Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Tree

Stanford Condition

thewaitingtree
I have to laugh.

Gaia used to have a chat feature. I forget why they stopped it. Now they're bringing it back. xd

Also - I hope that the Tektek issue can be amicably resolved. I liked their avatar builder.
They were using the third party Meebo for the chat system. Google bought it. Google killed it. Now Gaia has made their own from the sounds of things, so there won't be a risk of someone buying the third party provider and killing it again.

Tekton has made no effort to discuss the issue with Gaia and chose to kill his site. It's not coming back. You'll be relying on Gaia's once it's out.

That was it. Yes! It was so long ago I'd forgotten the details. Thanks.
Having the chat feature back might be nice.

It's a shame, really. I understand and all.. but seriously.. using copyrighted material to make money and not pay the owner of the material - is just cheap and bad business. Tektek owners should just man up and do the right thing. *shrug*
I guess at least we'll have an avatar builder here. 4laugh

[Haruka]'s Husband

Pierced Member

ugh seriously a pet battle system???
...i guess i won't knock it til i've tried it, but. whatever.
i'm excited for the chat system & avatar builder!

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Whiskey-Chan
HoshiHatake
will paws have an even extra tiny pet because that would probably be adorable whee

Maybe the paws will become our pets for battling ninja

I laughed way more than I should have.

If the pets are small to begin with, like the size of the fluffs or some other I Am poses, they'd probably work just fine for both bases.

This assuming they let us stand around with our pokepets

Time-traveling Senshi

Stanford Condition
Burly scored dead last emo Why you so predictable, Gaians? Burly things are fun too. Still, ≈600 people wanting burly isn't too bad.

thewaitingtree
I have to laugh.

Gaia used to have a chat feature. I forget why they stopped it. Now they're bringing it back. xd

Also - I hope that the Tektek issue can be amicably resolved. I liked their avatar builder.
They were using the third party Meebo for the chat system. Google bought it. Google killed it. Now Gaia has made their own from the sounds of things, so there won't be a risk of someone buying the third party provider and killing it again.

Tekton has made no effort to discuss the issue with Gaia and chose to kill his site. It's not coming back. You'll be relying on Gaia's once it's out.

Do you think if they called it Bara people would have answered differently? I'm thinking maybe a lot of people don't get what Burly means but everyone seems to think they know what Bara actually is and part of what they believe Bara to be falls under Burly.

MorseApple's Wife

Aged Veteran

38,175 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Married 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
i still dont get why we need a PET battle system instead of a new mmorpg
i dont come here to play pokemon

i have like 5 systems for that

I also call it right now that everything will be cash based...

Kanpachi_kat's Waifu

Cute Monster

22,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm very happy with the results and I look forward to the features in development!

Mishiri's Husband

thewaitingtree
I have to laugh.

The chat feature was the meebo bar, which I believe was bought out by Google, then Google decided to shut Meebo down. Nothing anyone could have done (outside of buying Meebo from Google)

Mueth's Partner

Unholy Harvester

Paka Ruri Kaila

and then you'll left all the people that can't afford to spend cash to buy gaia cash

and that will a great number

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
This is proof that gold gens are the least bought thing. And how people are worried about the Gaia economy the most. So I hope this means you'll start to fix the economy and that means no longer selling gold gens of any kind. And keeping it that way.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
Fishing updates yaaaaaaas!

Pure-hearted Misfit

19,350 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Bold Glow 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
I hope any new MMO will be free-roam like zOMG, honestly that was the only part of gaia I would really go on to chat, have fun, and waste time :'3 So new stuff is always a plus for me ^^ cant wait to see how it all plays out! We're all excited!

heart yum_puddi heart

Jo Constantine's Partner

Colorful Technician

Chibi Halo
Stanford Condition
Burly scored dead last emo Why you so predictable, Gaians? Burly things are fun too. Still, ≈600 people wanting burly isn't too bad.

Do you think if they called it Bara people would have answered differently? I'm thinking maybe a lot of people don't get what Burly means but everyone seems to think they know what Bara actually is and part of what they believe Bara to be falls under Burly.

Not really? I wouldn't have clicked it if it said Bara since I would have no idea what that means. How can people not know what burly means? It's like heavy, strong, and muscular. It is possibly my favourite term to use along with hulking when I write thick-set characters P= I'd sooner believe that the people interested in burly items are the same people who wouldn't bother filling out the survey, so they will only have themselves to blame if they didn't click it. (Also, if the survey didn't have a randomised order for those, it would explain why items lower down have fewer ratings. It's bad practice for a survey list like that but I don't think surveymonkey allows free users to have that randomisation from memory).

Spacs's Partner

Golden Alchemist

17,465 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Married 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Avant Garde 100
Ceeshnia

That was a horrible thing to happen to your friend. But at least your art auctions are off to a good hit!
Mhm see, they don't do that with pms. And even if you report the pm I guess you have to screen shot it too because one of the mods pmed back saying there was no proof when the pm it self IS proof. I found that horribly dumb, so whats the point of reporting the pm again? Ugh. But yeah I agree on everything you just said. If they add in all these things that would be great! And some emotioncons or something. Like the ones in forums with the cats or foods etc. That would be a super cute bonus!

MorseApple's Wife

Aged Veteran

38,175 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Married 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Phieth
Paka Ruri Kaila

and then you'll left all the people that can't afford to spend cash to buy gaia cash

and that will a great number

and how is that not exactly how things run on this site?
rich people buy cash, get bonus cash, and bonus items just for buying it
then they spend cash, and get bonus items for spending it
then they sell all of those items for super stupid prices on the mp
repeat process

and for those of us who cant buy cash its
try to earn cash off dinky daily treat, fail 75% of time because the ads are sucky and hardly updated and glitch out
try to get items by begging or questing
dumpster dive like a fiend
or- has to sell off old items that are worth way less than new items just to afford a new item

its ******** up

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Paka Ruri Kaila
i still dont get why we need a PET battle system instead of a new mmorpg
i dont come here to play pokemon

i have like 5 systems for that

It took years to make Zomg and it never made half the goals Gaia set for it even back when it first came out. Plus over the years less and less people would play it.

And the coding was so old that no one who worked for Gaia knows the coding for Zomg. Which means they'd have to start from scratch. Which means that if the MMO were to be any good it would take time and money for it to be made. Something Gaia wouldn't want to if it's not a sure fire thing that they'd get back the money they put into the MMO.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff