Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
[ Rebecca Dicken ]

Rebecca realised she shouldn't have not looked back on Rei squeezing grump when he entered her mind again, smiling like an idiot as he often did. Rebecca took a deep, steadying breath, her eyes becoming wet once more. Nope. I can't let them see me like this... God, why'd you always manage to get in my head. Rebecca could almost hear his reply, mocking her with his cheeky smile. She had to show her face again. Refreshed. Calmer. In control. Again, Rebecca took a deep breath, running her fingers through her hair, and headed back downstairs.
Stopping at the door, Rebecca heard something that sent a chill down her back. The girl is staying. Yaaayyy. She shouldn't be this mean. This girl was, understandably, surviving. But, with new, smiling face on, Rebecca went back in, leaving her boots by the door.
"Alright?" she said in greeting, as she made her way to the sofa. Sane one looked a little less in pain, and no visible signs of distress. Grump still seemed a little shocked and perplexed at the situation, but he was the one that decided she was staying. At least he seemed less confused. The girl, well, she needed calming down or something. Maybe a knock on the head, or as her dad would say, a knock on th'ead.
"So, I get that she's staying, but where is everyone going to sleep? I've got two quilts. That's it. Didn't plan on having so many people," Rebecca announced, lazily and half - heartedly crossing her arms as she snuggled into the seat, getting comfortable.
NuTypeLegend"

RiderNoRessha

Minevato

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln was slightly shocked by the Shade appearing in front of him, he actually didn't think that he would meet up with it in the shaft but he was just happy not to get it killed. Now he could see that it was a woman in front of him. Lincoln smiled before it was snatched by the palm of her hand, Thomas pulled it away, and he spoke quietly, "Hey there." Lincoln waved his hand, he could tell she wasn't much of a speaker, more like a, get out of my way I am going to kill you, kind of person. Lincoln rolled his head on his neck giving off a few definate cracks and he tried not to move, at this point his rifle was jabbing him in the back and he was slightly in an awkward position. He tried adjust himself without moving too much, he just needed to get the rifle out of his way. Lincoln looked at the woman and frowned this time however, he wanted to sleep, he should have had his supplies by now and high tailed back to the farm. Lincoln sighed, as he waited for the woman to respond to his friendly greeting, but before that, he grinned. "Uh... Thanks for saving my a** by the way, think I would have lost my life without your help there." Lincoln was still sweating from all the running, and he had on his leather coat and jeans, so they provided a lot of which was a tad bit uncomfortable in the small space. He needed another cigarette, and a beer. Just something to get the edge, but the beer was a luxury he kissed good a year and a half ago...

ThePheonixLotus

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon
Genetic Genocide
d r ii BONES

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Health: Selene: Rather Good - Jake: Recovering shoulder

While the rest of the group registered the coming threat, Jake was already up off the couch and reaching into his own pack. Watching the man approach Jake sent an uneasiness down Selene's back and she instinctively took a step toward them.

Jake was pulling a tuque over his head when the man approached and he was suddenly taken from his own thoughts and into a new world for just a moment. He smiled widely, more childlike at the request, before straightening up and nodding a sort of deep respect. "Yes sir."His shoulder still a little sore, it didn't seem to matter right now.

It was the first time Selene had seen anyone else impact Jake since she found him.. And for a brief moment, she wished they could all just stay put and stop running. That she might be able to actually learn who these people were. But was that really a good thing?...

Selene was trying to follow the chaos that comes from a group of people living in fear and concluded to agree with the military man. The wounded, though having good intentions, would be walking into their own coffins out there.

She followed his explanation closely, observing the map and going into a whole new mode. She had the responsibility of more than just Jake this time. A nudge from behind when Jake came up, he subtly passed her a small 9mm handgun. She nodded to him in silent acknowledgement and slid it into the front of her the jeans, nicely sitting under her coat and sweater. Glancing around the room at everyone, she knew there would be skepticism. But there was no time for that right now and the swallowed the feeling with a hard gulp.

When he finalized the explanations, Selene folded the map and tucked it away in her jacket pocket before grabbing up her own bag. '9187, 9187...' was on repeat in her mind. For just a moment she contemplated writing it down with an old ballpoint pen in her pack - there was no time.

Another noise from outside pushed her to move faster - toward the bathroom and grabbing up Jake's own pack on her way. She would have to carry both and keep up with all of the needs ahead.

Looking to the other two men when their 'Point' left the apartment, she hoped everyone could make it... But reality wasn't always so kind.

"Everyone on the same page? Down the alley, head for the back of the building to the next set... We'll work our way through that and to the river. We should trust him..." She adds, voice a little awkward. "After all.. he's running into hell right now for us." She waited for that to sink in a moment before moving on. Watching Jake as he went ahead of them to the window, she rushed up behind him and whispered "Wait..." with a hand gesturing to act quietly. Jake acknowledged - his hands fighting the window as to not make any sudden sounds. Once opened, he checked for their distraction and sure enough it was heard. "He's there, and the alley is clear!" Jake loudly whispered. Selene took a deep breath before grabbing the bag from Jake so he could slip through the window first. It made her absolutely sick to her stomach to let him go first.. But these other two might need help.

Once he dropped down and out of the apartment, Selene passed him the bag and turned back to the inside of the suite. "I'll help you both out. Stay close and don't wander off - please... I can't help you if you leave us." Wary of those last words.. This was all very uncomfortable. Jake's life was at risk and she had more to distract her. Even knowing he's outside for these short moments had her stomach churning... This wasn't what she was use too.

Jake had since grabbed out his hunting knife off his belt loop, throwing himself up against the apartment wall and watching the undone as they followed all the noise being made for them. Him eager mind wanting to run after them - wanting to help his new 'friend' in his mind. But he stayed put while listening to Selene inside. Knife up and ready, he held the bag into him with determination.
Rupert Part-time Decayed

.xx.xx.
User Image

What is the meaning of all that I stood for...
What is the meaning of all that I was...

xxxxxLoud One pushed her hand off, and she let it fall easily. At least he seemed to have gotten the idea that they needed to be quiet. His next act was to speak, "Hey there." She stared at him. After all of this, he was going to say hello? It seemed like a strange thing to say, though she realized that her memory of life before all this was spotty at best, and for all she knew this was a common response. Maybe he was just still surprised and didn't know what he should say. She considered this, and decided that it must be so. "Uh... Thanks for saving my a** by the way, think I would have lost my life without your help there." Loud One spoke again. Was he expecting her to answer? Perhaps. She never really could tell with people anymore. Still, there was little time for conversation, and judging by his shifting position, he wasn't exactly feeling comfortable in the vent. She was small enough that she fit easily, but with him and his rifle both in the vent it had to be cramped. Better for them to get out and then they could talk. To be honest, she was trying to decide if she even remembered how to talk.

xxxxxShe motioned for him to follow, then turned around in the vent and began to crawl back the way she had came. They wouldn't be able to go the full way - there was no chance that she was going to brave the horde again, not in her condition, but she remembered a cross vent that she had come across a few turns back. It would do well enough in the situation. It led to the roof, which meant climbing up vertical vents, but it would do well enough. Whether Loud One would be able to follow or not... doubtful, but he would have to if he wanted to get out of this building alive. They reached the turn and she took the right path, creeping along slowly and mostly soundlessly until they reached the first of the vertical vents. She looked back at Loud One, pointing up several times to make sure that he got the message, then she began to climb.

xxxxxClimbing up was always more difficult than simply going along through the vent. She had to keep her hands pushing outward in order to slide her way up, and it was a loud and difficult process. Every time her hand moved up, the metal bent and snapped back with a loud pop. She hoped that none of the creatures were close enough to begin chase. She doubted that they were actually coordinated enough to climb vertically, even the Rivals, but if they heard her climbing, they might get to them before he could get far enough up, and then saving his life would have been a large waste of energy. She was still hoping that he would share his supplies with her after this.

xxxxxOnce she had managed to climb to the next flat part of the vent, she turned back, reaching down and motioning for him to climb up after her, pointing at his rifle and signalling for him to hand it up to her first, so it would be out of the way when he climbed. She pushed her legs against the sides of the vent to steady herself, and got ready to help. At least in this situation, his size was a good thing.

If not that being the thing that I wanted...
Should always be out of reach, out of mind, out of sight...

.xx.xx.

Shy Hunter

~*Abby O'Brien*~

We climbed from the ruins
to see what remained
And one by one, we felt the sun
and prepared to start again

User Image
Abby nodded, moving to follow along while keeping an eye on the horde below. "Good," she muttered. "Glad we're close." As they reached the narrow makeshift bridges, she eyed them warily but made it across as quickly and carefully as possible. Just because being up high was the safest thing didn't mean she was a huge fan of it, especially when there were Undone milling around in the streets below.

But they finally made it to the last building. Okay, now to just cross the street and fire escape...

She glanced up and down the street. They'd pretty much turned a corner at this point, so there was that. Holding up a finger for him to wait she quickly went around to check both sides of the building to ensure nothing came tearing out of neighboring alleys. She was glad she checked-there just so happened to be one of those runners close to the fire escape they'd be heading down.

"...Well...s**t," she remarked, eyeing the Undone. At the moment it was just milling around, kinda taking up an unhealthy interest in some large pile of garbage in the street. Yeah, she didn't really even want to know...

Her green eyes flickered across the area thoughtfully, analyzing the situation as a whole, going over their options. Maybe they could take the thing out in time, maybe not, but she was pretty sure it was gonna take notice before they even had the advantage of ground movement. Eyeing the thing for a moment longer, she began walking along the rooftop again. "Hey, Help me find a rock or something..."

But there was no time to look behind;
we needed to rebuild
Braver deeds are still to come,
and destinies fulfilled

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Inventory: Pine bark (cut into thin strips) and needles, 1 small tin cup, 3 socks (one of which is filled with charcoal), wild onion grass, yaupon holly leaves, small bundle of magnolia leaves, 1 cucumber, moss, 1 piece of blue chalk, 1 kneeling pad, 10 small ziplock bags, 1 small tarp, a length of string, 7 bandaids, 12 Ibuprofin pills, 2 pieces of flint, 1 change of clothes, a half-filled bottle of water, a map of Georgia, a sliotar, a hurley stick, a switchblade, a Marshalltown trowel (Philadelphia style, holstered) and an excavation spade, one journal, one pencil, two mechanical pencils, two pens, four granola bars
Company: Brendan

Quotable Genius

User Image

Samuel Gordon

"Wow, this place looks like a Shithole."
With: Angelo Walker, Rebecca Dicken & Rei Heartilly

|O| ------------------------------------------ |O|

Sam could certainly tell that something was wrong with Angelo. In the year-and-a-half they've traveled together, nothing had ever fazed him like that before. But he had seemed to overcome whatever had afflicted him. Now, Sam had to make a decision. Angelo had apparently figured it'd be beneficial to keep this girl around, for whatever reason. and now Sam had to decided whether to do the same, or ditch her like the countless others.

Sam could only assume that, since they knew eachother before the incident, maybe Angelo knows something about this Girl that's useful...? Sam could only hope. But the first step to finding use in someone? Remembering their name.
"Sam... Just call me Sam. No 'Mister Gordon' or anything. That's my Father, and I don't want you disrespecting the possibly dead." Rebecca had returned, and brought the problem of the lack thereof sleeping utensils. Luckily, a quilt was a luxury. Especially early in Samuel's life. There'd be many a night, where he and his Father stayed up late, and slept in short bursts in Nature itself. "Don't worry about me... I'll just sleep against the wall. If I lay down, I might not be able to get myself back up." Sam pressed his back against the wall of the Safehouse, and slowly slide down it, into a sitting position with a knee of his in the air, a leg laying down as he sat. He used the rifle to steady himself, and kept careful watch of the door, his eyes occasionally glancing over to 'Rei'.

|O| ------------------------------------------ |O|
User Image
Angelo Walker

Company:Sam Gordan, Rebecca Dicken, Rei Heartly.
Angelo had fallen into a thoughtful silence as the others continued to work out the issues they had been presented. He couldn't help but think that he'd made a mistake allowing the girl to stay, Sam and Rebecca could have seen it as a weakness or the girl could have misinterpreted his intentions. He was not interested in a romance with a ghost from his past and certainly not with a high school girl that resembled his daughter. He was by no means that kind of man but still his body reacted before his mind had a chance to question him. This could have presented a problem, especially if he couldn't hold himself together.
He watched as Rebecca came in, explaining that they'd have to share the only two quilts she had. This problem seemed like a distant echo compared to the things he'd faced before, a blanket shortage he could deal with. Sam spoke first explaining that he didn't need one, the same would go for him. If he had decided to share the blanket he'd be forced to sleep on close proximity to one of the women. Rebecca would most likely thrash him if at some point in the night he moved to close to her, the idea of upsetting her so close to already having slipped up seemed more trouble than it was worth. Rei would most likely cling to him in his sleep which he would prefer not to have happen, being restrained in his sleep was something he would not cope well with and the picture it would present to the others would surely lower his reputation in the group.
"I'll have to pass on the blanket as well, if I manage to sleep at all it'll be restless so I'd only bother whoever I'd be sharing with. You two can have them, we won't burden you with something like this." He assured himself that he wouldn't need to say anymore on the subject unless Rei would try her luck. Before that could happen he excused himself from the room, perhaps he could find out where Rebecca had gone to smoke. He could use the fresh air and if he was lucky enough Sam would keep Rei under watch.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln followed her through the shaft like a lost pup. There was no telling how long she had spent in the city. The farthest that Lincoln went into Dodger was to Miss Clairs' hairdresser, only three blocks into the city. He crawled behind her through the twists and turns, it was like a maze. Easily he thought he had lost himself, but due to the lack of light and space he was getting slightly claustrophobic. Lincoln grunted as the vents bent and popped underneath and around him. Her pointing to the vents above the two made Lincoln as if he hadn't passed third grade, but Lincoln didn't take much offense to it, seeing as he wasn't the brightest of the bunch, that's when she climbed up and kind of disappeared. She appeared again and seemingly asked for the .22 hanging on Lincoln's bag, he was slightly hesitant to hand it to her but he was crouched in the vent and pulled the strap off his shoulder and handed it to her, he then started to climb up. This gave him the chance to prove himself physically to the girl. He was loud, but he was agile, he placed his feet on either sides of the vent and placed his hands on the opposite of those side and started to make his way up slowly. He finally made it up and pulled himself up onto the flat part of the vent and took a breath. "So, what is your name? I am Lincoln Markus." He was slightly happy, he hadn't had much social interaction in the last year except for the cow and piggies, and well the Undone that wandered through from time to time.

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

.xx.xx.
User Image

xxxxxAs he handed up the rifle, she snagged it, lifting it up to sit it next to her in the vent. Then he began to climb. She sat, ready to help him, but quickly she realized that he was doing fine climbing on his own, so she scooted back in the vent, sliding his weapon along with her so that he would have enough room to settle once he got to the top. He reached the top quickly afterward, a little out of breath but quite a bit less than she expected. She raised an eyebrow. He wasn't too bad at this.

xxxxx."So, what is your name? I am Lincoln Markus" Again with the talking? She tilted her head slightly to the side. He seemed to require a response this time for sure, so she looked down, trying to find the words again. They were still there, in her head. A bit dusty, but usable.

xxxxx She rolled her tongue around a moment, wondering if it would get sore like her other muscles did when she used them for the first time. It had been a long time since she had actually used this muscle. Finally, she looked up at him, "No n-name." Her voice cracked and she had to cough a bit to clear it out, "No name. Not anymore." Her mind reeled trying to remember what she was supposed to say when someone introduced themselves, but it escaped her. She settled for turning back around again and starting back down the vents again.

xxxxx.One more upward climb, this one longer than the first one, and they were out, free on the roof. She sighed, letting herself sit beside the vent while he finished his own climb up. The shadows danced around her, but it was lighter than it had been in the vent. She looked up at the endless cloud of dust that had hung over the world since the beginning of the era. She couldn't remember the sun anymore, but it bothered her just how much she had forgotten. How much she had forced herself to forget. This was so much her life now.

xxxxxShe looked back at the vent as Loud One - Lincoln he had said - pulled himself out of the vent. Now what were they going to do? He was too big to fit into the crawl spaces that she had in Blonde One's home, not to forget that she was still hoping he would have some sort of supply cache or safe house that she could make use of. It was a good thing to have as many supplies available as she could.

.xx.xx.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln smiled slightly before going back to scaling the building's ventilation shafts. He followed, Ghost, the name that he had picked out for this woman, she just seemed like a shade. Even her movements somewhat, ghost-like. Lincoln sighed however, he needed a cigarette, but he had to suck it up, he followed behind Ghost, but something he just couldn't get off his mind, how his pigs were doing and whether or not the farm was ransacked yet. He looked at Ghost and licked his lips. "You uh, look mighty tired, I got a farm outside of town, well fortified and a pig, if you're interested, I could use some good people out there." Lincoln said it awkwardly as if he were asking her to a dance or some sort of date. Lincoln stayed a well enough distance to Ghost, making sure that he didn't loose her, but he heard something a little too, unnatural to be the bending of alluminum.

That's when Lincoln realized something, he looked at Ghost, she wasn't too far away but he reached up anyway and grabbed his rifle. Sweat covered Lincoln's brow and he took in a breath before he pulled the trigger to his rifle. That's when the face of a Crawler illuminated in front of him. The Crawler fell lifeless on the sheet of metal, the enviroment settled for a moment, before he heard growling. Lincoln cursed under his breath and tried to climb up the shaft as fast as he could. Lincoln grinned slightly, "I think we might just be a little ******** here." He stated as he climbed up the shaft.

ThePheonixLotus

Indila Belle

♦Combat Medic♦

“We don't develop courage by being happy every day.
We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."

User Image

It was supposed to be like every other day, get up, eat, go to work, come home, eat, then go to bed; but today was different then any other day. 'Five, four, three, two, one' the sound of an alarm sounds causing Indila to slam the off button before sitting up making a creaking sound as she stepped out of her old bed. Popping her neck and back; she stared out her window seeing the Dodger city stare right back at her. Sighing, the women jumped in and out of the shower as the hot water runs out quickly to her dismay before getting dressed. Grabbing a bottle of water and a piece of toast, Indila ran out the door heading to work as usual; jumping into her jeep she sped down the road. The chaos that took over the streets of the city had Indila at the edge of her seat 'what is going on?' she asked herself as she looked at burning buildings that used to be cafes, libraries she loved so fondly, businesses and even police stations.

Too occupied in her thoughts, Indila looked over to see a child standing in the middle of the road and she was making her way towards him; stomping on the brakes the screeching rang her ears before her jeep came to a complete stop only inches from the boy. Throwing her door open, Indila stormed out of the vehicle towards the child. Grabbing the child by their shoulders; Indila turned him to where she could see him fully to only see half his face gone. The women's eyes widened in shock as she pushed the child away from her 'That is not possible, how the hell is he still alive and what the hell happened to him' she thought as she watched the boy turn and look at her "help" she heard him whisper as he outstretched his arms toward her. Putting her hands up in attempt to stop the child from coming any closer to her, she looked him over "Son you need to stay right there, let me get my medic bag so I can take a look at your face" she stated quickly glancing at her phone to find no signal 'damn it' she thought as she ran to her trunk pulling a medic bag out.

Grabbing gauze, tap, saline, needle, and thread Indila turned to head back to find the child right behind her crying louder then before 's**t he is quiet' she thought as she slowly got to his level "Son you need to come closer so I can take care of your face" she stated as she held out her hand for him to only lean forward with his mouth partially open. Pulling her arm back quick she stared at the boy in shock 'what the hell?' she thought as she stood up "Son I can't help you if you try biting me" she said sternly for him to only grab her closer with all the strength he had and man for a kid about six years of age had some muscle on him. Throwing the supplies down and in one swift movement the kid was off of her and a couple of feet away 'Something is not right' she thought as she took stance. Indila eyed the young boy as he made his way off the ground "help" he whispered once more before leaning forward for another bite. Lifting her left foot, Indila did a round house kick to the kid before gathering her stuff back up and zoomed off but not before looking the review mirror to see the boy up and walking once again.'What the hell is going on here' she thought as she couldn't get the image of the boy out of her mind 'I have seen many things but that was something else' she told herself before realizing another vehicle was making her way and fast. Looking up, Indila knew it was too late for her to do anything as the truck side slammed her jeep causing her vehicle to roll many times before stopping. The last thing she remembered before passing out was the sounds of screams and moaning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two years, that is how long this hell on earth has been going; two damn years. Indila has been alone in this world for two years and she liked it like that. The young women didn't have to worry about getting attached to anyone and losing them in all of a short time. She believed being a loner will be better for her and those who may still have survived this hell hole. During the two years, Indila learned a lot about the undone. There were six different kinds of undone Indila has come across; there were the normal slower walkers that were dumb as a door nail and if quiet enough could avoid undetected, Indila liked to call them the Infected. Then there are the Lurkers, they seem to be smarter then the infected as they knew how to use the environment to their advantage and they are a hell of a lot faster. Because of those, Indila became in shape quick as she encountered the little bastards a couple of times and lets just say climbing didn't do s**t. Then there was the Spitter, those undone were the kind she wished she never encountered. They were a little piece of work as they could spit this acid mucous, these things did a number on her flesh but that didn't stop her from blowing off their heads. Screamers was next, these bastards are ones she watched out for the most as they attract a whole horde of undone her way. She was lucky to get out alive but as the fates have it she didn't get out with out doing a number on her body, Indila sprained her ankle on a turn as she was running from the scene on time and almost caused her life because of that damn Screamer.

Having good hearing was something Indila favored about herself as one evening she came across a undone she likes to call Clickers. These are the most creepy ones she has ever encountered, as from what she gathered they were blind and they use echo location or the clicking to 'see'. Hearing the click that the creature makes gives Indila some time to hide or run before it spots her and sometimes she is forced to fight as nothing can stop it from finding her. The last kind of undone, Indila came across the first day. It was a young boy. She calls them impostors as they try to lure you towards them before they attack. Indila thinks about the fateful day every day, she seems to never get the image of that boy out of her mind and she knows it will never leave.

Staring at the stars, Indila shivered feeling goosebumps run across her skin before pulling her jacket towards herself to try to keep some kind warmth she has. 'The nights are getting colder' she thought as she looked down at the vacant streets, the young women knew the roof won't be safe for much longer; she had to keep moving. Jumping to the ladder, Indila took each step with care as to not make a sound before landing firmly on the cement. Grabbing her bag closer, she ran down the street into the darkening city. The bridge came in to view as she ran 'My safe haven is just over the bridge' she thought but was stopped at the sound of gunshots 'no don't, that will attract more' she thought as she looked around to find where the shots were coming from. Then the sound that haunted her dreams filled her ears once again, the sound of screaming. Sprinting, Indila headed towards the survivors in hopes to make it on time; just this once to make it on time.

"Memories have huge staying power, but like dreams,
they thrive in the dark, surviving for decades in the deep waters of our
minds like shipwrecks on the sea bed.”

Where am I: By the bridge heading towards the sound of screams
Who I'm with: No one yet
Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus
Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

.xx.xx.
User Image

xxxxx"I think we might just be a little ******** here."

xxxxx She looked into the shaft that he'd just climbed up from, peering into the darkness and straining her eyes in an attempt to see what had happened. A Rival lay in the bottom of the shaft, it's body limp and lifeless, a hole in its head. The gunshot had been loud... Too loud. She turned and grabbed his gun, not pulling it from him, but still holding it firm. "No gun." She whispered, "They hear. They come." He words still sounded choppy, wrong, but she would have time to evaluate them later. For now, the echo from the gunshot in the vent still rang slightly. If Rivals could find their way up the vents, they were going to come from all directions. She could hear the creatures over the side of the building as they also heard, and knew that all the Easy and the Quick Ones would be coming too.

xxxxxShe snatched up the vent cover, pushing it back in place on the vent and then she crawled to the side of the building, peering down at the side near the bridge. It was hard to see at first, so she glanced at Lincoln, then back at the ground and pulled back her hood, showing her face. Her brown hair sprang free, tangled and matted from her lack of care. She ignored the thought and looked at the rooftops around them. There were paths here: boards and planks that had been set there by someone who walked the rooftops. She had never met them, but she was glad for the path. For now though, she thought she saw someone coming across the way, straight toward the vast numbers of creatures across the bridge.

xxxxxShe had to distract the creatures, she had to keep them from seeing the person on the bridge. She turned on Lincoln, "Where is... Where is your safe house?"

.xx.xx.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln was a tad shocked by the removal of his weapon, to be frank, he didn't like it. However, the woman, he could tell, made a strong point taking away his weapon. They drawed attention to himself, and that was the least of their worries. Lincoln sighed as he climbed up the shaft, the gunshot left a loud ringing in his head. He followed behind Ghost every step of the way until they reached the end of the pathway. "Outside of town. But if we get out of here in one piece and travel towards the Laundromat we will be home free." At that moment, Lincoln remembered his brother, the dumb-a** whom truly ruined his chances for survival. He got infected, four five hours he seemed normal, before his eyes started to go yellow, and his pupils fully dilated and his skin, how it reeked. Lincoln wished that his brother didn't go to the damn barn, it cost him three dogs and a few pigs. Lincoln looked out the vent and saw Ghost's face, she was pretty, Lincoln had to admit that. But this was no time to use the Markus family charm, something the Markus's made up. Lincoln bit his lip, grabbing his rifle again and stepping on the platform past Ghost, his size allowed him to slip by somewhat, uncomfortably.

Lincoln then saw the actions of his transgression in front of him, a large horde, of maybe a hundred standing alone on the bridge, his rifle hung from his shoulder he looked to Ghost, she knew these parts, and although she didn't speak very well, she was a smart woman. Lincoln looked to the horde, and then the rest of the platform. If. There is anyone here, they are more likely to take us in open arms, I know very well that Bandits don't come into the city very often. A smirk came across Lincoln's face, he saw his way home, the alley way and the street which was conveniently open, for now that is. Lincoln stared back at Ghost. "If we take the back alleys and the street over by that clothing shop we can get to my truck and high tail it the hell out of here." Lincoln looked towards the clouds, that's all that was left now, the ruined city and a handful of people to be Humanity. Lincoln sighed and started back at the Horde he looked to Ghost, giving her a come on, we gotta go, head motion. Lincoln was naive, but he was smart, he's adapted to this living, as has everyone else still alive, that is why they still are, alive.

ThePheonixLotus

Mythical Werewolf

12,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
User ImageUser Image

HEALTH 」Wounded, Right Leg「 LOCATION 」In a blocked alleyway.

Well the plan worked; Wolf mused while sprinting at full speed down the second alleyway he turned down. As he was trained by his father, and by the Marines later on, Wolf kept a mental map of the pathway he took while fleeing. It helped keep his bearings on where he needed to go, and how far he needed to run to keep his group safe. On top of the mental map he pulled forth what he could remember of the actual Map of Dodger and then added in the streets he himself had traveled. This gave him a relative idea of where he as and where he needed to go. It also gave him a unique opportunity to catch his breath. As he came upon the sight he wished to see he knew his mental map was correct. As he made his way towards the hardware store earlier he came across a road block. An old accident that had probably taken place just as the city was collapsing two years ago. The key thing about this wreck was that it blocked both the alleyway he was currently in and the alleyway on the opposite end. Meaning that only the quick undone behind him would be able to follow after he jumped the wreck and continued on. The slower of the undone would stay focused on his fleeing body, and the faster ones would jump the cars as well and follow him.

However as he Wolf jumped the last car the pain in his right leg shot back up and caused him to falter the landing and stumble tumbling into the trash cans just ahead of him. If there wasn't a hoard on his a** Wolf might have worried about the noise, but as it was the noise was the least of his worries. He stood, somewhat wobbly, and readied himself for a hard fight. Since he was forced to toss his bow during the chase all he had left was the Demolition Hammer, The Annihilator, and his M1911. It wasn't yet time to rely on his last resort, but it could soon end up that way. He readied himself the Hammer kept low with the claws facing out, and when the first one jumped over the last car Wolf decided to strike. He brought the hammer up quickly, in an arc, and slammed the claws into the first Undone's head with great force. With a sickening crack the skull split open and the Undone's body fell still on the last car. Two more had already jumped over as the first was brained. A quick yank saw to it that the Demolition Hammer was freed from the skull and thrown backwards into the Undone that was about to lung at him from the right. Even the though the force was considerably less than the first strike the weight of the hammer saw to it that the skull was sufficiently cracked and the Undone brained. At that point a hand entered into his field of view. With the skill, and reaction, necessary Wolf used his free left hand to grasp the hand by the wrist and drop to one knee. Momentum worked against the Undone and sent it's back flying into the brick wall in front of Wolf. Quickly he sent his boot into the nose of the Undone using his heel to split its skull.

Wolf stood and eyed the hoard that was clawing and thrashing at the first car in order to get at him. A few were spilling over the wreck, but it would be hours before they could reach him. Then he felt it. The presence of something was now hunting him. The feel of a hunter eyeing its prey before striking. It was hard to tell which he felt first: The sheer hatred of another creature attempting to attack him or the searing pain in his side as a crude knife entered his side. The anger that he had pushed down earlier now surged forth, but it was no longer in the form meager anger that could be shoved back down. It was now like the wrath of a vengeful god. Quickly, like a snake, Wolf's free hand reached out and latched on to the creatures throat preventing it from tearing into the soft flesh of his stomach. The others he had killed were simply new infected, and hadn't yet lost their mobility or become special in their own right. One of them could have eventually turned into what he was now holding onto, but then they were now dead. Even in the midst of his mental breakdown Wolf knew exactly what he was holding. However the limits of his strength were not a problem in the moment, and even though it was stronger than the average person left alive, Wolf was not the average person. Having the fortune of being taught how to survive as well as dozens of well stocked safe houses up and down the coast had given him the advantage he was now capabilitizing on. Wolf pushed out with his hand holding the creature forcing it backwards and then forced his knee into its stomach launching them both forward and then down to the ground with the creature pinned. It thrashed and kicked, but Wolf swayed to avoid any damaging blows to the face. Tossing his Hammer to the side he opted for the K-bar knife strapped to his boot.

The first cuts were sent to the arms just above the elbow. These cuts would not kill the Lurker, but then again that was not Wolf's intention either. With the depth and wide arc of each cut the blade hit bone each time severing the tendon that allowed a person to flex his or her arm. The creatures previous flailing arms halted and fell to each side. The fingers still moved feverishly, but movement of the entire arm was now impossible. Since this lurker was rather small compared to Wolf once the arms were rendered useless he was easily able to bend backwards and with the knife into each heel severing the Achilles tendon. As with the arms the legs instantly stopped their kicking. These were clearly not skills taught by the military, these were skills taught to him by his father. A man whose entire life revolved around torture and killing. A sad man whom always blamed others for his and his people's misfortune. That was until Wolf planted a knife into the mans chest.

Puppy_LOLZ's Waifu

Dangerous Kitten

7,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Married 100
User Image

Rei Heartilly

"Don't worry, Mr. Angelo! I'll do anything to protect you~!"

Company: Sam and Rebecca

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

Things seemed to finally be settling down and her place in the group was secure for the time being. "We can-...!" Rei started to speak up, her eyes fixated on Angelo until he took his leave, causing her to bite her tongue. She thought about following after him for a moment but decided against it; Sam already seemed wary of her and she didn't want to push her chances with him. "Of course. I will be sure to remember that. Just... Sam. It's a pleasure to meet you!" Rei said with a sweet smile, nodding as well as if to confirm that she fully understood his order.

Rei then turned her attention to the other female in the room. She seemed to be her biggest "enemy" at this point, if only for the fact that she was already pissed at her for breaking in and stealing from her. "Mr. Angelo said that your name was Samantha, right? I know you don't really like me but I'm sure that we can put the behind us! We all have to stick together if we want to survive, after all." Sweet words that were more or less empty, repeating the false name that Angelo had called her during his prior breakdown.

"And... I'll repay you for what I took in any way that I can. Just like I said before." She paused for a moment, trying to find the right words to somehow lift the tension between them and make things right. "I know I didn't exactly have your permission but I do thank you for everything...!" Rei added, her words followed by a polite, almost robotic bow.

─────────────────────── ───────────────────────

x-Obscene_Love-x

NuTypeLegend

RiderNoRessha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items