Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lilliana Skye
Lots of languages have different words for the same thing. It wouldn't be a very good language without synonyms ^_^
Exactly. The primary use, I'm discovering, is that Fete sounds better when you pair it with ej, and Veji sounds better with everything else. XD So it's more an aesthetic thing.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
So Trisk...care to play help the girl who is terrible at languages xd

What does ruv-pepejo mean? I get the stike/smite part, but the second word eludes me.

And while we're at it, what is a good way to say: What does _______ mean?
Lilliana Skye
So Trisk...care to play help the girl who is terrible at languages xd

What does ruv-pepejo mean? I get the stike/smite part, but the second word eludes me.

And while we're at it, what is a good way to say: What does _______ mean?

Well, break it down. When an infinitive is hyphenated with another word following it, it's normally a sign of the imperative, the command form. A more forceful version is "Feruv-", which is literally "[Someone], go smite [something]". The hyphenated word, in this case pepejo, is the person or object being commanded.

Pejo means fire, while (pe-) means highest or best, the most amazing or perfect of a given thing. In this case, I've meant it more like divine or holy. The literal translation of Ruv-pepejo cu ujo would then be "Divine Fire, smite this fool!" Divine Fire, then, being a reference to Vulcagni.

Asking your question would be simpler. XD

"Cou-peleve cu?"

With 'Cou' as the question particle and pelev being the verb 'to mean'. Cu is, of course, "this."

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
TriskDaemon
Well, break it down. When an infinitive is hyphenated with another word following it, it's normally a sign of the imperative, the command form. A more forceful version is "Feruv-", which is literally "[Someone], go smite [something]". The hyphenated word, in this case pepejo, is the person or object being commanded.

Pejo means fire, while (pe-) means highest or best, the most amazing or perfect of a given thing. In this case, I've meant it more like divine or holy. The literal translation of Ruv-pepejo cu ujo would then be "Divine Fire, smite this fool!" Divine Fire, then, being a reference to Vulcagni.

Asking your question would be simpler. XD

"Cou-peleve cu?"

With 'Cou' as the question particle and pelev being the verb 'to mean'. Cu is, of course, "this."
xd That was more information than I thought I was going to get. Thanks ^_^ I was mostly confused by the double pe, since pejo means fire. I forgot to look for a prefix.

lol I'm trying to make a crib sheet of common things I ask...and asking how to say something seems to be at the top of my list for some reason xp And I couldn't figure out a good way to say 'does'. Closest I got was 'Jasis muere ________ peleve?' which is probably conjugated incorrectly and probably sounds terrible ^_^

So the other two are (?):
Vulcagni, tej-si eja e petarcca su anpec lusse hei ue.
Vulcagni, give me the power for governing over all life.
Vulcagni, suy pejo-si ruve verei-eja.
Vulcagni, may your fire strike my enemies.

I'd rather not do those wrong as my god seems prone to smiting people ^_^
Yah, you got those pretty well.

Some other common phrases are things like:

- As sia? (How are you?)

- La eja. (I'm good, I'm okay.)

- Veh eja. (I'm bad, I'm not okay.)

- Teilu! (Hello!)

- Cou'ese? (Basically, "What's up?" From Cou-uese.)

- Ve mutej. (Nothing much.)

- Ve ana'na. (Absolutely nothing.)

- Ana'na! (Holy s**t there's a lot going on.)

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Oo, thanks ^_^ *writes those down*

Just one more thing and I'll leave you alone xd

Is this how you say help? (as in "you help me!" wink
Feeicce-si!
The problem with adding the Fe of the imparative is that it doubles up the e.
Lilliana Skye
Oo, thanks ^_^ *writes those down*

Just one more thing and I'll leave you alone xd

Is this how you say help? (as in "you help me!" wink
Feeicce-si!
The problem with adding the Fe of the imparative is that it doubles up the e.
Look at the new doc I released. XD. Several of the prayers have that construction.

"Feicc-si"

Remember, commands are INFINITIVE, not conjugated. The e simply blends.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
TriskDaemon
Look at the new doc I released. XD. Several of the prayers have that construction.

"Feicc-si"

Remember, commands are INFINITIVE, not conjugated. The e simply blends.
lol I should look at the other gods' prayers, my bad ^_^
TriskDaemon

Mr. Compatible notices something! Everyone in the vicinity is shocked, but wholly indifferent.
That obviously means that Pejout (soon to be Vulcagni) has 'fire' in its literal meaning. Tavato is clearly linked with 'ice'. A little too coincidental? Was this language composed before or after the time of Pejout and Tavato? Or is this something to do with destiny, and the gods had a hand in it?
I prefer to think it's destiny, Mr. Compatible. XD

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Mr. Compatible
TriskDaemon

Mr. Compatible notices something! Everyone in the vicinity is shocked, but wholly indifferent.
That obviously means that Pejout (soon to be Vulcagni) has 'fire' in its literal meaning. Tavato is clearly linked with 'ice'. A little too coincidental? Was this language composed before or after the time of Pejout and Tavato? Or is this something to do with destiny, and the gods had a hand in it?

Did Red Riding hood get her name because she wore a red riding hood, or did she wear a red riding hood because that was her name?
Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? If we're not being metaphorical,the egg of course, evolution destroys philosophy
If a tree falls in a forest.. Okay, enough of that.

yeah, Destiny xp
I prefer to think that both names and words determined each other.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Alterations in language occur all the time. It wouldn't be surprising for those words to have taken on that meaning. Sort of like the developement of current slang. Depending on it's usage the entire meaning of a word can be altered (or replace another word).

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Teilu!
The fete Veseta is not always obvious to us ovre.

ooh hey! Naming ceremonies might be a fun thing. Parents go to their shrine/whatever and have thier tina blessed (and or named) by whichever god they follow.
Deviant
Teilu!
The fete Veseta is not always obvious to us ovre.

ooh hey! Naming ceremonies might be a fun thing. Parents go to their shrine/whatever and have thier tina blessed (and or named) by whichever god they follow.
Naming ceremonies would be fun to get into. I should make a doc on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff