oh the feels right now.

When my sister and I were little, my parents bought a Little Tikes car and outside playhouse and a kitchen set for us. They never thought that their grandchild would ever get to play with them but Amelia LOVES them.

These things are almost (or our) 20 years old. I turned 23 on the 1st. It's insane that these toys used to be mine and now my child is playing with them.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Dog topic - TBH I don't care what kind of dog we get. The best dog I ever had was a runt AND a mutt. She passed away 2 years ago as of Easter after living for 14 freaking years. The vets kept saying she should have been dead years ago but she didn't start acting her age until a few months before she passed away. She actually bit my stepmom's foot. She and my dad both agreed it wasn't Rhana's (my dog) fault because she (stepmom) put her foot in the way of her food bowl to keep her metal collar from clanging against the metal bowl cuz everybody else was asleep. She forgot Rhana's eyesight was failing and Rhana panicked. She barely broke skin because she realized who she was biting and pulled back and then whined and was so upset. She totally didn't mean to do it. So they didn't try to put her down or anything. Although she bit a young kid before that cuz the toddler jumped on her face.. The kid's mom wasn't paying attention. Dad blamed the woman for not watching her kid and the woman felt like it was her own fault too. Plus from what I understand, the child was harassing her BEFORE she jumped on her face. sweatdrop All the 'she's in this.. xD I hope it's readable. lol

I may try to convince Lovie to check shelters and rescues first, if he'll hear me out. I don't care what kind of dog we get as long as it's sweet. I find myself gravitating towards flat faced dogs more since Rhana (German Shepherd, black lab mix with beautiful honey colored eyes) passed away but I really like huskies, akita, boxers, pit bulls, bulldogs, pugs, and I"m sure I'm forgetting a few breeds. xD Medium to large size dogs mostly with the pug thrown in randomly. I will NEVER own a pug on my own though. My pug (Actually my mom's) is spoiled rotten and has so many health issues. xD

I'm not a purebred snob. Aside from my pug, all my dogs have been mixed breeds and I have loved them very very much. Also...here's my pug in a bathing suit. XP

User Image

Toy breaking - I do take things away from her and put them up and explain why I'm doing it. And if she breaks something to the point where I have to throw it away, I throw it away in front of her and calmly explain why I have to. On one occasion I made her throw something away herself while I explained. It just doesn't seem to help.

When I'm on my laptop, I can see Raevyn in the living room. If she's in her room (which is childproofed to the gills, including a ribbon through her closet doors and tied to keep her from dumping her clothes out) I let her stay in there unless she's quiet for more than about 30 seconds straight. At which point I go check on her. But I can see half her room from right where I am right now. I check on her every few minutes no matter where she is or what she's doing, even if I'm washing dishes. I can't see her from the kitchen at all because of the way it's set up but I can see her if she leaves the living room. But she's super sneaky and she will find ways to break things without me hearing it. Like when she ripped the card box earlier, I was literally sitting over her head! She was sitting on the floor with her back against the couch and I was sitting on the couch with my legs folded under me.

All the people who have ever come over refer to her at some point as a ninja. She will steal things out of your pockets or bags or put things in to your pockets or bags without you noticing. It's crazy. And it worries me cuz her biological father is a klepto and so are all 4 of his siblings that I know. I dunno about his other two brothers since I only met them once. And his mother's maiden name is Monahan...which was a name given in Ireland to her family, which means somebody was a thief and got their hand cut off for it. Thus Monahan, mono-hand, "one hand".

Shadowed - My Mom kept a lot of my old toys hoping I'd have a daughter. So now the majority of my daughter's stuffed animals are either as old as me or less than 10 years younger than me. xD It IS weird. But it's also pretty awesome too. :3
le iggy
@Kego: Look into breed specific rescues. My uncle gets his all of his Cocker Spaniels from the breed rescue down here. Boxers are great though! I have a American Pit Bull Terrier / Boxer mix. She's precious!

As for the toy situations, I agree with Stephanie. Explain why you're taking the toys away and start rewarding her when she shows she can play with them like a big girl.

@Knitsy: Until he gives up what's bothering him I can only guess. Maybe he has low testosterone levels? Or is he depressed? Maybe he's just as nervous as you are? You could try seducing him to "break the ice." You know, when he comes home from work be laying on the bed nekkie or whatever. I'm the one who usually refuses so I've never had to deal with this before. Sorry if I'm not helping. gonk

Problem is, because it's been so long, I'm uncomfortable with being seductive. sad
Shadowed: Isn't that crazy? I have a rocking chair my parents rocked me to sleep with... and a booster seat I used as a child for Maddy... and my father's mother has toys that my Dad played with and we played with that Maddy played with at her house a few years ago. Crazy how the old stuff actually lasted eh? haha

Keg: I definitely suggest it... why spend ALL that money y'all don't have for a pet when there's THOUSANDS that need a home.

Take ALL her toys away and don't give her any until she learns. She obviously has no respect for things and she's old enough to know. At that age, you shouldn't HAVE to watch her like a hawk in a mainly baby-prooved house.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Shadowed: I have my little tyke chairs that I can sit in now as an adult! (Although they aren't as comfy). William loves them and uses them to climb and get into higher things!
I am asking for a friend since she doesn't have an account. Her daughter whom is 16 months is cutting some teeth and none of the tricks/pain meds are working too well and her daughter has gotten to the point now she is starting to refusing to nurse or eat and she can't get her daughter in to the doctor until Monday and the ER would be a 8+ hour wait.

Anyone got any tips?

Hardcore Muse

Fuzzypeachlover
I am asking for a friend since she doesn't have an account. Her daughter whom is 16 months is cutting some teeth and none of the tricks/pain meds are working too well and her daughter has gotten to the point now she is starting to refusing to nurse or eat and she can't get her daughter in to the doctor until Monday and the ER would be a 8+ hour wait.

Anyone got any tips?

What all has she tried?

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
KnitsyBitsy

Problem is, because it's been so long, I'm uncomfortable with being seductive. sad

Does he or you like back rubs or massages of any kind? It wouldn't necessarily be sexual, but it would give you guys some you time where you focus on each other's bodies.

Do you guys still cuddle fairly often at least?

Sorry if I'm not being helpful, I'm trying to think of things that are intimate like or can be intimate but without the sexual pressure that you two seem to be feeling.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Knitsy - Start off like you two just started dating. razz Hold hands. Cuddle. Kiss. Work your way up naturally and see how he responds. :O

Stephanie - She can go days without breaking stuff but her main issue is paper, of all things. She's totally obsessed with ripping it. Her coloring books look like they've lost a fight with a lawn mower. And anything paper she can get her hands on ends up ripped to shreds. Magazines, boxes, books, coloring books. It's really odd. But that tends to be the focal point of her destruction. Even her wooden puzzles aren't safe. I keep taking the stuff away from her but as soon as she has it back, it's done for. She's been doing this since about 2 years ago.

OT - I am so very thankful that Raevyn doesn't seem to have pollen allergies. I've been waking up several times every night because I just can't freaking breathe and the allergy meds I'm taking don't help much. Got 3 or 4 hours of sleep tonight before I had to get up or risk suffocating.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Keg: Is there any way to get old newspapers for her to tear up? That way you could try to get that out of her and tell her that newspapers that are given to her are okay to tear up?

I have a different mindset when it comes to toys, if it's theirs, then it's theirs to do what they want with. If they want to tear them up, that's fine. Once they've become a hazard then they're trash. If you don't like it, you could always stop buying her new things.

Maybe get yourself a special toy like a doll and keep it up and then play with it in front of her and then put it back up to show how you treat special toys so maybe she won't tear up the really neat stuff?

I'm sorry I'm not much help, my kid is still only 1, so I don't have a lot of experience of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff