Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Kikyo Babylon
lividdarkangel800
Oooo is it just on the official website that you find all the patterns and stuff?

No it's a seperate site. The official website just tries to sell your stuff.
American Girl Ideas

Oh wow! thanks for the link!

Luca and Oishi's Princess

Light Warrior

42,675 Points
  • But it Refused 500
  • Pokekaiju Contest Extraordinaire! 500
Kikyo Babylon
Hello! Please call me: Kikyo
About you: I'm an artist and small business owner. I use BJDs both for business and fun.
How you got into the hobby: I've always loved dolls and miniatures. I went to a clothing making panel at Naka Kon years ago and when I saw someone's Minifee I was hooked.
Your dolls: Umeko (Dollfie Dream Dynamite); Sayaka (Dollfie Plus, Obitsu head); several other Obitsu being created/named; Chi & Phi (Parabox 11cm with Fairy heads); Ku & Ma (Parabox 11cm with Teddy heads); Ne & Ko (Parabox 11cm with Kitty heads)
Favourite aspect of the hobby: Turning beautiful things in the world into my tiny little universe.

As I make new clothes and accessories I'll keep you guys posted with pics!

I can't wait to see your creations and maybe some pictures of your dollies ^^!

Generous Lover

Kuren

Oh my god he is just so cute! I love his blond hair so much!
Gosh their faceup work is really great! Thank you for sharing them with me ^^
I love starrshine designs! I agree their clothing is well worth the wait, especially for how affordable and well made all their clothing is ^^ I just got a large order in from them about a month ago.

Oh my goodness that cyclops is so adorable! Do you have any bodies in mind for them yet? What is the other doll head you're waiting on may I ask?

Oooh a Vito, I know that feeling. I actually bought my Vito boy when he was being discontinued last year and I was in the middle of saving up to move. I love him to pieces but he is so hard to dress (finding clothes for Vitos is hard and expensive). Jin is a very nice sclupt, they're offering the heads seperate right now, could you maybe buy a head now and body later?

Thanks, I'm pretty in love with him and just want to spoil him rotten.

The other head I'm waiting on is a DZ Gill head for my DZ The Star body I got secondhand, I'm also waiting on some custom dresses I ordered for her, they're actually done but the person hasn't put them in her shop for me to buy yet... So I'm trying to be patient. Also ordered some eyes and one of those "invisible" stands from Alice's but I don't really know the wait time on it... Might have to email them too.

Sadly for the discontinued heads they only had them on sale last month, and the notice they putout made it SEEM like the full dolls would be on sale this month, but no, they're still full price, and I want it with the factory face-up anyways as well as his horns which weren't available with the head order. So I'm going to try to get him with my next paycheck cause he's crucial for Jaeger. (See? Spoiled.)

And yeah I know with Vito's their size they aren't the best for finding clothes for, I wouldn't mind having to custom order some stuff, especially for the character I have in mind, he's basically going to live in a red and black suit so I'd really only have to find someone to make a three piece suit and nice shoes that will fit, I don't mind buying things for SD and hemming them to fit either so there's a work around if need be. =D

For my Doku Cyclops I'm not set on a body yet, I want an MSD I was thinking of doing a YOSD but I kind of want her to be an 'instagram goth' so that's what I'm going for. I'm thinking about maybe a medium chest LoongSoul since she comes with the extra hand and heel feet which is nice (plus I love their anatomy/sculpt) if not I might go for something cheaper, I'll have to figure it out later on, I'm not in a rush with her.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Hello BJD thread! I see things have gotten stale up in here, but I'm popping in anyway. heart

I now have 15+ dolls, most recent being a Sailor Moon DD and a Fairyland Lucywen centaur. lol

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Saffron Blehckchah
Hello BJD thread! I see things have gotten stale up in here, but I'm popping in anyway. heart

I now have 15+ dolls, most recent being a Sailor Moon DD and a Fairyland Lucywen centaur. lol

who the hecks is this lady

Omnipresent Lunatic

13,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bonjure! I'm mostly a lurker, but as long as the thread's been poked? Here I am.

I own too many BJDs to post here. Close to fifty full dolls, and a pile of heads. All from the artists. Many purchased secondhand on a minimal budget. No full DDs or Obitsus, sadly, but three floating heads. One day...

Saffron Blehckchah

Ayy! Lucywen is such a wonderful sculpt. How are you planning on styling yours?

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

XFateX

who the hecks is this lady

Hello stranger :ROFL:
So how many dolls do you have now? I think I remember all of like... 5 of them. gonk

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Tetragrammatron

Bonjure! I'm mostly a lurker, but as long as the thread's been poked? Here I am.

I own too many BJDs to post here. Close to fifty full dolls, and a pile of heads. All from the artists. Many purchased secondhand on a minimal budget. No full DDs or Obitsus, sadly, but three floating heads. One day...

Saffron Blehckchah

Ayy! Lucywen is such a wonderful sculpt. How are you planning on styling yours?

Ahh, pretty! heart I'm especially a sucker for elf dolls, but I love fantasy dolls in general. Do you have a fave company, or do you have a pretty varied collection?

I'll have to see if I have a pic - she's almost finished, just needs a nice white wig. My friend did such a gorgeous job on her blushing, I could go on about it. She's WS, and I had her blushed to be a grey dapple, with white hooves and tail~

4,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
  • Team Edward 100
Hello! Please call me: My username is Karoka, but in the bjd comm I go as Peachy. You're more than welcome to call me by either. smile
About you: Oh man, so it's been a decade and one since I've been back to this place, but since my time away I've heavily gotten submersed into the world of dolls and wanted to see if there was a good forum to chat with people outside of DOA. lol I am of course a bit anime nerd, and love video games but since my work life, I have little time for either. sad
How you got into the hobby: Honestly, my love for photography. Lol My friend after badgering me for 3 years, she finally sucked me into the hobby by taking me to doll meets and loving everyone's dolls...
Your dolls:

Name: Azrael
Sculpt: IOS, Blood

Date Received: 2016
Personality/Backstory:

Name: Valtiel
Sculpt: IOS, Valentine

Name: Sancti
Sculpt: Luts delf centaur

Name: Kronis
Sculpt: IOS, Lacrimosa

Name: Takashi
Sculpt: Ringdoll, Law

(I have few more, but I didn't want to bog the post down. xD) I have Luts Bory centaur as well, and a Switch - Waseon as well and some floating heads. xDD
Favourite aspect of the hobby: Being able to photograph them, as well as being my little depression companions.

Dulcet Scarface

Hello! Please call me: I go by Ulfruna in the BJD community.
About you: I am mainly consumed by my retail-worker life, but when I'm not working my RL freind and I are usually doing things together with our dolls - working on them or coming up with clothes ideas for her Etsy Store (RavenSkulls BJD)
How you got into the hobby: Years ago I saw pretty pictures of pretty dolls, and then I actually met someone who had one and she helped me get in to the hobby.

Your dolls:
Name: Illiana (Volks Ame Ayase head on a Resinsoul 1/3 body) She is my precious cinnamon roll. >,>
User Image

Domcallion (Mirodoll Hector) He has a pretty long backstory, since he was a long-time OC of mine before getting into the hobby. But at current, he is a Mortician.
AAAAND
Amaranth (Iplehouse FID body w/ a Mirodol Daisy head) She is my petite little Mori Girl who is a florist and just so happens to work for/with Domcallion. They later become a couple. It has been freaken' adorable.
User Image

Jessica (Volks SD16 body with an unknown head sculpt) You can't really see all her little freckles in pics, which is sad, but she is my rough-and-tumble sporty girl who does horseback riding and other competitive single-person sports.
User Image

Rowena (Supiadoll Juah) and Torrey (Islanddoll Odin head w/ a Mirodoll body) They are my LARPing couple. Rowena is definitely the Lagertha to Torrey's Ragnar. XD
User Image

And I have a Momoni (Atelier Momoni) on layaway that is going to be done up like Disney Rapunzel. <3 I also am waiting on a Dollzone Lumu (blank, transparent) and I just got in my Resinsoul Spring (in lilac skin. She is blank right now though.) I also have a couple Pullips and a Hujoo.

Favourite aspect of the hobby: Getting to flex my artistic muscles.

5,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • OTP 200
  • Falling For You 25
Does any one know a good place to sell a Smart Doll? I know they are not allowed on DOA.

Enigmatic Doll

32,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Mystic Hallow
Does any one know a good place to sell a Smart Doll? I know they are not allowed on DOA.

I've found instagram to be a good place for selling doll stuff as long as you use the right tags. There are also groups on facebook for selling. I believe BJD Addicts Commissions and Sales page allows smart dolls.

4,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
  • Team Edward 100
Bittersweet Blue
Mystic Hallow

I've found instagram to be a good place for selling doll stuff as long as you use the right tags. There are also groups on facebook for selling. I believe BJD Addicts Commissions and Sales page allows smart dolls.

Yea, fb is a good place for selling Smartdolls, I got my Mirai on fb. smile Instagram has kind of become the new sales platform as well, I like of love and hate it. Its really heard to find any good gems with tags being all over the place. sad

Fluffy Prophet

Hi guys! Popping in after a long absence. I'm still so very in love with bjd's, but I've had to give customizing a break because it's rough on my health even with the gas mask.
So I'm sure some of you might remember that Dave and I were planning on tiny house living? Well, it's not exactly tiny but it is small, we're having a 750 sq ft place built right by the ocean. I'm really excited, but also scared, and I can already tell I'll have to pare down a few of my dolls. But, on another doll-related exciting note, once we recover financially I plan to build a she-shed for my dolls and crafting. It makes me so happy to even picture that space in my mind.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Finlet
Hi guys! Popping in after a long absence. I'm still so very in love with bjd's, but I've had to give customizing a break because it's rough on my health even with the gas mask.
So I'm sure some of you might remember that Dave and I were planning on tiny house living? Well, it's not exactly tiny but it is small, we're having a 750 sq ft place built right by the ocean. I'm really excited, but also scared, and I can already tell I'll have to pare down a few of my dolls. But, on another doll-related exciting note, once we recover financially I plan to build a she-shed for my dolls and crafting. It makes me so happy to even picture that space in my mind.

Fin, it's been way too long! :'D
That sounds so cool. I've always loved living in small spaces, and I love the ocean, too. Is the beach good for swimming? :0
Aw, I'll be bummed if you have to downsize your collection. But if you do, maybe I'd take somebody off your hands. I love your dolls. 3nodding

Tonberry Queen X

Late greetings. xD
Your dolls are all pretty, I love their faceups. Every one of them has so much personality~
A Momoni Rapunzel sounds SO cute! When are you hoping to finish her layaway?

Karoka_Forcia

Welcome back to Gaia (I just got back, too xD) and glad your friend talked you into getting dolls. ;D
Your boys are all gorgeous, and high five for being in the centaur club~ I'd love to see your Bory too. And your Waseon. I'm a sucker for Switch. x3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff