Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Kabibona'kan gave off a deep growl at the mention of prejudice.
"If it's one thing we can count on the humans for, its ignorance."
He snapped out of it quick enough, being more than a little sick of war helped. So he smiled instead and wrapped an arm around Draven's shoulders and gave her an affectionate shake.
"So sorry, love..." He whispered hopefully before gesturing to their family. "ALL of us are here for you."

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
The Malaki&VallenCourt Family

Lucifire bristled looking over at the girls.
"Excuse me? They did what?" she said her voice low.
Draven looked over at her mother. She had only ever heard her use that tone when Neesa had been kidnapped, and she had had a run in with Nerthus, the demon her mother had been possessed with when she first met Kabi.

"They..They burned down my shop..Obidiah didnt make it out." she said rubbing her face, leaning into her dad.
Kane growled.
The shifter had been one of the most gentle souls Kane had ever met.
The Jaguar had been loving and kind to everyone he had met.
"Im going to Onyx." she said simply.

She felt the distortion in the plane and looked up at the room, which was the deck of the ship.
It couldnt be. It must have been a day for old friends and family to pop back up.
She saw the raven haired cat enter the bar, Electric green cats eyes bright.
"Umi..." she said is a soft voice.
The cat looked around seeing the family he had once protected. He saw Kabi, the man that Lucifire had fallen in love with.
"Welll, isnt this a surprise." he said.

Lucifire couldnt help but smile and go to him.
Her dear old friend. Umi had known her when she was but a babe.
"Umi! How wonderful! Tell me hows Vuokko?" she said looking up at him.
Kabibona'kan's ears twitched a little at Lucifire's change in voice. Then Umi entered and he glanced up and nodded towards the cat with a smile.
"Umi! I can say the same for you."
Kabi gently rubbed Draven's back and looked slightly down to her. He spoke in a voice soft with comfort, yet a little hard with justice.
"When you're ready to talk about this let me know. I want to have Tocka to help too, and start an investigation, but we'll need a lot of information. Arson is harder to track physically, so he'll have to do most of the work socially. Just when you're ready, though."
He normally wouldn't have much knowledge on such crimes, but remembered some of the things Seth had confided in him about.
"And we have much catching up to do!"
Kabi told his daughter with a loving smile.
"Such surprises, too! Next thing you know we're gonna have Godric's flagship land down and everyone will take over, hah!"

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
The Malaki&VallenCourt Family

Umi smiled lightly at them, shrugging his shoulders.
"She is doing just fine. I told her I would be here, she had mentioned something about trying to stop by." he said looking over at Draven and then Kane.
kids had defiantly grown up.

Draven looked up at her dad and nodded her head.
"I will-" she was cut off at her mothers sudden growl at the mention of Godric.
She looked over at her lifting her brow.
"Good. I can slap the sereph upside the head." she said hands on her hips.
Draven couldnt help but laugh. If it wasnt for the fact that Lucifire wasnt so damn short, she might actually be a little terrifying.

Lucifire huffed looking up at Kabi.
"How is he doing? Along with Tocka? The russian still drunk as always?" she asked lifting her brow. She herself was Russian, but had not the love for vodka Tocka did.

Kane spoke up next, having taken a seat on the couch.
"Wheres Uncle Nex?" he said curiosly as Draven sat beside him tiredly.
She would have to return to her home soon to grab Neesa dn Heiden..

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Draven Kalisa Malaki
What Have I Gone And Run Into This Time Around, I Know That I Had Sworn Id Never Trust Anyone Again, But I Didnt Have To.
You Had Me At Hello.

Location~ The Asper
With~ n/a
Mood~ dark
Wearing~[Its A Pirates Life For Me]

Everything had quieted down, and she was now left alone on the upper deck.
Now she had time to collect her thoughts that were reeling from the events of the day.
She was sitting on the wooden rail, legs swinging off the side of the ship, she was looking out at the water.

Brushing curls from her face she thought things over.
Obidiah was gone, her best artist at the shop. Her shop was now a pile of smoldering charred wood.
Her dad was back, which was good, one fo the better things to have happened to her in the past while.

She sighed swinging her legs back over the railing.
Time to tell her sister to go home.
She didnt want to deal with her right now.
As for Heiden..she wanted to curl up in his lap and cry.

She stood, staring at the sky for a moment, every star she knew so well.
The breeze made her hair trail slightly in the wind, her violet hues darkening.
Maybe this was her sign that she belonged on the sea...not on land.
She shook her head, she had no idea, she just had to take things one step at a time.

Ive Never Seen A Smile That Can Light The Room Like Yours, Its Simply Radiant, I See It More With Every Day That Goes By, Ill Have to Make My Timing Just Right, Would It Be Okay, Would It Be Okay
If I Took Your Breath Away?

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Sister...sister...he was pretty sure she had mentioned her to him before. She didn't look a thing like Draven to him. Still...she was very cute! He felt the urge to want to play with her ears, poke at her like the lovely specimen she was.
                              "Nessa...right, name is familiar" he said as he moved to search for his pants and his black muscle shirt. His pants say low rise, showing off his beautiful tattoos. He pulled his shirt over his head and froze when he heard Nessa mention commotion.Slowly he pulled it down over his head.
                              "Oh?" he had a very sickening feeling. Something bad, very bad was happening here.

'Nessa...wait....Listen...we can't be seen out in public. I don't mean together but at all. Lockeport...is very afraid of ... our kind. They will hurt us...but at the same time I am very worried about Draven..." he began to pace. There was one more predicament ... he wasn't suppose to be in Lockeport. Period. This was a right s**t predicament. He growled as his hands ran through his hair before holding tight as he kept pacing.

[******** it. We cannot just sit here. Listen...we are going to travel my way. In shadow. We cannot afford to get into more trouble. We will stay in the shadows and look from afar. We can head to Dravens shop. If she isn't there then we can check the Asper." and he wasn't going to hear anymore on it. Slipping on his boots and grabbing the rest of his clothes he walked over to Nessa and grabbed her. He slipped one arm around her waist and looked down into her face.

"Hold on tight" and like in the Harry Potter movies when they apparate...BAM they took off in a swirl of smoke. The 'ride' would feel a little like being in the eye of a tornado. Calm but everything around them was dark and blurring, but not enough to not be able to not see where you were going. Everything was silent and calm within the eye of the tornado...chaos resumed all around them and then it stopped.

Sirens, blaring sirens were just up ahead as Heiden and Nessa peeked around the corner of a near by dark alley. Dravens shop was up in flames. There were people standing, pacing, running around the front in panic. Some people were crying but Draven was not there. Heiden was very alarmed. He really hoped she didnt do anything stupid! He had this horrific feeling in the pit of his gut that Draven was trapped in that building. Firemen were working to get that fire under control. Heiden held firmly onto Nessa in case in her own fear and panic she tried to run forwards towards the burning nightmare.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Draven Kalisa Malaki
What Have I Gone And Run Into This Time Around, I Know That I Had Sworn Id Never Trust Anyone Again, But I Didnt Have To.
You Had Me At Hello.

Location~ The Asper
With~ n/a
Mood~ dark

Neesa had leaned against the door frame listening to him argue with himself. Her brow lifted in amuesment. Whether or not he would have given her his permission, she would have gone.
But when he grabbed her, his arm around her waist pulling her to him, she gave a inward sigh of relief that she wouldnt have to make anyone upset.

She had always hated portaling. Her father, when he had been around, had insisted on traveling everywhere by it. it always made her feel like she was falling, she preferred shifting. But to each thier own.
The scene though...
Her heart dropped, and she had gone to run foreward.
All her friends...Obidiah, Jake, Lex...her sister..
"Draven!" she tried tos hout, but it came out in a hoarse croak, and she found herself being held back by a pair of pretty damn strong arms.
In a normal situation she would have admired that, but right now it made her wolf snap. She turned her head, snarling, eyes flashing/
"You let me go right now!" she hissed.

-------------

Draven neared the what had been her shop, the fire gaurd still there, people still rushing about. She stood there, hands in her pockets as she looked at the place that had once been her shop, heavy lidded eyes seemed heavier, darker.
Thats when she caught the scent. A citrusy sweet scent, and a bitter, earthen scent.
She growled, eyes narrowing as she scanned the place, hues coming to rest on a alley not to far.

She turned on her heel and headed that direction, and saw her sister, being held back by a pale Heiden. Neesa didnt look so happy.
"I thought I told you to stay at the freakin house." she said, her voice cold.

Neesa's head whipped to her, her face flooding with relief.
"I thought..I didnt..I just.." she stammered and Draven held up her hand stopping her.
She didnt want to be angry at her.

Slender hands brushed back her unruly hair and she looked at the two before her, eyes bloodshot, and she once again felt tears try and break free.
"Draven...whats wrong.." Neesa asked quietly.

Draven looked at them and her lip quivered.
"Obidiah...oh christos, Obidiah didnt make it out. The place was in flames when I got here. Lex said people came and set it a flame while they were inside it.." she muttered.

Neesa's face dropped, once again draining of all color.
"Wh...what?" she whispered, slumping against Heiden, her knees going weak. Obidiah had been her best friend. The normally silent jaguar had been her rock when things had gotten rough with Xavier, and had been there to pick her up when they inevibatly ended.

Ive Never Seen A Smile That Can Light The Room Like Yours, Its Simply Radiant, I See It More With Every Day That Goes By, Ill Have to Make My Timing Just Right, Would It Be Okay, Would It Be Okay

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

Oni was about to make her move, her get away from this ship, from this town...when she heard it. It was the loud sounds of multiple sirens. She hadn't heard that sound since that fateful night, when Lockeport had been destroyed. The town had just gotten back on its feet when this whole ordeal between humans and the supernaturals went down...

The mayor, who knew that onyx wasn't human this whole time, had exiled her. What choice did he have? He had the entire town breathing down his neck over her and while he still wanted to stay close...it just wasn't going to happen. Then Onyx saw the burning tower of flame and smoke from the deck...her bag dropped to her feet as she stood there, shocked and in horror. What was going on!? She was exiled from that part of town and could not just go rushing in to see. Needless to say...how could oni leave now!?

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"Stop scolding her!" he growled at Draven with a low incredulous hiss.

"It was my idea...and it's a good thing we came too! We were worried and thought for one horror stricken moment that ... you were in that building." Draven could tell just by the way his voice wavered that his paleness was truly genuine this time.

"Draven..." he whispered now, the bite from his voice vanished. He looked past her and at the burning building.

"It's alright...everything is going to be alright. I am...so sorry about your-" he felt the weight of Nessa now. Apparently the gentleman that died meant something to Nessa as well. He had ignored her earlier protests and demands and struggles for freedom.

"Draven...we need to find my mother. She is exiled from this part of town. I know...it will blow my cover but this...this is serious. I am glad I came back when I did even if it was forbidden to do so. Let's go back to the Asper. It isn't safe here anymore for us. We need to get to the Asper." he told them both. The simple fact that the towns people were attacking any supernatural now, not just his mother was so beyond him. Why they didn't want to co-exist ... it really baked his noodle.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Draven Kalisa Malaki
You Had Me At Hello.

Location~ The Asper
With~ n/a
Mood~ dark

Draven looked at him her eyes narrowed, and had gone to snap back at him, when she saw Neesa slump.
She felt something twist in her, raising its head, an anger that had slumbered for so long was begining to awaken.
She felt her fist clench.

"Your right....we need to go." she said through clenched teeth.
She went to grab Neesa, and pick her up, the poor girl didnt look like she could walk, having been slumped against Heiden.
But she pulled away, stepping out of his arms and stood there, head cast downward.
"Im not going anywhere. I want to see him." she said in such a soft voice, if you hadnt been listening, you wouldnt have heard it.
Draven looked at her a moment, before shaking her head.
"We cant Neesa. Not right now. Heidens right we need-" she was cut off, Neesa looking straight at her, the beginnings of a shift starting, her eyes had changed from red and blue to green and violet.
"[******** what he says. I WANT to see him NOW." she snarled out, voice raised.

Draven narrowed her eyes at her younger sister.
"WE cant. Literally cant Neesa. What dont you understand about the humans NOT liking us." she said. She had gone to step towards her, when Neesa let out a wolfish snarl and lunged.
She knew her sister was hurt. She knew her sister meant nothing that she was doing.
So she stepped into the lunge, and for the first time in what felt like centuries allowed her own shift.
It would be the first time Neesa ever saw it, as it would be for Heiden.
She had never wanted either of them to see her this way, but some things couldnt be helped.
She grabbed her sister under the shoulders, slamming them both into the wall behind her.
Neesa's eyes popped wide, and she almost screamed. In place of the dark skinned raven haired beauty, was a rotting corpse with gray eyes, hair falling out, skin molting and green, she could see some of her organs and bones.

"I know your hurt Neesa. Obidiah mean more to me than you could ever imagine. Next to Mika, he sailed with me the longest." she said looking down at her.
"What these humans just did was something that can not be ignored. And not just with the in humans, the downworlders. What do you think will happen when Mika finds out about this? When the other pirates that knew him find out about this? They have opened a whole pandoras box." she said as her sister hung her head, tears pouring.
Draven slowly shifted back, her voice softening.
"If you think for one moment this will go un punished, this will be ignored your wrong. They just ******** with the wrong family. They are about to find out there are worse things out there, that lurk in the shadows and thier nightmares. Thier about to see that not everything just goes bump in the night. There are somethings that come screaming out of the closet." she said almost in a whisper.

She picked her sobbing sister up, looking over at Heiden, her face dark.
"Lets go. If you will, can you take us there?" she said softly. She figured after seeing her shift, hed be disgusted with her. And she couldnt blame him. But she couldnt hold out much longer, her strength was darining, and it wouldnt be long before she collapsed into a pile of crying girl goo.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

The scene before him was quick, heart pounding, strange as all he could do was stand there, watching, listening. Nessa's transformation was lovely for the scientist to see...yes...he wanted to study her more! But she was so upset she attacked Draven. This was sad indeed. She wanted to see him...but the truth was, even if there wasn't anyone around...that body would be burnt beyond all recognition. He would be so unidentifiable.

Then came Dravens transformation...and it really hit home. She was an undead. It was disgusting I mean....her hair and skin was falling off and he could see some of her organs. He turned his head away a little seemingly out of respect for the situation. When Draven spoke he looked her way and nodded his head. Heiden stepped forwards and grabbed them both around their waists and in a puff of rolling black smoke...they were gone.

Landing on board the Aspers deck they would land and the first thing that Heiden saw...was his mother. His heart leaped up into his throat and he froze as he saw her head, almost in slow motion, turn to look at them.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

Onyx turned her head towards the sound of people on deck not far off from her. She was more than surprised to see her son. Her mouth opened and her eye's bugged out and then she saw Nessa and Draven in his grasps. The younger one didn't look too good. She fished out her cell phone and called Raziel and told him to come to deck. She was worried that something happened to Draven and Nessa and because of that...shitting on her sons head would have to be postponed.

"Nessa! Draven! What's going on? What happened!?" she asked swiftly moving over towards them. Her eye's darted between all three of their faces.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Draven Kalisa Malaki
You Had Me At Hello.

Location~ The Asper
With~ n/a
Mood~ dark

She almost ran straight into his back when he froze, but managed to aviod the collision. She looked over his shoulder and saw the topazed eyed Captain.
Neesa was quiet, falling asleep in her arms.
"Onyx...." she said trying to figure out how to tell her what exactly was going on.

Neesa's mis macthed eyes fluttered open again as she stirred looking around.
"Is Momma here?" she asked as she slipped from her sisters arms, and attempted to take a step forward, brushing past Heiden as she did so, nothing to rough, her legs were still shakey.
"Shes left with Kabi to go to our old house and get some things. Kane is here though." she said rubbing her face. Neesa nodded looking at her hands.

Draven looked back at Onyx and Heiden.
"Onyz, somethings happened.." she said.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Neesa Marie Valencourt

Tattoos&such
[x][x][x][x][x]

Try To Pretend That I Dont Even Know Your Name, Cause Everything You Are Disgusts Me, Too Bad I Can't Turn Back Time, So I Wouldnt Be Here, What I'd Give For You To DisAppear, So Tell Me Boy, Hows Your Edge?

The Wolf Inside

Clean&Crisp

Neesa looked up at the Captain, hand brushing back her white curls.
"Draven's shop was set on fire, and Obidiah didnt make it out." she said, not meaning for her voice to carry a bit of the anger she felt, hence why it came out in a soft hiss.

Draven looked over at her and she just shrugged her shoulders, her sister looked away and back at the Captain.
"Its true...thankfully Heiden was there to keep Neesa from doing something rash.." Draven said, her voice soft.

Neesa just stared at the deck.
So many things going through her head was starting to give her a headache.
She growled softly, fingers going to rub the bridge of her nose.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

Onyx looked to Nessa and her babble...oh something was very wrong. Her arm came up and slipped around her shoulder very light and lazily. She heard Draven.

"Onyx, somethings happened.."
The flash of worry streaked across her yellow topaz eye's as they locked onto Dravens. "Yes? What is it?" she asked eagerly, expectantly. Her mind raced...what could be that bad? Did her mother know? Did it involved Heiden..was...that why he was here despite her wishes?

Nessa began to speak, she stepped away a little from Onyx as she brushed back her hair and made the very clear, distinct statement:
""Draven's shop was set on fire, and Obidiah didnt make it out."

Onyx looked to Draven as she spoke up adding to the mix, her eye's moved to Heiden and then back to Draven...and then over to the direction of the burning building in the distance.
"Dravens...shop...who did this? Why?" the question was inevitable and she now wanted answers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff