Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zee Coldwater
Seijaku_Ishida
I likely won't have the money anytime soon, and the technology is nowhere near as good as I'd like it to be for FTMs, although I'm keeping my eye on it. They were trying some interesting things on rats a couple of years ago.

The funny thing is, while I certainly don't even try to pass, I still get taken for a guy maybe once a week at my work. I think it's mostly due to my body language. I would think she'd know better, since her favorite author she seemingly knows everything about is the same as me in regards to gender identity and passing(although she wears suits rather than dresses, but then I don't wear dresses either and think suits are snazzy).

On the plus side, hormone therapy for FTMs tends to work a whole lot better than for MTFs and starting it early isn't as crucial.

I have a whole bunch of stuff to say on the matter of gender issues (queer issues in general), but I'll restrain myself from it for now.

Quote:
I can understand being weirded out. I can't understand being hostile, though.

I can't understand caring, though, to the point where you start telling the person in question about how they're wrong or how they'll never be a "real" man or woman.

Incidentally, the dolphin episode of South Park contributed to me never watching the show again.

The "******** you whale" one or something else?
Volvom
How many peoples here make some online web comic? =D
I want read something new. 4laugh

http://ty-ping.deviatart.com

I really got to get a smackjeves account or something.

What do you guys reccomend?

Business Conventioneer

Psycho Bunny Studio
Volvom
How many peoples here make some online web comic? =D
I want read something new. 4laugh

http://ty-ping.deviatart.com

I really got to get a smackjeves account or something.

What do you guys reccomend?

fixed your link. http://ty-ping.deviantart.com/

I like drunkduck the most of the free hosting sites. I'm a sucker for comments.

I get hits on my Smackjeeves site ,but not much feedback. It might be because I don't comment or hang out on the forums there.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I prefer Smackjeeves (for the layouts and stuff). Something about the Drunkduck inferface bugs me. I never got along with Comicgenesis.

I heard ComicFury is good, but I've never used it.
clicking my sig takes you right to the comic.

Quote:
..but they seem to have taken up using gay as an insult.

I kind of wondered where that started, my brother started using it to mean "really really lame" and I started to notice others using it as that too.

We were doing class critiques. The one currently presenting his really awesome ideas (I kinda hated him cause he was to awesome. like the awesome people that had so much awesomeness they were kind of jittery with excitement, full of joy in sharing what ever tips they can and you not being as awesome always felt intimidated?) and after words we'd talk about it.

Well this one girl was talking to him about his idea, how'd he come up with it, how she liked it and then she said something about her gay idea or what ever. I didnt notice the comment really cause by now I got used to the word meaning lame but no one said anything we just continued on then after her comment. He asked what she ment by 'gay' and thats when she noticed she said something offensive and several people stated that its being used to mean lame for some reason.

We all laughed it off, but thats a moment where I learned I need to be careful in how I say my words regardless of what I belive they mean. Told my bro the story too, havent herd him say gay for lame anymore. He just says lame (or some made up internet word that I have not knowledge of)

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
That reminds me, I had a little fight on Facebook once over the word 'f**.'

I'll just copy and paste the whole thing here, replacing names and whatnot.

Susie
uggghhhhh i hate fags -___-

Kupocake
Hey hey, watch the homosexual slurs. D<

John
she's not referring to homosexual people. Okay, I understand 'f**' is usually to disparage homosexuals, and it tends to offend a lot of people. But seriously, chill out. She doesn't mean to offend anyone. She's probably talking about stupid people.

Kupocake
When I hear someone say "I hate fags" in that context, I always assume that they're referring to homosexuals, not idiots. The two terms are not that interchangeable.

"You're a f*****t" is easier to read than "I hate fags." Amirite?

John
As much as it could be offensive when others use "gay", "f**", and "f*****t" as negative connotations, it's just as ******** annoying when all these moralistic people start bagging on others for doing so.

Kupocake
Oh please. There's nothing wrong with telling someone to not use 'f**' if it was completely unnecessary. I didn't even give a moral lecture for it.

But I suppose the internet IS srs bsns.

John
Mind as well go up to non-black people who say "*****" to stop saying "*****", and non-white people who use "cracka" to stop using "cracka" just because they're unnecessary! Oh wait...everyone's just too p***y to do that, so they just target homophobes or apparent homophobes as a way to sound so damn righteous.

People use "gay" and "f**" as insults all the time. Deal with it.

Kupocake
Did you turn on the air conditioning? Sure is cOLD in here.

[******** funny, now I'm being accused of being a homophobe myself.
Kupocake
You're just reading into this too much.

John
Nah I just like starting pointless arguments to piss people off smile

Kupocake
I like how you tried to turn the tables around.

After that it was just a bunch of random people gawking over the debate wall, followed by:

Susie
jeeez dont argue on my wall please hahha xD

I don't know why I even try anymore. She didn't learn s**t.

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Why bother to use language appropriately! WHY BOTHER TO USE LANGUAGE! Let us communicate through grunts and hitting each other with sticks. I love the defense of it being 'ok, I know it offends people, and I know you are offended, but I don't understand why you are so mad'.

the most exciting thing on my facebook were drawings of my 3D teachers scary intense stare -o-

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
SDOIJAS AJIFDSIOJ asdfoijSDJI ASFJASJPOPDFK JBJBJBJBJBJLK JSdkdkd
Yessssss this works perfectly! XD

I don't get into Facebook fights normally, but man, it does upset me when people toss such a derogatory word so carelessly, within such an ambiguous context. But, I don't know why I even tried with that girl, in the 4 years I've known her, she's never "learned her lesson," no matter how bad of a situation she gets into. Hell, she still complains about wanting to get a new phone to replace her 2-month old cell while her family is ravaged with debt. If that didn't stop her, my nagging wouldn't either.

Speaking of teachers on Facebook, my figure drawing teacher posts his artwork all the time on Facebook, all political paintings complaining about Republicans-this, Health Care-that, etc. I look forward to his weekly rants quite often. X3

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
haha, that is awesome x3 Art teachers are the best... when I added a couple of my animation teachers everyone kept telling me I would get busted for bad photos or something, but after going through their profiles, my teachers have a lot more provocative material up than I do, ha.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Cetriya
I kind of wondered where that started, my brother started using it to mean "really really lame" and I started to notice others using it as that too.

I dunno. Though I remember some other cousins (my extended family never ends) using gay to mean a bad thing when I was in second grade. But I didn't really know anything about homosexuality at the time so I totally didn't get it at all, but as a rather untalkative kid, I never really copied them. But I didn't really notice it as prevalent until like end of middle school and beginning of high school.

I hate when people use hateful words super casually.

I don't even take it that well when people call their own friends "b***h" or "slut" or whatever. Doing that to me just... I will hold a grudge over it. One guy in my speech class was foolhardy enough to try casually calling his girlfriend "c**t." Didn't go over well, like anyone with common sense would know.

I don't quite understand black people who call each other niggas... It... just... baffles me... I think my dad would kick me out of the house if I casually used "c***k."

I get really annoyed at my sister who thinks slitty eyed Asian jokes are funny, but they annoy the s**t out of me. Never in my life have I ever considered Asians to have slitty slanted eyes (not that it doesn't exist, but Asians with buggy eyes exist too...lots of different Asians exist). I hate people who seem to believe it and think they're a bigger authority on Asians than Asians. I'M ******** CHINESE; I KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE! That and Asia isn't one identical mob anyway. China alone has fifty-something ethnic groups... I'm not familiar enough with a lot of European cultures/ethnicities to tell them all apart easily if at all, but I don't try to shove all Europeans into to one identical super mob (I know I can already hit peeves with British people by saying "British accent" seeing as it isn't actually one accent only...). I don't get why it's okay to do it with Asians...

Back to gay and f**... I just... argh... I don't think I've ever found anything wrong about homosexuality. I've never questioned anyone's choice of romantic relations and I ain't starting now (considering that my first kiss was followed by my brain attempting to process it for ten minutes, I'm probably not equipped to tell anyone what to do with romance)... I find it completely incomprehensible why people are so against it and use the words for anything they hate. I'm pretty sure it's still homophobic to reuse a word for homosexuals for something else you hate. You might have a vague argument if for some reason you found the rest of the English language not fitting your needs and wanted f** to mean bags of green lollipops... (yes, that was intensely random)

I found it ******** baffling how guys at my old high school would do it with the word Jew when they weren't doing it with gay. Especially since my school beat us on the head with bricks about how the Holocaust happened and it was awful and antisemitism is bad and paid for us to all get bused to a museum in LA so they could spend the whole day reminding us that being nasty to Jews is bad and why we shouldn't do it again to Jews or anybody else and why passively letting hateful bastards walk by being hateful bastards is letting the hateful b*****d get your silent approval.
@ race issue that klaxen was saying - i completely agree. i hate when people just assume i'm chinese/japanese. well mixed with it. but it seems to eb the only asian ethnicity people know here! but in fact i'm half korean and half black. from a lot of weeaboos they say stuff like "you're so lucky to be half asian!" um no. then as far as insults go i've been called a c***k ****** before or just a c***k. i guess i look more asian. i don't know, i hate it either way, the assumptions, the insults, the people that are japanophiles/asianophiles or whatever, i still find it insulting because of the questions they ask,

@sexuality issue - i think it depends where you live really. when we moved to the US. I noticed here in atlanta it's accepted pretty well. it's a large LGBT community here. i am gay myself and i don't think i have had much problems with it. only with religious people of course but that's about it. if your friends don't accept it though, how can they really be your friend? they are suppose to love you no matter what you are. it shouldn't even matter to tell you the truth. just like sexuality shouldn't matter, it's your private life after all it doesn't hurt anyone. if you are transgender it shouldn't be a problem either, if it makes you happy then so be it, if it's what you are and you know it then so be it.

also in the lifestyle discussion there is a GBLT support thread that handles issues like this and there is another FTM in there that i know of, well two actually that posts daily. n.n

Shadowy Phantom

Akioni Joe: Funny how you say you had trouble with "religious people of course" xP

Being any part asian has got to suck these days, haha~ All those Japanophile weeaboos. I've got a very minor Asian heritage myself from a few generations back, but when this popped up in conversation, a group of weeaboos that happened to be around decided that was enough to worship me. ...wat.
And since we're on the subject of mistaken race/nationality... I broke my nose a few years ago and it grew back rather unattractive, and since then many people, including two of my doctors have assumed I was Jewish.
Kyousouka
Akioni Joe: Funny how you say you had trouble with "religious people of course" xP

Being any part asian has got to suck these days, haha~ All those Japanophile weeaboos. I've got a very minor Asian heritage myself from a few generations back, but when this popped up in conversation, a group of weeaboos that happened to be around decided that was enough to worship me. ...wat.
And since we're on the subject of mistaken race/nationality... I broke my nose a few years ago and it grew back rather unattractive, and since then many people, including two of my doctors have assumed I was Jewish.

omg, they should knw better, the doctors! i mean race is a touchy subject too. And it does. you know when they saw my mom they were "OMG YOUR MOM IS KAWAII!", do you know how bady i wanted to physically assault them. i really hope people stop though because i know for a fact, and becasue i have relatives like this, that hate japanese people. and if a weeaboo just ask them if they are japanese, there goes an innocent situation turned into a bad one. not to say that all koreans are like that but some are. but weeaboos glorify asians. it's not even flattering it's annoying. you have people who try to befriend you just because you are asian. that's why i have to watch who i bring to my house now. i made a mistake with one person and i never want to go through that expierence again. she assumed i lived my life like people do in anime. which was a big wtf anyway. and i'm not japanese so it's like wtf, she bought up how she know that we are known for our sushi and how much she loves sushi and i was like um no...i'm pretty sure we're more known for kimchi...we're not japanese.....-3-'. ok let me stop ranting. it just...a pet peeve i guess, the weeaboos. i can't stand them
I'm glad I got over my weeaboo phase. So very, very glad.

@Kyousouka: ...I just don't know what to say to that. To the weeaboos or the mistaken Jewish heritage. All I can do is this. Am I the only one who hears Patrick Stewart's voice reading the caption when seeing those pictures?
w/r/t the epithet thing: God, I can't stand that s**t. It's like if you told someone "hey, it really hurts when you step on my toes," and they responded by going "DURR HURR YER TOO SENSITIVE" and stomping harder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff