Welcome to Gaia! ::

Indulgent Partner

MistressxLithia
Blackrose_The_Knight
MistressxLithia
Blackrose_The_Knight
MistressxLithia

Rosie already addressed this.

She blocked me. I don't think she saw any of my post.

What the devil for? I'm sure when she comes back she'll block me as well. Especially since I essentially made her eat crow by pulling up all her discussion on how her partner abuses her, makes her fear him, and she enjoys it as well as enjoys damaging her own body.
I dunno. I made her mad? I tried to keep my tone nice to neutral.

I hope she has escaped her abusive situation. No one deserves or wants abuse. She should be safe, and treated well by her partner. I hope she is addressing her self harm issues as well. I have yet to find a good, sourced, article defining self harm vs. bdsm. I may write one. Its been bugging me that people link in SH into BDSM.

I think she is conflated a lot of her clear issues, with BDSM and is acting irrationally in turn because of it.

I think you're right. unfortunately, the way she talked in the Gor thread, she thinks what her partner is doing is okay and acceptable. She went from one abuser to another, and that's sad, but until she sees it for what it is, she won't get out or get help. I wasn't joking when I said she reminded me of kitten, when we first met her. She didn't realize what was being done to her was abuse either, and she'd never been abused before that. he'd convinced her it was acceptable.
So, she is in fact acting in self hatred. I can't see her posts, so she is conflating BDSM with abuse, tolerates abuse and lashes out violently against BDSM? Sounds like self hate becoming so bad it externalizes.

Indulgent Partner

MistressxLithia

Agreed. Wait, I posted all the things she said in the Gor thread in my reply, you couldn't see them?

I can see them, just not in context. Makes it hard to establish a narration.

Oh I found a thing in prelim googling of self harm and abuse "Self harm falsely uses pain to numb the agony in your mind, heart and spirit. BDSM, uses pain, sensation play, to give pleasure."

Sugary Cat

MistressxLithia
MiameMiame
MistressxLithia
MiameMiame
Blackrose_The_Knight
MiameMiame
MistressxLithia
MiameMiame
People with n****e piercings,

this has nothing to do with BDSM. I know many who are into body piercing who are 'nilla in their sexual lives.

MiameMiame
tying one another to bed posts

Some people enjoy the feeling of helplessness. For my kitten, she has a very demanding job, especially during tax season, so she enjoys being able to just relax while being restrained, and letting me take care of her needs.

MiameMiame
and some weird a** RP-ing

What are you talking about? Not every couple who is into BDSM 'role plays'.

MiameMiame
I'll probably never understand.

And I'll never why some people find 'nilla sex fulfilling, but I'm not going to tell them they're weird for it.

MiameMiame
What's so nice about being submissive/dominant anyways?

Its a part of who a person is. It would be like being white but saying you're black. You can't hide or dismiss who you are. As a Dominant, what's great for me in terms of my relationship? For starters, having two people I love with all my heart trust me enough to know that I will fulfill their needs and never harm them. Watching my girl grow from a shy wallflower into a vibrant person who no longer hides in the shadows is another 'great' in my opinion. Seeing the stress and strain of the day just fade away from my partners eyes when I give them the release they need, and I don't just mean sexual release. Taking care of them, encouraging them to follow their dreams, and yes, being in control.
Um... oh.. wow lol
I am curious about your response. You asked for someone to explain why bdsm appealed. You got a well thought out explanation. Is that not what you wanted?
I didn't quite expect all the ins and outs about an internet stranger's sex life.

Which, you know, I didn't do, so your comment is way off, hun. You know, because I never actually said anything about my sex life.

Example:
Quote:
MiameMiame
tying one another to bed posts

Some people enjoy the feeling of helplessness. For my kitten, she has a very demanding job, especially during tax season, so she enjoys being able to just relax while being restrained, and letting me take care of her needs.

Just "Some people enjoy the feeling of helplessness"would have sufficed.

You deliberately making it about sex is your hang up, not mine.

Another example:

MiameMiame
Quote:
MiameMiame
What's so nice about being submissive/dominant anyways?

Its a part of who a person is. It would be like being white but saying you're black. You can't hide or dismiss who you are. As a Dominant, what's great for me in terms of my relationship? For starters, having two people I love with all my heart trust me enough to know that I will fulfill their needs and never harm them. Watching my girl grow from a shy wallflower into a vibrant person who no longer hides in the shadows is another 'great' in my opinion. Seeing the stress and strain of the day just fade away from my partners eyes when I give them the release they need, and I don't just mean sexual release. Taking care of them, encouraging them to follow their dreams, and yes, being in contro
I feel sorry for anyone who can't see how incredibly awkward this is. Would you tell this to a stranger on the street? I don't think so. I don't think I would tell someone else details this intimate if I'd never met them before.

You ask a ******** question, you get a ******** answer. And yes, I will, if asked exactly what you asked. If you don't actually want to know, don't ask. You may want to actually read. I specifically said I wasn't talking about sexual needs. Encouraging a person to grow is far from sex. You having a hang up over sex ius your issue to deal with.
It's like asking someone how they are and they give you a detailed medical history. It's either black or white for you isn't it? lol Thanks for the laughs though.

You must be extremely young if you think that asking 'What do you get out of X' means you'll get a one word, or short sentence, answer.I gave you two examples of how you could reply and not tell the whole internet about your bed preferences (though those bed preferences are obvious by now, since you are trying so hard to defend the BDSM community). Retort to personal insults all you want. The moment you decided to lecture me on acronyms was the moment I decided on not changing my opinion on this one. Feel free to reply, but I am pretty much done here.

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Eesh, reading through these topics really depresses me sometimes.

Liberal Receiver

All and Sundry
It is unhealthy? Of course.
Do some have serious issues that should require therapy? Of course.
Does that make it any less fun? No.
Many cases of BDSM are abuse. Nothing wrong as long as both people are fine with it.

MistressxLithia

Do I need to type in one word sentences for you? I. Specifically. Said. That. I. Was. Not. Talking. About. Sexual. Release. You. Having. A. Hang. Up. About. Sex. Is.Your. issue. To. Deal. With.

Release of tension and stress does not require sex. Sometimes all my girl needs is to be restrained. She no longer has to feel like she's spinning out of control and she is at peace. Sometimes, all my boy needs is a good flogging and he is at peace. Neither of those things have anything to do with ********. Deal with your own issues on your own time, girlie.

MiameMiame
I gave you two examples of how you could reply and not tell the whole internet about your bed preferences (though those bed preferences are obvious by now, since you are trying so hard to defend the BDSM community).

I'd like to chime in, that some people with sensory disorders, like Autism, need to bind themselves, or feel pressure to calm themselves and "be normal", and until the person with autism says stop, it's actually considered reasonable to do in assisted living situations.

My husband, who has Autism Spectrum Disorder(Previously Aspergers.), sometimes feels like he needs this. Instead of being tied down, he likes to ball up and have me hug him with my arms and legs, or else will ball himself up with a blanket.
In this aspect, it's not at all sexual release. It's simply about regaining control and composure in your own head. One could argue that this is exactly what BDSM is about.

For me, I cannot speak from personal experiences because BDSM and sex are very heavily linked for me. But for my husband, we usually try to refrain from sexual acts when in the rare occurrence, he feels the need to be submissive. For him, it is mostly, if not entirely non-sexual.

He does "get off" on spanking me, or tying me up, much in the same manner that one gets off by giving their partner an orgasm.
He has never left scars(Intentionally or otherwise.), has seldom left bruises(Which is rather impressive because I do bruise easy.), and stops without question when I safe word.
Sometimes I'll safe word because I'm about to sneeze, or I have a debilitating cramp starting.
He's totes OK with that.

He also sees a therapist, (who has also talked with me on a couple of occasions as a couple.) who thinks that his involvement in BDSM is healthy. She actually suggested practice in power exchange to help him cope with his abuse, because he mentioned in passing that I like the spanky-spanky and it gave him some grief over whether or not he was becoming abusive.
In short, and because direct quotes aren't possible, she said something along the lines of "Unless he cries out in pain, yells stop, or fears you, how would you be abusing him?"
I'd also like to point out again, that she has seen me, talked to me, interacted with me indirectly or directly over the course of the hour that is allotted for my husband. She said that she does not believe I am being abused because I don't show any of the signs of being abused.

Liberal Receiver

All and Sundry
It is unhealthy? Of course.
Do some have serious issues that should require therapy? Of course.
Does that make it any less fun? No.
Many cases of BDSM are abuse. Nothing wrong as long as both people are fine with it.

MiameMiame
I gave you two examples of how you could reply and not tell the whole internet about your bed preferences (though those bed preferences are obvious by now, since you are trying so hard to defend the BDSM community).

I'd also like to point out the traditionally accepted signs of abuse, available many places, but here's one for viewing pleasure.

Now, onto the signs, for those to lazy to clicky.
SIGNS THAT YOU’RE IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP
Your Inner Thoughts and Feelings Your Partner’s Belittling Behavior

Quote:
Do you:
feel afraid of your partner much of the time?
avoid certain topics out of fear of angering your partner?
feel that you can’t do anything right for your partner?
believe that you deserve to be hurt or mistreated?
wonder if you’re the one who is crazy?
feel emotionally numb or helpless?

My answers;
Nah, he's not fear inducing much at all for me.
I don't avoid certain topics out of fear, but out of plain respect because I don't want to upset him. I don't talk about abortion with my dad because he doesn't like it, and becomes very emotional so out of respect I don't mention it.
I feel like I can do quite a few things right for my hubbs, he's actually quite easy to please.
I don't deserve to be hit, or mistreated, but I like being spanked.
I have no doubts that I can be considered crazy, but I don't think that I am truly able to be considered crazy in medical terms, and don't identify myself as being crazy.
I'd think that it's rather obvious that I don't feel numb, as I've expressed my emotions here. I am also not helpless, nor consider myself to be. I can leave. I can stop it. I just have no desire to because it doesn't distress me any.

Quote:

Does your partner:
humiliate or yell at you?
criticize you and put you down?
treat you so badly that you’re embarrassed for your friends or family to see?
ignore or put down your opinions or accomplishments?
blame you for their own abusive behavior?
see you as property or a sex object, rather than as a person?

Nope, in fact name calling is one of his hard limits.(negative name-calling anyway.)
He's not fond of putting anyone down, and I think in many ways he often likes to build me up too much. I don't really see being able to sew, bake, or crochet as being particularly impressive, but he likes to boast about my abilities in each.
Nope, my family is pretty much free to come over whenever they want, though checking first is nice, so we're not having sex, and are at home.(My brother's come over and waited four hours when we weren't home.)
No, he actually values my opinions quite a bit. When he comes home from work he often talks about his day and asks me often if his reactions and what he said were appropriate.
Lolnopes. He often thinks he's being abusive, and blames himself, but he's not.
An lolnopes. He actually has a great problem with Owner/owned type D/s, so me being his property is laughable. His house is his property. His car is his property. His glasses are his property. His son, his cats, myself? We are family, not property.
Your Partner’s Violent Behavior or Threats Your Partner’s Controlling Behavior

Quote:
Does your partner:
have a bad and unpredictable temper?
act excessively jealous and possessive?
hurt you, or threaten to hurt or kill you?
control where you go or what you do?
threaten to take your children away or harm them?
keep you from seeing your friends or family?
threaten to commit suicide if you leave?
limit your access to money, the phone, or the car?
force you to have sex?
destroy your belongings?
constantly check up on you?

No, he actually, according to people who know him as an acquaintance say that he appears to have little or no emotions. He does, but the changes are very subtle, and for me, very predictable.
Lolnopes. He's never, as far as I can remember, acted jealous or possessive of me. He does, however, cling to me in social situations because he hates them.
Hurt me? Yes, because I ask for him to. Not like, by "disobeying" him, but like "I wanna be spanked, spanky?". He has never threatened to hurt or kill me, however.
To some degree, he does control where I go, because I don't drive, and if I need to be picked up, it needs to be some place that he can get to. By and large he doesn't control what I do. I am required to keep house and cook food, but considering I don't work, seems reasonable.
He's never threatened to take my little monster away or to harm him.
Actually, no, he encourages me to see my family, including the ones I really don't like, such as my older sister and brother.
He didn't threaten it, but once, many years ago when his depression wasn't controlled, did admit that "If you leave, I have no reason to live." He hasn't done that since then, and we have broken up after the breakup mentioned.
Limits my access to his money. Again, reasonable, he works, I don't. I have pretty much unlimited access to the phone and has told me, that if I wanted to drive(and he wants me to drive) that he would let me use his car and he would teach me.
He's never forced me to have sex. I have had sex unwillingly, like when I was sick, because he wanted it, but I was never forced. I could have said "No, get acquainted with Mr.left."
He has never intentionally destroyed my belongings. He's done it on accident - like once he managed to shatter my pumice stone by dropping it in our metal tub. But he not only apologized, but went out and bought a replacement the same day.
He does kinda check up on me constantly, as according to some. I don't find his check-ins to be obtrusive or violent. It's usually a text - how are you, whaddaya doin, are you makin' dinner? Such of that nature.

To go over it again:
Quote:
It Is Still Abuse If...

The incidents of physical abuse seem minor when compared to those you have read about, seen on television or heard other women talk about. There isn’t a “better” or “worse” form of physical abuse; you can be severely injured as a result of being pushed, for example.
The incidents of physical abuse have only occurred one or two times in the relationship. Studies indicate that if your spouse/partner has injured you once, it is likely he will continue to physically assault you.
The physical assaults stopped when you became passive and gave up your right to express yourself as you desire, to move about freely and see others, and to make decisions. It is not a victory if you have to give up your rights as a person and a partner in exchange for not being assaulted!
There has not been any physical violence. Many women are emotionally and verbally assaulted. This can be as equally frightening and is often more confusing to try to understand.

Nope, none of that.

Quote:

Economic or financial abuse: A subtle form of emotional abuse

Remember, an abuser’s goal is to control you, and he or she will frequently use money to do so. Economic or financial abuse includes:

Rigidly controlling your finances
Withholding money or credit cards
Making you account for every penny you spend
Withholding basic necessities (food, clothes, medications, shelter)
Restricting you to an allowance
Preventing you from working or choosing your own career
Sabotaging your job (making you miss work, calling constantly)
Stealing from you or taking your money

He doesn't control my money, outside of what I give to him as a part of our rent-to-own.
I have my own money and bank cards, my credit is shot so I can't have credit cards.
Doesn't hold me accountable for every dollar, let lone penny.
Never withheld food, clothing, meds, shelter.
I'm not restricted to an allowance.
He doesn't prevent me from working, my disabilities prevent me from working.
Never sabotaged my job, when I had one.
Has never stolen money from me, and actually doesn't like taking money from me when I offer it up.

So yah. But I have to go utilize the throne for a bit, so I'll be gone for a few minutes.

Liberal Receiver

TRIPLE POST. BECAUSE.

Apparently All and sundry has been blocked by topic author, so she can't read any of your replies now.
I don't even?
Why?

Big Fairy

9,675 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Befriended 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
BDSM is often viewed incorrectly as abuse when really, it is founded on trust, communication and consent. Since sex beyond the heteronormative missionary position scope isn't really touched on in schools or anywhere else without searching for it, people tend to mis-interpret what BDSM actually is.

Giver

you think BDSM is bad?

Oh honey their are far worse things out there gonk

Jaxton Cole's Husband

H_O_L_I_K_O_O
Whether you like it or not you have issues if you are into BDSM.

Do you have any proof of this beyond 'cuz I said so'?

H_O_L_I_K_O_O
I don't care if you are offended because if we all stopped saying stuff because someone would get offended I don't think our nation would've come to where we are today.

So if someone called you, say, an ignorant, backwoods, inbred b***h you'd be cool with it, right? After all, who cares if its offensive to call a person those things, right? (Please do take note, i am NOT calling you those things, i used that as an example of something that may be offensive)

H_O_L_I_K_O_O
I read this whole article about this woman's BDSM fetish and lifestyle and trying to say that it was a healthy lifestyle...

Care to share the link with the thread? i, for one, am not going to take your word for it.

H_O_L_I_K_O_O
This whole article made me feel like someone was trying to make excuses to stay with their abusive good for nothing partner.

Without knowing what you're talking about, because you didn't bother to share the article, do you really think people are going to take your opinion for anything?

H_O_L_I_K_O_O
Also for those people who think I am norrow minded: If I accepted everything everyone said I think I would be in jail or in a mental instituiton. Have some common sense for god's sake!

So... what god granted you the power to determine what 'common sense' is and is not? Seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff