Welcome to Gaia! ::

Emil,
Nice...
glad you understand. I understand too, i know u have to work ...thnx
i have a site but uploading takes a horribly long time...so i wanna link the pics somewhere else...

Eloquent Explorer

'Emil'? x3

That's fair enough; I think we may end up doing the same thing with ours. Once we have something to upload that is - finishing a comic is no easy task.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
i have no interest in joining. none. zero. i never do, honestly.

someone explain to me the appeal of studios. it always seems that they're being started by people who have no interest in writing or drawing themselves--they just want to tell others what to write and draw. and then their topics go away and we never hear from them again.

it seems like most of what is achieved, is done by singular people who both write and draw. partly due to their having full control over everything (which cuts down considerably on meetings and such), partly because it's much simpler to keep the spark going in just one.

someone contradict me. i would love to see an actual product from one of the hundreds of groups seemingly formed in this forum.
Megrar,
u just add fuel to the fire, i.e, my passion for arts and comics.
Just wait for 'The Oracle'......
enchantedsleeper
coolsharanz
Vergessen= Which studio is ready to accept new people? If we could start our own one, we could play by our rules...so we dont go beggin around for a place when there's no ad or anything.
Good point, though wink

I was about to post and put a word in for Catalytic Productions when I saw that you'd already posted, Emi ^^ But I have to say, it seems to me that you're being rather over-critical. I know you love flame wars, but that doesn't mean you ought to pick them with every perfectly okay person whose spelling and grammar is a little below-par. Let the guy make his studio! You managed to scare off that other guy, the Chicken Soup Productions one, and I did agree with you on him, but at this rate there'll be no other studios in existence apart from CP xD And like I said before, I'd love to have a 'rival'.

Nyuu~ but, but, but, fine. I'll stop picking on him. And to the defense of the people who are over-critical. We have plenty of interest in their threads. Ironically, half the times, the original poster lose interest before we do. We're just over;y critical because we want to help people make better comics and such, yeah? We just want to help them be the best. We may not always say it in the best of tones, but we need to vent too sometimes, yeah?

It's note even that I'm against any studios from starting, it'd just be nice to see someone who knows what they are doing and shows a lot of initiative. I mean, really, it seems like he's just starting out and from experience, people just starting out trying to tackle huge projects get disheartened quite easily. That's why one of the rules to comicking is always to start with a short story and then as you gain experience work your way up to the epics.

Eloquent Explorer

megrar
i have no interest in joining. none. zero. i never do, honestly.

someone explain to me the appeal of studios. it always seems that they're being started by people who have no interest in writing or drawing themselves--they just want to tell others what to write and draw. and then their topics go away and we never hear from them again.

it seems like most of what is achieved, is done by singular people who both write and draw. partly due to their having full control over everything (which cuts down considerably on meetings and such), partly because it's much simpler to keep the spark going in just one.

someone contradict me. i would love to see an actual product from one of the hundreds of groups seemingly formed in this forum.

Why are you posting if you're not interested? There's no need for someone who's being purely negative and not even adding a little bit of constructive criticism. If you think that single people do better than studios, then fine. Go and draw a comic by yourself and don't bother other people who might not necessarily want to do things like that.

Emi - Well, everyone has to start somewhere. I had no idea what I was doing when I took over CP and yet here we still are =3
enchantedsleeper

Emi - Well, everyone has to start somewhere. I had no idea what I was doing when I took over CP and yet here we still are =3

Well it was you and a group of people though. I want to say that the others knew what they were doing at the very least. And then I came along having drawn like two (failed) comics under my belt so I pseudo-know what I'm doing.

Eloquent Explorer

XD Actually, none of us had a clue. At least none of us major players - ladyranozenth gave us some good advice but she never even became a full member, and c00ki3 seemed to know what she was doing... but anyway. We should really stop filling up this topic with chat. xD
Thanks for undermining my authority gonk ... Fine, let's stop spamming his thread at least until he comes back.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
enchantedsleeper

Why are you posting if you're not interested? There's no need for someone who's being purely negative and not even adding a little bit of constructive criticism. If you think that single people do better than studios, then fine. Go and draw a comic by yourself and don't bother other people who might not necessarily want to do things like that.

his complaint about previous posters was that they weren't saying if they want to join or not. i decided to explain why.

he took it as more reason to succeed, so i hardly regard it as purely negative. and, i do do comics--and not always by myself. i have one webcomic i've had to abandon due to other projects taking precedence. one is with a writer, one is with a company. the company is the closest thing to a group i've done, its also the most frustrating, and the slowest. the only reason i put up with it, is because they occasionally pay me.

i'd never work with a group for free. it's not worth it.

and, i notice that you haven't offered up anything from your own group.

Eloquent Explorer

*shrug* Yeah, producing a comic takes a long time and we're busy people. It doesn't bother me; does it bother you?
Not even if I were the head of the group, meg? biggrin
er...
could we just get back to the 'joining me' part ? sweatdrop
Remainder: People, plz post only if ur interested in joining me...
Meg, I don't live in the US, so it's kinda next to impossible to pay others. Besides, I'm setting this studio up just for the love of art and comics... ninja

Eloquent Explorer

Having people chatting in your thread is a good thing, though. It keeps it on the front page so that others are more likely to see it and it means you don't have to keep bumping.
er....oh,yea rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces