Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

Okay, that was something new.

He blinked, crossed his arms, and stared at the dog in front of him. He found the situation funny to say the least. The sight of an adventurer, who against the wishes of a god taking something that didn’t belong to him. He thought back for a second, and reminded himself of his prior situation. Suddenly, he felt more like a hypocrite. He did the exact same thing this man had done. He took that pick, without any context on who it belonged to, He used it for his own gain, and he suffered the consequences. It took him months to find a cure for his curse, and it took even longer to get to it.

IT worked, but he ended up with a few more problems. That was he ended up helping an evil mage, and nearly got his allies killed in the process.

Another reminder that he couldn't just stand idly by as he wished to do.

He looked at the dog for a second. He took a second to gander at the tattoo’s, a sign that his friend was still THERE. He then knelt down and picked up the creature. “So, uhh who should I tell about this?” Leon tilted his head, raised his eyebrow and kept his eye on the man now turned dog.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

The dream repeats it's self... there is someone....or something in the room with her. Something flashes across her eye's...was it a light? too fast to have form with a slight hint of purple and red...what it...energy? There a voice...deep and whispering, frozen she listens.
"...always here...far apart...fate...one with me...against your will." was all that could be picked up. It fades away and so does that presence, the one that makes her most uncomfortable.
A light in the distance....she feels her feet running towards it. Heart racing that overwhelming feeling of impending salvation is there. The light bathes her, blinds her...and fades as her eye's adjust. She stands in a garden that looked as though belonged to the heavens themselves...a small body of water...but she is still alone. Bare feet pad over to the water and her knees touch the ground. She bends forwards to look at herself in the mirror...

Yellow topaz eye's stare back at her that sat within feline frames. Upon a face that would other wise be perfect if not for the horizontal scar that ran across the bridge of her nose. A slender nose that sat before a pair of full plump lips. Onyx was looking at herself. There seemed to be a glow about her skin as though she had swallowed the moon. Her fingers reach up to caress her own cheek. Suddenly where her fingers met the flesh a large crack appeared! Across her face from cheek down to the corner of her mouth, she gasped in horror. Automatically she touched her lips and they too cracked. Like a chain reaction the rest of her self began to crack like a porcelain doll. The view changes so that the dreamer is the one looking in on it's self. Onyx saw her own eye's hollow in color only adding to the eerie doll like personification. A gust of wind comes as she watched herself crumble. The wind carries the dust and debris away, swirling, dancing with particles of light. Onyx closes her eye's.

drip...drip...the sound of water hitting water...she opens her eye's to face a gilded mirror, very large. She see's the back of herself. Her reflection turns around...splattered in blood..her mouth moves but nothing could be heard. Her reflection points down wards to the ground. Onyx's eye's follow to see that she is walking on...water? Drip...drip...something hits her face. Onyx recoils a moment as she wipes it off her face and looks at her hand. Blood? Her eye's return to her feet...the water turns red and like falling through glass her body dropped. Thick and silken onyx's head went under the surface, hands scrambling for help...it's like she had lost the know how to swim. At one point she breaks the surface and screams for help. No one lay within the mirror.

SNAP GASP onyx sits bolt straight up in bed chest heaving...she is covered in sweat her silken sheets turn dark where she lay. The shaking had returned. Damn it these were fresh sheets! And now the second night in a row where she had awaken unsettled and with a certain amount of fear. She swung her legs over the edge of her bed and placed her feet to the floor. Elbows rested to her knees with her head bent a bit she sat and trembled. A bead of sweat ran down the bridge of her nose and off the end.
Li's body lay in his bed yet he wasn't there. No he was having yet another out of body experience. Li was walking the town. No one could see him but he was there. Li looked around at the sights of the slowly recovering city. When he felt the same pull as the other night. He gave a sigh as he was ripped towards the side of the ship disappearing back into his body.

Li was in mid snore when he felt something hit him from the side sending him flying out of his bed"NYARG!" he hit the wall and slid down to the ground. He stood up shaking his head." Freaking waves." He said brushing it off losing all memory of the out of body. He got showered dressed.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx looked around...silence...alone. She got up and threw on her house coat and exited her room. She would go and seek out Li. There would come a knock upon his door. She was hoping he was awake.
Li walked over to the door grabbing the knob and opening it. There to his surprise was onyx dressed in her house coat. He perked a brow as he rubbed the knot on his head." Hey onyx something wrong?" He asked inviting her in.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx rubbed the back of her head. "Could you ... join me in my quarters please? I...wish to speak with you." she looked away from him. Something wasn't right. No schemes or jokes or pranks, but something wasn't right.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lex 'Birdie' Affliction

Rude Girl, Tattooist, Not Afraid.

The Scars Of Your Love, They Leave Me Breathless

I Dun Give A F@*%^

Lex wandered into the Asper to await Draven. The shop was up and running and busy as ever, and of course Draven had decided to take a trip to resupply on thier busiest week. She was tired from working non stop, though the art they were producing only added to thier good name. The Gypsy Blue was building a good reputation for itself in just the this past little bit. Zachary, Jasmyne, Lex, Draven, Obi, and Jem were all working together amazingly. It had gone better than either her or Draven could have hoped for.

She tromped to the bar and sat down, streching as she looked around.
She wondered if she'd spot Li tonight...

----------------------------

Draven made it back to dock on the Seventh Sanctum, her old ship. Mika called out to her as she climbed off, telling her they would stop by tonight for drinks. She carried ehr packages in her arms tightly, a flush on her face.
She was happy and excited. Things had been going well for her and her little tattoo family.
She walked along the dock and headed toward The Asper, Lex was meeting her there to help her go through her supplies and decide on what was needed now and what could go into back stock. She had assortments of her favorite inks, jewelry, and piercing and tattoo supplies. She looked at the sky and sighed.
She wondered if she would see Heiden this time, maybe even be able to show him her shop since he hadnt been able to make it down to the opening.
She wondered how Onyx was doing and her mother.
A smile cracked on her face,
it was good to be Home.
She hadnt expected that, thinking anywhere on land was home.
It was a nice change

Li looked at onyx with a bit of deep concern, Something was up with her. He smiled and touched her on the shoulder." Alright lead the way onyx." He said following her towards her room watching her. He wondered what she wanted to discuss with him. What ever it was she was acting odd.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx and Li would walk up through the bar, she would see Jenica exiting the kitchen to serve lex. Onyx wasn't in the mood to entertain guests at the moment sadly. Exiting the bar with Li she would make it back to her room closing the door behind them. Both of them still dressed in their sleepy gear she would grab the fabric of his sleeve and lead him. She would lead him passed her table, down the few steps...passed her shoji screens...and towards her bed. Once there she would push Li into it and climb in with him. No doubt his mind was probably racing to ooze out of his ears. Once her head hit the pillow again she'd wrap her arms around Li and place her head to his chest slash shoulder.
"I was lonely. Very very lonely. Your the only other person I have left in this God forsaken world that I trust" she would say softly. Even through her soft toned, slightly husked but feminine voice...she sounded as though she might cry. Even if Li were to try and turn her face up to look at her, she'd resist and just further bury her face into him.
onyx2047
User ImageUser Image

Onyx and Li would walk up through the bar, she would see Jenica exiting the kitchen to serve lex. Onyx wasn't in the mood to entertain guests at the moment sadly. Exiting the bar with Li she would make it back to her room closing the door behind them. Both of them still dressed in their sleepy gear she would grab the fabric of his sleeve and lead him. She would lead him passed her table, down the few steps...passed her shoji screens...and towards her bed. Once there she would push Li into it and climb in with him. No doubt his mind was probably racing to ooze out of his ears. Once her head hit the pillow again she'd wrap her arms around Li and place her head to his chest slash shoulder.
"I was lonely. Very very lonely. Your the only other person I have left in this God forsaken world that I trust" she would say softly. Even through her soft toned, slightly husked but feminine voice...she sounded as though she might cry. Even if Li were to try and turn her face up to look at her, she'd resist and just further bury her face into him.

Li followed onyx through the bar his eyes still locked on her. When they entered her room Li really didn't know what to expect. Onyx was often full of surprises and he was about to get his biggest surprise to date. He stood with onyx by her bed a little nervous and shaky. " Onyx is..." all he would get when onyx pushed him into the bed. Everything was almost slow motion from there he could hear and feel his hearts every beat thousands of thoughts raced through his head as he was trying to come to back to his sense's. Sure he wasn't against the situation of being alone with onyx like this. She was a beautiful women, Everything was brought to a halt when she burried her face into him and hugged him closely. He took a breath and listened as she spoke.
Li wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into him laying laying his cheek against her silky hair." It's ok Onyx. Tell me what's wrong" He said running his finger tips along her back softly before cradling her head with his hand stroking her raven hair trying to bring comfort to her in this delicate time. He had never seen her so distraught and it broke his heart

12,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image { Shiara ~ Race: Human ~ Outfit: Ensemble~ Location: Shiara's Room Lv 2 }

Shiara was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, her fingers pressed ever so lightly against her lips. She had slept fitfully the first half of the night. After returning from the hot tub she had been a right bother. She was tightly wound and rather pent up, and even after a cold shower she crawled into bed grumbling and frustrated. It had taken till the middle of the night for her emotions and desires to unwind enough at last, to the point where she could think clearly.

When she had been able to set aside her initial feelings of rejection, and replay his words in a more rational light... she had realized... grudgingly... that it had been a good thing. A good thing that he had been strong enough to walk away. Shiara had been playing a dangerous game when the lid came off her Pandora's box.

Standing there looking at herself in the mirror, remembering the feel of his lips, the taste of him, she wasn't particularly happy that he had told her no. But she did understand, at least enough... so that she could respect where he had been coming from. She felt a natural amount of mortification, at the fact that she had so quickly turned around and basically thrown herself at another man. Yet she knew inside that it was more then that, she didn't want to sleep with Heiden again, and he was the one she had lost it all to, and he was good looking. Though he can be a hard a** when he chooses... she still disliked some of the things he had said to her.

Anyway, this was about more then wanting to get her flirt on. It was Raziel... she was drawn to him on every damn level... and last night... last night the flood gates had burst... she could not... would not deny it any longer... Shiara wanted to be with Raziel. She wanted to experience with him what she could not remember having with Heiden. She wanted to burn into her memory 'his' hands, 'his' lips... and if she had to wait... for Raziel to see her as... acceptable to ****, then she would just have to wait.

In the meantime she really needed to work on proving that she could control herself, she mustn't jeopardize her training... that was what she had heard the most in his words last night. Still... a very mischievous grin spread across the face in the mirror and Shiara winked at herself. She was wearing a very cute, softly alluring, combination of peaches and pinks. And she had an appointment to keep regarding naga research.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rysen Ferinus

User ImageUser Image

It felt...so good, so very very good to feel life, warmth, and it felt like it had been months since she had been hugged. A hug that actually felt like there was comfort and intent, meaning. It made her smile as she nuzzled into the crook of his arm. His question...such a simple thing and yet it would only procure a complexity too messy to be able to grasp. She took in a deep breath needing to make sure that she would be able to speak without her voice cracking. She felt hypnotized by the feeling of his fingers...his energy was always so strong. She thought a moment...that she wanted to tap into him...and take some. She pushed that notion away. The way he cradled her...well to be honest she didn't really let anyone touch her like this! It was a privilege given only to those whom she had been in a serious relationship with.

'Li ... I...I have made a lot of choices in my life. Some good and some not so good. I have made a lot of mistakes I know and I know for my past I don't deserve a whole lot. Soverus is gone...Raza is gone ... and I ended my relationship with James. I am destined to be alone. I realized that simply being able to walk death with me...isn't enough. I am never going to find that person Li. The loneliness I feel is so resounding it's deafening. I keep having this nightmare for the last two nights and it makes no sense right now at all. Every time I wake I am soaked in sweat and shaking badly." she told him softly.

"I just...don't want to feel like this. A chill has crept into my life into my bed and I feel like it has a hold of me. It makes me feel like I am losing my mind."
onyx2047
Rysen Ferinus

User ImageUser Image

It felt...so good, so very very good to feel life, warmth, and it felt like it had been months since she had been hugged. A hug that actually felt like there was comfort and intent, meaning. It made her smile as she nuzzled into the crook of his arm. His question...such a simple thing and yet it would only procure a complexity too messy to be able to grasp. She took in a deep breath needing to make sure that she would be able to speak without her voice cracking. She felt hypnotized by the feeling of his fingers...his energy was always so strong. She thought a moment...that she wanted to tap into him...and take some. She pushed that notion away. The way he cradled her...well to be honest she didn't really let anyone touch her like this! It was a privilege given only to those whom she had been in a serious relationship with.

'Li ... I...I have made a lot of choices in my life. Some good and some not so good. I have made a lot of mistakes I know and I know for my past I don't deserve a whole lot. Soverus is gone...Raza is gone ... and I ended my relationship with James. I am destined to be alone. I realized that simply being able to walk death with me...isn't enough. I am never going to find that person Li. The loneliness I feel is so resounding it's deafening. I keep having this nightmare for the last two nights and it makes no sense right now at all. Every time I wake I am soaked in sweat and shaking badly." she told him softly.

"I just...don't want to feel like this. A chill has crept into my life into my bed and I feel like it has a hold of me. It makes me feel like I am losing my mind."

Li pulled Onyx in closer to him and closed his eyes. He couldn't even begin to know what life had done to her. Now it appeared James and her had split up. He knew James and Soverus but Raza was before his time. Li kissed the top of onyx's head as she nuzzled into him." Death is a path of ruin and sorrow that many travel, Life is the beautiful path less taken." He said, It sounded right for the situation Onyx's entire life had been about death and revenge it seemed it had finally built up on her." Making bad decisions or good is part of life and its lessons Onyx. To say you will be alone forever it makes me want to ask. Why are you punishing yourself? You really dont deserve it." He said the sweet scent of jasmine danced into his nose he closed his eyes embracing her scent. " Tell me about this dream." he said

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

You want the truth? He forgot. He forgot that he had a ... study date with Shiara. He had promised to talk with her regarding Naga study. So when she walked in and he looked up he looked stunned. He might be able to get away with passing it off on her good looks. Worth a try.
                                          'My don't you look lovely in pink" he'd say with a smile.
                                          She would notice that the kids were not here in the room with him. Funny how he can do that. How was he going to figure out why she was here without flat out asking her? He dove into her mind to find the answer. Once he got it he motioned her to have a seat with him.
                                          "Can I get you anything?" that question sounded loaded so he quickly continued "to drink?" he smiled at her. "Before we begin."

Symbiote: Here
                                          The Black Smoke: There
                                          In Flight: His Wings
                                          His Current Threads: Outfit
                                          The Flesh: Physique
                                          Etchings: Markings *Looks like scarification when not in Viribus Form

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rysen Ferinus

User ImageUser Image

"Li...I know it's all apart of the grand scheme of things, the whole mistakes and learning and s**t. I just...just....shut the ******** up and let me use you like a pillow. I don't want to talk about my dreams. I want to enjoy my reality." she said. Her left hand hooked right around to his back side and like a mama cat that pulls in her kitten she did the very same to Li.
"I think I am seeing things...ghosts or something. I saw...a glowing...thing in the lounge yesterday night." she told him semi distantly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff