Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
You win this round, Kaxen.

There are a lot of things that mean "f*****t" apparently. All the pun possibilities!
Kupocake
Kaxen
I think a f*****t is a meatball made of offal?
Indeed it is!

Hm. Now I'm having an image in my head of a "f*****t" smoking a "f**" while wearing sunglasses. Interesting.
I WILL DOODLE THIS.

I think my arteries just turned to cement
Britain: land of unfortunate food names.

Faggots!
Spotted d**k (with custard)!
c**k-a-leekie soup!

AND WTF. Okay, so, I handed in my work today. Went up to uni and back down again to do that. And they gave us a project for the next two weeks since we have no class. They already said they would do it, so no surprise. But it's enough to fill four weeks full time. It's ridiculous. 3 full colour illustrations with movement/dynamic poses along with s**t-tons of research and back-up drawing. It's like they try to give us way too much work to make up for the fact we have so little class time and they are teaching us nothing.
i'm having trouble creating a character. like i see him clearly in my mind but it's not coming through hands crying

i'm so frustrated, i don't know what to do.

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Quote:
3 full colour illustrations with movement/dynamic poses along with s**t-tons of research and back-up drawing. It's like they try to give us way too much work to make up for the fact we have so little class time and they are teaching us nothing.

That sounds....really fun. =/
Saraneth 6th Bell
AND WTF. Okay, so, I handed in my work today. Went up to uni and back down again to do that. And they gave us a project for the next two weeks since we have no class. They already said they would do it, so no surprise. But it's enough to fill four weeks full time. It's ridiculous. 3 full colour illustrations with movement/dynamic poses along with s**t-tons of research and back-up drawing. It's like they try to give us way too much work to make up for the fact we have so little class time and they are teaching us nothing.

I'd be really pissed off it that were me. I hate teachers who don't teach. >x<

Also, the previous posts on race reminds me of a funny story: my sister was at school when there's this girl STARING at her. She ignores this for the most part but eventually gets fed up and is like, "WTF IS IT." The girl is all, "I'm just wondering what you're mixed with..." Which only annoys her more and she's like, "What the hell are you talking about?" The girl finally says that my sister looks like she's not all black(which we're not). My sister irritatedly explains, yes, she's mixed, yes, she's part Indian(Native American, but I hate saying that as it sounds annoyingly politically correct to me). Upon telling this to her boyfriend, he says, "Okay, I was wondering about that myself, because when you showed me a picture of all three of you(my sister, mom, and me) I thought the three of you looked sort of weird." I'm sure the fact I have freckles doesn't help any. 8D

Seriously, being asked what I'm mixed with doesn't bother me; being stared at like a freak does piss me off. Like they've never seen a black girl with freckles before.
sinistersquid
Quote:
3 full colour illustrations with movement/dynamic poses along with s**t-tons of research and back-up drawing. It's like they try to give us way too much work to make up for the fact we have so little class time and they are teaching us nothing.

That sounds....really fun. =/

Oh IT IS. SO much. I LOVE being in the first year of an illustration course, not getting taught anything, and being expected to produce more work than professionals probably would. When introduced to Flash, they didn't teach us anything. They told us to look up tutorials on adobe. And yet they thought it necessary to go over the basics of colour mixing with paint. ******** hell.

@Mink: The only teachers who really teach are the ones who do lectures. And the guy they brought in for printmaking, but we only had one class with him. >_>;;

But, on a happier note, Glee has come to Britain. 8D I watched an ep when I was in Canada, liked it, and now it is here. Yay! Being Human is also starting back up, but that's BBC anyway. Just need True Blood and Supernatural. Vampires, vampires, demons...and Glee club. Lulz.

I know I b***h about school here a lot, but it's just so ******** frustrating. x_x The only good thing is the fact that I am drawing more and stuff, but that's just a basic requirement of any course. It has nothing to do with the teachers. At least they're nice and not snobbish about what constitutes art. But when they suggest we make 3D models...actually having a class on 3D would help. Like a lot. Really.

*runs into a brick wall repeatedly for the fun of it*
FurryMink
I'd be really pissed off it that were me. I hate teachers who don't teach. >x<

That's exactly why I'm not nearly as good at 2D stuff as I feel like I should be at this point in my life... I went to a smaller state college (Art degree? I don't want no stinkin' art degree! Oh wait, I guess I do...) so we had only a handful of professors, and the one in charge of 2D in general DID NOT TEACH. Thought by signing up for painting, I'd learn something about painting... no, I learned to GTFO until I came back with some canvas and paints, and to get my a** to work. Only time I learned anything in drawing was when he was gone and we had a sub. And the only reason I learned anything at all in Printmaking is that he refused to teach it, because it was "too close to Graphic Design." The whole thing sucked.

My job has sort of a funny approach to race... we're mostly white, but with a nicely mixed up set of minorities that no one even notices half the time. It honestly took me over a year to realize one of my coworkers (who has since transferred to a different store) was actually Hispanic/Mexican. Not even kidding. I figured out his orientation before I figured out his race, and he wasn't open about that. sweatdrop

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I had one art prof that didn't teach. He was irritating too(One of the 'modern art is the ONLY art' and looked down on those of us that were in commercial art degree plans. He was the only professor for Color Theory, unfortunately). All my other ones were awesome, however.

Happy Birthday, Vicemage! Provided my Gaia notifications are correct on that aspect.
It must be something with those modern art guys... this prof was the same way. Except that only HIS take on modern art was art, and if you copied his style, it STILL wasn't art.

He regularly made people cry during critiques. Eventually he "retired," but still didn't quite go away... he was a miserable old man and none of his classes were enjoyable. (I felt so sorry for his wife, she was an AMAZING teacher in the honors/humanities departments. Taught all my Latin courses. ^_^ )

Thanks, Sei! biggrin Yes, your notifications are correct. And oddly enough, today's date translated into binary and my age are the same number. It's a little weird.

Shadowy Phantom

Happy Birthday! Here's a picture of a cake!

Also, is wanting to make a comic featuring Jesus as a wizard a sign of spending too much time at TvTropes? But I say if Jesus can be a magic talking lion, Jesus can be a wizard. No matter what others say.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
FurryMink
Also, is wanting to make a comic featuring Jesus as a wizard a sign of spending too much time at TvTropes? But I say if Jesus can be a magic talking lion, Jesus can be a wizard. No matter what others say.

Yes it is.

User Image

I want to add pages to Tv Tropes for my webcomics. I hope that doesn't come off too self absorbed (though someone mentioned Ask Altair on tvtropes before I ever came to the site). Though trying to scour the wiki for all the tropes that Ask Altair and Kaxen... on STUFF invoke makes me veer off reading pages I haven't read yet and getting absolutely nothing done.

And someone messaged me asking if I was the person "who does that webcomic with the golem?"

I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same comic. I've had golems, but in the loosest sense possible, not the MESSING WITH JEWS IS A BAD IDEA WHEN THEY HAVE ONE OF THESE ones. And even then it was a rather long time ago.

Though I'm mildly "dear god, someone loves my old shame! WTF?" when someone pops up with praise for an abandoned non-backburner project.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Hmm...just finished reading http://www.deadheaven.net Bah, I wanna know more. D<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff