By stalking Jace. 0.081447963800905 8.1% [ 90 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.18552036199095 18.6% [ 205 ]
Total Votes:[ 1105 ]

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Thank you, Jace. That was more or less the conclusion that I'd been coming to, and it is nice to have it confirmed.

Unfortunately, I do not have time to actively play the marketplace as a day trader, so it makes playing with these small, fast fluctuations somewhat more difficult -- and I am still working up to the hundreds of millions nest egg. At this point I am typically working in the 10-20 million range in terms of being able to buy and sell comfortably, which is why the spike in prices has become more tricky to deal with.

It seems that I should sell now and invest quickly before the inflation spikes again and makes it truly impossible. I will endeavor to do so. Thank you.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Oddly enough, I'm getting ridiculous percentage returns on my investments as long as I either...
1. Don't try
2. If I lose, wait until some inflation machine comes out and selling then.
So...I guess the added market volatility is helping me by making me not care.

For example...January 2014 MCs...they sucked so I held onto them. And now I'm getting averages of 385-420%. (My spreadsheet says my average is 85%, but that's because I actually am including in my total calculations 15 that I either kept for myself or gifted to others (Meaning...a loss of 100%) vs 8 that I've actually sold at that 400% margin.

If I sold all of them at 400%, I would have made upwards of 100m profit from just the 23 letters. which is ridiculously awesome.

TL;DR I've been having luck with the "I don't care about Gaia" and "if you lose, just hold and wait" approach to hoarding. xd
~King Awesome
~King Awesome

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50

who wants that? o_o

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
I've been collecting tin cans but I won't be buying any.
selling trash.
hording gambino grab bags since the last ones gave me a profit

Diligent Bibliophile

15,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Hoarding...jeez...

IDK what to do anymore honestly. I'm sitting here with 100 million and IDK what to invest it in. Dx

Right now, I am in the same boat as King. I bought a few things that are not looking too good right now in price (I am in fact losing quite a bit of funds), but I guess if I hold on to it long enough, it'll rise anyway due to inflation and then I'll be able to sell for a profit...if it really is one with the way gold is devaluing each day. Then again, since I am not buying any items, AKA, no longer care for it, gold is more valuable to me then items really. The only item of value I have is 3rd gen Agape, an extra one I was supposed to sell awhile ago, but I kept it for avi purposes instead of selling it...looking at the price of it makes me want to sell, but maybe another time I will.... eh, I really hate this uncertainty. I was like this before and it wasn't too bad, but now it is worse due to this inflation business. Dx

Love this guide still, and you too Jace. emotion_hug emotion_awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
kitty868theonly
Hoarding...jeez...

IDK what to do anymore honestly. I'm sitting here with 100 million and IDK what to invest it in. Dx

Right now, I am in the same boat as King. I bought a few things that are not looking too good right now in price (I am in fact losing quite a bit of funds), but I guess if I hold on to it long enough, it'll rise anyway due to inflation and then I'll be able to sell for a profit...if it really is one with the way gold is devaluing each day. Then again, since I am not buying any items, AKA, no longer care for it, gold is more valuable to me then items really. The only item of value I have is 3rd gen Agape, an extra one I was supposed to sell awhile ago, but I kept it for avi purposes instead of selling it...looking at the price of it makes me want to sell, but maybe another time I will.... eh, I really hate this uncertainty. I was like this before and it wasn't too bad, but now it is worse due to this inflation business. Dx

You're right about losing value by holding onto things hoping they go above what you bought them for. Since gold is becoming less and less valuable even when things go "back up" after a while unless they go up more than the rate of inflation they've really just lost more value. You should just ditch them and reinvest in something that's going to go up faster than the rate of inflation.

Every time they announce something I write down the day it's leaving. Then at the end of the day I look to see what's leaving today. Then I buy some. This does not work universally well for all items but since they release stuff every day you can invest a little in a lot of items and thereby spread out the risk.

I have been trying to do major re-works for both of my guides but it's not an easy process. For my other guide I want to try to figure out how much you can earn from various gold-earning methods in an hour. How much for an hour of Booty Grab, an hour of fishing, an hour of zOMG, and so forth... compared to an hour of vending/exchanging or hoarding.

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Jace Quin
kitty868theonly
Hoarding...jeez...

You're right about losing value by holding onto things hoping they go above what you bought them for. Since gold is becoming less and less valuable even when things go "back up" after a while unless they go up more than the rate of inflation they've really just lost more value. You should just ditch them and reinvest in something that's going to go up faster than the rate of inflation.

Every time they announce something I write down the day it's leaving. Then at the end of the day I look to see what's leaving today. Then I buy some. This does not work universally well for all items but since they release stuff every day you can invest a little in a lot of items and thereby spread out the risk.

I have been trying to do major re-works for both of my guides but it's not an easy process. For my other guide I want to try to figure out how much you can earn from various gold-earning methods in an hour. How much for an hour of Booty Grab, an hour of fishing, an hour of zOMG, and so forth... compared to an hour of vending/exchanging or hoarding.

I'm still seeing a profit with rigs. They move so fast. You gotta buy them when they're low, preferably on sale, and still in the cash shop, and then sell them for a few million profit each after they've left. It's only a few million profit, but it helps me keep up with inflation.

Also, the 'limited' items in the cash shop, the ones that have only a certain number of them before they leave, skyrocket in price once people realize they can't buy them. The heterochromia lovesick gaze was at 80 million in the marketplace when it was in the cash shop, and now it's going for over 200 million.

Rare

9,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
hoarding animal halo lol
Jace Quin

1. Is that still what you're doing? o.o Is it still working?

2. How much is even "rich" anymore? xD;

3. And do a simple guestimate of your worth right now, so I can compare. xD
~Lord Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~Lord Awesome

1. Yes and no. If I can vend I earn gold faster than hoarding. By sheer volume by the time I get around to selling some stuff it takes so long to sell it that in the time I put in trying to sell it I could have earned more vending. But since I'm waaaay too lazy to vend all the time I still buy a lot of stuff. I really want to pay people to keep track of that for me. How do I find people who want to make a gaia news thing that puts out a daily update on what is leaving today so I can be their patron? I don't want to run this news thing- just fund it.

2. Well, I know there was a race on to see who could be the first to get to a trillion in pure when they raised the cap. I'm sure someone has probably 'won' by now. Since the new cap is in the septillions I imagine people are going for a quadrillion.

3. I have no idea. Not counting my expansive wardrobe and stuff from RIGs that I opened rather than bothering to sell or my event hoards... 37B pure at the moment, just shy of enough white inks to make a white body dye, conservative (and by conservative I mean I looked up the prices of the things I had the most of realized it would be well over X number and stopped adding) estimate of just the RIGs I'm trying to sell right now is well over 100M. And then there are the things that I wear. I am wearing a 16B gold item on my avatar right now that you can't see. I don't even try to pay attention to what all that stuff is worth. And. I don't really... care.

4. I decided to see if I could earn (as opposed to just selling s**t I already own) 75B before the current goldsink ends. Want to race?
Jace Quin
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~Lord Awesome

1. Yes and no. If I can vend I earn gold faster than hoarding. By sheer volume by the time I get around to selling some stuff it takes so long to sell it that in the time I put in trying to sell it I could have earned more vending. But since I'm waaaay too lazy to vend all the time I still buy a lot of stuff. I really want to pay people to keep track of that for me. How do I find people who want to make a gaia news thing that puts out a daily update on what is leaving today so I can be their patron? I don't want to run this news thing- just fund it.

2. Well, I know there was a race on to see who could be the first to get to a trillion in pure when they raised the cap. I'm sure someone has probably 'won' by now. Since the new cap is in the septillions I imagine people are going for a quadrillion.

3. I have no idea. Not counting my expansive wardrobe and stuff from RIGs that I opened rather than bothering to sell or my event hoards... 37B pure at the moment, just shy of enough white inks to make a white body dye, conservative (and by conservative I mean I looked up the prices of the things I had the most of realized it would be well over X number and stopped adding) estimate of just the RIGs I'm trying to sell right now is well over 100M. And then there are the things that I wear. I am wearing a 16B gold item on my avatar right now that you can't see. I don't even try to pay attention to what all that stuff is worth. And. I don't really... care.

4. I decided to see if I could earn (as opposed to just selling s**t I already own) 75B before the current goldsink ends. Want to race?

Looking at prices of items, (especially considering I haven't been active for a few months), I feel like my 65m on my main is absolute s**t right now. xD; So...that's great. gg Gaia. xP
~Lord Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~Lord Awesome

Looking at prices of items, (especially considering I haven't been active for a few months), I feel like my 65m on my main is absolute s**t right now. xD; So...that's great. gg Gaia. xP
~Lord Awesome

Ah. Yeah. Not so much, no. If you'd put that all into practically any item you would have ended up better off.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~Lord Awesome

~Lord Awesome

Ah. Yeah. Not so much, no. If you'd put that all into practically any item you would have ended up better off.

Well, I have plenty of items that were sitting around. After looking at my inventory, my worth is probably in the 30b range, which I would say isn't too bad. Now I'm just trying to see what I'm willing to part with in order to catch up. I just sold like 2 things and I'm in the 400m mark. xD

Edit: Lol, 30b in sellable items. Certain items I refuse to sell. (IE: white body dye. xp )
~King Awesome

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
King Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin
Lord Awesomolocity
Jace Quin

~Lord Awesome

~Lord Awesome

Well, I have plenty of items that were sitting around. After looking at my inventory, my worth is probably in the 30b range, which I would say isn't too bad. Now I'm just trying to see what I'm willing to part with in order to catch up. I just sold like 2 things and I'm in the 400m mark. xD

Edit: Lol, 30b in sellable items. Certain items I refuse to sell. (IE: white body dye. xp )
~King Awesome

That's not too bad. You could certainly vend with a few hundred million.

Speaking of white body dye. Got any white, red, green, or blue inks you're willing to part with? I'm twenty-nine whites shy of a body dye.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff