Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
In theory you should be able to use both interchangeably, but in practice, smitten connotates "Captivated;taken" like the last entry in that Webster entry. besides, "Smote by her beauty" doesn't sound as .. nice.. as "Smitten..." :Rofl:

There's nothing stopping you from using smitten instead of smote, but be prepared for misunderstandings about Diophilia blaugh
lol Is diophilia a word? xd

@DrunkenStyle: Ooo heart

I don't think so, but it sounds less.. unappealing.. then "Godlust"..

which would be an awesome name for a band 3nodding

godphilia?

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant

godphilia?
It's actually theophilia apparently xd Yay for the internet!

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant

godphilia?
It's actually theophilia apparently xd Yay for the internet!

AHA! I knew it was something like that. I wonder how many cases of theophilia there actually are, can't be so common that there's a name for it can there?

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
AHA! I knew it was something like that. I wonder how many cases of theophilia there actually are, can't be so common that there's a name for it can there?
Well...the greek gods had stories about mortals being seduced by the gods. There could be lots of little Appolites running around (j/k! I don't want to be smitten xd ).

I found the term on a site that listed alot of -pilias 3nodding
I would have thought theophilia would refer to God (of Judeo-Christianity). Deiphelia was my guess, which I think is what Deviant was trying to say. Like deicide (trying to kill a god... good idea).

Also, Vulcagni looks awesome. Very similar to Ifrit from Final Fantasy, I think, but awesome nonetheless.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Yeah, I wondered about that. But the definition said love of a God. There didn't seem to be an option for loving one god in a multiple god setting or multiple gods 3nodding
Lilliana Skye
Yeah, I wondered about that. But the definition said love of a God. There didn't seem to be an option for loving one god in a multiple god setting or multiple gods 3nodding

Well, it certainly hasn't happened very often. So I guess either would be acceptable, since the word itself isn't a common knowledge sort of thing.

EDIT: Darkheart's online... does this mean the Vulcagni full picture will be up soon? Or was DrunkenStyle's pic just a teaser?

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
Well...the greek gods had stories about mortals being seduced by the gods. There could be lots of little Appolites running around (j/k! I don't want to be smitten xd ).

I found the term on a site that listed alot of -pilias 3nodding

xp

Imagine:
some guy: I am a decendant of Apollus!
another guy: yeah? prove it.
sg: uuhm.. there, did you see that, the day just got brighter!
ag: dude, a cloud moved..
sg: yeah! I did that!
ag: whatever talk2hand

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
xp

Imagine:
Mother of Some Guy: Hey, Apollus...so about that child support xd

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
xp

Imagine:
Mother of Some Guy: Hey, Apollus...so about that child support xd

rofl
ON Jerry Springer:

Jerry: so jimmy, we have billy-bob in the back who has a secret that she wants to tell you.
Jim: okay, Jerry.
Billy-bob comes out holding a baby.
BB: Jimmy, This aint yow babeh.
Audience: ooh,ahh
Jimmy: well then whose is it?
BB: Apollus' !
Audience: woooooo!
Apollus walks ont to the stage and gives Billy bob a fat smootch.
Jim: You <beep> <beep> <beep>! I'm gonna <beep> your <beep>ing <Beep> <beep>!
Apollus Smites him
Apollus: yeah, wateva, I do what I want talk2hand

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
ON Jerry Springer:

Jerry: so jimmy, we have billy-bob in the back who has a secret that she wants to tell you.
Apollus Smites him
lol Maybe Apollus would do his decendants a favor and name them Apollus Jr. at the naming ceremonies. Although that could get confusing. "I'm Apollus Jr. the 12th!"

(*shakes head* South Park reference again xp )

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
ON Jerry Springer:

Apollus Smites him
lol Maybe Apollus would do his decendants a favor and name them Apollus Jr. at the naming ceremonies. Although that could get confusing. "I'm Apollus Jr. the 12th!"

(*shakes head* South Park reference again xp )

*snicker* I'm working on my RP bio. so, obviously, my head has gone completely blank and my spelling out the window sweatdrop

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
*snicker* I'm working on my RP bio. so, obviously, my head has gone completely blank and my spelling out the window sweatdrop
I do that alot. I was still sort of hesitant about how to develop a character for this particular RP...but I took a stab at it and hoped for the best. Although, I had to do it over several days. 3nodding There is alot of potential for the Veset universe, so it's pretty exciting.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
I do that alot. I was still sort of hesitant about how to develop a character for this particular RP...but I took a stab at it and hoped for the best. Although, I had to do it over several days. 3nodding There is alot of potential for the Veset universe, so it's pretty exciting.

ohya! It's going to be great 3nodding
I just sent mine now, I think I rewrote it 50 times or something, just to get it right (which it still isn't but what ya gonna do *shrug* )
Hopefully, Seth can see through the horrible bio. to the really cool character underneath it all xp

I also realised I've only been in 4 RP's my entire life sweatdrop I was sure it was more...

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
ohya! It's going to be great 3nodding
I just sent mine now, I think I rewrote it 50 times or something, just to get it right (which it still isn't but what ya gonna do *shrug* )
Hopefully, Seth can see through the horrible bio. to the really cool character underneath it all xp

I also realised I've only been in 4 RP's my entire life sweatdrop I was sure it was more...
You've still got about 3 on me ^_^ I'm going to have an interesting time since my character is pretty much the opposite of me sweatdrop

Following Vulcagni is one thing, RPing a follower is probably going to be a challenge 3nodding I'm still having trouble with the repression of emotion thing. If they are uber violent, you'd think they would be emotional...but I can see it going the other way I suppose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff