Welcome to Gaia! ::

Static Sludge
zaMmaP
Static Sludge
zaMmaP
I used to post a lot in the past but, you know, dying site.

I used to have webcomics when I was in high school but I've moved on now. I should have my comics up on comixology soon, already did all the paper work, just... waiting...

oh I meant recently xD I haven't ever posted as much as I have in the last 2 months lol so I doubt id have seen you b4 then.

o; I was considering trying them, so they've already accepted? or are you waiting to hear back from them?

Might have seen me in the font thread posting old tuts

Yeah, I've been approved and did the whole payment/tax form thing. Just... waiting...

OH YEAH I STALKED AHEM VISITED (why am I talking in caps cus I got excited that's why)
your page with the submission letter XD dude that's awesome! you got like accepted and rejected in the same breath O.o <3

mind if I ask what the payment/tax form is? D: is that like when you do your taxes what your info will be or something????

Setting up/telling them where to send my money after I earned it and tax info because they like being legal.

While I'm waiting for them to put it up on the site I'm also translating the comic into Spanish in order to get a wider audience.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
zaMmaP
Static Sludge
zaMmaP
Static Sludge
zaMmaP
I used to post a lot in the past but, you know, dying site.

I used to have webcomics when I was in high school but I've moved on now. I should have my comics up on comixology soon, already did all the paper work, just... waiting...

oh I meant recently xD I haven't ever posted as much as I have in the last 2 months lol so I doubt id have seen you b4 then.

o; I was considering trying them, so they've already accepted? or are you waiting to hear back from them?

Might have seen me in the font thread posting old tuts

Yeah, I've been approved and did the whole payment/tax form thing. Just... waiting...

OH YEAH I STALKED AHEM VISITED (why am I talking in caps cus I got excited that's why)
your page with the submission letter XD dude that's awesome! you got like accepted and rejected in the same breath O.o <3

mind if I ask what the payment/tax form is? D: is that like when you do your taxes what your info will be or something????

Setting up/telling them where to send my money after I earned it and tax info because they like being legal.

While I'm waiting for them to put it up on the site I'm also translating the comic into Spanish in order to get a wider audience.

dude that's seriously awesome! congratulations *shakes your pixal hand*
do you speak Spanish or do you have a translater? (that's smart either way)
Static Sludge

lol

I speak Spanish but I suck at spelling and grammar so I use the translator to help. Also going to get my friend to help proof read it. Might even get my mom to proof read it lol

I'm half way through issue two, I should finish it soon before moving so it can be approved before I get internet
XP

I would only suggest comixology if you have like a graphic novel or a set of issues. I'm just impatience and wanted to do the serial.

My friend also knows the owner of Hiveworks but she never pressed hard enough to let me host my comics with him so blah.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
zaMmaP
Static Sludge

lol

I speak Spanish but I suck at spelling and grammar so I use the translator to help. Also going to get my friend to help proof read it. Might even get my mom to proof read it lol

I'm half way through issue two, I should finish it soon before moving so it can be approved before I get internet
XP

I would only suggest comixology if you have like a graphic novel or a set of issues. I'm just impatience and wanted to do the serial.

My friend also knows the owner of Hiveworks but she never pressed hard enough to let me host my comics with him so blah.

im not sure what hiveworks is? D: tbh ive only recently started exploring online options .-. up until 9 months ago or so I didn't have a comp for 5 years XD hahahaha *cackles maniacally*
I get that D: conjugation can be tough, used to be good at it but ive forgotten everything - ^-;

so, seeing as how you're technicaly published. Ive been curious about this: can you post your own comic in promotion of it? or no because then you wouldn't make any money...geh I just talked myself to sense.
whats the boy venus about, can I ask? o 3o I saw the cover art when you took the pictures for the con I think.
so comixology is for a longer story not just a one shot? <_<; I should know but again do you mind me asking what the difference between a serial and a set of issues is?

Shadowy Phantom

Static Sludge
im not sure what hiveworks is? D: tbh ive only recently started exploring online options .-. up until 9 months ago or so I didn't have a comp for 5 years XD hahahaha *cackles maniacally*

Hiveworks is a webcomic collective. They choose comics that they think have potential and help them with things like hosting and advertising. They have a form you can fill out to apply, so you don't have to be invited. They look for people who can maintain a high level of professionalism in both their comic's quality and in their behaviour (update consistently, not be a d**k, etc).

I never applied for it because I don't see how I'd personally benefit from them. Maybe I should ask ._.

Edit: A serial is an ongoing comic for which the total number of issues/chapters is not known at the start, the creators are either working with a very loose outline or don't know how exactly the story will go. Serials often, but not always, go on as long as they're viable, sometimes at the expense of the original story. The others (a graphic novel, a set of issues, a limited series) are typically pre-planned from the beginning and the total length is known before the first chapter is out.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kyousouka
Static Sludge

Hiveworks is a webcomic collective. They choose comics that they think have potential and help them with things like hosting and advertising. They have a form you can fill out to apply, so you don't have to be invited. They look for people who can maintain a high level of professionalism in both their comic's quality and in their behaviour (update consistently, not be a d**k, etc).

I never applied for it because I don't see how I'd personally benefit from them. Maybe I should ask ._.

it couldn't hurt, especially if a webcomic is a main goal for you. btw I recall reading one of your posts saying you've self published before?i think it was you

looool <3 I love that being professional is updating and not being a d**k (right on) just love how you word it XD

Shadowy Phantom

Static Sludge
Kyousouka
Static Sludge

it couldn't hurt, especially if a webcomic is a main goal for you. btw I recall reading one of your posts saying you've self published before?i think it was you

looool <3 I love that being professional is updating and not being a d**k (right on) just love how you word it XD

Yep, that was probably me.

"Don't be a d**k" are great words to live by, and there's no reason to reword something that so effectively conveys me feelings just to sound more "appropriate" or whatever. I don't think that the phrase is unprofessional, personally.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kyousouka
Static Sludge
Kyousouka
Static Sludge

"Don't be a d**k" are great words to live by, and there's no reason to reword something that so effectively conveys me feelings just to sound more "appropriate" or whatever. I don't think that the phrase is unprofessional, personally.

ive always said don't be a douche XD
neato, is it viewable online? this one dude who comes into where I work...he self published and I was all excited O_o I was gonna buy a book from him, but he was so unprofessional and kept "forgetting" or not coming by at all to drop it off. really pissed me off since I was trying to be supportive him being a new author and all. I ended up telling him I didn't want it anymore -_-

he also kept having to pull it off amazon to edit it o_e shouldn't you do that prior to putting it up?
*stops ranting*

Shadowy Phantom

Static Sludge
Kyousouka
Static Sludge
Kyousouka
Static Sludge

neato, is it viewable online? this one dude who comes into where I work...he self published and I was all excited O_o I was gonna buy a book from him, but he was so unprofessional and kept "forgetting" or not coming by at all to drop it off. really pissed me off since I was trying to be supportive him being a new author and all. I ended up telling him I didn't want it anymore -_-

he also kept having to pull it off amazon to edit it o_e shouldn't you do that prior to putting it up?
*stops ranting*

I'd rather not share my old comics since they're old and embarrassingly bad xP
And I'm sold out of most of the books. I think I have a few copies still lying around, but not enough to warrant advertising. I'll probably just save them for when/if I have books of my next comic to sell, advertise it all at once.

And wow, that guy does sound incredibly unprofessional. I have people proofread my stuff at every step of the way, and if I don't want to sell someone something, I say "no" instead of teasing them e_e

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kyousouka
Static Sludge
Kyousouka
Static Sludge
Kyousouka
Static Sludge

*stops ranting*

I'd rather not share my old comics since they're old and embarrassingly bad xP
And I'm sold out of most of the books. I think I have a few copies still lying around, but not enough to warrant advertising. I'll probably just save them for when/if I have books of my next comic to sell, advertise it all at once.

And wow, that guy does sound incredibly unprofessional. I have people proofread my stuff at every step of the way, and if I don't want to sell someone something, I say "no" instead of teasing them e_e

heres the whole story(sorry I have to ; 3 ) : he was a mutual acquaintance( I wont name him since I don't want it to inflict his sales or anything) of me and a coworker (clerk at a grocery store for my day job) and he always came in regularly every morning.

so he starts telling my friend that hes got a book gonna be published soon, then right before x mas he gets it published . I told him when I saw him next, I would buy it on amazon since I was interested in reading it (its a superhero themed novel) n I had already read the preview on
wattpad. then he approached me telling me don't bother ordering it, hell get me the book for a little cheaper (without the shipping cost) so im like sweet yeah! cause he gets them at discount.

O_o this was late dec, it then got to be a little tough trying to schedule when he would come in and give us our books with when me and my coworker were working. I kept in contact with him on fb
<_< so after a few "oh sorry ive got a ton of errands today or im working my day job"(which I understand) the last time was in ...march or late feb, (coulda ordered and read it by then) we have it all scheduled out, then he doesn't show,

so I message him when I get home o_o he says without apology or anything "oh yeah I had errands can I come in tmrw"

O_o so that was when I just told him if I wanted it id just order, and I wouldn't deal through him.
sorry I realize I have a tendancy to go on rants <_< ;;;;
and I agree~ that's why im having people I know gimmie feedback on my comic b4 I put it up, make sure the lettering is legible(as you know im working on) and that it makes sense. so I wouldn't have to continuously edit it pulling it up and down.
also I can understand that @ your old comics, my sister is that way O_o I love seeing how people have improved, but I know it can be a bit daunting if your the artist

Shadowy Phantom

Static Sludge

Wow.

I don't remove my old comics from the Interbutts because I also think it's interesting to see an artist's old stuff, but whether I link them or not really depends on the context. Here the context was prior work, and I think my old comics are awful examples of my work (for more reasons than being old).

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Kyousouka
Static Sludge

Wow.

I don't remove my old comics from the Interbutts because I also think it's interesting to see an artist's old stuff, but whether I link them or not really depends on the context. Here the context was prior work, and I think my old comics are awful examples of my work (for more reasons than being old).

O.o but I know what your newer stuff looks like XD I wouldn't judge you based off your old stuff. that'd be silly. dw tho im not pressing you to post the link.
and yes

wow.
Static Sludge
zaMmaP
Static Sludge

lol

XP

I get that D: conjugation can be tough, used to be good at it but ive forgotten everything - ^-;

so, seeing as how you're technicaly published. Ive been curious about this: can you post your own comic in promotion of it? or no because then you wouldn't make any money...geh I just talked myself to sense.
whats the boy venus about, can I ask? o 3o I saw the cover art when you took the pictures for the con I think.
so comixology is for a longer story not just a one shot? <_<; I should know but again do you mind me asking what the difference between a serial and a set of issues is?

Comixology is for pretty much anything. Just as an indie it's easier to get people to buy your book if it's a one shot/collection,

VasB is like.. gah I suck at this I'm just going to copy pasta my comixology info since I thought long and hard then.

A band of fangirls become gifted with the magical ability to change into animals. They seek to protect their beloved celebrity hotties from... evil fan girls! But where did these jewels come from? And why are the gods so interested?

Normally I post blurred out version of the pages as I make them.
User Image
User Image

User Image

Thank you for your interest

Sparkly Gekko

Static Sludge
Thanks for the advice. :3 We actually have had a lot of in-depth discussions about that sort of thing, how to blend our styles (in both writing and drawing) and it's a challenge but we're figuring it out. And yes, that picture that I linked was inked by me and colored by my partner.

Scanners can be annoying if they aren't the right size or they eat the color when you scan (both problems I've run into) but we figured out the right kind of paper to use to get the best quality out of my scanner. It just took a lot of experimenting.

I'm happy you like the picture of Allen (the hand-standing guy)!

I work, but not in a typical nine-to-five setting. I'm a writer first and foremost.

It's cool to see we have a lot of similar influences. Naoki Urasawa was really influential politically from what I've heard, but I haven't actually read 20th Century Boys or his other stuff. I'll keep your list in mind for when I need more reading material.
---
Also, hello rest of the thread!
Oh man , the site that used to host my old old webcomics like died/is gone. I'll have to dig through my old CDs for my old stuff. All I have for now are these compare images I did recently that aren't as cringworthy as some of the other stuff

User Image

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS05_zps7287b7aa.png
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS06_zps06d36606.png
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS07_zps8bc47c14.png
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS08_zpsd362ba32.png
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS10_zps6a7d1d94.png
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS11_zps5e653178.png
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/zammap/art/BTS04_zpsb45f48e6.png

The Hiveworks artist make a decent amount of money on adsales and some have been published (I've seen them in comic book shops!). The owner himself has no other job but taking his cut and supporting the artist. He also moves around A LOT and to different states. He offered my friend to live with him but she can't handle the idea of the treat of having to move within a year (most he's been at a place is like 6 months. Doesn't own furniture, than again I'm sure you'd be rich too if your didn't own furniture.)

Getting your comic there is pretty sweet deal. The most I can hope for with cosmology is getting $100 after one YEAR. But they recently got bought by amazon so hopfully they will add some features that will help artist (and buyers) out a little, like print on demand?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff