Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
I think it's more of a "I'll smite you if you do bad things" then a "Ten hail mary's and call me in the morning" religion xp
And we're back to smiting blaugh

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
I think it's more of a "I'll smite you if you do bad things" then a "Ten hail mary's and call me in the morning" religion xp
And we're back to smiting blaugh
rofl What's a good religious debate without smitting?

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
Hey, I'm not gonna disagree. I'm a follower of the god where two of the three example prayers involve smitting xd

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
Hey, I'm not gonna disagree. I'm a follower of the god where two of the three example prayers involve smitting xd
I'm going to have to translate those some time xp There should be some generic, Any god listening type prayers 3nodding Otherwise I'm going to end up having to pick sides xp

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
I'm going to have to translate those some time xp There should be some generic, Any god listening type prayers 3nodding Otherwise I'm going to end up having to pick sides xp
I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make some up. Especially using some of the more neutral prayers to the individual gods and making them more generalized. Of course, when I say not too hard I mean for anyone but me xd

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make some up. Especially using some of the more neutral prayers to the individual gods and making them more generalized. Of course, when I say not too hard I mean for anyone but me xd

something like:
Suy ete Veseti teje laiaste eja - may the god bless me (sorta)

Magical Millionaire

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm going to be coming up with some official-ish non-side-picking prayers at some point, as well as instructions for praying to the six without bias. The position for unbias prayer is mentioned somewhere on the first page, though. You'll have to see if you can find it. surprised

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
something like:
3nodding Something like that. Just a general "Please help me!" Might also work.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Oh, hey Seth (if you're still around). Do Vulcagns repress emotion all the time? or just in battle?

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Lilliana Skye
Oh, hey Seth (if you're still around). Do Vulcagns repress emotion all the time? or just in battle?

I think that it probably depends on the level of devotion of the worshipper, to be honest. It's primarily during battle that they're supposed to repress their emotions, as it was Pejout's emotions that caused the death of the Ice Princess; their interpretation of the scripture is that only through distancing themselves from their emotions during battle can they think clearly and act logically. It also has the added bonus of removing the regret for what many others would consider a sin.

I suppose that outside of battle, a Vulcagn could be seen to let their emotions run wild, for it's the only time that they're not actually required to repress them? That would explain why many Vulcagns are artists and such. Of course, others may be more devout followers of Vulcagni and believe that because emotions were Pejout's downfall, one should never allow oneself to be distracted by their feelings?

I'm not a Vulcagn myself and it's always hard to say how somebody should interpret the Peuepialle; it's very much a personal thing.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Seth Darkheart
I think that it probably depends on the level of devotion of the worshipper, to be honest. It's primarily during battle that they're supposed to repress their emotions, as it was Pejout's emotions that caused the death of the Ice Princess; their interpretation of the scripture is that only through distancing themselves from their emotions during battle can they think clearly and act logically. It also has the added bonus of removing the regret for what many others would consider a sin.

I suppose that outside of battle, a Vulcagn could be seen to let their emotions run wild, for it's the only time that they're not actually required to repress them? That would explain why many Vulcagns are artists and such. Of course, others may be more devout followers of Vulcagni and believe that because emotions were Pejout's downfall, one should never allow oneself to be distracted by their feelings?

I'm not a Vulcagn myself and it's always hard to say how somebody should interpret the Peuepialle; it's very much a personal thing.
Ok ^_^ I just didn't know if it was a set thing or not.

Alien Sweetheart

Kind of late..But wouldn't that be funny if a god or two comes to make a nightly vist to one of the rp'ers? I know it's not gonna happen..atleast I'm sure, but wouldn't that be an interesting story/plot idea LOL
Praying without bias is a tricky thing. Even if you do pray without bias, certain TYPES of prayers are more effective with certain gods. Phrigustus, for example, won't grant your request for bloody revenge, while Vulcagni would be more than happy. Vulc wouldn't want to hear about your mangled love life, though. Praying without bias is simply allowing yourself to direct your prayers where they need to go. Of course, there are more vague prayers that would be applicable to an entire Sonoa, or even the whole Pantheon.

Edit: And on controlling emotions... There are two types of control. There's control where you stop the river by damming it up, and control where you channel the river along the course you want it to take.

When you use both of these, you can control how much, where and when the river is flowing.
Deviant
Lilliana Skye
Deviant

something like:

Suy ete Veseti eicce ej m' e pesca...
Suy ete Veseti teje si pirai lacea.

Ne rou tepacui jasi ve iotte e pacu "Veseti" ate.

Suy laei sia.
Suy lavai hisene sia.
Suy hete'j lotafe ana hete.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out