Welcome to Gaia! ::

Transphobia is still somehow acceptable, which is infuriating.

And of course, the prevalence of transphobia among LGB people is ridiculous. How can people be so short-sighted?

FWIW, I met my current partner online, though not through a dating site. It seems to be working out pretty well.
My problem with meeting people through the Internet is I'm afraid the person would turn out to be CrAzY(but that can happen in person too, so...yeah). Also, my family already thinks I'm a recluse and saying, "I met my boyfriend online!" wouldn't help matters any. It's not like I don't have friends, I'm just not a people person and I'm a homebody. Somehow that translates into antisocial freak recluse.

And Zee, people are just assholes. Not all of them, mind you, but a good amount. Look at how long it took for racism to stop being socially acceptable. :/

I also finished AC 2. Thought you guys would like to know that.
I started AC2. I also played Modern Warfare 2, which is s**t. Apparently you can dual-wield shotguns without breaking your wrists, among other infuriating things.

Shadowy Phantom

Shotguns akimbo? ******** PHYSICS, IT'S AWESOME.
...except when it's in a game with a title that suggests realism >>;

Edit: Woot dual-wielding.
What she said. Rule of Cool may work there, but if the game is meant to be grounded in reality...
It is. Relatively. It also has dual-wielded SMGs and .44 Magnums. I don't understand why someone thought players should be allowed to run around with two double-barreled shotguns or submachine guns. Halo has the excuse of superhuman/alien soldiers being the player characters.

Shadowy Phantom

I guess they thought the Rule of Cool would draw in more people than the research failure would scare away.
It isn't the research failure so much as how broken it is. Shotguns are one-shot kills if you hit them at the chest within 20 feet. There's ALREADY a double-barreled shotgun that allows you to fire both shots at once. It's stupid to just give players another.

I also saw silenced akimbo SMGs, which is equally ridiculous. Someone else was using it and the spread from simply firing while standing was just embarrassing.
Kyousouka
I wish I could try my hand at VAing D: But I'm pretty sure I'd fail at it.

It is both easier and harder than you think. The VA part is easy so long as you have at least some voice control and can follow basic directions without talking back. It's harder because you gotta be able to have the confidence to make an a** of yourself on tape, spend the money to take classes and bump elbows with the right people, and you gotta have the time and energy to really sell yourself and get your work done.
Bella Roi

On another note, I seriously can't stand it when people open their mouths without thinking. Some t**t on Facebook had the gall to rant about how Transsexuals will never fully be female, and provided a list of reasons--as if Transsexuals don't know already. Way to rub salt into wounds. Callous b***h.

I hear all about Cis stupidity from my Trans friend. It's even better when Femminists activly work to dehumanize and remove rights from other women just because they were born with a peen, or tried to get a peen. Or when the LBG community throw the trans out on their a** because they refuse to understand.
Zee Coldwater

And of course, the prevalence of transphobia among LGB people is ridiculous. How can people be so short-sighted?

FWIW, I met my current partner online, though not through a dating site. It seems to be working out pretty well.

Guess I can plug her blog for this
http://genderbitch.wordpress.com/

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Psycho Bunny Studio
Zee Coldwater

Guess I can plug her blog for this
http://genderbitch.wordpress.com/
Yay, something to read.

I'm TG but keep it quiet for the most part, since one of my friends dismissed me when I mentioned I'd like to transition essentially saying I wasn't really TG just because I don't pass.
Quote:
TG just because I don't pass.

... what? I have no idea what is being said. This part of the conversation flew over my head. I'll just blame it for living in a (used to be) small southern town.

yeah I"m still upset at my parents for moving out of NY to Florida... (I hate this state its 20' out side whats the point anymore?)
Seijaku_Ishida

I'm TG but keep it quiet for the most part, since one of my friends dismissed me when I mentioned I'd like to transition essentially saying I wasn't really TG just because I don't pass.

What.

Jesus, that's a horrible thing to say. Passing or lack of it doesn't have anything to do with actually being transgender. You can be trans your whole life and never make a single move to transition or even try to pass as your preferred gender.

People are such jerks about trans issues. Urgh.

(Good luck with transitioning, when you decide to, by the way.)

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Cetriya
Quote:
TG just because I don't pass.

... what? I have no idea what is being said. This part of the conversation flew over my head. I'll just blame it for living in a (used to be) small southern town.

TG = Transgender. It's someone who are a different gender than what their biological sex is. They may or may not get sexual reassignment surgery.

Passing = Dressing as your gender to where you can 'pass' as it.

Zee Coldwater
Seijaku_Ishida

What.

Jesus, that's a horrible thing to say. Passing or lack of it doesn't have anything to do with actually being transgender. You can be trans your whole life and never make a single move to transition or even try to pass as your preferred gender.

People are such jerks about trans issues. Urgh.

(Good luck with transitioning, when you decide to, by the way.)
I likely won't have the money anytime soon, and the technology is nowhere near as good as I'd like it to be for FTMs, although I'm keeping my eye on it. They were trying some interesting things on rats a couple of years ago.

The funny thing is, while I certainly don't even try to pass, I still get taken for a guy maybe once a week at my work. I think it's mostly due to my body language. I would think she'd know better, since her favorite author she seemingly knows everything about is the same as me in regards to gender identity and passing(although she wears suits rather than dresses, but then I don't wear dresses either and think suits are snazzy).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff