Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Werewolf

DrunkenStyle
The Pie
DrunkenStyle
Silver Gryphon
So they only want us to draw fan art of fan art?

lol, we want fan art of the gods that Veset depicted them to be.

to put it simply, fan art of the 'official' fanart.

Gimme a break, I'm trying to make this sound as modest as possible. XD

More bluntly, we want what Veset's showing, not what your own idea was before Veset. But yeah. If you don't like the Veset gods, you don't have to draw em. :B

Basically, if you draw the "official" fanart, then those get posted up on first page.

But if you don't, and you draw your own versions, it won't get posted.

Right? >3>

Yeah

I'm sorry, but I don't think that's fair. It seems very selfish, like "nah nah, we were here first, we made the rules, so you're irrelevant!"

I just thought that this thread would be the best place to post fan art, to get it put up for others to see. Isn't that what fan threads are for? Guess I'll stop wasting my time, then. neutral

You should put some sort of notice on the front page about not accepting fan art of anything other than your versions.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
DrunkenStyle
Deviant
Thanks *bows*

You could always have a black figure on a starrey background, sortof using the lighter "space" to define the shape of Lunaris.

I like the idea of her being a person shaped chunk of space, with stars and stuff, but I doubt that's canon.

I can't do backgrounds, it would ruin the flow of the front page.

But yeah. You'll see what I mean when I say "it's hard to design a person just as a silhouette" and "it's hard to put black on black" XD

I'll try my best though.

you could use a stylised moon as her background? Lunaris and the moon are very firmly linked (If I remember correctly)

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Silver Gryphon
DrunkenStyle
The Pie
DrunkenStyle
Silver Gryphon
So they only want us to draw fan art of fan art?

lol, we want fan art of the gods that Veset depicted them to be.

to put it simply, fan art of the 'official' fanart.

Gimme a break, I'm trying to make this sound as modest as possible. XD

More bluntly, we want what Veset's showing, not what your own idea was before Veset. But yeah. If you don't like the Veset gods, you don't have to draw em. :B

Basically, if you draw the "official" fanart, then those get posted up on first page.

But if you don't, and you draw your own versions, it won't get posted.

Right? >3>

Yeah

I'm sorry, but I don't think that's fair. It seems very selfish, like "nah nah, we were here first, we made the rules, so you're irrelevant!"

I just thought that this thread would be the best place to post fan art, to get it put up for others to see. Isn't that what fan threads are for? Guess I'll stop wasting my time, then. neutral

You should put some sort of notice on the front page about not accepting fan art of anything other than your versions.

i think is very fair, they did everything: languaje, texts, monastery... this belongs to them. if administrators were the creators or had posted their own concepts i could unserstand that, but on some way eacho god belongs to the creators of this thread whee

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
What? You can still post it here, it's just that they won't post it on the front page. >3> And it's not *that* big of a deal.

Oh well. perhaps they could make a little section for other artist's renditions? >3>

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
The Pie
What? You can still post it here, it's just that they won't post it on the front page. >3> And it's not *that* big of a deal.

Oh well. perhaps they could make a little section for other artist's renditions? >3>

>.> revelations?

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Galphath
The Pie

>.> revelations?

Yeah, you could call it: Revelations: The many faces of the Veseti.
that'd be pretty awesome.

Space Werewolf

Deviant
Galphath
The Pie

>.> revelations?

3nodding That could work.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Silver Gryphon
Deviant
Galphath
The Pie

>.> revelations?

3nodding That could work.

3nodding It would make a nice seperation between the "official" and the "unofficial" images (although all are "accurate" wink

someone tell Seth ninja
Silver Gryphon

Relax, like I said, I like your Phrigustus pic. And we do have a notice on the front page about that. You'll have to deal with Seth about that kind of thing.

And yeah I said before that I also have my own versions before Veset came up, but that doesn't mean that it's obsolete just because this thread depicts them differently.

Space Werewolf

DrunkenStyle
And we do have a notice on the front page about that. You'll have to deal with Seth about that kind of thing.

I saw that, but it doesn't mention the thread policy that he'll only put up art that looks like yours.

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Y'know, Silver. If it bugs you that much, you can always just start a whole new thread.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I've amended the first post:
First Post
However, we do ask that you kindly refrain from submitting fanart that actually depicts the Gods themselves; we have commissioned an artist and are waiting for our own visions of the Gods to come to life. All fanart of the Gods that wishes to be listed on the front page must conform with the 'official' God depictions; those used to decorate each God's individual post.

You are free to draw fanart depicting your own versions of the Gods and post them in this thread, but they will not be listed on the front page. This is not due to some kind of elitist attitude as some people seem to think, but rather just a desire to be consistent.
But what if someone draws an uberkhoolsuperultramegahypersmex art version of the gods - bound within the descriotions of course - would you change the god's images in the front page? 3nodding Just asking

Space Werewolf

The Pie
Y'know, Silver. If it bugs you that much, you can always just start a whole new thread.

And get whined at for starting a repeat topic?
Silver Gryphon
The Pie

And get whined at for starting a repeat topic?

You don't have to post it here, you can go to the art forum and post "The gods of Gaia" or something and have your own set of gods that you drew. Whatever makes you happy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff