Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Holy crap. o_O
I was cleaning my inventory and found all this old crap that I didn't know I had.
*goes to sell*
I had like...
a Dander 1st gen, Deinocti's Oath, Ace Meow, Goti the Kid, Seracila Pendant, Coal Sprite, Gift of the Colibri, Cherry Blossom, Queen Bee, and a few things worth like...30k each... o_O
Edit: And a September Thank you letter for 2010 + MC letter for April 2011

I should clean my inventory more often.
Does that count as accidental hoarding?
~King Awesome

Pretty much. I'm a huge pack rat. If I went through my inventory and sold just the items I had bought to wear and never once equipped it would amount to multiple millions, I'm sure.

I mean, I sorta new I had some stuff, but I never looked at the value. xD
Now after selling some of the items, I have over 3 million: I haven't had over 3 million in over a year. o.O
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Holy crap. o_O
I was cleaning my inventory and found all this old crap that I didn't know I had.
*goes to sell*
I had like...
a Dander 1st gen, Deinocti's Oath, Ace Meow, Goti the Kid, Seracila Pendant, Coal Sprite, Gift of the Colibri, Cherry Blossom, Queen Bee, and a few things worth like...30k each... o_O

~King Awesome

Pretty much. I'm a huge pack rat. If I went through my inventory and sold just the items I had bought to wear and never once equipped it would amount to multiple millions, I'm sure.

Now after selling some of the items, I have over 3 million: I haven't had over 3 million in over a year. o.O
~King Awesome

Sounds like good funds to make an investment with. What are you going to buy?

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Holy crap. o_O
*goes to sell*
I had like...

~King Awesome

~King Awesome

Well, not sure, really. Hence why I'm in this guide:
I need more gold before I can get what I want. (In order: 17 Airsharks, Nitemare Scarf, OMG)
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Holy crap. o_O
*goes to sell*
I had like...

~King Awesome

~King Awesome

I need more gold before I can get what I want. (In order: 17 Airsharks, Nitemare Scarf, OMG)
~King Awesome

I think reveries are going to do reasonably well. Most of the rest of the things I'm hoarding at the moment are a little long-term. I have some short-term experiments I started last month that seem to be panning out thus far but they're high risk.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Holy crap. o_O
*goes to sell*
I had like...

~King Awesome

~King Awesome

~King Awesome

I think reveries are going to do reasonably well. Most of the rest of the things I'm hoarding at the moment are a little long-term. I have some short-term experiments I started last month that seem to be panning out thus far but they're high risk.

I actually had enough Gaia cash to buy a bundle, so I got that, and I plan to buy another when the price lowers.
I don't mind long term, especially since I don't plan on going below 2.5 million pure when I invest. (I still plan to exchange / vend, since I don't wanna put all my gold into hoarding, and hoarding will take longer to get a return)
Next goal for me: over 5 million. (I'm almost at 4, so I'm skipping that as a goal. xD)
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity

I actually had enough Gaia cash to buy a bundle, so I got that, and I plan to buy another when the price lowers.
I don't mind long term, especially since I don't plan on going below 2.5 million pure when I invest. (I still plan to exchange / vend, since I don't wanna put all my gold into hoarding, and hoarding will take longer to get a return)
Next goal for me: over 5 million. (I'm almost at 4, so I'm skipping that as a goal. xD)
~King Awesome

That's a reasonable plan. How well do you do with vending/exchanging? What do you you like to buy and sell?

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

That's a reasonable plan. How well do you do with vending/exchanging? What do you you like to buy and sell?

Well previously, I would vend mostly. (Mostly by buying things that were sold for cheaper than what it should be sold at, and selling it for higher) Though, I wouldn't buy it if I wouldn't make 20k profit on it, and if the item sold less than 5 a day.
Usually I made about...60k a week.
But, then I learned about exchanging, and I find I do better with that. Obviously, I jump on good deals, but another thing I do is look for threads that have 0-4 replies, and see if I can get a good deal. For example, yesterday I bought an SDPlus #87 for 1.2 million. Sold it for 1.37 million. (I would have sold it for higher, but I think SDPlus dolls are hard to sell, so I had to undercut). That was a good 140k profit. xD (Usually I don't get that lucky), but I can probably make 40-60k a day when I actually try for more than 15 minutes. xP

And I like to buy and sell anything I know I can make a profit on. Personally, I'd probably prefer to vend / exchange more than hoard right now, because I like to have a near constant income. And I don't think I could rely on hoarding for a near constant income currently. I'd need a lot more for that. (Another reason why I want to invest in a tank; it's nice to get 150k+ per day without much work)
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

Well previously, I would vend mostly. (Mostly by buying things that were sold for cheaper than what it should be sold at, and selling it for higher) Though, I wouldn't buy it if I wouldn't make 20k profit on it, and if the item sold less than 5 a day.
But, then I learned about exchanging, and I find I do better with that. Obviously, I jump on good deals, but another thing I do is look for threads that have 0-4 replies, and see if I can get a good deal. For example, yesterday I bought an SDPlus #87 for 1.2 million. Sold it for 1.37 million. (I would have sold it for higher, but I think SDPlus dolls are hard to sell, so I had to undercut). That was a good 140k profit. xD (Usually I don't get that lucky), but I can probably make 40-60k a day when I actually try for more than 15 minutes. xP

And I like to buy and sell anything I know I can make a profit on. Personally, I'd probably prefer to vend / exchange more than hoard right now, because I like to have a near constant income. And I don't think I could rely on hoarding for a near constant income currently. I'd need a lot more for that. (Another reason why I want to invest in a tank; it's nice to get 150k+ per day without much work)
~King Awesome

I'm pretty much constantly working on selling some kind of hoard and buying other things. I'm slowly working toward not really doing anything else. I'm getting there but I'm not there yet. I still vend and exchange. I mostly make threads in the wanted and buy stuff rather than going into threads in the exchange. Though if I have something worth multi-millions and/or is hard to sell I'll make a selling/buying thread in the main exchange forum. I can make millions in a day if I work at it but I also have millions to work with.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

~King Awesome

I'm pretty much constantly working on selling some kind of hoard and buying other things. I'm slowly working toward not really doing anything else. I'm getting there but I'm not there yet. I still vend and exchange. I mostly make threads in the wanted and buy stuff rather than going into threads in the exchange. Though if I have something worth multi-millions and/or is hard to sell I'll make a selling/buying thread in the main exchange forum. I can make millions in a day if I work at it but I also have millions to work with.

Ah. xP
Well, I mean, I'm still stalking the birthstones to buy, and I'll be stalking the Reveries soon, but I still like to be making money, which buying doesn't do for me, and since this will basically be my first actual hoarding experience, I have nothing to sell. xP

I probably couldn't make that much in a day right now, without major effort, but I aim for at least 50k a day. (Preferably 100k, but it depends on how much time I want to spend in the exchange)
Just as long as I keep getting gold each day, I don't mind, really.
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

~King Awesome

Ah. xP
Well, I mean, I'm still stalking the birthstones to buy, and I'll be stalking the Reveries soon, but I still like to be making money, which buying doesn't do for me, and since this will basically be my first actual hoarding experience, I have nothing to sell. xP

I probably couldn't make that much in a day right now, without major effort, but I aim for at least 50k a day. (Preferably 100k, but it depends on how much time I want to spend in the exchange)
Just as long as I keep getting gold each day, I don't mind, really.
~King Awesome

I've been hoarding since spring of 2008 so I always have stuff to sell. Though I recently sold a large number of items I've literally been holding onto for years. It was fantastic to see the price of Town Flags up at 10k each during the Rejected Olympics (since I bought them for about 25g each and I had 3,000 of them).

That's a good philosophy. That's what I tell a lot of people who 'don't like to' vend/exchange. That you just have to do it a little while each day because the money you earn will add up.

Although, I find that position hard to understand because I really enjoy vending/exchanging/hoarding. Otherwise I wouldn't do it since there's nothing left that I really want to buy. I have been vaguely considering taking out a small loan basically to raise my credit score (although the idea of owing anybody any makes me cringe and thus is the reason I have no credit to my name but I think I could handle it if it was for a purpose) so I could potentially day trade or something like that.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
I've been hoarding since spring of 2008 so I always have stuff to sell. Though I recently sold a large number of items I've literally been holding onto for years. It was fantastic to see the price of Town Flags up at 10k each during the Rejected Olympics (since I bought them for about 25g each and I had 3,000 of them).

That's a good philosophy. That's what I tell a lot of people who 'don't like to' vend/exchange. That you just have to do it a little while each day because the money you earn will add up.

Although, I find that position hard to understand because I really enjoy vending/exchanging/hoarding. Otherwise I wouldn't do it since there's nothing left that I really want to buy. I have been vaguely considering taking out a small loan basically to raise my credit score (although the idea of owing anybody any makes me cringe and thus is the reason I have no credit to my name but I think I could handle it if it was for a purpose) so I could potentially day trade or something like that.

Well...that's pretty good. xD
Reminds me: I decided to buy one of each of the Rejected Olympic things this year (including the team uniforms, though I bought those with Gaia Cash) and I plan to hoard them for the next team event, just to see if it would work. (If not: I can always have some uniforms for myself. xD)

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm too lazy to sit there refreshing the vend page, or the Gaia exchange just to get 20k profit. xP But if I force myself to do like...2-3 items, I can make a fair bit in a day, and it pays off.

That's kinda how my dad is. xP He hates credit. He only bought one thing on credit, and he did so because he had to in order to buy our house in his name. (My mom has not-so-good credit, so it wouldn't be good. xP)
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

Reminds me: I decided to buy one of each of the Rejected Olympic things this year (including the team uniforms, though I bought those with Gaia Cash) and I plan to hoard them for the next team event, just to see if it would work. (If not: I can always have some uniforms for myself. xD)

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm too lazy to sit there refreshing the vend page, or the Gaia exchange just to get 20k profit. xP But if I force myself to do like...2-3 items, I can make a fair bit in a day, and it pays off.

That's kinda how my dad is. xP He hates credit. He only bought one thing on credit, and he did so because he had to in order to buy our house in his name. (My mom has not-so-good credit, so it wouldn't be good. xP)
~King Awesome

Well, 2007 and 2008 they had a team event each of those summers. But they haven't had another team event since 2008. So I'd literally been sitting on the Town Flags and the town shirts I'd bought for four years.

I can't imagine that my lack of laziness is the reason I like to vend/exchange.

I don't want to be in debt or get government assistance unless it is absolutely necessary. But I think if I took out a loan for an amount of money that I actually have (like a thousand dollars if they let you take out a loan for that little) that I would be okay making payments to pay it off as long as I view the interest as paying to raise my credit.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~King Awesome

Well, 2007 and 2008 they had a team event each of those summers. But they haven't had another team event since 2008. So I'd literally been sitting on the Town Flags and the town shirts I'd bought for four years.

I can't imagine that my lack of laziness is the reason I like to vend/exchange.

I don't want to be in debt or get government assistance unless it is absolutely necessary. But I think if I took out a loan for an amount of money that I actually have (like a thousand dollars if they let you take out a loan for that little) that I would be okay making payments to pay it off as long as I view the interest as paying to raise my credit.

Ah. xD

I like to get gold; not really fond of the work in between. However, I know I have to do it to get gold. xP

I agree. :3
Well, good luck, if you do it. :3
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity

Ah. xD

I like to get gold; not really fond of the work in between. However, I know I have to do it to get gold. xP

~King Awesome

Oh, I see. That's what it is. I don't view it as work. I actually enjoy it. But I like math and crunching numbers and figuring things out logically.

I was considering buying a scooter (one of those dorky-looking non-motorcycles) as you can drive them in Maine with only a learner's permit (for which you must only pass a written exam) and they're fairly inexpensive even for a brand new one (I saw a new one for $1,200) so even though I have that much money I was thinking I might convince my bank to loan it to me to raise my credit. I've let my permit expire, though, so I have to get that back first. And then I suppose I should probably go for my license anyway. Not that I anticipate using it for much. Though my oldest brother did threaten to give me a car next spring... if I'm willing to go to Georgia to get it. >.<

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
King Awesomolocity

Ah. xD

~King Awesome

Oh, I see. That's what it is. I don't view it as work. I actually enjoy it. But I like math and crunching numbers and figuring things out logically.

I was considering buying a scooter (one of those dorky-looking non-motorcycles) as you can drive them in Maine with only a learner's permit (for which you must only pass a written exam) and they're fairly inexpensive even for a brand new one (I saw a new one for $1,200) so even though I have that much money I was thinking I might convince my bank to loan it to me to raise my credit. I've let my permit expire, though, so I have to get that back first. And then I suppose I should probably go for my license anyway. Not that I anticipate using it for much. Though my oldest brother did threaten to give me a car next spring... if I'm willing to go to Georgia to get it. >.<

I enjoy math and such, as well. And I run numbers and stuff to decide on a deal, however I just don't spend enough time doing it, so I'm more just...unsure of myself when I do. xP

Ah. xD Well...that could work.
o.O How old are you?
~King Awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out