Welcome to Gaia! ::

T^T I feel incredibly stupid, I hardly see any correalation between the syntax of the languages you compared it to. After comparing the elements for each language, it seems that some words correlate with another language!
Pejo-Fuego/Fogo
Seems like the word for fire in Gaiata resembles Portuguese and Spanish the best.

Nune-Lune
The closest resemblance would be the French word.
Since my two cents really is based on no knowledge whatsoever on the development of languages. I'm just going to post some art I draw for Phrigustus...
User Image
I only tried to compare... I found few similarities. Don't feel stupid. You're very intelligent, and a much better artist than I am.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
If you need more sentences in Gaiata, you could always check in the scriptures, I seem to remember some Gaiata being used there, if only in some of the footnotes. There was also some Gaiata in the 'how to pray guide':

Vulcagni, tej-si eja e petarcca su anpec lusse hei ue.
Vulcagni, give me the power for governing over all life.

Vulcagni, suy pejo-si ruve verei-eja.
Vulcagni, may your fire strike my enemies.

Ruv-pepejo cu ujo!
Divine fire, smite this fool
Peue'j tavaca, feicc-si eja tapect tarma-ej
Lord of Ice, I come to you to finish my duty. (Is this correct? The feicc-si threw me off... It's probably all wrong...)

Phrigustus, suy teolse'j sa lanease.
Phrigustus, may ... (none of these words are in the dictionary)

Tej-si tarcaste-si tyavaca muer co jasi ej noce muer.
Give strength ??? to do that which I need to do.

I'm not good at this yet...

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Guardian of Phrigustus
Peue'j tavaca, feicc-si eja tapect tarma-ej
Lord of Ice, I come to you to finish my duty. (Is this correct? The feicc-si threw me off... It's probably all wrong...)

Phrigustus, may ... (none of these words are in the dictionary)

Give strength ??? to do that which I need to do.

I'm not good at this yet...
Ok, let's see if I can still do this...Peue'j tavaca, feicc-si eja tapect tarma-ej

feicc-si is basically broken up into:

f - (F - v. (f) To go. Used in creation of imperative constructions.)
eicc - Eicc - v. (yeiss) To help.
si - Si - n. (see) Second-person singular pronoun. You, yourself.

eja is basically I with the to/for suffix.

to finish my duty

So it's basically: Lord of Ice, help me finish my duty.

sa is again

lanease is the verb laneas (to love) conjugated.

Phrigustus, may my [something] again love.

Hmm, that teolse is weird, is the spelling correct?

You're mostly right, except I'd say it's more:

Give your strength ??? to do that which I need to do.

I don't know tyavaca, either.

If you can't figure something out, make sure you check for prefixes/suffixes/the syntax guide. That helps a lot, I found. Sorry that first one is so stream of consciousness, that's how I work best when decoding the language.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Hmm...I'll hammer away at this teolse'j thing and post notes as I go. Maybe what I post will help someone else figure it out.

The near-end -e could be a present conjugation.

According to the section on Noun Possession in the syntax guide, suffixing something with -ej labels it as "mine". According to the Note On Hyphenation at the back, a word ending in e-ej would be shortened in speech and sometimes in writing (especially when writing about speech) as e'j. So teolse'j is shorthand for teolse-ej, so whatever a teolse is, this one belongs to the speaker.

ilse means "her"...The reference to love might make this relevant...perhaps there's a construction involving adding "teo" of some sort to "ilse"...and isn't there a word meaning "heart"? What's that...

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Well, tei- means objectwards, so maybe it means to her? As in: Phrigustus, may my love go to her again.

Maybe two i's make an o? lol

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Entirely possible. Incidentally, "heart" translates as "titu", so no help there...although this whole "help me with love" thing seems like an odd request of Phrigustus. Didn't he swear never to love again after losing the Ice Princess?

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
That is a bit weird...but laneas is definately love...and I don't see any negations in the sentence. I would think Lunaris would be the one to pray to for love.
The whole odd thing I find about Phrigustus is primarily that he is such a big softie. He hates violence, he hates harm to others, and he restricts me and his fellow worshipers from killing without his consent. Somehow I really don't think Phrigustus can get over his mortal side of 'love again'.

Who is this 'her' they speak of?

Phrigustus, may my love go to her again

Her as in a personal her, a her in which we, the prayer, define.
Or is it someone else?
Because if the 'her' is a reference to the Ice Princess, then it could be seen as a sarcastic remark on Phrigustus's benefit. Some sort of commemoration and mockery of what had pained Phrigustus so, though this theory is pretty weak. I don't think the Winter God approves of mockery, even if it is against someone who severely hurt him.

Or it may simply be because he is the opposite of Vulcagni, who resembles fire and fire usually coincides with hate. And the opposite of hate is love.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
My guess would be, assuming we are translating the word correctly, which is a big assumption, it would be a personal her. But again, the present wording of the prayer seems off, so my guess would be that that word is one which didn't make it into the dictionary before the thread died. It was being updated pretty regularly when the thread was active and it may have been something that was going to be added at a later date.

My impression of the gods would be that you can't pigeon hole them that much. I would put it in the broader sense. Vulcagni represents the emotional, passionate side (even though his followers disavow emotion in battle) and Phrigustus represents the more stoic side.
Wow! This is a nice projects you've got going! I wish I could help with this dilemma you have, but I don't know what the problem is exactly. I hope you can figure something out! Since winter is what I find to be the most important thing to me, Phrigustus seems to be the best choice for me. It's scary how that other guy has his posts just like mine, but bigger font.
Lilliana Skye
My guess would be, assuming we are translating the word correctly, which is a big assumption, it would be a personal her. But again, the present wording of the prayer seems off, so my guess would be that that word is one which didn't make it into the dictionary before the thread died. It was being updated pretty regularly when the thread was active and it may have been something that was going to be added at a later date.

My impression of the gods would be that you can't pigeon hole them that much. I would put it in the broader sense. Vulcagni represents the emotional, passionate side (even though his followers disavow emotion in battle) and Phrigustus represents the more stoic side.

Oi. When will this project ever get up and running again? If only we could take it on ourselves to create the words....but then things would'nt make sense unless we knew the original motives of Seth and Trisk D:

Vulcagni does seem to resemble emotion at its fullest. His symbol is the flame, and his season his summer. He would have superb relations with Apollus, but I can't help but shake off the feeling that something is off with Vulcagni.

Phrigustus seems mores disciplined, and stoic, as you said.

But both of these gods were once mortals, even though they usually embody two sides of one matter, they are still subject to experiencing those other emotions. Vulcagni can seem like the stoic one, the rash and the emotional usually react in the strangest ways when their bidding his refused (hence his lover). Phrigustus seems like he could experience emotions of anger as well (thought not at its strongest). I wouldn't look at the gods to be the strict embodiment of a certain characteristic. Even if they are nature, they are gods that were once mortal and vulnerable.

@Winter Charade-
Deciphering scripture. Learning the scripture. Theorizing about the gods.
and WOOHOO
PHRIGUSTUS
It was nice and cold today for my finals. Normally, it's too hot this time of year. My prayer to him came true in a way.
]=[

Does anyone have the PDF files? All of them, preferably. I lost mine a while back.

]=[

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces