Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

6,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Diet Poison
Well, the newborn experience is different for everyone, regardless of number of babies, I'm sure. I couldn't imagine having two at once, but my son was very needy as it is. He didn't really sleep, wanted to be held all the time, etc.

Um, it's easier than I thought it would be. You need to have a background check and a homestudy done, but the basic requirements (depending on state) are very easy to fulfill.

I agree that the newborn experience is different for everyone, but I don't think I could have handled two at the same time. I don't know how people do it.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
So my twins got called in for their first audition yesterday! It was a paid audition too, so that's nice, because it was pretty far from where we live. We were auditioning for Jane the Virgin. I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure whose baby they were auditioning for, but on my way out the person in charge of catering told me it was probably for Petra's babies. Apparently she's having twin girls on the show. The thing is, they had singletons there too... Actually we were the only twins. Unless they were trying to find two babies that look similar enough to be fraternal twins? Anyway, the audition was pretty cool. We actually got to go to the studio and we were in an office right across from the sets. It really did look just like you see in behind the scenes stuff. White trailers full of costumes all over the place, sets and props being wheeled around. It was neat. I feel like the audition actually went very well too. The girls were in a good mood and being very sweet, they photographed well, the casting director liked their footies they were wearing, and she wanted to talk to me a lot about them. She didn't show that much interest in the other babies. I didn't take many pictures at all, just one of the girls in the waiting room and one of our guest pass. I'll post them though.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Hey! That's really cool Het!

I took the kids outside today. I'm still recovering from the snow and cold, but I think it did both of them some good. We did sledding and I even made a snow angel. Came in for hot chocolate. Now they're watching Disney Junior and I'm sitting on the computer watching my ghost shows and playing Animal Crossing.

Devoted Saint

My husband and I are newlyweds, but have been together 8 years. He has two children, both adults now, where I have "0" lol- The topic of having a baby is a common discussion, but now that we are married, we are so ready to just jump on the parent bandwagon. But the past two months I think the fear hits that if I will be a good mother. Like...I have waited to start a family, and be married.....but suddenly I feel like, atop of our bills, working......(We only have one another, as my family lives out of state, and his family lives in Germany, (and his parents have sadly passed away) ) - My biggest concern is

......Asking for help!? .....

Are family and friends really there for you? .......Or are you really on your own....?......

Like so many questions come to mind....

....Anyone go through this? - or have? ....or are? .....I woulds love to hear some stories

Heroic Mage

Liebe Liese
My husband and I are newlyweds, but have been together 8 years. He has two children, both adults now, where I have "0" lol- The topic of having a baby is a common discussion, but now that we are married, we are so ready to just jump on the parent bandwagon. But the past two months I think the fear hits that if I will be a good mother. Like...I have waited to start a family, and be married.....but suddenly I feel like, atop of our bills, working......(We only have one another, as my family lives out of state, and his family lives in Germany, (and his parents have sadly passed away) ) - My biggest concern is

Are family and friends really there for you? .......Or are you really on your own....?......

....Anyone go through this? - or have? ....or are? .....I woulds love to hear some stories

My husband and I did it alone, since all of our family and friends live out of state. We did it with a difficult, clingy baby and we were just fine. I'm actually glad that no one was there to interrupt our bonding/make it more difficult to be comfortable and take care of our child.

There are some things you can do it make it easier, like make and freeze meals ahead of time.

If you want/need a support network, you can always build your own. There's La Leche League if you want to breastfeed, and they're almost everywhere, mom groups in general, etc.

Dangerous Ladykiller

Reina Brujita
Are there any other parents that have kids with SPD or kids on the autism spectrum? Just curious~!
I do! smile

Dangerous Ladykiller

x`x_Cerezo_x`x
Hello! So my daughter is 13 months and she's a bit low in iron. But I'm having trouble getting her to eat much of anything. All the iron rich foods are a hit or miss thing. Sometimes she loves beans other days she wont touch it. any meat other than chicken? Forget about it. I'm currently putting rice into her milk (she won't drink formula ever since I started the transition into milk) but will that be enough?
you can get liquid vitamins for children and babies at any chemist. Just ask, they'll have something you can mix into juice smile

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The twins were called in to be on the new show Heartbeat, and we're filming for Jane the virgin tomorrow! They're officially professional babies. lol
For Heartbeat they played a dumpster baby, and they'll be appearing in episode 9. I'm not sure what date it'll actually air on, but the show premiers on March 23rd.
I'm nt sure what we're playing on Jane the virgin tomorrow. We auditioned for a "potentially reoccuring part" but idk if we actually booked that, or if we're just going in for background work. either way, it pays the twins well, and it's a cool experience.

Dapper Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Liebe Liese

My fiance and I are doing it all alone with twins. His mom passed away just two months before the twins were born and she was his only parent. My whole family lives on the other side of the country too. I'm in California and they're all in Connecticut. We had a super tough delivery and there have been difficult times. My heart failed right after the twins were born and my fiance had to take care of two tiny newborns all by himself for the first like 2 weeks of their lives. After that I still wasn't well enough to take care of them by myself for a few months. Now they're 3 months old and I can handle them myself at home, but I still need his help when we go out, and I really look forward to him taking over for "daddy duty" when he gets home so I can have a few minutes to myself, even if it is just to make dinner. If you have a strong enough relationship though, you find a way, and you help each other. It's truly very rewarding, and I love our little(ish) family. The twins even have an agent now and we're doing parts on tv shows! Those are the only parts we've booked so far, hopefully we'll do a movie soon. That'd be cool. Before I got pregnant I was a car dealer, and now I could never go back to that life, and with twins and no one to watch them, I probably wont really be able to work a normal job for a while. I feel better saying I'm their manager now than just a stay at home mom (not that there's anything wrong with that at all) because I'm just the sort of person that needs a job to feel productive. Anyway, that's my story. My biggest piece of advice I guess would be to make sure you're 100% confident in your relationship before having kids. That's what made me decide to do it. I've been with my fiance for (going on ) 10 years, and I knew that together we could face anything and come out on top. We were definitely tested, but it only made us closer. When we decided to start TTC we didn't even have our own apartment, so we got pregnant, I got laid off the next morning, found out it was twins, got a place, moved, Fiancee quit his job and found a new one, his mom died, had to be induced, had a terrible birth, almost lost a twin, I had congestive heart failure, almost died and was diagnosed with a permanent heart condition, had to spend thanksgiving in the hospital, was almost bed ridden for like 1 1/2 months. That was all in a span of less than a year, ad I feel good about our future. Some days are a little hectic, but overall I feel like we'll be fine.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Happy Easter guys!

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
hecatesheretic

Geez! I'm glad your babies and twin made it through! Those stories makes me so scared of getting pregnant again, but my fiance is having baby fever and it's rubbing off on me. I just don't take care of myself too well as my primary concern of pregnancy and another child.

Brief update, got therapy again for the daughter, she doesn't have SPD thank goodness, she just loves intense feelings to overwhelm her yet sometimes is too sensitive to sensations base on her mood. The daughter seems to be doing more stable but might have to repeat kindergarten due to her age (she's slightly younger than other kids being a summer child), and her mom/stepdad doesn't help her with school. There are ups and downs with her, but hopefully more ups again since we are not sick anymore and got other responsibilities handled.

[Digital Fiend"]
Happy Easter to you too!

What are you lovely parents doing this Easter? It came too fast this year for me, I do not have much activity or plans this year. Parents in laws are saving us this holiday, we're having Easter dinner and hunt on Monday evening at their place with the rest of the family.

Heroic Mage

Damien just turned three. crying I can't believe how big he's getting.

@Trainer Aurora Rain: We're doing Easter late this year, which is probably terrible, but it's two days after Damien's birthday this year and we wanted to space it out a bit. He'll be getting a basket and that is about all we do.
A question from an Aunty/Cousin for the parents with pets (dogs), or who spend a lot of time with their kids around them:

Do you have any tips on how to go about teaching the kids how to train the dog/the dog to listen to the kids?
The dog is a six year old collie mix, so too smart for our own good, the kids are 3.5+ (so their faces and hands are still within easy reach - dog just tries to lick them instead of listening, they still just drop treats if she moves towards them, she's never really had reason to be required to listen to them before [mostly starting because nephew, the 3.5 year old, has been really into training lately, but it gets boring quick when Zoe won't listen], etc..).
Nephew, at least, knows the standard around-the-house commands that Zoe knows, both verbal and accompanying hand sign for most of them (sit, lay [I don't know if he knows the signs for this one], touch, smooch [ 'let me kiss your nose', no hand sign], lick [technically he taught her this one], out [of the kitchen], come, give, maybe hug [we haven't really gone over this one too much yet]; shake and high five are off limits because she's too eager about it, aka: she moves too quickly and just scratches them; we're going to be adding "don't touch/leave it" for when they drop food on the floor), it's just that she tends to not listen to him. Short of having him stand on a stool/chair, so he's closer to adult height, I'm really not sure where to start.
I have been entertaining the idea of 'making' a little treat pouch, so that he doesn't have to have the treats in his hand and she may be more apt to watch him than me (since I'm holding the treats to pass to him to give to her when she's done as told, so she doesn't just snatch them prematurely), but knowing her nosy nose such may or may not work (she knows all about treat pouches [and treats in sweater pockets]; she's not above trying to stuff her nose in there to help herself).

I'd also love ideas on what else the kids could teach her (roll over is not an option with her)
Just 3 more months and it's going to happen heart biggrin can't wait to meet her/him

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff