Total Votes:[ 1105 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Rhythm_of_Silence
slightly long winded question for you Jace,

I went and took a look recently at the graphs for the Phee-chan and Radio Jack slippers and I'm debating whether or not to keep a few in addition to the hoard of Kitty slips I'm building

So far the graphs for both have been fairly average, but both seem to be moving up in terms of average price lately though.

So my question is this, should i just aim for a pure Kitty slips hoard or maybe add some radio jacks and phees?

Are you looking for hoards to hold onto for several years?

Agent Frog

25,175 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Invisibility 100
Jace Quin
Rhythm_of_Silence

I went and took a look recently at the graphs for the Phee-chan and Radio Jack slippers and I'm debating whether or not to keep a few in addition to the hoard of Kitty slips I'm building

So far the graphs for both have been fairly average, but both seem to be moving up in terms of average price lately though.

So my question is this, should i just aim for a pure Kitty slips hoard or maybe add some radio jacks and phees?

odds are im going to hold onto the kitty hoard for a while minimum of several months
not too sure about the radio jacks or phees

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Rhythm_of_Silence
Jace Quin
Rhythm_of_Silence

odds are im going to hold onto the kitty hoard for a while minimum of several months
not too sure about the radio jacks or phees

If you're looking to profit significantly in a matter of months none of those items are going to get you there. I do not recommend hoarding them for profit any time in the near future.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
o_O They created a Winged item while I was away and it's going up in price again? There isn't an equip option showing up in the Market though? :O

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
o_O They created a Winged item while I was away and it's going up in price again? There isn't an equip option showing up in the Market though? :O

I wouldn't be too concerned about the price fluxtuations. The first Astra Metamorphosis was out for almost four months. It seems reasonable to expect that this one might be out for that long. But as Gaia has repeatedly demonstrated with CS items- they could decide to pull it at any time or never. If you want to start buying them slowly at reasonable prices I think that would be a reasonable course of action.

There isn't an equip option because Astra Metamorphosis and Astra Metamorphosis Deux are special RIGs that spit out only animated wings from their specific set (AM spits out only AM wings and AMD spit out only AMD wings). If you want to look at the wings themselves search for 'astra wings' in the MP. Since there are numbers up tp 54 presumably 1-27 are in the first set and 28-54 are in set two.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Jace Quin
I wouldn't be too concerned about the price fluxtuations. The first Astra Metamorphosis was out for almost four months. It seems reasonable to expect that this one might be out for that long. But as Gaia has repeatedly demonstrated with CS items- they could decide to pull it at any time or never. If you want to start buying them slowly at reasonable prices I think that would be a reasonable course of action.

There isn't an equip option because Astra Metamorphosis and Astra Metamorphosis Deux are special RIGs that spit out only animated wings from their specific set (AM spits out only AM wings and AMD spit out only AMD wings). If you want to look at the wings themselves search for 'astra wings' in the MP. Since there are numbers up tp 54 presumably 1-27 are in the first set and 28-54 are in set two.

I just remembered the existence of that RIG xD Thanks for the explanation! I'm kind of broke now though. Trying to sell the Super Prizes. Do you usually sell RIGs in MP or in the Exchange?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
Jace Quin

I just remembered the existence of that RIG xD Thanks for the explanation! I'm kind of broke now though. Trying to sell the Super Prizes. Do you usually sell RIGs in MP or in the Exchange?

I usually sell them in the MP. I will occasionally sell them in the Exchange but I'm much more likely to try to trade for other items rather than sell if I'm using the Exchange.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Thanks for the response. And here's another question sweatdrop

Do you know how these items are being given exactly? surprised They seem to pop out of nowhere sometimes and things like the Opulent Scarf Sash are rather rare (though that may simply be because of how good looking the item is)...

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
Thanks for the response. And here's another question sweatdrop

Do you know how these items are being given exactly? surprised They seem to pop out of nowhere sometimes and things like the Opulent Scarf Sash are rather rare (though that may simply be because of how good looking the item is)...

Those are all cash-related bonuses. Some of them are for signing up for auto-cash (basically authorizing Gaia to charge you monthly for a certain amount of GCash and crediting that GCash automatically to your account) and the variety of auto-cash rewards is either because they are random or different rewards have been given for signing up at different times. Some of them are sponsored offers which means that you got that item plus some 'free' cash if you watched a video for a sponsor or completed a survey or something like that. Some of them are offer rewards which means that if you did something like sign up for Netflix through Gaia then you get not only some bonus GCash but also a item for doing so. And lastly the ones that just say 'cash rewards' come from (I believe) buying the cash cards but they may be from buying GCash in general.

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Okay, thank you very much ^w^

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Orlando1210
Okay, thank you very much ^w^

You're welcome. ^.^

Familiar Phantom

Hey Jace I was wondering if you had any insight on riding the ups and downs on trends that look pretty established. For example with a graph like this:

User Image

With my very limited experience what that says to me is that this item has a very good chance of being sold at around 400k within a month and picking them up at 300k is roughly speaking pretty safe. Any thoughts?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
K76
Hey Jace I was wondering if you had any insight on riding the ups and downs on trends that look pretty established. For example with a graph like this:

User Image

With my very limited experience what that says to me is that this item has a very good chance of being sold at around 400k within a month and picking them up at 300k is roughly speaking pretty safe. Any thoughts?

What is the item?

Familiar Phantom

Jace Quin
K76

User Image

What is the item?

Hmm the item itself is Bunny Flop: http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/52299/ but if it depends on the item itself rather than just marketplace data, how so? Is it just watching out that it's not evolving or likely to be re-released?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
K76
Jace Quin
K76

User Image

What is the item?

Hmm the item itself is Bunny Flop: http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/52299/ but if it depends on the item itself rather than just marketplace data, how so? Is it just watching out that it's not evolving or likely to be re-released?

I wouldn't recommend it.

It sells very few units a day even at Easter when the demand should be the highest. And even though it looks like it has an 'established' trend Gaia could change that at any moment. Bunny Flop was released in a Easter Bundle and as a regular Cash Shop item it could be put back into the Cash Shop or re-released in a RIG at any time. It would be highly risky and potentially not as profitable as another hoard you could put your gold into instead.

Unless you have a lot of gold it's much safer to stick to investing in items which either already have a limited/dwindling supply or items which soon will have a limited/dwindling supply with no chance of being re-released (the notable exception being RIGs as there is a high probability of their being re-released in Super Prize 2k12 but historically this has not had a hugely detrimental impact on the hoardability of RIGs).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff