Total Votes:[ 1105 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
xx Kyoki Sanitys Eclipse
Jace Quin

Not hoardable. You can potentially vend/exchange them but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it since many of them are hard to sell.

Not this year. Potentially if they continue making light and dark versions through 2014 then next year there will be light and dark.

Yeah, figured as much =p if they didn't cost so much (cash wise) then they'd probably do better (atleast for the full sized wings). Definitely thinking about picking up an Israfil's though, so purdy :>

Oooh that would be cool but I doubt they could do it for another 12 months after this... they already have the Mithril items in Verge so there goes the chance of getting wings/horns/tails/crowns >.>

Super Prize's are still the "best" to hoard? I finally finished selling all of my 2k11 bundles for 11m each biggrin

Edit: Ah damn Israfil's are already at 115m from the ~75 of yesterday T.T to pick them up now or wait until they're in the cash shop again... hmm...

I think they're intentionally expensive since it takes a lot of time and materials to craft them through alchemy.

I guess we'll find out in a month or so if they're going to do it or not since December is actually the beginning of the 2014 set.

I think my December CIs have done better the last couple years. Only by a small margin though. But I certainly don't normally hold onto my Super Prize that long though they do have better long-term sellability over normal CIs.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin

Basically they do pop in and out. The last several times they've been available it's been for six to twelve hours at a time. *checks my history of Flynn* Oh wait. One time it was a three hour sale. The time to buy them is generally while they are on sale or the morning after. Several of the sales have gone on without an announcement (there will just be a sale banner that will appear on the landing pages). I expect they'll go on sale again within the next few days.

Excellent. I just finished the avatar for the artwork so now I can start the one so we can be twins. I've never tried to make a unisex avatar before. Do you have any preferences/suggestions?

Alright. I guess I'll try it out sometime.

You don't need to think of it as unisex when I already look good in your clothes. The theme is obviously Jace, but don't you dare put that Nitemare Scarf on!

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Jace Quin

I guess we'll find out in a month or so if they're going to do it or not since December is actually the beginning of the 2014 set.

I think my December CIs have done better the last couple years. Only by a small margin though. But I certainly don't normally hold onto my Super Prize that long though they do have better long-term sellability over normal CIs.

HNnng... >_< what is your opinion on the "new rig" style..? It looks like the first two parts might be over-saturated and stay low for a while, at least at this first glance, though I suppose only time will tell. Alternatively what has your experience with "Mini rigs" shown? As I suppose that would be the closest comparison with what I've read.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Kiyri
Jace Quin

HNnng... >_< what is your opinion on the "new rig" style..? It looks like the first two parts might be over-saturated and stay low for a while, at least at this first glance, though I suppose only time will tell. Alternatively what has your experience with "Mini rigs" shown? As I suppose that would be the closest comparison with what I've read.

I do not believe this will be the new standard for RIGs. I think it was an interesting idea that was poorly implemented. The over-saturation of the Mini-RIG is due to the way it was packaged as a Advance Chance- exact same cause behind why the actual December RIG is unexpectedly expensive. Normally there are several hundred RIG bundles bought in advance in the form of ACs but since those weren't there and people didn't get cash ahead to buy them when they were released the people who did have cash had the opportunity to sell them for exorbitant prices.

It depends on the Mini-RIG and the items that are available from it. If the items are well-received and it's not available for a long period of time it can be a good investment. But sometimes they just stagnate.

Captain_Redpunch's Compadre

Indulgent Goat

yeah, checkmate tactics was a bad investment for me, but it's my own fault for getting on it too early. thankfully verdant grove made up for my losses. lol

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan

Flynn is currently on sale for an undisclosed amount of time. Given its recent track record I'd expect it'll be gone by tomorrow morning.

Shoot for:

Booty Singles 500-550k
Booty Bundles 6M-6.7M
Chest Singles 6M-6.5M
Chest Bundles 34-38M

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin

Flynn is currently on sale for an undisclosed amount of time. Given its recent track record I'd expect it'll be gone by tomorrow morning.

Shoot for:

Booty Singles 500-550k
Booty Bundles 6M-6.7M
Chest Singles 6M-6.5M
Chest Bundles 34-38M

emotion_bigheart
You are the best!

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
Jace Quin

Shoot for:

Booty Singles 500-550k
Booty Bundles 6M-6.7M
Chest Singles 6M-6.5M
Chest Bundles 34-38M

emotion_bigheart
You are the best!

How did you make out?

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin

How did you make out?

I was able to buy a few of the booty bundles. I was going to buy one more but...I couldn't mentally handle it lol. I can't throw so much gold around in one sitting >.> At least I'm selling them again in a while to get it back.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
Jace Quin

How did you make out?

I was able to buy a few of the booty bundles. I was going to buy one more but...I couldn't mentally handle it lol. I can't throw so much gold around in one sitting >.> At least I'm selling them again in a while to get it back.

I wouldn't wait long. It was nine days between the last release and this one. I'd probably start slowly selling them as singles in the MP.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin

I wouldn't wait long. It was nine days between the last release and this one. I'd probably start slowly selling them as singles in the MP.

Yes, sir! I need money to buy Super Prize later anyways.

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jace, I'd be interested in hearing your take on the overall state of the Gaia economy at this point. I am not finding that older bundles are keeping pace in appreciation with the current inflation, which is making it difficult to reinvest.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Ootori_K
Jace, I'd be interested in hearing your take on the overall state of the Gaia economy at this point. I am not finding that older bundles are keeping pace in appreciation with the current inflation, which is making it difficult to reinvest.

I find it much more interesting than I did in say, July, but otherwise I'm not sure what kind of take you're looking for. As to your second thought... can you explain to me what you mean by 'older bundles'?

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jace Quin
I find it much more interesting than I did in say, July, but otherwise I'm not sure what kind of take you're looking for. As to your second thought... can you explain to me what you mean by 'older bundles'?

For example, the Verdant Grove bundle is currently averaging 12 million GG on the marketplace. The Nouvelle Lune bundle, in contrast, is averaging 66 million GG. Currently, the In Deep Ship bundle is averaging 44 million GG and rising, even though it hasn't left the cash shop.

I also find it interesting that older items do not seem to be pricing upward to keep with the inflation -- this is true not only of the bundles, but of older items that haven't been rereleased recently.

Has this been something you've noticed? And how do you expect to deal with a problem like this?

(( Sorry, edited to correct an incorrect number. ))

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Ootori_K
Jace Quin

For example, the Verdant Grove bundle is currently averaging 12 million GG on the marketplace. The Nouvelle Lune bundle, in contrast, is averaging 66 million GG. Currently, the In Deep Ship bundle is averaging 44 million GG and rising, even though it hasn't left the cash shop.

I also find it interesting that older items do not seem to be pricing upward to keep with the inflation -- this is true not only of the bundles, but of older items that haven't been rereleased recently.

Has this been something you've noticed? And how do you expect to deal with a problem like this?

(( Sorry, edited to correct an incorrect number. ))

I thought I replied to this the other day but evidently I never hit send. >.<

Okay. So. The reason comparable items (in this case bundles of 'standard' CIs) cost more now doesn't really have to do with them being anymore rare, popular, or special in any way. It has everything to do with the GC to gold ratio. Overall inflation goes up and as a cash buyer you aren't going to sell RIGs for the mere 6-7M a bundle they were when Verdant Grove was released- not when you could get way more gold buying two currently-evolving REIs instead so this forces up the base price of new CIs and thereby the items inside them as well. If you look at the overall gold revenue graph you can even see why In Deep Ship has been rising since it came out- because there's been a recent surge of inflation the whole time it's been available.
User Image

Of course inflation coupled with some continued demand will bring up the price of Verdant Groves over time but not in as dramatic a fashion because the change in GC to gold ratio is a much stronger pressure on item price than demand and decreased supply are. However you'll probably be pleased to know that Verdant Grove bundles aren't really worth 12M. The MP only refreshes the average price when units are sold- so since no units have been sold since about the time the most recent bout of inflation started their price hasn't changed. But in the last few days some of the singles have sold- at ~7M a piece. Since it's such a hard spike I don't necessarily expect it to stay 7M a piece and rising hence forth but you could expect the ~5.5M they 'ought' to be worth compared to recent RIGs. Considering the limited supply and some continued demand you'd expect them to be worth more than current RIGs- but that just isn't going to be the case. Interestingly if Verdant Grove were re-released right now that would do more for the price than rarity is now (if you find this bit hard to swallow check out the graphs of Divinity's Reach, Coin Toss, and Flynn's Booty/Chest and you'll see how re-release made them go up dramatically in price.)

I definitely agree that this price disparity is the case and does not seem logical. I do find it interesting but not necessarily surprising. After all even in the historical period of much slower inflation you could still see it in the most comparable items (in terms of being originally bought with cash for a limited time and rarity) where MCs from '05 were still stuck at 10k when MCs in '09 were coming out at 150k.

I had noticed it but it hadn't particularly concerned me. The way to deal with it is the only way you can deal with it: Hoard differently. Don't lose your patience but with items coming out literally almost every day that you could hoard why hold onto an item you've already profited from in hoping to squeeze out a few more percentage points when you could make a whole lot more selling them and investing in something new? Which is not to say that you can't still buy certain things and not have to worry about them for long periods but the real profit is in active hoarding. I have gotten to the point where 95% of my gold is made from doing nothing but hoarding. I sell sometimes hundreds of millions worth in a day and turn around and buy hundreds of millions worth of a brand new item.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff