Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Mae Starr
Outfit: Here

User Image
She nodded to Onyx's words, unsure of where to start. "Well, When I agreed to become a demon I basically sold my soul to the highest demon bidder, unknowing at the time. There are clans of demons with great power and ability, usually with leaders, who have the ability to transform a soul in to a demon. The transformed soul is in their possession and a contract was unknowingly made that they own you. These clans use these souls and promise them immortality and power, or promise what ever they can for these souls."

Mae took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of her nose "There are tournaments that these clans are apart of. They use their contracts to enter the tournaments and have them fight to the death for entertainment. The pure blooded demons take pride in their contracts winning and often bet with other contracts or with things of value. However, after so many years a contract can challenge their holder for their freedom, if they win they go free, if not they die and go straight to purgatory. The other way is if you buy the contract with something of value or kill the holder."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden smiled lightly at her as he listened, nodding where appropriate.

"Duly noted. I will be sure to ask her just that." he was more than curious to know how and why it was his mother had met and decided to travel with this young female. Onyx, never took any underlings. She didn't like being responsible for others much which told him that there was something about this girl that caught his mothers attention. Either way, he'd get his answers.

When Rini said that this was the first time aboard a ship, his brows raised.
                              "Well then...Lucky you that your first memory of boarding a ship be a pirate ship them hm? Well...Ex pirate ship. It no longer serves in battle, augments to be a business. This ship has quite the history. I can give you a tour later if you'd like." he said before taking a sip of his hot tea.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx listened to Mae speak thinking deeply all the while. It was so unfortunate that she ended up selling herself basically just to become a demon. Running her index finger along her bottom lip in her thought she hummed.

"So...are you meaning to tell me that I could technically buy you from a demon? Providing I had something of value to it? Killing it is also an option of course...I mean...between a few of us I am sure it would be no problem to cook something up to free you. One more thing...lets say we do free you...does this mean that you wont be a demon any longer? I mean once the contracts broken...you'd think all bets are off yeah?" she further questioned Mae.

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

"..Your mother is a great woman Heiden, I envy you just abit....a mother like her would be an amazing gift...She is strong, and beautiful, and smart, and as we travel I keep learning new things... .not that I do not think Leo a great parent but me and him have alot of bonding to do indeed....before we truely are family"

A thought went through her head, what did Leo have that people would want. Oh wait, she might know, she turns to Heiden excitedly.

" I know, Papa owns alot of treasure like items, rare items that is, maybe he has one or two things Oynx has been looking for?, Worse comes to worse maybe Dorian could help obtain things..."

Her eyes seemed to shimer as she spoke. Then Heiden stole her interest again. History? A learning opportunity? In the form of showing her the ship. Oh yeah....Score!

"Yes, please, I love history, plus I would love to explore the rest of the ship..."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

He put some thoughts together connecting them. Obviously his mother knew Rini's father. He laughed when he went on about his mother interrupting her a moment to explain himself as to not get into trouble or upset her.
                              "Sorry. I'm not laughing at you or anything...just..."A mother like her" oh...if she could hear you say that!" he said shaking his head back and forth. He let her continue. When she was finished speaking, he slowly nodded.

"You know my mother would tell you that she is the worst mother in the world. She got thrown into that whole thing quite suddenly. It is extremely hard for Onyx to get pregnant. Her kessen chu often succeeds in preventing that from happening. But...I would have to agree with you Rini. Sure, she's rough and you could never get her to admit it, but I think she's pretty awesome too. I admit, I am curious as to why she's taken with you. Understand, my mother is normally a very private sort of person. It goes without saying that it's not like her to get attached too quickly to others. I don't know how much of herself she's shared with you, but she is a Pirate. Well, don't call her that as she's "retired that title". She calls herself a tomb raider now. Fancy way of saying: thief. My mother's words: "Pirate sail around on ships taking down other ships, raiding, raping and pillaging. Do you see me doing any of that?" he said before taking yet another large sip of his tea. He wouldn't say anything to her regarding the whole treasure and artifact thing. He decided that she could confirm that now on her own just fine.

"My mother is a wonderland Rini. I'm her son and have yet to crack all of her secrets. Come, let us start out tour." he set down his cup and walked over to her. Taking the violin from her, his finger tips brushed along her hands and trailing off of her own finger tips.

Putting it away first he would then lead them out of his mothers quarters. Since they were here at this end he started with the pool. They went up one more level.
                              "Alright so...from up here you can see everything you need to. Obviously this is the pool deck, two hot tubs there attached on either side of the pool. Just below the second deck were just came up from is the hammock you see there. Over to the right of that are the pits. When it's not too cold out we like to lit em up and all sit around, eat, drink, laugh, that sort of thing. Not far off from the pits there is a change room slash storage room. Okay...this way..."

Heiden would lead them down onto the deck where they would move all the way across it and back to the bar door. Down three steps they would be back in the main room once again.
                              "Obviously you know the bar. The door to the left there leads up to a bed room occupied by Lieutenant James G, the door to the right of the bar leads into the kitchens. In the kitchen there is a door that leads to the laundry room...erm...but providing your not afraid of snakes, then I'd stay out of it for now. The Aspers resident Naga sleeps in there. Right then! Moving on!"

Taking her hand he motioned her to follow him through an open door way and down some stairs. This would put them now on level two. He would show her the sauna slash indoor hot tub room, the game room, the lounge, and a standard bedroom just to give her an idea.
                              "Downstairs are more rooms and the infirmary. There's also a holding cell, the engine room, blah bah blah bah blah." he chuckled.

Divine Streaker

Now it was her turn to listen..As Heiden spoke she thought about her talks with Oynx. She knew how special her son was. The wonderful gift, he was...Even if her friend thought herself a bad mother. Rini would always disagree, she giggled lightly now and then. The story she was being told, was so interesting. She clings to each word.

"...Well I already know about her and you, she told me your her miracle child, as for, why we stick together, I think I have a reason..."

She stopped speaking for a moment as he took the violin. His fingertips brushing against her skin. The sensual moment almost seemed intentionally made. She rose from the couch, clears her throat, then goes to finish her statement.

" Oynx has called me an X factor, something she did not expect to find, also I know she is mad for me being sent one a errand alone, because I am not a skilled fighter, and she called me her little wonder...I think maybe she sees some of herself in me....so she let me stick around"

They took hands, her fingers intertwined with his. They began the tour, as he mentioned and pointed out the hot tubs with the pools.

"..Papa is building hot tubs at the Malevolence....but I don't know when they will be done...Think anyone would mind if I took a dip later?"

They continue the tour, she takes note of each room. Everything the ship had to offer. It was hard to believe that it had been a pirate ship. Her eyes drift to the laundry room, A naga? She wasn't fond of snakes, but she loved all animals. It would just depend on the temperament of him or her. She smirks and then looks at Heiden.

" Two questions, First is the Naga nice or mean? Second Question, What about you? Where do you sleep?"
Mae Starr
Outfit: Here

User Image
Mae nodded "I will be returned back to my original state, as if nothing happened, but what could anyone have that could appeal to such a demon? These aren't your average demons, I mean they have the ability to change and corrupt souls so their pretty high up there."

Mae started to get excited, perhaps it was a good thing she told Onyx. Maybe she could go free and be happy. Maybe she will find live, start her own family, start a career, be normal. The only thing that concerned her was she would no longer be immortal and she would more then likely die before her loved ones, but that's the price you pay for happiness.

"I don't have to return until I am called upon again. The timing on that is vague, however."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
-The Golden Flower-

Name: Ceasar Espinoza

Ceasar stepped into the house expecting, the screams of a fiery redheaded female in complete rage, and honestly that wasn’t that far off. However, it seemed to be a lot scarier than what he could ever think about, The house was literally surrounded with flames, which left Ceasar confused on how they could be generated like they were. Blue flames danced around the tables and on a few books. He was never aware of her ability only meeting her when she was forced upon the land of humans, and to live as one of them. Seeing this however, it gave him enough to know that her power was nothing to sneeze about. He barely got by her brother without getting himself copped, and seeing her rage as it was now, It was actually quite scary. He proceeded to move forward into the house cautiously, taking small steps and not wanting to annoy anyone with his presence. However, Once he heard his name screamed out his eyes suddenly shout out.

Did she actually just call him?

With that his spirit and fears were gone, no more would he worry about whether she still loved him or not. There was something more important at stake. He rushed toward the door to her room and busted in. Suddenly, seeing the look in her eye, it looked like she was ready to kill, specifically him for doing this to her. Ceasar without really thinking much on what could happen ran toward Ailsa and gently grabbed her hand. “It’s going to be alright senora, Just keep pushing, and keep breathing.” He remained calm, hand and fingers laced with hers and staying as close a possible, in an attempt to enjoy the rare chance of seeing life born onto this earth, especially a life that he helped generate.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"...Well I already know about her and you, she told me your her miracle child..."

"So...mum has already spoken of me hm? I wonder just how much she told her exactly? Hm...I wonder if what she is saying is true? ... I wonder...if there's more to it. I will have to ask mum myself it seems."

"Sure we can check out the hot tubs. My mother loves hot tubs. They help her muscles. Mum isn't too fond of touch to have a massage...plus she has trust issues. Which tub? indoor or outdoor? As for the Naga...he's good. He's just naive and clumsy because his eye sight isn't what it should be." he said as he started to move down the hall and towards a door.

"My room." he said ushering the door open and for her to step inside. Now...this room was augmented quite significantly. Onyx usually allowed permanent residence to fix up their room how they like and well, Heiden was as permanent as you get.

Upon entering, the room looked more like an office slash lab. There was a table with books and scattered papers upon it with calculations and measurements, beakers of odd shapes with odd liquids. Another table had dishes and mortar and pestles, the makes of a fine alchemist. Off to the side of the room stood a very large, beautiful, ornate gilded mirror. Rini would see no bed in this room, a couch at best. Heiden pointed to the mirror.
                              "And through there is my bedroom."

Divine Streaker

"It does not matter, I just want to relax, the tea made me want too, so the naga he is an old man?"

she asked sweetly. They walked down the hall towards his room. The girl smiles softly at him. as they walked into his room. She gazed around slowly, this was one of the cutest rooms she had ever seen in her life. He was a busy man, and she liked it.

"This is so sweet....So can I go into the hot tub or rest somewhere Heiden, I know you still need to talk to Oynx"

Then something registered, something he said. She turned towards him in a manner of not believing him.

"Your bedroom is in a mirror?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"Alright well...i'd like to join you if you don't mind? I know, tea does that. Makes you all warm and cozy inside. Okay, so...let's do the indoor one. Once there I will tell you more about my mothers beloved Naga and my good friend. His name is Migoto." he said with a light nod.

Heiden looked around his room proudly. "Yea, I do need to speak to her but it'll be brief. Tell you what. You go and get yourself settled into the hot tub. In the room there is a cabinet with these body wraps meant to get wet. They are for guests who don't have bathing suits. Some prefer it anyways. I will run up and let Oni know we're just going to chill. I will come back down to join you."

He then looked to his mirror. "Yes. It belonged to my father before he died. It's a mini portal attached to a mirror. Clever huh? You can walk through it but I have parameters set on it so that way none can enter or at least without me being present. Anyways, meet ya in the hot tub room. Okay?"

Divine Streaker

She has her eyes back on the mirror, maybe if she was lucky, he would grant her access to it later. You can tell things about someone based on their rooms from time to time. She would blush slightly, excited to hear more about the anything. But shy about the body wrap.

"You can join me, I have no issue with it, I will see you there, and you can tell me more"

She makes her way out of the room heading towards the hottubs and getting un-dressed then into the body wrap. She climbs in the water and sits down. IT felt so good.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Mae was speaking the magic words. Knowing that she'd return to normal was all Onyx needed to hear. What could a demon possibly want in exchange?
"How about another soul? A fresh one to corrupt? Power does not mean intelligent my lovely." she winked at her. Onyx had been alive for over two hundred years. She had learned to be a right sneaky s**t by now. And besides, Mae's natural species lasted a long time. There were other means of extending one's life that could be sought after if that was what she truly desired. Onyx was semi happy to hear that Mae wouldn't be going anywhere for a while. Then she got a right wicked idea.
"You know...I'm sure Linia would be tickled stupid to pose as you to fight your way out of that contract if offering another soul didn't work. She's terrestrial and a symbiotic one at that. She could pose as you! They wouldn't know the difference. Demons aren't all knowing Gods." she said.

++++++

Just then Heiden came up the stairs solo. She smiled at him "Hello. Where did rini go?"
"She's checking out the hot tubs...hey can i have a word...?" he said nodding over to the couches in the corner of the room.
Onyx looked to Mae "Hold that thought." she said before slipping off her seat to go follow her son. When they reached the couches she smiled a little more weary now.
"What's up?"
"Oh nothing. Was just talking with Rini, taking her on a tour...got to talking about some interesting things. So...how long have you been going to this Malevolence of Innocence place?" he said letting on that he knew some things now.
"I see....um, its a tavern, I have been going there off and on in my travels since you were very young. Why?"
"So what's there that's so special? Are you like...in love with Rini's dad or something?"
"W-what!? did...Rini say something to you?"
"No. I just can't figure out what the connection is. Why you have never told me about this place and why you've taken such a sudden interest in Rini."
"Okay...first of all...I am not in love with Leonardo! I barely know the guy" she began to say. When her son perked a brow as if to say: pft, like that matters these days - she got flustered and blushed which caused her to scratch at the scar that ran across the bridge of her nose. Her kessen chu tried to heal what could not be healed.
"Alright, look...I sort of...help out there. I bar tend when no one else is around or if things get too busy. I have a few good acquaintances there. Leo has some things I want."
"I knew it! you ARE in love with him! You want his-"
"Shut your face!" she squealed a little slapping her son on the arm. "Like I was saying before I was retardely interrupted...was that Leo is as old as dirt and I know he knows a lot. He can help me to obtain things that other wise I could not. More specifically if it's Rini we are talking about...she's been recently adopted by him. She...reminds me of...what I could have been ... had I listened to my aunt and kept her wish for me to continue the life of becoming a Geisha. I see a lot of myself in her, before I ******** my entire life over. Without corruption, without despair and death, blood shed and all the nightmare hell that comprises my complicated life. She is beautiful and more perfect in my eye's than one could know. She reminds me of the way I feel about you."

Heidens eye's softened. So Rini's perceptions were true. "I see. Well...she certainly is sharp like you. She had it right on the money."
"What do you mean?"
"She knows that she means something deeply to you. She said that she thinks that you see a lot of yourself in her."
'Oh wow...'
"So...if you see her as a daughter...would...it be weird if I told you I slept with her?"
"HEIDEN! Oh ...God....please! Please tell me you two didn't!" her eye's nearly bugged out of her skull.
Heiden chuckled, deep and rolling as he shook his head. "No. Not yet..." he stuck out the tip of his tongue as his mother slapped him again hard on the arm.
"Don't you go making trouble for me!"
"Well...I don't kiss and tell so...if you get into trouble...it's not my fault. Just saying. Now then...I've got a girl wearing nothing but a wet body wrap that I just HAVE to tend to! Hopefully it doesn't fall off. Just how sticky is that velcro? Cause oh!" he moaned as both of his hands came up to mimic touching breasts he didn't have "Imagine having to help that pretty baby with that one!" he grinned wickedly at his mother as he began to walk backwards towards the stairs.
"Heiden...I mean it! I will beat you within an inch of your life!"
"mmm....not if papa Leonardo don't beat you to it first!" he stuck out his tongue and wiggled his brows at her. He disappeared from view.
Onyx was sweating bullets at this point. She moved back over to Mae and her former seat.
"Boys...they'll be the death of me yet."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Heiden inherited his mothers mean skills. It was so nice to dish out what onyx often crammed down other peoples throats. It was soooo fun to tease that woman! Oni always deserved it. When he was little she would do little things like kick him in the pants and say: That's for something your going to do later!
                              Oh my how the tables have turned now that he was all grown up. It was cool though that he could tease and joke with his mother like this. They were close and open, honest with one another. His mother was also one of his best friends. Even before Raziel. Though, both bonds were very special to him. I digress.

Heiden was only gone all of ten minutes when he came to the hot tub room. He had stopped off to his room to change into his black shorts. He strolled in wearing them and a towel draped over his shoulder and bare, muscular chest. Boy was right fine wasn't he? Rini would see the tips of tattoo's peeking above the lip of his shorts. He had hip tattoo's, right on that sexy line of muscles that leads down to the inner thighs. He tossed his towel to the side and eased himself into the tub, it was hot! Once settled he smiled to Rini.
                              "Sorry bout that. We're good now. Right then...where were we? Oh yes, Migoto. No...he's not an old man...er....snakeman. He's quite young. Rather good looking fellow. The ladies tend to find him hopelessly cute. I can see why. Good looking, semi blind and naive. It's just...his lack of knowledge on things and pissing mum off by eating the laundry." he laughed remembering good times.
                              "My favorite is when he yawns in mums face. She gets so freaked out. I mean...I don't blame her! He's got a big mouth and big fangs. He's mostly harmless. You just can't be making swift movements around him. You'll sketch him out and then he'll be more likely to do something he feels is in defense. Know what I mean?" Heiden said wetting his face with warm water.

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Titania Sangria
'I am not a dream'

Enter a tall, hooded figure, definitely female by the way the sturdy leather bustier molded to her body, a slender waist, the curve of a bust From behind it would be more difficult to tell. Her shoulders were quite broad for a woman's, and the stark white cloak she war came to a stop around her mid thighs. Then came the robes, white as well, trailing to the floor, but split at the front. Her trousers were thick, and would billow freely if not for the tall, heavy, and washed out blue leather boots that graced her calves. Her hood was loose, showed a little of a pale neck and a strong jaw, the flash of a rather lovely pair of lips, if not for the permanent frown that they fixated themselves in.

She was littered with weaponry. The flash of two straps under her robe indicated a pair of daggers, and the sturdy one strapped across her chest, and the bump on her back, indicated some kind of long range weapon; perhaps a bow, or a crossbow. She entered the ship steadily, completely controlled. Something in her manner suggested humanity- or maybe it was her scent? That thick scent of artificial perfume, mingled with cosmetics. It was hiding something, that scent. She looked to the door, made sure it was shut securely, and lowered her hood. Dull green eyes, set amongst aristocratic features, a long nose and high cheekbones. Her hair, dark black and curly, was pulled back tightly from her face, revealing slightly pointed ears, un-pierced of course. She seemed as though she could be a lady of leisure, but it wasn't to be.

She put her thumb underneath one of the straps over her chest- There was more than one?- To reveal an almost empty leather satchel. A change of clothes, and, strangely, a bottle of fake tan.

How odd.

She let those green eyes (there was something strangely off putting about them) drift around the bar. Two people were talking at the bar, one of whom she had a passing familiarity, the other she did not. She wouldn't interrupt, instead leaning against one of the walls, her head down.

Come to think about it... She looked strangely like that woman who had visited Onyx before Christmas. The more you looked, the more the similarities were evident. Were they sisters? Twins even?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff