Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
@XFateX: awww I'm sorry that your day hasn't started well. *hugs* I hope things start to get better sad

On another note, I made my first doll creation! I don't know how to sew well, but I hand sewed this pajama tank-top dress thing. It's not perfect, but for some reason I really like it ^_^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I didn't notice it until I looked at it now, but you can see the issue that I'm having with her left knee in this picture. It's like not resting on the right spot, and I can't tell if it's a sculpt issue, or a stringing issue. Her left leg has always been a bit more loose than her right, but when I've played around with the knee I can see empty spaces in the joint hinges where I think there shouldn't be extra space to keep the calf aligned with the thigh.Instead it slumps to the side where the calf slides oh so slightly to the side naturally. I can pop it back straight, but as soon as I touch the leg is goes uneven again. Hmmm maybe I should take better pictures of it and send it to Dennis at Bobobie. I noticed the knee doing this after about the second or third day I got her.

Distinct Smoker

I hate sundays. No mail. crying

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
Yuna516

Try restringing her, sometimes restringing can fix it problems. I have the same problems with one of my dolls knee cap

Distinct Smoker

Here is my first good photoshoot.
Here you go!
User Image
User Image

Sparkly Genius

@Yuna - I see what you mean about the knee. I would first try getting the string even tighter on that side or putting a little hot glue in the socket of the joint to help keep it aligned.

@Radio - Cute photos smile

Uploading a new video...

Fluffy Prophet

posting in a hurry:

@ Fate: that sucks! Didn't she know her kiddo needed her on call?

@ Radio: very cute!

I just got back from Sac anime.. it was awesome! I had crazy fun and saw lots of dolls. The Peakswoods Bloody Alice was beautiful! There was a customization panel with Katie Bair that was incredibly helpful to me with my project of sculpting my own bjd, and will help tons with elf ear and vampire fang mods for the future.

Fizz had lots of good questions for her, now she's re-doing Shine and Melanie stressed so much work.

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Finlet
posting in a hurry:

@ Fate: that sucks! Didn't she know her kiddo needed her on call?

@ Radio: very cute!

I just got back from Sac anime.. it was awesome! I had crazy fun and saw lots of dolls. The Peakswoods Bloody Alice was beautiful! There was a customization panel with Katie Bair that was incredibly helpful to me with my project of sculpting my own bjd, and will help tons with elf ear and vampire fang mods for the future.

Fizz had lots of good questions for her, now she's re-doing Shine and Melanie stressed so much work.

awww sounds like so much fun! I'm guessing that is a convention right? I really wish I could go to a convention, sadly I live in the most boring state ever crying

P.S, I believe it was you who asked me about what I was looking for in sewing patterns. I did respond to that a few pages back ^_^

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
Now I'm really upset. I was making a shirt template for my doll, and accidentily marked him and it won't come off. I scrubbed him magic eraser , tried to get it off with regular eraser and there's a small bit that won't come off (and I don't have any soap I could use with the magic eraser). I know it's not very noticble and I shouldn't cry over it but I'm mad at myself and can't stop balling... crying crying crying crying crying crying

It also doesn't help that I haven't been able to breathe for weeks cause my asthma and allergies have been bugging every single day.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Wendy: don't panic yet.. what kind of pen is it? it's really recent so stain probably hasn't penetrated the topcoat yet. Have you tried the magic eraser wet, yet?
ps. sorry I haven't linked any patterns. here's a couple: sweater
sock sweater

some of you long-timers may remember this: gaia

Sparkly Streaker

6,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Eeek yeah I always pinch the fabric or paper with my nail and mark once its away from her but I try to do it in pencil or something not damaging. Sharpies never go on or near anything doll related ever. They are bad news bears no matter what.

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
My dolls get pencil smudges all the time. Thankfully it's easy to wash off.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i think every mark i ever got on my dolls came off with soaking magic eraser in acetone-free nail varnish remover~

Beloved Lunatic

10,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
:3 She came just now~ i named her Fumi

User Image
User Image i posed her with my Azone Ciel and now headless and armless first obitsu
User Image

Sparkly Explorer

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
@Finlet: I used pencil and that's what really bothers me! most of it DID come off, but there's this one spot that just won't come off with a wet magic eraser and I don't have the money to get fancy removers... Oh and those patterns make me very happy smile they look great. I'm sure that dress pattern would make my friend happy.

@Ink: yeah I was being very careful with the pencil, but somehow when I lifted it some got on his neck crying

@Lady Cressida: What do you normally wash the pencil off with? I used a wet Mr.Clean and it failed to get it all off, then I went to a clean eraser and tried to erase it off with no success. Most of the pencil came off but there's this little spot that is driving me batty.

@Banana: Yeah I'm sure it would if I had some.... but at this point I can't afford to get anything. Yuna was trying to make me feel better by saying if it didn't come off some body blushing would hide it but it's still going to be a long time before we can afford any sealants of any kind...

@Fearmyboxers: Ooooh so cute <3 I like her very much. I also really like that Ciel sitting next to her XD

Fluffy Prophet

@ Fearmy: beautifull! she's styled so nicely

@ Wendy: if it's just pencil, they'res no need to worry. Even if you can't afford msc and stuff right now (I hear ya sweatdrop ) It's not really a stain, but a stubborn mark. Is this what you're using? It's the best: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff