Bassinet 0.072463768115942 7.2% [ 5 ]
Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

I didn't think anyone else read wheel of time! Such an AMAZING series! And what a badass character to name a girl after =) I've always pronounced it the same way.

Heather makes me so upset. Babies can't defend themselves or communicate so I know the responsibility is on others to talk to her. The gov website actually included emotional neglect but I don't think Rose is far enough behind yet to qualify. Most of the stuff in that category was about older kids. They take her to the doctor and stuff but there's so much she should be doing right now and she would be if she were given the opportunity and encouraged. Heather always claims ignorance but thats a BS excuse. We live in a world thats connected all the time plus there are 3 public libraries one of which is literally a 2 minute drive away for her. I had been driving her and rosie to baby rock with Laynie and I but stopped because she could never get up early enough (it's at 1030am) nothing happens for her before noon.

She keeps talking about how she just wants to 'be the perfect wife!' and all this 1950s bs. What about being a good mother? Argh. I'm just so mad. Plus my mom made me feel guilty for not doing anything about it.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Could you call anon? That way maybe it will be on file even if nothing comes of it? It's so sad. sad

Would Rhapsody Aviendha be too pretentious. Hahaha!
Page mark. Going to get ready for the great cloth diaper change tomorrow, then a play date, then maybe a festival. lol busy busy. TTYL!

Hardcore Muse

Call Me Stephanie
Page mark. Going to get ready for the great cloth diaper change tomorrow, then a play date, then maybe a festival. lol busy busy. TTYL!

Take me with you.
._.

Have fun! ^ _ ^

Feral Kitten

Digital Fiend
Could you call anon? That way maybe it will be on file even if nothing comes of it? It's so sad. sad

Would Rhapsody Aviendha be too pretentious. Hahaha!

I really like the sound of that!

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Digital: Love that name! She is my second favorite character, next to Min. cat_wink

I did start a Wheel of Time thread a few weeks ago in the Literature forum. I'm re-reading series and wanted to talk to others about it.

Enduring Phantom

So...touchy subject...would you be offended if an old friend without kids didn't want to attend your 2 year old twins birthday party? I made a thread in life issues on this...It's more complicated than that but basically that's my issue.

Feral Kitten

pallbearer
So...touchy subject...would you be offended if an old friend without kids didn't want to attend your 2 year old twins birthday party? I made a thread in life issues on this...It's more complicated than that but basically that's my issue.

No, I wouldn't. that friend knows that they will most likely feel out of place at a birthday party for children. There will be other adults there who have children? I totally get that.
pallbearer

Nah I wouldn't be offended. Then again a lot of my child free friends went poof as soon as I got pregnant with Sapphy.

Lucky Star

pallbearer

In my opinion the first birthday party is for the parents...So adult friends without kids coming is ok.
But every birthday party after that should be for the kid...as in other kids, and the friends and family members with kids.
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to go...usually there isn't adult activities at a 2 year olds party (unless you turn everything into a reason to drink like my husband's family lol )
pallbearer
No. I might be disappointed I didn't get to see my friend but that's it. I could always make plans later. If you don't want to go just don't go. If you're really worried about how she'll feel get a small gift for her kids and give it to them later.

@Digi: I'll probably try something like that once I figure out who to talk to. Even if I just contact the childcare certification office and talk to them so she can't watch other peoples kids. I know thats how she plans on making money and I hate screwing some one over that way but she really shouldn't be trusted to watch another persons children if she doesn't even watch her own.

Hardcore Muse

pallbearer

I would be a little upset especially if we had been friends a long time but I could also understand how someone without children would be uncomfortable at a party for children. Like Sade suggested you could always drop by later and get the kids a small gift, totally up to you.

Off topic:
It poured last night so everything is soaked and it's 43 degrees right now, lol. We may try moving smaller stuff rather than the larger things today but we'll see. :-/
Brian wasn't able to get time off for this move since it was a little short notice he needed 3 weeks before it happened to put in time, so Monday he'll probably call in that way we can finish up moving. Ugh I hate when weather ruins your plans.
neutral

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Kegokec

I have friends with children who are autistic and none of them ever did a blood test. There are developmental markers they look for.

Instead of worrying about what *could* be wrong with your little one, why not just celebrate her for her? Don't let family members bully you into thinking something is wrong with your child. I think everyone here has been where family members question where exactly your child at. However - it's none of their business. Kids will develop at their own pace. Let your child be a child.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Thanks guys. James actually really likes it, but he's still really fond of Shiloh being a first name. Is it possible to have too much awesome in one name? Shiloh Rhapsody Aviendha Rayhawk. Too long? Probably have trouble writing in on the birth certificate, but I actually really like it.

If we ever have 2 girls (depending if this one is a girl) then we can give her the Aria name somewhere.

@Wheel of Time: I started reading it years ago, but couldn't get the next book and now I have no idea what book I left off with and I have memory of bits and pieces, but enough that I don't feel like re-reading right now. I do miss it though. I think I'll Wiki some of it if I feel like gambling enough. Mainly to remember some people's names.

pallbearer
I would feel sad for me. I would understand though and I really wouldn't make it into such a big deal. If you're feeling bad or guilty, just get a small gift or something or make plans later with said friend without all the other kids around.

@Mississippi: That sucks that the weather isn't agreeing with you guys.

@Steph: I hope your day was as awesome as it sounded!

I've been pinteresting foods today and as soon as I'm off work I'm going SHOPPING!

TO THE GROCERY STORE!

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Arlette Mori
Kegokec

I have friends with children who are autistic and none of them ever did a blood test. There are developmental markers they look for.

Instead of worrying about what *could* be wrong with your little one, why not just celebrate her for her? Don't let family members bully you into thinking something is wrong with your child. I think everyone here has been where family members question where exactly your child at. However - it's none of their business. Kids will develop at their own pace. Let your child be a child.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her.

I'm just concerned because she locks down and regresses when we talk about the potty and if you ask her WHY she did things, she can't tell you. A single thing is not cause for thinking she has autism.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff