Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
[ Rebecca Dicken ]

Upon hearing the two gentleman respond, Rebecca slightly cocked her head to one side. Sure, like sane on had done now, Rebecca had managed to sleep against a wall in a similar fashion, but usually it was due to alcohol and a good night out. He reminded her of him somehow, sat lazily and comfortable in an awkward situation. Well, at least Rebecca had two less people to worry about, somewhat. She still didn't trust them completely, and her eyes followed grump as he left the room. Actually, he left the apartment. Weird, she frowned.

Rebecca couldn't concentrate too much on the men. Rei had piped up, like a little spring or a child that doesn't know when to be quiet. "It's Rebecca. I think he was having a bit of a funny do, came her response. I might need to recheck him, Rebecca made a mental note. Definitely worrying behaviour, something that she'd need to ask sane one about. Speaking of which, he didn't seem as sore, or at least he was putting up with it quite well. Rebecca looked at Rei again, bowing like a little servant. "Please, I'm not posh enough for that. But, I suppose I can forgive you. Still not going to completely trust you, but you've got my forgiveness." Rebecca let a yawn stretch her out, reminding her about sleep. She stood up, retrieving what bedding she had spare from the bedroom. Her eyes opened slightly in surprise. There was one blanket amongst the quilt she didn't use. This got took into the main room too. "This is what I've got, sort it out between yourselves. I'm going to bed, so, er," would she say it? Would they know what she meant and how she meant it? Oh well, they'd have to get used to it. "Night night god bless. See you in the morning." Rebecca went back into her bedroom, thinking of her mum all the way back across the pond, and how she used to say it to him as they huddled together at night. She removed her clothes, leaving just her underwear on, and climbed under the remaining quilt on the bed, her door slightly ajar so she could hear everything.
NuTypeLegend"

RiderNoRessha

Minevato

Skilled Seeker

User Image

Company: Abby
First day of Appalachian Journey

Brendan moved around the rooftop, looking for something of decent size to distract the Undone. It was a tactic he had used before. A loud enough noise to draw the attention of one or two Undone, and you didn't have to get anywhere near them. As he moved along the side of the rooftop, he noticed a small glass bottle, part of the bottom of it chipped off already. "This should work." He said, as he picked it up, and read the label. "Well, someone must have been having a good time with this," He remarked quietly as it read Rum on the label.

He moved back towards the side in which the Runner was residing, and looked it over once more. He saw the garbage pile near it, and decided that it might be best to draw it towards that, letting them get down and across as quickly as possible.

He took the bottle, and aimed right for the wall above the pile, and made his best toss. It was successful, and the Undone wandered over to the noise, before deciding to enjoy the random scraps of the pile of garbage residing there.

"Let's get moving," He said quietly once more, and was soon making his way down the fire escape, and ready to move to the apartment building to climb up to safety.

Haunted Moonlight
User Image

e llo a m e ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴜм ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴊ ᴜ ร txxxς ค l lxxx๓ єxxxG̶̲̥̅̊ H̶̲̥̅̊ O̶̲̥̅̊ S̶̲̥̅̊ T̶̲̥̅̊

Early 20's | 100lbs | 5'4"

◎--------------◎--------------◎--------------◎

xxxxxThe figure was still coming, and now she was starting to get concerned. Maybe they hadn't seen the horde yet, but if not they might not see the horde until it was too late. There were certain to be some of the other kinds of creatures in that large group: no doubt, and they would see the newcomer before the newcomer could get out of sight. She sighed, turning around a few times, wanting to scream in frustration at the whole predicament. It was all too complex. She just couldn't solve it.

xxxxx"If we take the back alleys," Lincoln was saying, "and the street over by that clothing shop we can get to my truck and high tail it the hell out of here."

xxxxx Could she do it? Could she abandon this unknown survivor and escape? She bit her lip, finding it a more tempting solution than she could care to admit. But no, no she couldn't do that. She had promised that she would never fully become one of those creatures. She had promised... She furrowed her brows. She had promised someone, but she could not remember who. It was lost to the fog that she kept her past in. Certainly she could open that door, but she shook her head. No, she couldn't open that. What would come back might hurt more than she could handle, and this was not the time for it. Better to have no memory at all, than risk the bad memory coming through.

xxxxxShe pointed back at the bridge, looking at Lincoln, "Survivor." she said in reply to his plan, "Don't see the monsters. Coming to help us." She hoped that he had gotten her point, then she patter her pockets, finding the handle that had broken from her knife. She'd forgotten that she'd kept it, tucking it into her back pocket. She had been too distracted at the time, she hadn't thought about it. Would it work though? She looked up at the bridge and the survivor, stood up, then threw the handle as hard as she could towards them. It wouldn't make noise, wouldn't attract the monsters below, but it landed just near enough that the survivor should notice -- must notice.

User Image
e t a i l s ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ѕ υ м м α я у ...
[►] Ghost debates what to do to help the survivor on the bridge (Indila), pointing them out to Lincoln,
then throws the broken handle of her knife towards Indila, hoping it lands close enough that Indila notices it.

¢ α я я у ι η g ...
o==[]:::::::::::> broken knife handle --- lockpicking tools --- Lincoln's Rifle

ℓ σ ¢ α т ι σ η ...
The top of the roof, building nearest the bridge and the riiver.

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Quotable Genius

User Image

Samuel Gordon

"Wow, this place looks like a Shithole."
With: Angelo Walker, Rebecca Dicken & Rei Heartilly

|O| ------------------------------------------ |O|

And within a short moment's time, Rei and Samuel had been left within the living room of Rebecca's Safehouse. Angelo was doing... Something. And Rebecca was headed to bed. And to be frank, Samuel looked rough. His patterned scarf was teared, and in damn-near tatters. His breathes were short, and light. Because anything requiring more effort brought immense pain to his ribs. In his own words, that s**t ******** hurt. But the Younger Male had to deal with the pain. His hunting rifle had been propped up in such a fashion, as if it were a makeshift crutch. His eyes, or at least his retinas that were visible from his almost-shut eyelids, were bloodshot. Samuel couldn't even remember the last night of decent sleep the Pair-Angelo and Sam, had gotten. And he severely doubted that this would be any different.

Sam had maneuvered his coat in such a way, using it like some blanket.
"... Rei, unless you plan on doing something stupid, don't expect me to gun you down in your sleep... I figured I'd tell you that, so you could at least get some sleep..." To be completely honest, Sam would've gunned her down the second she had tethered herself to Angelo. But some sort of... switch had flipped in Angelo's head, because he began to act like Sam had never seen before. Something must be going down in Angelo's head, and if Sam even wanted to think about surviving this Hellhole, he was going to have to try and fix it.

|O| ------------------------------------------ |O|

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Two years ago. In a bar, where a group was gathering.A pink (dyed) haired bombshell's complement went straight to Elliot's head like the purest of alcohol. A confident smile placed on his lips, as he unconsciously brushed his abundance of hair out from in front of the right side of his face. Though Elliot was used to it, he couldn't fathom how his hair always fell down this way, no matter how he styled it. Unless it was pulled back into a pony tail, it would remain on the right side, until he pushed it back. "You are right, but even before I picked up a bow, I worked in the docks with my father. He was a fisherman, and as was his father before him." Elliot said with a bit of pride. Unlike most men in his hometown, the ones in his family had never been office workers. They were burly and very manly sailors. Elliot being raised by one was no exception to this and that fact alone could equate to the crap that led him to leaving Chicago.

Though Elliot's smirk soon changed as his buddy to the right of him chimed in, and like a double sided sword, she complimented him and insulted him in one blow. Though he didn't take it to heart, he still jokingly glared at her. "Oh dearest Hannah, how you wound me." He said dramatically placing his hand to his heart, and feigned injury. A small chuckle leaving his lips, before his eyes glimmered deviously. "Though even s**t faced, I can still take you on, head guard." He teased knowing this might not be true, but his pride wouldn't allow him to be called a drunk, even if she added handsome to the front. Though Elliot was one of the greatest hunters out of the group, Hannah stood out on her own with her riffle. She could very well rival him sober, proof, her title as head chairwomen of their little hunting club was sufficient alone. Though Elliot was in the running, for her position, his lazy attitude, relationship with a few of their members, and drinking habit all hindered his ascension. Though he never had any issue with this feeling that Hannah was more than enough to take the position.

With Hannah as head chairwoman meant he spent more time with his best friends and brothers, Nathanial and Josh. Had more time to go on hunting trips with Nathanial, and drink with Josh and other buds. Hmmm he wondered, if this pink haired bombshell of a lady was the type of woman to have a drink with him, he'd been looking for a good drinking companion of the fairer sex. Hannah wouldn't trust him in a drunken stupor, at she was smart not too. Now in vacationing with Hannah in Dodger for a seminar, he now had a new plethora of women to ask to drink with. Kativia being the first on his list. Elliot opened his mouth to ask the lady to share a bottle with him, when he got Hannah's glare. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up, and he found himself rubbing the back of his head in guilt and not necessarily understanding why. Then he realized it was because of Christina. Her and Hannah had just recently became chums, and Hannah being protective. He chuckled lightly at the thought of Hannah wedging her foot far between his cheeks as punishment, if he so dared. He whistled a lighthearted tune as to feign innocence, but they all new Elliot was a bad, bad boy. As Christina sat at the table, making herself nearly one with Hannah in an sisterly embrace, Elliot's eyes fell upon her and a soft smile came to his lips. Though Hannah wouldn't suspect or even known, hell maybe even Christina herself didn't either, but Elliot was deeply infatuated by her. Yes he was a perverted drunk, who flirted with every, and he meant every hot piece of tail that hips swayed by but that was just to satiate his never ending desire to insert himself between airborne ankles. He never had such intentions with Christina, he always imagined something more, gentle and endearing.

He watched as Hannah hugged Christina, and he playfully pouted. "What the old man can't get a hug." He looked up to the pink haired chick. "What about you? You up for some huggin'?" He said raising his arms up, his left eyebrow slightly elevated as if to hint to her that huggin' had an alternative meaning; or at least just to Elliot. Whether he got the hug, or the chick caught his drift, he would remain, seated with his arms up in the air awaiting her warm, and massive breasted, embrace. Ignoring Hannah's comment against him, he had no shame in his game. Elliot was a deviant true and true but with such a negative title, you can expect some positive results. Such a title was not given but earned, and if he was royal or just some conceited p***k then you could slap a 'King of All' in front of it. He laid it down, no matter the weather, scenery or skill of the partner he was laying it too. Each one gossiping to the next, as if it were some right of passage. If it wasn't for his charming personality, he'd probably be hanging from a tree somewhere. Well those husbands can't blame him, if their wives returned to them looser than they remembered; firstly blame which ever God or gods they prayed to for blessing Elliot, secondly blame the wives for falling prey to Elliot's charm and manhood, and thirdly blame their own inferiority where it counts for men. Elliot could fairly say thanks to him, the term 'loose women' doesn't just mean one thing, well at least in Chicago; and the few other places he happened to 'voyage' to.

It was then that a loud scream ripped through the bar, and everything went to hell from there.

Present day Elliot was lying on a roof of a building, over looking a bridge. A recursive bow lying next to him and a sack of arrows beside it. He'd just woken up from another one of those dreams of the past deals. He wasn't a fan of them, and each time he had them, he was rubbing his body trying to find his flask. "Where the ******** I put- Bingo." He exclaimed with a bit of hazed glee. He reached into his jacket, and pulled out a flask from the inner pocket. Flicking the cap off with his thumb and taking a swig, he pulled it from his lips and exhaled in satisfaction. Nothing like a good drink after a shitty nap. Then again now a days, everything required a good drink to make it through. He looked over the edge of the roof he resided on to gain a lay of the lands. Noticing a pair from the building not to far from his, seperated by a gap but connected by the boards he placed to connect them. "s**t, guess I forgot to remove those." He mumbled rubbing his head. The woman seemed to be staring over at the bridge not to far from where they were. Wondering what was to look at, he turned and faced her general direction. His vision was still groggy at best, and the booze sure didn't help. Squinting until his eyes adjusted, the image of a women. His eyes widened as he saw her but as well as a horde of Undone. Wonderful right, just woke up, had a good drink, and now s**t was hitting the fan but far worse was that it was sobering him up. Something he really dreaded.

Sitting up and collecting his gear, which included his bow, sack of arrows, and backpack filled with snacks, liquor and fireworks. He reached for his knife that was holstered into his jacket, making sure it hadn't fallen out, and willed himself to his feet. Putting his hands to his mouth, he loudly whispered. "PSSSSSSSTTTTTT!" To gain the pairs attention on the building adjacent to his.

Location:Rooftop Overlooking Bridge || ; Company:Within ear shot of Lincoln, 'Ghost' and viewing distance of Indila. || ; Personal Thoughts: I'm to drunk for this.|| ; B.A.L.: This section counts as my ooc, and where I will post out of character infromation

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96
Indila Belle

♦Combat Medic♦

“We don't develop courage by being happy every day.
We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."

User Image

The silence scared yet gave Indila relief as there was two options; one the survivors realized the gun shots where going to attract more and stopped shooting or two, the survivors were dead. The medic had to know the answer, she has been alone for too long and the idea of meeting new people gave her a dose of adrenaline. Looking up, Indila saw two figures standing in the distance on a roof but that wasn't what caught her attention. In the moon light, Indila saw a shape fly toward her and land a few feet away. 'Is that a handle' she asked herself as she stopped running to pick up the object. 'Why was this thrown at me and who the hell threw it' her mind raced until she looked up at the two figures. 'This is a warning' she figured as she dropped the handle and looked around. 'Everything is quiet' she thought 'maybe a little too quiet'. In that instant Indila took out her twin daggers as she prepared to fight but only to see a horde coming in their direction 's**t' she thought 'I'm heading right in to my death'.

'I'm not going to get out of this alive if I just stand here' she thought as she looked around at the abandoned buildings seeing a couple of infected undone here and there, but she was sure as hell not going to wait for the horde. Running, Indila brought her daggers up blocking her face in an 'x' shape before swinging past two infected slicing their heads in two. Not wanting to chance her luck, Indila grabbed onto a ladder and climbed with all her might. In the mist of her climbing she felt another weight being applied to the ladder, looking down Indila made eye contact with two lurkers "s**t" she whispered under her breath and she proceeded in climbing to the roof. 'I guess this is what I get for trying to help' she thought 'Luck is just not on my side today'.

Landing her feet firmly on the roof, Indila took her fighting stance; ready for kill. Slightly pissed at the situation, Indila grew anxious ready to kill the lurkers. Closing her eyes, the young women took a deep breath 'I.......2.......3' her eyes opened to see an undone heading her way and fast. All the combat fighting took over as she elbowed the creature before making an uppercut to the face knocking it to the ground. Having the highest advantage, Indila grabbed her dagger and jammed it into the skull of the undone. Breathing heavy, the medic forgot about the second lurker until it was too late. The creature ran and jumped onto the women knocking her on to her back with so much force the air in her lungs was gone. Struggling, Indila pushed the creature's head up and away from her and making sure her fingers where no where near the mouth all while trying to get her breath back. Tears stung her eyes as she was struggling but Indila didn't want to die just yet. Taking her free arm, she stretch out to her dagger that fell from her hand in the struggle and stabbed the undone many times in the head before rolling it off of her.

Catching her breath, she soon stood to her feet. Feeling a little dizzy, Indila lost her balance but regained it before she fell to the ground. Looking around she saw the two figures a couple of buildings away, it looked like one male and one female and they seemed to be looking in the direction she had come from. Looking to her side, Indila saw the horde making it way and fast. Turning her attention back she began walking towards the two but for only another figure to appear 'Just my luck another survivor' she thought as she paused at the edge of the roof awaiting for the others.

"Memories have huge staying power, but like dreams,
they thrive in the dark, surviving for decades in the deep waters of our
minds like shipwrecks on the sea bed.”

Where am I: On a roof by the bridge
Who I'm with: Three survivors
Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric
User Image
Angelo Walker

Company:Sam Gordan, Rebecca Dicken, Rei Heartly.
Angelo had found his way up to the roof, he needed a second to gather his bearings and really analyze the situation he was in. He had come into two new survivors, one of them could have her uses but the other was just a high school girl. He wanted to send her off but something in his mind wouldn't allow it, he struggled to understand it. He knew it was her face, the way she looked was much too similar to his wife when she was younger, she could have been his daughter's twin. He couldn't accept this line of thinking, it was too far from the reality of his situation for him to just roll with it.
"Pull it together. They're gone, they aren't coming back. You of all people should know that. " He tried to reason with himself but the feeling of something ghosting his shoulder shocked him out of it. He spun quickly on his heel but there was nothing there. He must have just felt the wind, nothing more he was sure of it. He took a deep breath and sat down letting his mind calm again. His eyes started to feel heavy, he must have overestimated how much his body could run without sleep. It had been much too long since he'd actually gotten a real rest, they'd been moving for so long he almost always slept with one eye open.
He should have gotten up to go back but he couldn't even do that much, he'd already sprawled out on the roof and started to drift off. He knew it wasn't a good idea but at these point would death have really been that bad? Of course it would have been bad, he knew that much. His dreams came in so vividly he almost thought it was reality, his daughter was doing her homework at the table as she usually did when she came home while his wife started on dinner. He called out to no avail once again, hoping to hear their voices one more time but neither of them spoke. They just waited as time went on, continuing on as if he wasn't home. That was when things turned, the door opened and in came Sam. He had never known Sam before the Undone came so it was clear that his world was not a real one. The real troubling thing was that Sam simply stood there in the doorway with the look of a man with nothing but bad news. He moved his mouth as if he was speaking but no sound came from him, his wife turned and gave the same silent, solemn treatment. The little girl at the table didn't move, she simply stared down at the paper with tears welling in her eyes. That's when they turned to him, the three of them stood there looking directly at him, their faces had gone from solemn to nothing. They remained completely blank as they stared right at him, he knew they weren't looking into his eyes but rather looking inside of him. He turned on his heel and ran out of his home and into the street only to find the world was the same as he knew it. Everything was gone, the world was dead just as dead as he had remembered it to be. He turned around to get inside the safety of his home, where his family was but once he got inside he felt his stomach drop. They laid in a heap in the kitchen, all of them were dead even Sam. His wife was the first to get up, she shambled toward him only whispering 'please' as she moved across the floor to him. He took one step towards her and his daughter rose dragging Sam's corpse along with her. She spoke up before her mother did. Voiceless mouth accusing him of picking Sam over them. He tried to speak in his defense, tried to tell her that they were his world, that he would never choose anyone over them. Sam's voice echoed from the ground, 'kill them' it pleaded. He stumbled back, his mind unable to wake his body from this nightmare. He was trapped by his own lack of sleep, doomed to kill the only two people he never wanted to harm. He raised his gun and squeezed his eyes shut, the sound of the gun echoed through the house as he pulled the trigger.
The sound of his dream had shocked him awake, he had no idea how much time was gone but he knew it couldn't have been short lived. He needed to go back and rest with the others before they started to worry. Could he though? He felt something he hadn't felt before, it was distrust but not for the others it was for himself. That dream had left a sour taste in his mouth almost as if he could find himself placing blame on Sam for what happened. He knew that wasn't true though, Sam was innocent of anything having to do with his family and he had only just met the two women. He instead decided he'd wait for morning until he went back, he still wanted time to be alone.
((OOC: you can just assume a time skip with Angelo. Depends on you guys though.))

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon
Genetic Genocide

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Health: Selene: Rather Good - Jake: Recovering shoulder

Waiting in the threshold of the bathroom entry, she was a little stunned as the apartment occupant didn't seem to want to leave his post at the doorway. The military man having long left, he seemed undecided on their next move. "C'mon, c'mon! There's no time to waste...." she encouraged, balancing the fear in her voice with her positive demeanor - something she somehow still held onto after the world experienced hell on earth. But the growing seconds away from Jake were creating a timebomb inside the woman.

She watched the man gather himself together and make his way over. He pushed past Jack and took a look out the window before asking Selene for assistance. Making eye contact with Jack first, she was still leery of the frail man... but it was probably just his bizarre appearance reminding her of the dead things that walked this planet. She forced a smile and nodded in his direction before heading over to help.

"What's your name?" she asked, as it somehow seemed fit in this odd moment. She wanted to know whom she was helping escape the apartment building.

"Micah" he answered short, already reacting to the strain in his neck that was a given while trying to squeeze through a tight space. Selene right in close to assist, she tried to put pressure on his back to avoid being hurt by the metal frame. It pinned her hands for a moment before he finally made it out and Selene trailed partway out the window to prevent him from falling hard. When the possibility of a loud noise was averted, she breathed in the relief and checked on Jake, who was already on the move down the alley way and waving on Micah.

Dropping back into the bathroom, she turned about on the balls of her feet and took a deep breath. "Okay, one more time. Are you ready? You have to be careful.. Your body is fragile..." she was worried about all this. How would the two of them so injured make it out? She had been pretty fit - pretty well fed and healthy these past few months after building a safe haven for herself and Jake. But the reminder of how she got there was pretty dominating.

Then again, she made it this far.

The sounds of movement outside of the apartment entrance startled her thoughts. She drew her machete and went silent in her next movements and instructions. Waving the starving man on while watching the hallway of the apartment, she hated not being able to see the suite entry. It was too quiet to be the slow and stupid - something was being careful - it was smart. A nervous gulp running down her throat, she reached a hand out to Jack and gestured he could step up on her thigh as she knelt down on the other leg. Pointing her weapon to the doorway, she left one hand free to assist. They needed to move - now.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

People, people out of nowhere, with so many you'd think they knew each other. Lincoln sighed, he looked around, staring down the woman whom of which was standing in the very Horde that once overwhelmed him. Rolling his head on his shoulders he looked to Ghost, "Yes. But for now, I think we should try to-" Then came the other, whom appeared from the rooftop. Lincoln sighed and scratched the back of his head he looked to the sky, covered in clouds and darkness, he looked at Ghost and spoke again. "Hey, Ghost I'm going to run and distract the buggers so Missy down there can get to safety. And while I am doing that I'll get the whisperer to come and help us out too. I'm going to need my rifle however." Lincoln, didn't much care if Ghost would protest or not. Really he was more focused on keeping other people alive. By the looks of the struggle between the Undone and Missy down below, it looked to him as if she got bit. Lincoln gave a slight sigh and grabbed his bag off his back and opened up the sipper, what he needed to do was get something loud enough to pull some stragglers off that damn horde.

Lincoln searched through the bag and found an assortment of things, a lighter, a cigarette, a few cans of beans, and a flashlight. Lincoln grabbed the light, the cigarette. Placing the cigarette between his lips he headed into the shelter from the little makeshift bridge into the main building, he took a puff and emitted a deep grey cloud of smoke from his nostrils. A window that was slightly boarded up blocked his path but Lincoln kicked the wood down and hopped in. A body and a slightly rusted revolver rested on the ground and Lincoln grabbed it. He snapped open the chamber and counted one bullet. Lincoln looked around for anything else of use. It looked like a hideout of sorts. Open cans, diary pages, desk, mattress in the middle of the room, a chair, and the body. There was nothing of value but the handgun. Lincoln wandered out again and handed the pistol to Ghost. "Found this on the floor. Now let's go get some lucky son of a gun saved." Lincoln looked at Ellot and pulled out his cigarette, and blew out smoke from his nostrils again and nodded his head to the left of him, as if saying, com'ere.

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'
User Image

e llo a m e ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴜм ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴊ ᴜ ร txxxς ค l lxxx๓ єxxxG̶̲̥̅̊ H̶̲̥̅̊ O̶̲̥̅̊ S̶̲̥̅̊ T̶̲̥̅̊

Early 20's | 100lbs | 5'4"

xxxxxShe watched in a painful silence as the woman picked up the handle, studied it for a moment, then looked up toward the building. Finally, the woman looked down at the horde that had just noticed her and was starting to make their way in her direction. The woman took off, heading for the nearest building to the bridge. Behind her, she heard the sound of someone hissing and spun to find another survivor on the next building over. She must have missed him because he had been laying down, but now he was trying to signal them. She turned to Lincoln and he sighed, “Hey, Ghost I’m going to run and distract the buggers to Missy down there can get to safety. And while I am doing that I’ll get the whisperer to come and help us out too. I’m going to need my rifle however.” She gave him a quizical look. He’d called her ‘Ghost’? She supposed that was just about as good of a name as any, and it rather fit her. She shrugged, and he dropped down to go through his bag, then headed into a building over, breaking in through a window. Ghost turned back to the edge of the roof, trying to locate where the woman, ‘Missy’, had disappeared to.

xxxxx She showed up again on a rooftop across the way, followed quickly by two Rivals. As she watched, Missy dispatched one of the Rivals quickly, but was tackled by the other. If she hadn’t been bitten before, she was likely bitten now. Ghost sighed, turning back around as Lincoln offered her a revolver he had likely found in the house. “Found this one on the floor. Now let’s go get some lucky son of a gun saved.” She stared at the weapon for a moment. She honestly couldn’t remember the last time she had used a gun, or if she had ever even used one before. Either way, she was going to have to use one eventually, he was right. Finally, Ghost nodded, but pointed at Missy, who was now looking in their direction, both Rivals dead.

xxxxxGhost looked over at the man on the building next to them, already calling him Whisperer, then looked back at Lincoln, “You get him, I get Missy. Meet at...”
She looked around for a moment, then pointed at a house between the two. “Then we go to Truck. Hurry!” She took the revolver, handing his rifle back to him and then started towards the roof where Missy was waiting for them. She dashed across each roof, keeping as crouched as possible to avoid being seen as much as possible until finally she reached the woman, pointing the revolver at her. “Bitten?” she asked carefully, “Let me see.”

User Image
e t a i l s ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ѕ υ м м α я у ...
[►] Ghost watches everything that is going on around her. She points out the fact that Indila is safe on another roof and then trades guns with him, telling him to get Elliot and telling him that she’ll get Indila. She then runs across the roof to Indila and points a gun at her, asking if she’s been bitten.

¢ α я я у ι η g ...
o==[]:::::::::::> Revolver --- lockpicking tools

ℓ σ ¢ α т ι σ η ...
The top of the roof, building nearest the bridge and the riiver.

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln nodded to Ghost taking his rifle and running to the roof above the vent that the two of them exited from, there Lincoln could just roof run to the whisperer. Who ever he was, he could prove as a good member of the of the group in time. Lincoln started to run towards a fallen building. Its ruins acting like a bridge of which he could scale over to Elliot. The man started to run over to the ruined building, hopping building to building. Rooftop to rooftop. He jumped about seven buildings before he reached the remains of a newspaper building, he stopped and stared at its foundations, questioning whether or not it was, sea worthy for him to be jumping on it. Lincoln smiled at himself, he looked back to see Ghost had long since left. He took in a deep breath and jumped over the gap between this rooftop and the side of the building. Lincoln grabbed the edge and hung on with a hand, he brought his other to the edge and pulled his body up. He got on top of the side and he started to wander on the edge of the fallen building. Like doing a tightrope act Lincoln walced his was on the edge.

The building itself laid on its side and still held in tact somehow, none the less it creaked and snapped as he grew closer to the other side of the street. Lincoln reached the point where it was broken and he crouched down and blew up in motion hopping onto the other rooftop. From that point Lincoln rolled off his shoulder and started to walk to Elliot with his rifle pointed and a smirk on his face. The unlimited amount of possibilities out of all of this. Get robbed and killed. New found hope, food, workers. Search squads, a bandit group even. But it won't come to that, only Ghost I believe will show up, or if anyone else comes with then they will press a gun against my head and force me to follow them to the woods and take over the family farm. Lincoln thought long and hard as he approached the Whisperer, who seemed to be a drunk, by Lincoln collective amount of knowledge. He pointed his rifle at Elliot eyeing him down and making sure that he didn't try anything. Lincoln looked at the street ahead and noticed the Horde approaching ever so closer towards them. 'Damn' he whispered to himself and lowered his gun down. He sighed and turned to Elliot, opening his hand. "Name's Lincoln, if you don't mind helping me out, I can take you home to my farm, got a pig ready for a meal."

That's when he really wished his brother was still alive, he was the more charismatic one of the two. They were born twins, Lincoln and his brother's birth was the reason for Lincoln's mother's death. The two twins were like exact copies but twins. When Lincoln was fifteen he dyed his hair black from the blond color that was rested in the rest of his family. Lincoln scratched his head and sighed, looking back at Elliot, with or without his help, he needed Ghost out alive. Lincoln wasn't sure why, but something in him wanted her to see this through.

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

Jack's mind was racing. Upon the instructions given, the impending crisis, and the the new plan of escape, Jack was...surprisingly still. There was a lot he still did not understand. Why were they helping him? How could they trust him? Did they actually formulate a plan that required his aid? He thought about it momentarily, but said nothing as the military man raced out and the boy made his way out the bathroom window.

Alright he thought. I'll bite.
He started by quickly shoving the sofa across the room and against the living room door. He would be the last one to leave the room anyway, might as well make himself of some use. He grunted as the sofa grinded against the floor, groaning over to the far end of the door. Upon the slam of the sofa against the door, he heard the agitated moans and alerted hisses of the Undone come from the other side of the door. He reeled back instinctively.

Wiping what peanut butter he had left on his fingers on the sofa, he darted over to the bathroom. Already, he could hear the banging on the other side of the door. He didn't dare turn around.

And it seemed that he had gotten to the bathroom at the same time as the girl had dropped down to help him. No one else was around. Jack inferred that he was the last man here, and this girl was helping him. Again, with the helping...he wondered if they were just different types of living beings, or if they hadn't yet experienced the horrors that he had to survive. He didn't put much thought into it as he passed by the woman and threw his knapsack through the window first, before he looked over at her quizzically in response to what she had to say.

"Lady, my body is fine," he said, a snappy tone imbued with amusement. He used her thigh to boost himself up and deftly slid through the narrow window. He picked his knapsack up from off the ground and inspected the narrow alleyway they now found themselves in. He grit his teeth. Not much maneuvering that could be done here. If they were spotted, it most certainly would be over.

Genetic Genocide
Glewen

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
As Elliot watched from his bird's nest of a roof, he saw the little lady brave through the horde with skill. He readied his bow, from this distance he could provide cover, but that last drink. s**t, his vision blurred and before he realized; he was falling back on his a**. Damn, he just had to have that drink with out a snack, and now it was biting him in the a**. He took a deep breath, and regained his composure. He took aim again at the horde to see the woman, had actually made it through but now was pinned, ready to take the shot, Elliot watched as she dispatched the undone but the method would surely leave blood on her face. God, hopefully she didn't get none in her eyes or mouth or she was good as bitten.

Looking back to the pair he'd whispered to, he noticed they split up. The woman heading for the little lady who had just taken out two undone and braved a horde. While the man came to him, he'd rather the woman but it's whatever. Elliot lowered his bow, but when the man brought his gun up, aimed at him, Elliot followed suit and raised his bow again. '********, I'm too drunk for this s**t.' He thought, as he watched the man approach, opening his hand and speaking about a farm, a pig, and food. Too be honest the guy had him at pig. Elliot smirked, and lowered his bow. "Sounds, good but this would be easier if you lowered your weapon pile. I'm not infected just a tad bit drunk." Elliot confessed.

Tossing his bow over his shoulder, and sliding his arrow back into his satchel; he opened his hand to shake the man's. "I'm Elliot, and if you don't have a plan, I know a way to buy us some time with that horde." Elliot suggested. This wasn't his first horde, and it sure as hell wasn't luck why, he managed to survive on this roof, drunk, and barely conscious. Well maybe a lot of it was luck, but he still had a viable plan.

Location:Rooftop Overlooking Bridge || ; Company:With Lincoln. || ; Personal Thoughts: I'm to drunk for this.|| ; B.A.L.: Quick post for progress sake

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Mythical Werewolf

12,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Xaumeric

Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

User ImageUser Image

HEALTH 」Wounded, Right Leg. Knife in left side.「 LOCATION 」In a alleyway down from the bridge.

The Lurker kept snapping at the air. It was doing everything it possibly could with what Wolf left it to function with. Which was only a working jaw with no teeth. The thought amused Wolf in his current state of jumbled memories. He had laughed maniacally when he pulled the teeth from the Lukers jaw. To him, as he had systematically neutralized the Luker, it was his father lying there and not an Undone. After he finished severing the tendons that made the Lurker almost paralyzed he had removed his belt and wrapped it around his waist just above the knife wound. However he thought better than to remove the dull piece of scrap metal and simply left it in. The cut wasn't deep enough to hit anything vital, but it did making moving more painful and harder. If it wasn't removed the wound, exposed or not, was bound to get infected if it already wasn't. A funny thought came to his mind. Something about tetanus shots, and how long ago was his last. Even with that logic running through his mind Wolf had already pressed on; there was no time to stop and treat his wounds. Dragging the Lurker by its hair Wolf moved forward down the alleyway and into the next. He continued on this way before finding an alleyway that was Undone free and then turned off to one side. The same was done until he was finally on his way back towards the river. That destination seemed far away, but he hadn't gone that far off his original course. So the bridge should have been around the corner.

Whether it was the blood loss, exhaustion, or sudden psychotic break, Wolf couldn't tell, but when he turned that corner the he knew he had made a huge mistake. Undone activity around the bridge had increased significantly. Why? Well Wolf could only hazard a guess that the people he was now watching on the roof tops were the culprits. Quickly he pulled himself and the Luker back into the alleyway hiding himself from the street. He noticed three survivors in total, but there was a feeling that there was another lurking around the corner somewhere. Too many infected around for there not to be. Whether they wanted it or not they were about to have a little help. Behind him rested the body of a late model sedan. The wheels had been stripped and the door had various bullet holes and dents in it as well. However all Wolf needed was the hood. Wolf threw the Lurker he had been dragging behind him onto the hood and used two of the three long knives on his left thigh to pin the Luker to the hood by its shoulder. Then he drew the last knife and cut a long strip from the bottom of the sleeveless hoodie he was wearing. Using the sharp blade he cut down the palm of his hand so blood began flowing from the wound. He first let it drip onto the lurker's head getting its attention and then moved so it was then dripping all over it's chest and then legs. When Wolf was satisfied he paused for a moment and realized he was down wind from the hoard, but that was alright. Drawing the 1911 colt from his holster he fired two round into the air before replacing it. The noise was going to draw all the Undone in the area to the feast he had just prepared.

Wolf used the moments he had left before he really needed to run to make sure the belt was pulled tight over the shank in his side and tighten the straps of his RIG on his right leg over the gunshot wound from a day ago. Satisfied he paused for a moment and listened the the Undone as they all began to shuffle away from the bridge and back towards alleyway a few blocks down. Wolf turned back towards the way he came and then began to jog at a steady pace to stress test the various injuries he had incurred. The knife in his side was the most painful, but it was by no means going to stop him. Not with the added incentive of a hoard behind him now. When he reached the main alleyway once more he turned up, towards the bridge, and followed the alleyway for another four blocks before turning down another that would let him back out on the street where the bridge was once again. As he suspected there were only a few stragglers making their way back towards the noise. The streets right in front of the bridge were mostly cleared now. Now all Wolf had to do was wait for the rest of the Undone to leave and he could easily make his break across the bridge.

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon
Genetic Genocide

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Health: Selene: Rather Good - Jake: Recovering shoulder

A subtle rolling of eyes happened with Selene, but it quickly dissipated as she assisted him out. The couch being the only thing that bought her time - it wasn't long before the specials were making headway on the defence and she could hear the feet of the couch scraping inch inch. Everyone else safely out now, she was struggling with the idea of jumping out a window without anyone to cover her - hesitating and nearly frozen on the spot.

'Selene! Get a move on! No time to choke!'a familiar voice rang in her mind and she shook it off, stepping forward for the bathroom door and swinging it shut - flipping the lock over and yanking open a counter drawer. One bag popping out the window, then the next. She would grab them afterward. Satisfied she could move on, her body lept for the window and she slid on through with minimal struggle.

Jake had already moved on up ahead and she could feel her stomach churning at the very idea. She tried to flag him down to keep the group tighter when a chilling sound crept her ears from behind. A low gurgling, accompanied by a familiar grunt and groaning. Her body still crouched from the drop, she thought fast and ducked just as the ungodly thing lept for her neck.

Her instinct telling her to yell ahead - for a warning - for help, Selene refrained to avoid attracting even more unwanted attention. Frightened noises made their way up her throat as she muffled them, scurrying backwards on her hands and feet. The undone fell forward and tumbled over itself with an array of bone cracking crunches. When it straightened back up, Selene had already jumped to her feet and readied her weapon but it didn't even bother with her. It jumped forward for Jack and she let out a surprised gasp while rushing it. "Watch out!" Her machete swinging up with all her anxious force, it narrowly missed the things head and it got stuck into it's shoulder. Without hesitation she brought her boot up to it's back and shoved it off as decayed flesh and blood shot out, watching it stumble forward toward their group. The thing was smart and it dodged Jack entirely with little interest in him, scaling up a metal mesh cage that covered a large exhaust fan from the building parking lot.

Jake had long since turned around to catch the scene of it projecting itself off the mesh, jumping Micah from the vantage point. Both him and Selene running toward the attack, Jake stopped short and clutched the bag close when he clued in it was a Lurker. Selene grabbed the lanky thing from up off of Micah and wrapped her machete around its neck in a choke hold. It retaliated, pushing back and knocking her off her feet and falling to the alleyway ground with it. Chomping it's teeth and landing on top of her - it knocked the wind from her lungs but she held tight, silently yelling for Jack to kill it. She gasped for air, trying to regain herself and hold it in place as a ghastly ooze tripped down into her coat.

Jake was beside himself, bawling his eyes out and frantically darting his eyes around the scene. He knew all the noise he was making could attract more of them, but it was rare he witnessed Selene get taken by surprise. Micah laying on the ground, Jake wanted to approach him and see the damage, but he was too afraid. Jake needed Selene.. He wasn't ready to lose her, or anyone else right now.

((OOC: I'm so sorry it took so long! Been a crazy day over here with work! I didn't expect two clients to need my help today! Plus I forgot it was a running day for my son and I had to stay at the track longer than expected lol! Thanks for waiting and hope it's not written too poorly in my haste!))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff