• Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Health: Selene: Rather Good - Jake: Recovering shoulder

Jake close behind the both of them jumps back when their company keels over; his own feet stumbling a bit over one of the dead. Realizing there wasn't an immediate threat, he regains himself and straightens out the disturbed shoulder strap of his bag. For a moment, he closes his eyes to try and escape how disturbing this all is - 'gross.' Shaking off the whole ordeal and quietly steps past the sick man. Eyes on him the entire time, his curiosity want's to inquire if hes alright, but more instinctively he stays quiet and moves toward Selene.

She had already looked away - more to maintain her own wits despite being rather compassionate about it all. The familiar twist in her own stomach was incredibly hard to hold down; frankly she wondered how she was with sound effects to boot. Naturally she forced a smile at that thought, trying to distract herself and gathered up long enough to turn around and reach a hand out to assist. But he was already back up and smiling sheepishly back at them. For that brief moment, their situation seemed less threatening and more normal. She turned back and kept Jake at her left side, only a foot or so back. A metal hitting metal click filled the hallway - followed by an eerie groan. Selene could hear herself swallowing her own spit before his voice disturbed the deadly stillness. "Uh-huh, I agree!" the words flew out of her as fast as fear itself when if strikes your mind and she grabbed Jake's hand before taking off for the exit. The flashlight dimming before it flickered relentlessly in the darkness and spent more time off than on. Selene gave it little attention, her adrenaline taking over as she closed in on the exit and grabbed for the door - It wouldn't budge more than an inch.

The sound of the fire-door hitting steal echos down the hall. Horror climbing up Selene's spine "s**t! There must be a car or something in the way!" Her machete slams into place between the door and it's frame as she pushes with all her weight against the handle...
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

Jack quickly followed behind his company, and upon reaching the exit on the turn, he saw the disparaging shove from the woman, which brought the door the budge no more than an inch. His heart dropped as he swallowed hard and joined in, throwing his shoulder into the door and pushing as hard as he could. He stopped and took in a deep breath, exhausted from the exertion. He shook his head, then quickly whipped back as he heard the louder sounds of the reanimated undone. There was hissing and screeching now, the shuffling of footsteps, or bodies picking themselves up upon being alerted of new victims. Swallowing hard, he pushed against the door again, thinking of nothing but exiting. The door seemed to budge, but centimeters at a time. The girl was right--there was something behind the door barricading them in--but if it was a car, he'd be sure to at least dent it in somehow--provide just enough space for the three of them to get out

The bloodcurling hissing grew louder, and he looked at his company as he paused and stepped back from the door. He swallowed hard. There wouldn't be enough time.

He threw his shoulder into the door one more time, this time the force bringing the door to crack open a little bigger, enough for the thin frames of his company to shimmy through. He looked over at the both of them and considered his fate. He was infected. What would it matter if he were to get through anyway. There was a difference between realization and actualization, and it was just now when he discovered it.

"You all need to go--now!" he said, the hissing growing louder down the hall. He heard the pounding of footsteps echoing down the L shaped hall. They hadn't yet turned the corner where they'd be face to face with him. He could buy them some time.

Glewen
User Image
Angelo Walker

Company: Rebecca Dicken
Angelo jolted awake, the slight nudge was enough to snap him back into the harsh world he had left behind for his dream. He had no idea how long he'd been asleep for or even when he'd actually fallen asleep. He cursed himself for being so careless, falling out somewhere like this was practically like shooting yourself in the head. He climbed to his feet eyeing the girl as she smoked.

The smell filled his nose and practically invaded his mind, he felt like he could taste the thing. He'd always hated that habit, his partner was like a broken stove and the constant assault of smoke drove him up the wall, he'd often snatch the cigarette from him only to find he'd lit another in its place. He weighed the option of trying that with her but decided against it. She seemed to already dislike working with him and her trust of him was most likely starting to lower given the repeat lapses in his judgement. Instead he stood with her in silence for a moment, thinking of something to say without sounding foolish.

How long had it been since he'd had a real conversation that didn't pertain to survival? He couldn't remember, hell he could barely remember the people he called friends. That could have been the stress or maybe even the pills that he took just to keep himself stable enough to go on. " You should consider those vapor cigarettes. They won't kill you as quickly and I won't have to smell tar and dried gore everytime I want to talk to you. " He meant for it to come off much more lighthearted than it did but two years of social aloofness and bloodshed just made it sound as if he wasn't even speaking directly to her.

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
tuhon

User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

Selene had effectively put her back against the door, pushing against the hilt of her weapon with all her might. Jake had tucked himself in the corner next to the hinges of the exit, armed hand shaking as his wide eyes watching the hallway for the inevitable. Their eyes met their company's before he ran with an unexpected force into the door and Selene could feel the change in it's positioning.

Jake naturally was already squeezing through the small opening, having too much panic in his mind to wait for any instruction. Survival mode had taken over; fully welcomed by Selene. "Ahh! They're com- They're out here too!" his panicked voice called back inside. Without thinking he ducked down under the small F150 pick-up truck that had been blocking the doorway and clutched the bag under his chest.

Selene hadn't let go of the hilt, intending on using it to hold the door open as much as she possibly could. Their company wasn't going after Jake and the fear of that ran through her body. "Us?! We can all make it out! C'mon!" Insistent but the man seemed to be in his own mind. "C'MON! I'll hold it!! I've got this!" He was distracted, apparently gauging his own survival rate and Selene could hear Jake calling for help outside the door. "DAMMIT! For Christ sake man! Let's go!" She pushed on the door and threw her bags out, shoving herself through with a lot of effort. The machete dropping to the ground before she could reach for it again and grab onto the door to hold it open. Her boots shoved up against the building, she wasn't leaving without him.

"Selene!" Jake's voice came again just as she scanned their surroundings. Slowly the undone were closing in, one just on the other side of the truck and reaching for Jake's legs. He risked a kick or two before moving closer tot he front end next to Selene and awaiting her next move obediently. They were down to seconds left as she weighed the situation - He wasn't coming.. was he?
User Image

e llo a m e ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴜм ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ᴊ ᴜ ร txxxς ค l lxxx๓ єxxxG̶̲̥̅̊ H̶̲̥̅̊ O̶̲̥̅̊ S̶̲̥̅̊ T̶̲̥̅̊

Early 20's | 100lbs | 5'4"

◎--------------◎--------------◎--------------◎

xxxxxGhost nodded her agreement to Lincoln's, looking around at the others steadily. Missy still wasn't rising up to bite anyone, and she didn't seem to be changing so Ghost decided to take that as a good sign. She continued to hold the revolver from the wrong end, planning to use it more as a club than as an actual gun. Guns were loud. she was not, and neither were the creatures that followed them. Whisperer mumbled about his arrows as he pulled a few out to cover them as they went to retrieve yet another survivor. It was interesting that there were so many, Ghost had not meant to have such a big group when she'd set out to stretch her legs and survey the perimeter. Perhaps once she'd discovered if this farm was a safe place she would return to get the Blonde One, the Newcomer and the Others. They woudl probably want to come somewhere safe, she imagined that anyone faced with the world they were living in would probably want to be somewhere safe. The Blonde One had a good hiding spot, but it was not as good as a farm. Farms meant food, and Ghost remembered Lincoln mentioning something about food before.

xxxxxLincoln sprang into action quickly, starting to make his way across the bridge and Ghost followed silently behind him. It didn't matter if she was quiet, not so much now as it had before when she was on her own, but it was a habit that was hard to break. She had been so quiet before... it was just a required part of her existence. It was part of what made her a ghost. Lincoln was the first line of offense against the monsters, knocking them back as they ran. Whisperer was the second line, as his arrows flew forward to take the creatures that were coming from behind. Between the two of them, Ghost had very few stragglers to deal with. As they reached the other side of the bridge, however, Ghost began to pass Lincoln, her minute size allowing her to speed just a bit faster. As soon as she got near enough that she could see the man who was now crossing the bridge, however, she came to a sudden stop, her eyes widening slightly.

xxxxxThe man was huge, bigger than huge, he was massive in comparison to herself. He had to be at least a foot taller than her, and a good deal wider, but not from fat. He was bulky, muscular, and Ghost had to pause to take him in. Then she noticed the blood on his side and she spun her gun in her hand, leveling it at his head. No matter how big he was, if he was bitten, he couldn't stand up to a gun. Now that she had apparently decided to start saving people, Ghost realized that she was going to need a gun. People were even more dangerous than the creatures that hunted them. Terror left her rigid, but determination made her steady. If she needed to, she would run. In the same moment as she began to point, she noticed his hand was across his chest. Why would he do that? Weapon. It was the only reason that anyone did anything these days. "No moving." She said quickly.

xxxxxAll of this happened within a few seconds, and as soon as her gun ended steadily aimed at his head, Lincoln caught up. "Bite," She told Lincoln, moving her gun quickly down to point at the man's side and then quickly shifting it back to his face. Big One. She was already beginning to call him that. He was a Big One.

◎--------------◎--------------◎--------------◎

User Image
e t a i l s ⋅ ⋅ ⋅

ѕ υ м м α я у ...
[►] Ghost follows Lincoln across the bridge, and passes him partway across, reaching Wolfe first. She sees the knife wound in Wolfe's side and assumes it is a bite, pointing her gun at his head. When Lincoln joins her a few moments later, she points out that Wolfe is bit.

¢ α я я у ι η g ...
o==[]:::::::::::> lockpicking tools --- Revolver

ℓ σ ¢ α т ι σ η ...
On the Bridge with Lincoln and Wolfe.

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Genetic Genocide

Xaumeric
User Image
[ Rebecca Dicken ]

Upon hearing grump's voice, Rebecca felt a little less concerned. It still annoyed her how they would go on, trying to get her to stop. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and continued staring out over the city, throwing the end to the ground beside her and stubbing it with her foot. Rebecca let a heavy breath come out, not quite a sigh but also not full of energy. She put her elbows on that wall, resting her chin on her hands. "Have you ever had to try and resuscitate a person, have them be declared dead, tell their family and then go to the next patient like nothing has happened? You begin to feel like one of those undone, unable to show true emotions, becoming immune to everything around you, putting on a face for everyone else despite feeling dead inside. The cigarettes remind me I'm still alive and need to satisfy a craving other than food." Rebecca felt that what she had said was a bit too dark. It felt too relevant to the crisis around her, the crisis around everyone. She rubbed the bridge of her nose, blocking him from all thoughts before she allowed emotions to get the better of her. She needed to lighten the mood a bit. Besides, I've eaten all the chocolate within a 5 mile radius so we don't have to worry about that habit." Rebecca gave a little smile. Usually, to strangers, it was forced, an act. But actually talking to someone real, who could talk back, felt good.
Rebecca reminded hers elf of her small list. Grump had still called her Samantha. And as fit and well as he seemed now, there could still be problems. "By the way, last night, while I were in a mood, you called me Samantha. Can I ask who she is?"
NuTypeLegend"

RiderNoRessha

Minevato

((Sorry if I've not given you chance to post. I had a rare, brilliant thought at half 5 in the morning.))
User Image

[J a c k . S p a d e ]

The boy slid out the door, and the girl follow suit, wiggling out the sliver of an exit that was now held for Jack. Jack considered his chances, then heard the hissing of the undone once more, this time accompanied with what seemed like a stampede. He turned to slivered opening, but upon grabbing the door, he felt himself lurch forward again and throw up, more pasty brown liquid coming out of his mouth.

He turned around to see how much time he had, and as he did, caught the eye of the first of the undone horde. A grotesque figure; foaming at the mouth, and eyeball missing, hair thin like straw, long since dead on a reanimated corpse.

It was then when Jack realized what it felt like to give up. His body was weak. He was going to turn within the night, and he was going to become one of these things. He turned to his company, the admirable young woman still gripping the hilt of her machete to hold the door for Wes, and then the cry from the boy underneath the truck. Apparently, more were coming their way.

He stared at the woman and gave her a sheepishly wry smile. The smile someone gives to someone they know will be the last person they ever see in their life. He heard the footsteps marching closer. If he turned around now, he could probably catch the whites of the undone eyes, mindlessly filled with nothing but rage. He grabbed the end of the machete. It dug deeper and deeper into his hand as he lifted it up from the door and finally pushed it out of the seal the exit.

The door slammed in front of him with a resounding thud. Now in complete darkness, his own testament to survival was the cold revolver he had been gripping in his right hand. The sounds around him ceased to exist, now that he had just one thing on his mind. He brought the revolver slowly towards the roof of his mouth, then felt the hard tackle of undone rush onto his back. He slammed into the cold, steel door in front of him head first, then felt the tearing of flesh of his back, his legs, and his left arm. A dull pain seared through his body as he felt the rotting teeth sink into his skin. He cried horrifically--a pain he had never felt before, never thought was possible. The revolver still clutched in his right hand the only claim to his humanity, he adjusted himself, his shoulder now buried into the door, and bit down on the hard steel of his revolver. He felt fingers now grabbing a hold of his hair, and as he closed his eyes, braced himself as he pulled the trigger of his revolver, the gunfire echoing, and alarming the undone momentarily before they continued feasting on his flesh
User Image
Angelo Walker

Company: Rebecca Dicken
Angelo watched with mild curiosity as she spoke about her life before the accident. He wasn't sure she'd be interested in sharing her thoughts considering the way he and Sam had been acting since they'd showed up, then there was the problem with his outburst. The woman had any right to split away from them and move along but the idea of traveling alone must have been more off putting than traveling in a group. Angelo could understand that, being alone in this place was different than being alone before. When you were alone before there were still faces and voices to take in, but here the world was harsh and cruel so any face you could see wouldn't be interested in sharing stories.
Angelo stuffed his hands into his pockets, moving the contents around with mild interest. It was a habit he had always had when he couldn't think of anything to say in a certain situation. "I used to be a detective." He began. The words seemed to hang in the air before he decided to finish. "I never had the chance to save anyone so I guess in a way I can understand how you feel. If you take every patient to heart then you end up weighing the burden on your own shoulders but on the other hand if you choose to ignore it then you start to feel like you do. It's kind of the same way for me, I try to find guilty people but if I take every crime personally then I let myself take the blame when I can't solve it. If I don't worry about it then I detach myself from the people that want my help." He tried his best to offer her a connection of some kind.
Her joke seemed innocent enough. He gave a small chuckle, more amused that she actually made a joke than the humor of the joke itself. He did his best not to look at her face, afraid that he'd try to read her. He placed his elbows on the wall in the same fashion she had, turning his idle hands into each other. He pretended to be thinking of a joke as well but he knew he wouldn't. Instead he simply waited for her to ask him about Samantha.
Just like he assumed she would, she did. It was only natural she'd ask, the time was perfect considering they were alone not to mention the fact that he'd been quick to leave as soon as everyone was gone. He decided to just say it, there was no sense in hiding the story from anyone. "My wife." It was harder for him to admit than he would have liked but he had no reservations. "She's gone now. I had to make some choices for the safety of myself and my daughter, I'm not proud of it or myself but you should know what it's become out there." He didn't offer anymore details than that but it should suffice and keep her questions at bay.
User Image
[ Rebecca Dicken ]

Giving a slight nod, Rebecca felt a small amount of weight come off her shoulders. It was rare to find someone who had experienced the same emotions, or lack of, in this day and age. Sure, she was able to talk about it with him, but it wasn't the same. You can't ask someone to feel something they've never felt before. At least there was one of the two men to talk to, to share experiences with. Maybe sane one was a detective too, which would probably explain why they were so close.
The next words he spoke made Rebecca silently grieve for the woman. The way he looked, that slight pain to his face as he admitted it, spoke volumes. She put her hand gently on his shoulder. It took her a while to think of the appropriate words to say to him, but she eventually got them. "Sometimes, it's the best thing for them," Rebecca said quietly, taking her hand back. Now he entered her mind again, running through the last conversation she had with him, watching him beg her to shoot him. From what Rebecca could guess, grump's experience with his wife was probably very similar to her experience. The mention of him having a daughter caught Rebecca's attention as an afterthought. She didn't see him with a girl, and the way he spoke to Rei the night before was similar to how he spoke to her. Rebecca decided against asking him. He was obviously in some sort of grief period now that he had the time to do so. It would be unfair to probe him for more information.
Rebecca looked at grump again, giving a small smile, "I'm going back in. I need to find my backup bat in case we're going out again." Rebecca turned and left the roof, ignoring how her eyes were slightly damp. She needed a different mood. Maybe joy? Nah, there wasn't much to be joyous about nowadays. She couldn't be sad as that would cause a downward spiral into despair. Anger seemed wrong at this moment in time; she already had it last night and it would disturb the peace. Maybe it was time to slap on that well-rehearsed fake smile and make sure everyone was awake. Which reminded her, Rebecca needed to check out her defenses.
NuTypeLegend"

RiderNoRessha

Minevato

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

He nearly made it, nearly tried, when something unexpected stopped him. Selene watched with wide eye's as again he threw up the contents of his stomach. Was it a reaction from eating so much after starving? Was the food spoiled after all this time? Her dirtied white tank top and thinner padded winter vest raised and dropped rapidly as she braced herself for anything - any reaction at all. And before she knew it, a recognizable smile appeared on his face. "NO! Don't you ******** dare!" she screamed at him, panic taking over as she fought against his intentions. His hands reaching up for the steal, she adjusted her boots, rebelling against his force. But something inside of her let it happen - gave up on him. And she would forever regret that very moment when the door slammed shut and the weapon flung up and out of her hands.

"NO! WHY did you do that?!" tears uncontrollably taking over as she clawed at the door, banging her fist against it as his blood curdling screams rang out inside the building.

"SELENE!" The ten year olds' voice broke her momentary lapse in judgement. He was standing behind her, the hilt of her weapon in hand as he watched her back. There was nothing he could do against the amount of undone approaching more at the noise than the smell of their living bodies.

Bang! The gun went off... and no further sounds of the man inside were heard. Selene pushed away from the door and stood, hands shaking warily as the abrupt reality set in. The sounds of the hissing dead behind her returned at an unexpected speed; her hand fumbling for the hilt from Jake. In one angry strike, she turned with full force and slashed the four in a row that were directly infront of them now. Jake reaching down and stabbing his hunting knife through the skull of one making it to their side of the vehicle's undercarriage. Three of the four dropped, the other one toppling backward into another.

Jake took this opportunity to rush through the lot, breaking free on the other side and running for cover as the remaining few surrounded Selene. She stumbled back, just a bit, into the wall of the building and used it's unexpected presence to force herself back into them, one hand on the hilt, the other on the dull end by the end to give a solid shove. The injured undone now fully toppled two others, only one still standing that were close by. She caught a glimpse of Jake running from two that had caught on to his relocation. "JAKE, find cover! I'll find you!"

He did as he was told and disappeared a few moments later around another building and looking for any place to hide.

Selene grabbed for her bags, ducking as the one still standing grabbed for her and ended up awkwardly running into the wall. She was now out of the corner she had been pinned into between the building and the crashed 150, and took off, running for Jake as the four left over dead gathered themselves back up. She made it around the building, quickly looking for Jake and easily killed the two that slowly followed his trail. They were't paying any attention to her after all. It seemed they were now in the clear as long as they kept running, but Jake must have found some place to hide in the short time they had been apart. He wasn't along the sidewalk infront of her and she could see the bridge not far up ahead. "Jake!.." she called in a hushed tone. "Jake? Where are you?" The boy didn't answer and she fought herself when the possibilities tried to set in.

"Jake!" she called a little louder just as she came up to a dead end alley way. Torn chainlink fence hanging from metal poles, the area looked vacant. This had to be where he ran. Her first instinct leading her to the dumpster and she hopped up on one of the foot holds to look in. Nothing. "Jake - c'mon, where are you dammit?!" not so hushed anymore, her voice cracked with concern as she dropped back down. And then she saw him, crouched down in a corner, hiding behind a stack of wooden crates. He was trembling in horror as he froze at the presence of a lurker. It crept toward him and he seemed incapacitated by his own fears.

Selene dropped the bags and charged forward, the lurker's train of thought interrupted as it looked up to see her hostile advance coming straight for it. She projected herself off a small pile of rubble, again the machete in both hands and caught the thing in it's own mouth. Both bodies slamming up against the brick wall behind it, she shoved with all her might into it's skull. An enraged war cry coming up from the depth of her soul, the skull began to crack and give under the steel. With one final shove, it severed and she forced the body off tot he side away from Jake. As she watched it drop, her heart pounding from the adrenaline, Jake gathered himself back up and joined her at her side. She shook off whatever blood had spilled out onto her hands, and took note of where the river might be to rinse off.

Her voice rushed and short breathed, she turned to Jake and pat him on the shoulder. "C'mon.. let's get the hell... out of here. River's not far." she turned away, reaching back for her bags and throwing them over her shoulder once again. This time adjusting one to fully go on her back. The hissing and gurgling sounds of the undone she had managed to outrun were not far off and the two of them quickly exited the alley way and head for the river. "Past the bridge he said... there's a cabin a ways out. You good?"

Jake looked up at her with a wary face, but behind it, the stubborn tenacity that had gotten him this far. He nodded, firmly, and stepped ahead of her. Selene took one more moment to wipe her forehead with her upper arm and glance back at the way they had come. ".. I didn't even catch his name."

Genetic Genocide

Mythical Werewolf

12,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Xaumeric

Rupert Part-time Decayed

ThePheonixLotus

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

User ImageUser Image

HEALTH 」Wounded, Right Leg. Knife in left side.「 LOCATION 」Crossing the bridge.

Gun. That was all it took for the instinct to kick in. Once the hunk of metal was in view he pulled the M1911 .45 from it's holster and leveled it at the girl. His right hand held the gun and his left held the combat knife, but he moved his left under his right so that the butt of the gun was steadier than before. Quickly he dropped to one knee, but as his knee felt the concrete of the bridge the knife in his side radiated pain always the way up along the left side of his body. However it wasn't the first time he was in pain during a combat situation. Ten feet. That was the distance between the two groups, and close enough to send a round into her head if things went wrong. “I can take both of you out before the drunk fires off another arrow.” The tone was devoid of judgment and represented the cold hard truth of the situation. Wolf didn't care the man was drinking. He'd met a few soldier who shot better after a few rounds of vodka than they would sober. The world fell apart, there was no room to judge those whom had survived this long.

The stalemate, however, was cut short when decaying hands reached out from the car to Wolf's left. Without even looking his left hand quickly lashed out with the knife to dispatch the threat. The knife tip found its home in the undone's skull without much trouble, but with the tremendous amount of pain radiating from his left side there was no possible way he was about to pull that knife free if he wanted to keep his gun pointed at the group in front of him. So he left it in the undone's skull. Wolf stood, slowly to not give anyone a reason to shoot, and turned himself sideways. Making a smaller target to hit. It was then that he noticed a slinking figure moving through the cars. As it was spotted it did what any predator would at that point, it lunged. Over the car and directly for Wolf's torso. Quickly his left hand moved down and gripped the shaft of the make shift knife that was left in his abdomen. Yanking it free of his flesh wolf brought up his hand in an ark that would align the tip of the knife with the side of the lunging lurker's head. As it collided he put all of his force into his shoulder and pushed outward and lowered himself back to one knee. With this he redirected the body further backwards and then over himself so that the lurker missed completely. There was a loud crunch as the glass of the car to Wolf's right gave under the pressure of having a body slam into it. The sudden movement made the pain in his side worse and since he removed the only thing keeping most of the blood from flowing out of his wound. Once again he was left on one knee, but this time it wasn't by choice. The pain was now starting to show in the from of bared teeth and a shaky grip on a rather heavy gun. As things were Wolf should have been passed out hours ago with the amount of blood lost from the past two days. Adrenaline was the only thing holding him together at this point.

Blessed Loiterer

User Image
'Not everyone knows how work for a livin'...
"ℓincoln мarkus נя."

Lincoln looked at the man, he was wounded, he looked to have barely enough strength to stand up, Lincoln licked his lips and put a hand on Ghost's gun. "I got a farm a few miles out of town, its got warm beds, safe walls, and some animals. Come join us if you want, everyone else here is." Lincoln really hoped that this guy didn't want to kill him. But in the world like it is today, you needed to put your trust in the hands of strangers in order to survive. Lincoln scratched the back of his head and gripped the led pipe he hand in his hand, as the Undone attacked the soldier like man, Lincoln ran over to him and tried to pick him up. Placing an arm over his shoulder and tried to pick him up, maybe not the smartest move, but the man didn't seem like he was in the best health to fight us. Lincoln darted his eyes left and right, looking down at the gun, he didn't want to get shot, but if that was the case, he could fight back and Ghost could fire at him, then they'd leave and we would have more of an Undone distraction... Lincoln waited for the big man to accept his help, he was a little taller than Lincoln but Lincoln could be used a support for his huge size.

ThePheonixLotus

Xaumeric

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Genetic Genocide

... But now, you gotta work to survive.'

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Elliot lowered his bow as they cleared most of the undone. Twelve arrows, he fired a good twelve out, and with enough skill that it wouldn't take much to pluck them from the undone's skulls. Though Elliot was fully capable of making more arrows, especially if farmer Lincoln's property had some good tree's near it; he was far too lazy to want to. So he rather scavenge what he fired, a sort of recycling if you would. Taking another swig from his stash, he let out a sigh. "Damn, buddy don't look to good." He said out loud, looking on at the fellow they just rescued.

Elliot couldn't see the extent of his injuries but the male seemed to hurting something fierce the way he toppled over like that. Even Lincoln forgone his own safety to assist the male. The his companion(Ghost) merely stood idle, her guard ever up. Indila was still at his side, and he hoped she was watching his back, luckily the thick of the horde was on the other parties end and not his. Seeing a few more Undone make their approach to the Lincoln's party, he raised his bow once more, and fired off three more arrows. Dropping those who approached. "Oi! Hurry it up, ladies I got to pee!" Elliot yelled out, his once joke became an actual issue, as the male felt his liquor hitting his kidneys something fierce.

The adult couldn't help but squirm out a sort of childish pee pee dance, as he lowered his bow; his free hand grabbing his crotch as his thighs clenched. Worst moment ever, having the abrupt urge to piss during a rescue mission, in the belly of the beast. Elliot soon took a heavy breath, trying to compose himself. He would have to hold it like a big boy, until they made it to their destination or to a safer location so his manhood didn't become a sausage snack for a lurking Undone. Now that's a horrible way to go.

Location:Rooftop Overlooking Bridge || ; Company:Squad up with Lincoln, 'Ghost' and Indila, with Wolf in the distance. || ; Personal Thoughts: Awe ******** now I got to pee.|| ; B.A.L.: Thought I could put some comedic relief

Genetic Genocide

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Timid Shapeshifter

3,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Selene Oskevren
& Jake

By the time the two of them came close enough to the bridge to accept they had made it, they were both worn down from lack of food, rest, water and the emotional roller coaster this had all been since the hardware store. Selene stopped Jake for a moment to take a break. The street mostly clear before the bridge ahead, they sat down to lean their backs on the small grill of a car. Jake pulled out the water bottle Jack had returned to him and they both shared a similar grief while staring at it. "I didn't catch his name. Nor the others. I wonder if our hero is still..."

Jake touched her forearm, a sign for her to not say it. "I have to get his bag to him." he simply said and she stared down at it, battered and bloodied even moreso now, taking in a deep breath. "I suppose you're right." She opened the last bottle of water and took a larger swig of it before handing it to Jake. "He say why he declined the water?" she asked.

"No." Jake responded, shaking his head in a single gesture. Jake stared at the bottle, twirling the water inside before taking his own sip. Both interrupted by the familiar moaning and gurgling nearby. Both unfaltered by it. Selene silently encouraged Jake to take another sip before he passed it back and she replaced the cap. "Let's continue. It will be less 'busy' from here on out. Less of them roam the countryside. Unless you want to head back home."

Jake shook his head firmly, his mind long made up before the question surfaced. "Nu-uh. Then he will think I stole his things." An accepting but doubtful smile crossed Selene's face. Her hand found the top of his toque and rubbed it playfully. "Alright, onward to our destination - headquarters can wait!" Jake kept his head down, straightening his hat and smirking to himself. Headquarters was what Selene started calling 'home' to give the whole situation more depth than just death and disease. It seemed to work.

The both of them stood up, gathering their things and calmly noting slow approaching undone int he far distance. "They're still following." Selene said, a little surprised. But then, food was food. No matter what you are. Coming back around the car in a semi crouched state, Jake ducked down to mimic her. She looked ahead to the bridge, well, what she could see of it from here. "There's a good lot of them... let's try not to draw attention and sneak past."

With that they both attempted quietly and quickly passing the bridge entrance, heading for what felt like the city line. After this it would be easier, wouldn't it?

"Wait look!" Jake's voice called, Selene generally a few steps ahead of him. She turned to shush him, just in time to see what caught his attention. "Oh- " She reached for Jake and grabbed his shoulders, quickly darting out of plain view and behind the bumper of the first vehicle on the bridge. "Hold on-" she whispered, nearly crawling as she moved on her hands and knees to get a better look. There he was - military man - in absolute terrible shape. Along with a handful of others. A gun on him, people generally reacting as they should. But he was nearly at deaths door from what she could tell and finally one of them approached his figure, offering a hand up.

Plenty of undone in the area, Selene questioned the distance between herself and them. Instinct saying to follow - watch - not announce their presence. But Jake had other ideas. The kid nearly jumped out from the other side of the vehicle, rushing ahead to it's front bumper, waving an arm and hesitating to call out. He wanted to - he would have, if it wouldn't turn the hoard on them. But just then, as Selene jumped up from the drivers side to follow him, he tripped on one of the recently slaughtered bodies and screamed out. Selene hurling herself over the front end of the car, she slid down to his side and helped him to his feet. He was wincing, trying to silence himself but he landed hard on the shoulder he injured in the Hardware store. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry -" "Enough!" She scooped him up and held him in her arms - her strength greatly more than expected of her frame. Looking ahead to the others, and behind to the undone catching up... she only had a few moments to formulate a plan.

Genetic Genocide
Xaumeric
Rupert Part-time Decayed
ThePheonixLotus
Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Unbeatable Warrior

10,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
A scream ripped through the sound of moans of the undone. It wasn't high like a woman's but it wasn't deep enough to be a man's. A child? Elliot turned to the direction to see a woman and boy, the former helping the latter up from what appeared to be a fall. Which normally wasn't bad, if it hadn't been for Undone approaching them. Not willing to leave much for chance, Elliot rushed over to their direction, moving a swiftly as his intoxicated body could move him. The male reached for an arrow, he wasn't a sure shot while in motion, and he didn't want to risk hitting the two. He just needed to get within range, close enough to fire off a shot and not leave his newly gained compatriots hanging. He brought himself into a skid as he reached a reasonable angle.

Quickly raising his bow, arrow ready to fire. One eye closed as he took aim, damn he was cutting it close as an undone climbed over the roof of the car they hid by. Slipping down the hood. "Gotcha." He called out, as the arrow was let loose and sent soaring right into the dead man's eye and piercing out into the back of it's head. It's body going limp as it slid down the grill and onto the ground. Elliot smirked feeling accomplished, like some sort of hero. "Oi, come on your two lets get a move on. I aint got no infinite ammo cheat, ya' know." His Chicago dialect coming out strong.

Elliot lowered his bow, as he waited for them to approach. The fact that he had to pee still in high effect. Though he was trying to maintain his cool first impression. Didn't want to spoil that with a pissy pants. It may have been the end of the world, and man were being eating alive by the dead; but being an adult and pissing on yourself still didn't seem all that acceptable. Besides its only so much you could get away with by blaming it on the alcohol.

Elliot heard the sound of glass cracking to his left. As he turned he found himself being tackled by a woman. Her jaw fully decayed off, showing the bone and tooth underneath the flesh. It was putrid and disgusting, and she smelled rancid. Elliot jammed the length of his bow into her mouth as she tried to gnaw at him, the two of them tumbling over. "Lady get the kid, and move back to my group. We about to leave soon!" He called out to her, to get her feet moving faster. Elliot reached for his knife that was holstered against his shoulder. Reaching for it, while he kept her muzzled, he felt her trying to claw at him, but his vest kept his chest protected. "Yeah, yeah I know you want a taste of meh lucky charms. All the ladies do." He said grasping the knife, and guiding it's sharp tip into her temple.

Like her buddy before her, she went limp. Now fully death, Elliot was able to toss her to the side. Pulling his bow from her mouth, and grouping up with the woman and child. "Hey, I'm not bitten nor did I get any of her in me. Wait that sounded weird, either way. I'm Elliot and I mean you no harm."

Location:Rooftop Overlooking Bridge || ; Company:Squad up with Lincoln, 'Ghost' and Indila, with Wolf in the distance. || ; Personal Thoughts: Awe ******** now I got to pee.|| ; B.A.L.: Thought I could put some comedic relief

Glewen

Genetic Genocide

ThePheonixLotus

Rupert Part-time Decayed

Angry Vampire_LoVeR96

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items