Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
TriskDaemon
Deviant
Teilu!
The fete Veseta is not always obvious to us ovre.

ooh hey! Naming ceremonies might be a fun thing. Parents go to their shrine/whatever and have thier tina blessed (and or named) by whichever god they follow.
Naming ceremonies would be fun to get into. I should make a doc on it.

The question is: how do we maintain free-will if our alligience is set by our tevoi?

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
The question is: how do we maintain free-will if our alligience is set by our tevoi?
Well, I was raised Catholic and am not Catholic now. Maybe a coming of age ceremony where you either affirmed your parents choice or chose your own path 3nodding
Deviant
TriskDaemon
Deviant
Teilu!
The fete Veseta is not always obvious to us ovre.

ooh hey! Naming ceremonies might be a fun thing. Parents go to their shrine/whatever and have thier tina blessed (and or named) by whichever god they follow.
Naming ceremonies would be fun to get into. I should make a doc on it.

A lot of cultures do birth names/chosen names.
If it happened as a result of natural language evolution, I'd have thought it would be more related to the names Vulcagni and Phrigustus.
So I suppose destiny is the more appropriate choice. That, however, gives the impression that the gods already knew the big affair with the princess would occur. However, are the gods omniscient? If Apollus knew Pejout would fail... would he have bothered? Maybe he'd have found someone else.

The logical conclusion, methinks, is that Apollus and Lunaris scoured the lands looking for someone linked to fire or ice. Which is silly.

EDIT: Wow, I'm slow. We've changed topic entirely. Umm... birthing ceremonies. Well, non-Christians can have Christian names... think of all the poor atheists named Theodore. Lots of common names are Biblical, and it doesn't matter too much.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Maybe the change in language occured between when the whole princess fiasco happened and when Vulcagni and Phrigustus were accepted into the pantheon by mortals. That would have given some time for the language to alter as the story of the cities destruction and the princesses death spread. (I don't see a time frame in scripture, so this could be totally wrong and the prophet could have appeared a few hours after they were made into gods)

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Maybe the change in language occured between when the whole princess fiasco happened and when Vulcagni and Phrigustus were accepted into the pantheon by mortals. That would have given some time for the language to alter as the story of the cities destruction and the princesses death spread. (I don't see a time frame in scripture, so this could be totally wrong and the prophet could have appeared a few hours after they were made into gods)
I'll have to read the scriptures again, but if I'm not mistaken, Pejout and <insert name of Phrigustus here> did wonder the land for a long while..long enough to become more like their elements, I don't know.

Or the story could have arisen from a need to explain the appearance of the newd gods, sort of rewriting history to accomodate them.

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
I'll have to read the scriptures again, but if I'm not mistaken, Pejout and <insert name of Phrigustus here> did wonder the land for a long while..long enough to become more like their elements, I don't know.

Or the story could have arisen from a need to explain the appearance of the newd gods, sort of rewriting history to accomodate them.
Tavato ^_^ (which word wants to spellcheck into tomato xd (or avatar)). Yeah, I'm kinda poking through the scriptures again. It's hard to remember everything 3nodding

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant

Tavato ^_^ (which word wants to spellcheck into tomato xd (or avatar)). Yeah, I'm kinda poking through the scriptures again. It's hard to remember everything 3nodding

which is why studying the scriptures is a vocation, a calling. Only the truly devout can say that they have complete knowledge of all scriptures.

which is why I prefix everything with "I could be wrong, but" rofl

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
which is why studying the scriptures is a vocation, a calling. Only the truly devout can say that they have complete knowledge of all scriptures.

I know xd I always put little qualifiers in parenthesis. Keeps me from being smitted (smitten? smote? whatever ^_^)

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant

I know xd I always put little qualifiers in parenthesis. Keeps me from being smitted (smitten? smote? whatever ^_^)

rofl Smote. being smitten by a god means something completely different blaugh

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
See that's what I said, but I got into an argument with someone and they insisted it was smitten. Websters seems to think it's either depending on case: smite.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Lilliana Skye
Deviant
See that's what I said, but I got into an argument with someone and they insisted it was smitten. Websters seems to think it's either depending on case: smite.

In theory you should be able to use both interchangeably, but in practice, smitten connotates "Captivated;taken" like the last entry in that Webster entry. besides, "Smote by her beauty" doesn't sound as .. nice.. as "Smitten..." :Rofl:

There's nothing stopping you from using smitten instead of smote, but be prepared for misunderstandings about Diophilia blaugh

3,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
DrunkenStyle
User Image

Izat Vulcagni? Awesome!

Sparkly Genius

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Deviant
In theory you should be able to use both interchangeably, but in practice, smitten connotates "Captivated;taken" like the last entry in that Webster entry. besides, "Smote by her beauty" doesn't sound as .. nice.. as "Smitten..." :Rofl:

There's nothing stopping you from using smitten instead of smote, but be prepared for misunderstandings about Diophilia blaugh
lol Is diophilia a word? xd

@DrunkenStyle: Ooo heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas